criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Focused Feedback

What would a Battlefront 2015 throwback season look like?

2Next

Replies

• masontcarr wrote: »
    Piscettios wrote: »
    masontcarr wrote: »

Great concept. But, i would want all heroes and maps from Battlefront 2015 to come over to Battlefront II as well.

No doubt on the heroes. Was attempting to keep it semi-realistic when I did the concept. Plus we had Jyn and Krennic in another Rogue One focused thread around the same time. 👍🏼

Ok. but yeah, i hope to see Battlefront 2015 Heroes, Maps, & Weapons be ported to Battlefront II

Would be great. Its less work for them as the maps are there and they said themselves that it takes 3/4 of time it would take to make new maps.

P.S. I'm all for new maps (mustafar, mimban etc.)

Great concept. But, i would want all heroes and maps from Battlefront 2015 to come over to Battlefront II as well.

No doubt on the heroes. Was attempting to keep it semi-realistic when I did the concept. Plus we had Jyn and Krennic in another Rogue One focused thread around the same time. 👍🏼

Ok. but yeah, i hope to see Battlefront 2015 Heroes, Maps, & Weapons be ported to Battlefront II

Would be great. Its less work for them as the maps are there and they said themselves that it takes 3/4 of time it would take to make new maps.

P.S. I'm all for new maps (mustafar, mimban etc.)

Yeah. new maps would be great too.
  • Thinking about it, if DICE ported the SFA maps, that would surely satisfy the large majority of people wanting new SA maps. also it would add diversity to the mode; some matches would take place in space whilst others in the planets skies
  • Thinking about it, if DICE ported the SFA maps, that would surely satisfy the large majority of people wanting new SA maps. also it would add diversity to the mode; some matches would take place in space whilst others in the planets skies

Yeah. and they could add the ground maps too for Galactic Assault or Capital Supremacy. Especially Scarif.
  • Hopefully we see this happen in the future.
  • tommytom64 wrote: »
    Just curious, but why do people like Walker Assault better than GA? Is it just because of the maps (actually one of the reasons I kind of like it a bit more)? Or is it something about the mode itself? Cause, I mean, GA has more variation with unique objectives for each map, essentially giving each planet its own version of "Walker Assault" instead of adapting the Battle of Hoth to, well, every planet that isn't Hoth.

I don't know why the like it better than GA. Walker Assault is great, and same thing with Galactic Assault.
  • Oh and of course twi'lek skins for every class. I hate that I can be twi'lek on this game only on one class that I even use the least. Also give us more twi'lek skin colors like pale blue, yellow and possibly red as well.
    and of course green

Yeah. More Twi'lek skins are a must.
  • lowell
    1581 posts Member
    edited October 14
    This was proposed as something that could come to the game and it's sort of a throwback:

But then the online community ultimately acknowledged they were not in favor it coming to the game and Dennis walked away from it:

Also, got some similar reaction building up on Reddit:

https://old.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/dg3c0w/plz_god_no/

I've placed the twitter links into spoiler tags to make the thread easier to navigate ~Rtas
    Post edited by EA_Rtas on
  • A handful of classic maps, 1 per planet in different modes. Capital Supremacy Scarif, Galactic Assault Cloud City, Starfighter Assault Death Star, Blast Sullust, so many different combinations for stuff. Although Scarif should absolutely be Capital Supremacy, but it moves into space combat instead of inside a cruiser.
  • A handful of classic maps, 1 per planet in different modes. Capital Supremacy Scarif, Galactic Assault Cloud City, Starfighter Assault Death Star, Blast Sullust, so many different combinations for stuff. Although Scarif should absolutely be Capital Supremacy, but it moves into space combat instead of inside a cruiser.

Yeah. These would make great additions to the game. and the heroes and weapons from BF 2015.
  • A limited time event featuring a galactic Civil War era turning point or capital supremacy map on either Yavin IV Hoth or Naboo

I mean there’s nothing stopping dies from putting a Naboo galactic assault style map for the GCW era and plopping down an ATAT for the imps on Naboo.
    There was one such thing during the campaign

.....that campaign was Falsely advertised.
    An elite soldier fighting for the empire NOT!!!
    The first three missions Iden Versio is fight for the Empire and just when She gets to her home planet she has a crisis of conscience, and elite special forces trooper who is duly indoctrinated into the empire has a crisis of conscience when her father is an admiral she decides to betray the empire just because they turn out to be a little evil
  • Or maybe just a event pertaining to their battlefront game or the two players to go do something back on that game and have an event there because they still have the servers
  • Alex64 wrote: »
    Cancel Battlefront II and bring back the first one

The servers on that game are still alive, you can go back and play it right now. THere's no need to get rid of this one and force it on everyone.

I don't see that happening at all. Plus, I wouldn't want Battlefront II's support to end anytime soon. I would like some of Battlefront 2015's content to be ported to the game like maps, heroes, & weapons.
    Alex64 wrote: »

I don't see that happening at all. Plus, I wouldn't want Battlefront II's support to end anytime soon. I would like some of Battlefront 2015's content to be ported to the game like maps, heroes, & weapons.

Battlefront II support ended long time ago, now they are just trying to fix this game and installing all the content that a AAA game should have at launch.

What? Battlefront II support has not ended, yet. If Battlefront II support ends, it would like be 2021 or even late 2020. But hopefully, the game's support doesn't end soon.
  • lowell
    1581 posts Member

Battlefront II support ended long time ago, now they are just trying to fix this game and installing all the content that a AAA game should have at launch.

What? Battlefront II support has not ended, yet. If Battlefront II support ends, it would like be 2021 or even late 2020. But hopefully, the game's support doesn't end soon.

This game ends this year with the last episode update, just like Battlefront 2015 with RO movie.

This says otherwise:

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2019-08-22-restoring-trust-in-star-wars-battlefront-ii
    F8RGE wrote: »
    We're almost two years past launch and turned up to gamescom with one of our biggest announcements and capture events since launch, if not the biggest.

We're excited for the future.

Plus, if what you suggest were to be the case,
    lowell wrote: »
    E_ABZU wrote: »
    Once the last movie comes out and a few associated updates, this game will get nothing more.

Almost every AAA EA game that has come out since this title, has been a total failure. EA is dropping half the content with massive bugs, with next to no fixes. This game was the template for those games. If those games are failing and are not getting much support, so shall it be with this one.

Why didn't they just say in that article last month, "we want to end this game and move on to a new installment" instead of saying "we're staying put so we can grow the game with more non-film content once TROS and Rogue One are covered":

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2019-08-22-restoring-trust-in-star-wars-battlefront-ii

They could also have been silent on this and shut the production down next year unexpectedly but they gave us a heads-up that they're not finished with this game until they really feel like it's time to move on.

This is not like a TV show that has to be renewed each year by a network or a service and facing possible risk of cancellation, it's more like a project that will end by the creative heads themselves.

Also, if they even decide to release a new installment, there's no new film to market the game to release with until 2022 when the first film in the Benioff and Weiss trilogy comes out.

And more than that, Disney and Lucasfilm have to give approval even before DICE and EA can get some early design meetings happen.

This game is already a perfect marketing machine for Disney to raise more subscriptions for Disney+ since EA has to pay Disney for the license and all Star Wars content (including Disney+ Star Wars originals) easily have a chance to have representation in this game, eventually.
  • lowell
    1581 posts Member

This game ends this year with the last episode update, just like Battlefront 2015 with RO movie.

This says otherwise:

We're almost two years past launch and turned up to gamescom with one of our biggest announcements and capture events since launch, if not the biggest.

Once the last movie comes out and a few associated updates, this game will get nothing more.

Almost every AAA EA game that has come out since this title, has been a total failure. EA is dropping half the content with massive bugs, with next to no fixes. This game was the template for those games. If those games are failing and are not getting much support, so shall it be with this one.

Why didn't they just say in that article last month, "we want to end this game and move on to a new installment" instead of saying "we're staying put so we can grow the game with more non-film content once TROS and Rogue One are covered":

They could also have been silent on this and shut the production down next year unexpectedly but they gave us a heads-up that they're not finished with this game until they really feel like it's time to move on.

This is not like a TV show that has to be renewed each year by a network or a service and facing possible risk of cancellation, it's more like a project that will end by the creative heads themselves.

Also, if they even decide to release a new installment, there's no new film to market the game to release with until 2022 when the first film in the Benioff and Weiss trilogy comes out.

And more than that, Disney and Lucasfilm have to give approval even before DICE and EA can get some early design meetings happen.

This game is already a perfect marketing machine for Disney to raise more subscriptions for Disney+ since EA has to pay Disney for the license and all Star Wars content (including Disney+ Star Wars originals) easily have a chance to have representation in this game, eventually.

You added a F8rge post made in august talking about the future and today is the future and for the future i only can see a last episode update and a new videogame generation coming at 2020 holiday, this game ends on december and maybe some fixes and new content for OT on next year and that's all.

The future's he talking about will be after this year and they're probably locking down what will be announced in the CTs about next year's updates.

There's a lot more non-film content to bring to the game that would grow all 3 eras after TROS and Rogue One are covered and what film will a Battlefront III game release next to next year when the next Star Wars film arrives in 2022?

Since EA pays Disney for the license, this game is basically a free marketing machine for Disney to market Disney+ and the parks to us consumers by DICE bringing in tie-in content based on upcoming Star Wars TV shows and Galaxy's Edge.

This timeline is something DICE is aware of:

Star-Wars-Timeline-Graphic.jpg
  • lowell
    1581 posts Member

This says otherwise:

You added a F8rge post made in august talking about the future and today is the future and for the future i only can see a last episode update and a new videogame generation coming at 2020 holiday, this game ends on december and maybe some fixes and new content for OT on next year and that's all.

The future's he talking about will be after this year and they're probably locking down what will be announced in the CTs about next year's updates.

There's a lot more non-film content to bring to the game that would grow all 3 eras after TROS and Rogue One are covered and what film will a Battlefront III game release next to next year when the next Star Wars film arrives in 2022?

Since EA pays Disney for the license, this game is basically a free marketing machine for Disney to market Disney+ and the parks to us consumers by DICE bringing in tie-in content based on upcoming Star Wars TV shows and Galaxy's Edge.

That's only your opinion.

Ok, so you disregard the fact that Disney and Lucasfilm have to give approval to EA and DICE before even starting pre-development of Battlefront III?

They all have to be on board before the project starts any design talks and since EA so far is sticking to the live service model and is somewhat impressed for the player base of the game, if they weren't impressed, we would have gotten an announcement of this game ending and a new Battlefront coming already earlier this year possibly during Celebration Chicago or something.

Plus, Disney could've broken the license agreement with EA after this game's launch incident except they didn't because they decided to give EA and DICE a chance to turn this game around with Lucasfilm being giving oversight on the game's development.
  • lowell
    1581 posts Member
    edited October 13

This says otherwise:

Ok, so you disregard the fact that Disney and Lucasfilm have to give approval to EA and DICE before even starting pre-development of Battlefront III?

They all have to be on board before the project starts any design talks and since EA so far is sticking to the live service model and is somewhat impressed for the player base of the game, if they weren't impressed, we would have gotten an announcement of this game ending and a new Battlefront coming already earlier this year possibly during Celebration Chicago or something.

Plus, Disney could've broken the license agreement with EA after this game's launch incident except they didn't because they decided to give EA and DICE a chance to turn this game around with Lucasfilm being giving oversight on the game's development.

Listen this is just your opinion, you can't force me or anyone else to believe your argument, so no matter how you try to make me believe your words it won't work.

And i can say that you don't know a thing about this because you are taking this as if this was a movie but it is not, it's a videogame so let's talk about videogames and not movies.

I'm talking about the relationship between Disney, Lucasfilm, EA, and DICE, not the production of a Star Wars movie.

This is basically what happens behind IP licensing for consumer products.

The license agreement on the Disney side is basically handled between Lucasfilm, who works with EA and its studios like DICE, Respawn, Capital Games on their games and Disney Parks, Experiences, and Products division who hands out the licenses to companies like Hasbro, LEGO, or in this case, EA.
  • lowell
    1581 posts Member

This says otherwise:

Listen this is just your opinion, you can't force me or anyone else to believe your argument, so no matter how you try to make me believe your words it won't work.

And i can say that you don't know a thing about this because you are taking this as if this was a movie but it is not, it's a videogame so let's talk about videogames and not movies.

I'm talking about the relationship between Disney, Lucasfilm, EA, and DICE, not the production of a Star Wars movie.

The license agreement on the Disney side is basically handled between Lucasfilm, who works with EA and its studios like DICE, Respawn, Capital Games on their games and Disney Parks, Experiences, and Products division who hands out the licenses to companies like Hasbro, LEGO, or in this case, EA.

What you can't undestand is that there's a new videogame generation coming up on holiday 2020 and even EA need to move along and start to develop new games.

But where's the official announcement from EA and DICE because if that does happen, we should be getting some news eventually from them.
  • lowell
    1581 posts Member

This says otherwise:

What you can't undestand is that there's a new videogame generation coming up on holiday 2020 and even EA need to move along and start to develop new games.

But where's the official announcement from EA and DICE because if that does happen, we should be getting some news eventually from them.

There's no need for an official annoucement, eventually new games will be announced, this battlefront won't last forever.

Of course, it won't last forever, but your claim that a Battlefront III will happen soon regardless of what the devs have said in August has to be backed up by an official announcement that the game will end on a particular date or official acknowledgement that a new Battlefront is officially in production.
  • lowell wrote: »

This says otherwise:

There's no need for an official annoucement, eventually new games will be announced, this battlefront won't last forever.

Of course, it won't last forever, but your claim that a Battlefront III will happen soon regardless of what the devs have said in August has to be backed up by an official announcement that the game will end on a particular date or official acknowledgement that a new Battlefront is officially in production.

Agree. The devs are focusing on Battlefront II right now, and there's no plans for a Battlefront III right now.
  • Or, or... hear me out here. A Star Wars Battlefront II 2005 throwback season. 4 maps ported over from 2005. 2 from PT and 2 from OT
    ezkfs3399nkr.jpg

Rule 39: Never say no to Bacta

When you have been playing since launch Cool kid 8)

I want to make a squad of 4 Commandos and then scream "FORM UP DELTA SQUAD"

We need Delta Squad Commando skins.

This says otherwise:

giphy.gif
    Heroes are born on the battlefront... especially if you play the objective.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png

This says otherwise:

Agree. The devs are focusing on Battlefront II right now, and there's no plans for a Battlefront III right now.

THIS. The devs have said there are no plans for a Battlefront III right now.
    Heroes are born on the battlefront... especially if you play the objective.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png

This says otherwise:

THIS. The devs have said there are no plans for a Battlefront III right now.

Yeah. that's what i was saying.

The servers on that game are still alive, you can go back and play it right now. THere's no need to get rid of this one and force it on everyone.

Then cancel any support to Battlefront II and give life to the first one.

For the guys wanting a more shooter based game that would be the saving grace for the battlefront series, it’s a far better game imo, definitely the superior shooter. How many would go back if they added new Walker Assault/Supremacy/Turning Point maps along with new Cargo/DropZone/DroidRun maps, then expanded on Heroes and Villains in that game. Private matches, stats, and the gameplay mechanics are already there.

For the guys wanting a more shooter based game that would be the saving grace for the battlefront series, it’s a far better game imo, definitely the superior shooter. How many would go back if they added new Walker Assault/Supremacy/Turning Point maps along with new Cargo/DropZone/DroidRun maps, then expanded on Heroes and Villains in that game. Private matches, stats, and the gameplay mechanics are already there.
    PT/ST playerbase is completely alienated in Battlefront 2015, it's a far better business decision to support Battlefront 2 over Battlefront 2015.

PT/ST playerbase is completely alienated in Battlefront 2015, it's a far better business decision to support Battlefront 2 over Battlefront 2015.

That’s the point of adding new maps to that game, if they added new PT maps and maybe some more OT maps who knows. I know a ton of guys that would definitely return. Its nothing more than a fun thought though.

I got a feeling after the TROS update that could be the beginning of the end for bf2 as far as big content goes, especially with the ps5 coming next year. Everything leads to that point and the current roadmap ends shortly after. It’s been a good run either way.

That’s the point of adding new maps to that game, if they added new PT maps and maybe some more OT maps who knows. I know a ton of guys that would definitely return. Its nothing more than a fun thought though.

I got a feeling after the TROS update that could be the beginning of the end for bf2 as far as big content goes, especially with the ps5 coming next year. Everything leads to that point and the current roadmap ends shortly after. It’s been a good run either way.
    The core mechanics in that game are inferior even if they added new eras.
    I feel Battlefront 2 will be supported up until around 2021 or around that time, I don't see any reason for them to abandon ship even with the new gen consoles coming out.
  • Ppong_Man12
    2722 posts Member
    edited October 14

The core mechanics in that game are inferior even if they added new eras.
    I feel Battlefront 2 will be supported up until around 2021 or around that time, I don't see any reason for them to abandon ship even with the new gen consoles coming out.

The core mechanics of bf15 torch this game. This game is a weak shooter for a very casual style imo. It’s map dependent and hero dependent for most players, that’s most likely not by accident. The maps are designed a certain way to reward average gameplay, ttk and movement is horrid in this game and for any modern shooter, it’s clunky, slow and rough. Heroes play fairly well minus the bugs and nerfs and it’s clearly a hero game. That’s cool because bf2 it does certain things well, but a shooter isn’t one of them.

Maybe they could add these in future updates. And would love for more Blaster heroes too. Like Jyn.

Only a tiny update on battlefront 2015 and i'm back.

I don't think we would see an update for BF 2015. But we could see some of the content from the game make it to BF II in the future, to remember what BF 2015 brought us.