criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar

What would a Battlefront 2015 throwback season look like?

13Next

Replies

• Alex64 wrote: »
    Alex64 wrote: »
    Cancel Battlefront II and bring back the first one

The servers on that game are still alive, you can go back and play it right now. THere's no need to get rid of this one and force it on everyone.

Then cancel any support to Battlefront II and give life to the first one.

For the guys wanting a more shooter based game that would be the saving grace for the battlefront series, it’s a far better game imo, definitely the superior shooter. How many would go back if they added new Walker Assault/Supremacy/Turning Point maps along with new Cargo/DropZone/DroidRun maps, then expanded on Heroes and Villains in that game. Private matches, stats, and the gameplay mechanics are already there.
    PT/ST playerbase is completely alienated in Battlefront 2015, it's a far better business decision to support Battlefront 2 over Battlefront 2015.

That’s the point of adding new maps to that game, if they added new PT maps and maybe some more OT maps who knows. I know a ton of guys that would definitely return. Its nothing more than a fun thought though.

I got a feeling after the TROS update that could be the beginning of the end for bf2 as far as big content goes, especially with the ps5 coming next year. Everything leads to that point and the current roadmap ends shortly after. It’s been a good run either way.
    The core mechanics in that game are inferior even if they added new eras.
    I feel Battlefront 2 will be supported up until around 2021 or around that time, I don't see any reason for them to abandon ship even with the new gen consoles coming out.

The core mechanics of bf15 torch this game. This game is a weak shooter for a very casual style imo. It’s map dependent and hero dependent for most players, that’s most likely not by accident. The maps are designed a certain way to reward average gameplay, ttk and movement is horrid in this game and for any modern shooter, it’s clunky, slow and rough. Heroes play fairly well minus the bugs and nerfs and it’s clearly a hero game. That’s cool because bf2 it does certain things well, but a shooter isn’t one of them.

BF'15 was as basic as you could possibly get when it comes to shooter. Hence why it's just so easy compared to this one. Literally everyone had access to literally everything, something people hated about it compared to the original 2 games since it wasn't the class system and command post objective like before.

I hope your not implying this game is some how hard. Most players I’ve met are very map dependent and/or hero dependent.
    Most maps are made to help bad game play for weaker players in bf2 imo. The easy win spam points, unlimited wallhacks, hero spam, stun spam, slow gameplay, minimal skill needed to win design is just bad for a shooter.

Gunplay is barely needed to do well in this game and ttk is awful for most shooter standards. The class system sounds good on paper but is more of a gimmick in this game.

The last game is so basic you say, yet it had all the things most basic shooters have, full detailed stats, kd, private matches, map selection, a ton of weapons with a shooters ttk, better skins, a companion app, smooth fluid gameplay, small modes that were basically from other classic shooters, and a lot higher skill ceiling, meaning great players weren’t capped by in game mechanics. I think a lot of people that hated the last game did so because it was a shooter, it had more of a fast pace 3rd person cod feel.
  • Most likely a rogue one update
  • Batman20 wrote: »
    Most likely a rogue one update

Yeah. Because the community really wants Rogue One content. I want Rogue One content too.
  • Weapons and rogue one
  • JMaster
    2268 posts Member
    What would I like to return?
    Every. Single. Thing.
    Map, Mode, Weapon, Skin, and Hero. There was too much good stuff in the last game to be forgotten. Not to mention that when it's servers go down, some of those maps won't be playable again.
    "I felt there was a large amount of human chauvinism... also I felt very bad that at the end the Wookie didn't get a medal also... oh, all the people got medals but the Wookie who had been in there fighting all the time, didn't get any medal, and I thought that was an example of Anti-Wookie discrimination." - Carl Sagan on the subject of Star Wars
    He knew.
  • Biggest wish Death star assault with final trench run for SA !
    Battle of Endor, Bespin clouds.
    Carbonite chamber for HvsV.
    Jyn and Krennic/Tarkin ?

May The Force Be With You, Always.
  • I miss Walker Assault. Activating the uplinks and waiting for the Y-Wings to attack the Walkers. This game has those lame ion cannons that take forever to charge up and leave you a sitting duck to attack. I really miss those big maps too. WA's Bespin, Sullust, Twilight on Hoth and Survivors of Endor were especially good. Just talking about those maps makes me want to fire up BF2015 right now. The best part about it is that the uplinks are placed in good spots, not chokepoints where it funnels all the action. There's multiple routes to it, there's sight-lines too. This game has one path to the objective and if it doesn't, the other way is a death trap.

The hero modes were better too. Even BF2015's HvV was better. I also miss the honor guards for Leia and the Imperial guards for Palpatine. Hero hunt was good too. And the other small modes like Cargo and Drop Zone were stupid fun. And don't forget the weapons. We need the T-21's, EE-3 and EE-4, the original A280 and E-11 etc, the old Relby... the list goes on
  • I miss Walker Assault. Activating the uplinks and waiting for the Y-Wings to attack the Walkers. This game has those lame ion cannons that take forever to charge up and leave you a sitting duck to attack. I really miss those big maps too. WA's Bespin, Sullust, Twilight on Hoth and Survivors of Endor were especially good. Just talking about those maps makes me want to fire up BF2015 right now. The best part about it is that the uplinks are placed in good spots, not chokepoints where it funnels all the action. There's multiple routes to it, there's sight-lines too. This game has one path to the objective and if it doesn't, the other way is a death trap.

The hero modes were better too. Even BF2015's HvV was better. I also miss the honor guards for Leia and the Imperial guards for Palpatine. Hero hunt was good too. And the other small modes like Cargo and Drop Zone were stupid fun. And don't forget the weapons. We need the T-21's, EE-3 and EE-4, the original A280 and E-11 etc, the old Relby... the list goes on

Yeah. They should add the modes from BF 2015 to BF II.
  • Biggest wish Death star assault with final trench run for SA !
    Battle of Endor, Bespin clouds.
    Carbonite chamber for HvsV.
    Jyn and Krennic/Tarkin ?

May The Force Be With You, Always.

Yeah. A Battle of Endor map for Starfighter Assault would be awesome.
  • JMaster wrote: »
    What would I like to return?
    Every. Single. Thing.
    Map, Mode, Weapon, Skin, and Hero. There was too much good stuff in the last game to be forgotten. Not to mention that when it's servers go down, some of those maps won't be playable again.

I won't expect every thing from BF 2015, but i would like every weapon, skin, map, & hero from BF 2015 though.