criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Darth Maul Community Quests

Star Wars Battlefront 2015?

2Next

Replies

• JadeRaptor64
    1667 posts Member
    edited April 5
    mastery0ta wrote: »
    MWB33 wrote: »
    Could I get a match on Scariff? I do miss those sandy beaches

Almost got one last night...found a lobby around 9:30 central that had 8 players in it, waiting for more. Unfortunately after about 5 minutes of waiting people started leaving.

Going to try again this evening and over the weekend.

Edit - oh yeah, @mastery0ta - During one of the Extraction matches last night I managed to get first hero. Got to enjoy using the almighty Lord Pancake for the rest of the match and got a very lopsided W.

Many hues were had during that match!

Oh that's awesome dude. I miss playing the old Lord of the HUES himself. I'm hoping he survives episode 9. You on ps4 where you find those matches?

l41pc5iqe8tz.png
    Ah yes... The Lord of Hue... The King Pancake... The Orbital Strike Summoner... I miss that guy.
    Heroes are born on the battlefront... especially if you play the objective.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • mastery0ta
    6087 posts Member

Almost got one last night...found a lobby around 9:30 central that had 8 players in it, waiting for more. Unfortunately after about 5 minutes of waiting people started leaving.

Edit - oh yeah, @mastery0ta - During one of the Extraction matches last night I managed to get first hero. Got to enjoy using the almighty Lord Pancake for the rest of the match and got a very lopsided W.

Oh that's awesome dude. I miss playing the old Lord of the HUES himself. I'm hoping he survives episode 9. You on ps4 where you find those matches?

l41pc5iqe8tz.png
    Ah yes... The Lord of Hue... The King Pancake... The Orbital Strike Summoner... I miss that guy.

He was solid bro. That orbital strike and his beastly turret? People hogging Luke I would always go for Mr Nien. Intoxicating laugh, pure iconic trilogy saving gold! I'm glad he has appreciation on here. May the HUES be with us all
  • mastery0ta wrote: »
    If I have room ima install 15 tonight if i can

Installed the base game on ps4 tonight and it wasn't too big. I didn't bother with the dlc yet. Played a few rounds of Walker assault and by the third game I was used to the difference and it was fun. The random pickups were cool. Almost got a hero pick up, but not quite. Much more fun than getting the bps and waiting. Something about not just expecting the hero because I earned the bps. It was like playing a new game and the lobby filled immediately. I'll definitely give it another go.
  • d0kRX
    1407 posts Member
    I played lots of cargo today, even had the chance to Squad up with mwb33 for two games. For me cargo just doesn't get old. Not to mention I'm still trying out the different loadouts.
    PSN: d0kRX
  • mastery0ta
    6087 posts Member
    edited April 5

Installed the base game on ps4 tonight and it wasn't too big. I didn't bother with the dlc yet. Played a few rounds of Walker assault and by the third game I was used to the difference and it was fun. The random pickups were cool. Almost got a hero pick up, but not quite. Much more fun than getting the bps and waiting. Something about not just expecting the hero because I earned the bps. It was like playing a new game and the lobby filled immediately. I'll definitely give it another go.

So pretty healthy playerbase? Awesome Let me know how the DLCs look if you end up getting to em bud. Game on bro
  • mastery0ta wrote: »

So pretty healthy playerbase? Awesome Let me know how the DLCs look if you end up getting to em bud. Game on bro

I'll try to add them this weekend and let you know. I just remember bespin Walker assault was great and I wish it was part of the regular map rotation when it was released.
  • mastery0ta
    6087 posts Member

I'll try to add them this weekend and let you know. I just remember bespin Walker assault was great and I wish it was part of the regular map rotation when it was released.

Bespin WA was one of my favorite maps, they should have just ported all the maps to this game. Sigh. Good looking out man thanks for the ideas I'm gonna install later and try
  • MWB33
    1381 posts Member

If Lord of the Hues doesn't survive then we riot!

Yeah, PS4 - usually East coast server, but will have to check next time I'm on.
    Yes, play! Yes, a gamer's strength flows from adjustment. But beware of the nerf side...not adapting your tactics, stubbornness, wanting the game catered to you; the nerf side of gaming are they. Easily they flow, quick to join you in a death & respawn. If once you start down the nerf path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did many an apprentice.
  • mastery0ta
    6087 posts Member

If Lord of the Hues doesn't survive then we riot!

Yeah, PS4 - usually East coast server, but will have to check next time I'm on.

Oh he'd better survive. And lando too. New profile pic incoming soon!
  • MWB33
    1381 posts Member

PS4 player base seems quite solid. Can always find multiple Cargo lobbies. Word is that WA & Supremacy are still going strong as well. Last two nights Outer Rim & Bespin have also had at least one full lobby.
    Yes, play! Yes, a gamer's strength flows from adjustment. But beware of the nerf side...not adapting your tactics, stubbornness, wanting the game catered to you; the nerf side of gaming are they. Easily they flow, quick to join you in a death & respawn. If once you start down the nerf path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did many an apprentice.
  • mastery0ta
    6087 posts Member

PS4 player base seems quite solid. Can always find multiple Cargo lobbies. Word is that WA & Supremacy are still going strong as well. Last two nights Outer Rim & Bespin have also had at least one full lobby.

That's great to hear dude. I just thought the game would be completely empty especially on the DLC maps. They need to make them all free me thinks
  • MWB33
    1381 posts Member

That's great to hear dude. I just thought the game would be completely empty especially on the DLC maps. They need to make them all free me thinks

I knew a bunch of people were keeping cargo alive and well, but finding full and consistent lobbies on two of the DLCs last night and tonight? A surprise to be sure...but a welcome one.

I'm hoping this weekend might result in a bit of Death Star and Scarif successfully filling up.
  • I miss hero hunt so much
  • I miss my red pauldron Stormtrooper, Jyn/Krennic, the trenchrun, my CA-87, Lord of the Hues and Almighty Dengar. Once I finish these points milestones, I think I might take a stab at finding games on 2015 for awhile.
    Don't click unless you want to know the truth....
  • Rookz
    5 posts Member
    Ya a better way to search for servers would be nice. I always liked the pick ups in game as well. Also agree that the DLC maps shouldve been added to regular rotation. =/
  • I miss good ole Walker Assault...
    kui7ctmgyzll.png

Played a few rounds again tonight. Still getting smoked since I'm still getting used to it, but had fun. Played CS for a round too...boring. Its amazing how they couldnt or wouldn't incorporate the good parts into bf2. I'm convinced it's either all ego or "let's try something else ". The sad part is I'm not sure they even realize how badly they have failed. They blame the launch and lack of resources, but other than extraction they have delivered junk.
    Same here. Can still get some good matches today. Would like my skins back as well. Rebel pilot, Shock Troopers. Shadow Troopers. DS Troopers.
    #StarWars-y
  • tankertoad
    5956 posts Member
    I like 2015 better than 2017 but there's a lot of nostalgia white washing a lot of things people are upset about. When nien nub was announced this place melted down. and there were tons of bugs. In fact that's how I ended up here early on as I probably reported 20 different bugs that were never looked at. We also thought the 2015 was the warm up for the big bad battlefront 2.

People complained endlessly and mercilessly about not having a story mode. Which resulted in getting a completely worthless, horrible story mode.

Landos power shot glitch lasted forever. It was insane

The Mario power-up tokens clearly alast minute install as they rushed towards getting out for the movie. Token camping non-stop just like menu camping.

Community events that we never knew what the result was. For leia skin luke skin...score over a million points a, or whatever, and nobody even knew what happened and then they drop the skins later.

Literally no acknowledgement of major game breaking bugs.

and there was a massive amount of people that hated the jump packs and hated helmetless troopers. My immersion! But honestly it's a video game based on a fantasy world. Jump packs are fun.

And the netcode is terrible. Getting shot through Walls by ghosts all the time
    maddening

But,

I have the most time on that game of any console games since 1979. Walker assault had a very large feel. Air-to-ground was much better. Outer rim DLC was legit extraction was awesome.

Hutt contracts influence gameplay negatively at times but we did get weapons.

It felt more Star wars it felt bigger.
    41st.org Founder "Where the Game is Winnable."

are-you-threatening-me-gif.gif
  • I tried once. I didn't get a single match anywhere. Where I am, the game is dead. Not to mention, despite its many problems, I just like BF II more than BF. And, I don't care what you people say, this game is better than Battlefront 2015. It has more content in every way, the mechanics are superior in more ways than they're inferior, and you can play across all eras.

But...you said you "didn't get a single match anywhere". Then you claim how BF2 has "superior mechanics" and you don't care what people say.

Well I dont know why anyone should care what you have to say considering you never played the game. You're all completely detached and comparing surface details... who really cares?
  • I tried once. I didn't get a single match anywhere. Where I am, the game is dead. Not to mention, despite its many problems, I just like BF II more than BF. And, I don't care what you people say, this game is better than Battlefront 2015. It has more content in every way, the mechanics are superior in more ways than they're inferior, and you can play across all eras.

But...you said you "didn't get a single match anywhere". Then you claim how BF2 has "superior mechanics" and you don't care what people say.

Well I dont know why anyone should care what you have to say considering you never played the game. You're all completely detached and comparing surface details... who really cares?

The fact that I’m reminiscing about Battlefront 2015 would seem to contradict your statement. I played Battlefront 2015 until Battlefront II came out then I switched over. I’ve gone back to BF 2015 a bit, but I just can’t seem to get any matches so I usually don’t bother anymore. I do miss that game though...
    kui7ctmgyzll.png