criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission
No Match for a Good Blaster

Ahsoka and Ventress Hero/Villain pair concept

ZephanUnbound
3012 posts Member
edited July 21
In light of the recent leak from reliable Battlefront 2 leaker Some_Info, saying that Ahsoka and Ventress are in development, I decided to finish this old Ahsoka/Ventress concept I was once working on and post it here:

Ahsoka

Summary: Ahsoka was considered to be one of the most skilled Padawans in her age group at the Temple, with a particular strength for lightsaber combat. Ahsoka combined the ancient variant of Form 5, Shien, which utilized a reverse grip on the lightsaber and was particularly good at blaster deflection, with Jar'kai, the usage of 2 lightsabers, though Ahsoka chose to wield a short shoto lightsaber for her second lightsaber instead of a full size lightsaber. Ahsoka utilized her lithe body to focus on acrobatics and speed when fighting over raw power, and was strong enough to defeat some of Vader's personally trained Inquisitors and last for several minutes against Vader himself. Though known for being stronger in lightsaber combat than with force powers, she was shown to be strong enough in the force to topple a large rock wall with telekinesis and used the force to shatter an Inquisitors lightsaber hilt with a mere touch.

Health: 650
Health Regen: 200
Health Regen Speed- 70 per second
Health Regen Delay: 3.5 seconds
Movement Speed: 8.5 meters per second
Jump Height: 10 meters maximum
Dodges: 3
Dodge Distance: 5.5 meters

Weapons: Green lightsaber + green-yellow shoto lightsaber
(Note- Unlike Grievous, Ahsoka swings her 2 lightsaber independently, resulting in the fastest saber attack speed in the game, but this is balanced by having the lowest damage per strike of any saber user)
  • Damage: 120 frontal, 140 rear
  • Attack Speed: 2.4 attacks per second
  • Stamina Ground Attacking- 12 strikes
  • Stamina Air Attacking- 8 strikes
  • Stamina Defending Against Sabers- 10 blocked strikes
  • Stamina Defending Against Blasters- 31 blocked shots
  • Stamina Regen Delay: 1 second
  • Stamina Regen Speed: 1/3rd per second
  • Blaster Deflect Angle Modifier- 0.3

Abilities

Left Ability- Block Throw
-Ahsoka throws her green full size saber in a horizontal arc while defending with her short yellow-green shoto guard lightsaber against frontal atacks. Deals 150 damage, travels 18 meters, can go through multiple targets, and takes roughly 1.5 seconds for the lightsaber to complete it's throwing animation cycle and return to Ahsoka's hand. Stamina isn't drained by blocking during this animation and blaster bolts will still be reflected at attackers. Cooldown- 16 seconds.

Middle Ability- Agile Opponent
-Ahsoka gains a 15% boost in movement speed and attack speed, and stamina drain while attacking is reduced by 30% for 10 seconds. Cooldown 18 seconds.

Right Ability- Acrobatic Strikes
-Ahsoka leaps up about 3 meters and forward about 5 meters, doing a summersault in air, and slashes downwards 2 times with her sabers during the animation. Each saber strike does 100 damage to any enemies beneath her jumping arc when she uses the ability. The first strike can be blocked by a saber user, but the 2nd strike can't be blocked. Cooldown- 18 seconds

Starcards
  • Ahsoka can regen 25/50/75/100 extra health
  • Ahsoka regains 20 health from trooper kills and 40/60/80/100 health from villain kills.
  • Ahsoka's stamina drain while blocking blaster bolts is reduced by 5/10/15/20% and she can redirect blaster bolts more accurately
  • Ahsoka's saber attacks deal 5/10/15/20 more damage
  • Ahsoka's Block Throw does 10/20/30/40 bonus damage
  • Ahsoka's Agile Opponent lasts 3/4/5/6 seconds longer.
  • Ahsoka's Agile Opponent gives a 20% boost in movement speed and attack speed and reduces stamina drain while attacking by 35/40/45/50%
  • Ahsoka's Acrobatic Strikes does 15/20/25/30 more damage per strike
  • Ahsoka's Acrobatic Strikes has a 1/2/3/4 second shorter cooldown

Skins
ahsoka_660jpg

Season 7- 40,000 credits
8ba7af99325b8c5486054048bd51a4c2jpg

Fulcrum- 80,000 credits
ahsoka_rebels_2_by_ahsokatano_skywalker-d8kcvw3png

Ventress

Summary: Ventress was a Sith Assassin trained by Count Dooku. She combined Form 2 Makashi with Jar'Kai, dual lightsaber combat. Very skilled, she was known to fight multiple Jedi at once and survive, including Obi-Wan and Anakin at the same time. Trained to use stealth and Fear to her advantage. While Ventress was primarily a lightsaber fighter, her force capability was nothing to scoff, she once force choked Anakin and Obi-Wan at the same time and force chocked 4 enemies in a 360 degree circle around her at once.

Health: 650
Health Regen: 250
Health Regen Speed: 70 per second
Health Regen Delay: 3.5 seconds
Movement speed: 8 meters a second
Jump Height: 10 meters maximum
Dodges: 3
Dodge distance: 5.5 meters

Weapons: 2 curved hilt red lightsabers
  • Damage: 130 frontal, 160 rear
  • Attack Speed: 2.4 attacks per second
  • Stamina Ground Attacking- 14 strikes
  • Stamina Air Attacking- 5 strikes
  • Stamina Defending Against Sabers- 10 blocked strikes
  • Stamina Defending Against Blasters- 18
  • Stamina Regen Delay: 1.5 seconds
  • Blaster deflect angle modifier- 0.45

Weapon: Double-bladed lightsaber
  • Damage: 110 frontal, 150 rear
  • Attack Speed: 2 attacks per second
  • Stamina Ground Attacking- 10 strikes
  • Stamina Air Attacking- 4 strikes
  • Stamina Defending Against Sabers- 14 blocked strikes
  • Stamina Defending Against Blasters- 25
  • Stamina Regen Delay: 1.5 seconds
  • Blaster deflect angle modifier- 0.45

Abilities

Left Ability- Choke Pull
-Ventress chokes the nearest enemy in a 15 meter, 60 degree angle arc for 0.8 seconds, dealing 80 damage, then quickly pulls them in for a lightsaber attack that deals another 80 damage. Cooldown is 18 seconds.

giphygif

Middle Ability- Sith Assassin
-Ventress becomes invisible on enemy motion sensors, sees silhouettes of enemies through walls and sees their red dots on the motion sensor within a 20 meter range around her, automatically deactivates her lightsaber when not attacking (since it makes noise), doesn't initiate combat encounter banter, makes 60% less footstep noise, and deals 20 bonus frontal and 40 bonus rear saber damage. The stealth and hunting effects last until she attacks, while the damage bonuses last for 3 seconds after her first attack. Cooldown 20 seconds

Right Ability- Interlocking Lightsabers
Ventress' dual sabers are designed to be attached to one another, allowing her to switch between dual lightsabers and a double bladed lightsaber with ease. She is more offensively oriented in dual saber form and more defensively oriented in double bladed form. 0.7 second activation time, where she can't attack or block. No cooldown.

giphygif

Star Cards
  • Ventress can regen 25/50/75/100 more health
  • Ventress regains 20 health from trooper kills and 40/60/80/100 health from hero kills
  • Ventress uses 15/20/25/30% less stamina while attacking in dual saber form and uses 20% less stamina while blocking in double-blade form.
  • Ventress deals 10 more saber damage in dual saber form and 5/10/15/20 more damage in double bladed saber form.
  • Ventress' Choke Pull deals 25/30/35/40 bonus choke damage
  • Ventress' Choke Pull has a 10/20/30/40% greater range
  • Ventress' Sith Assassin damage bonuses last for 1/2/3/4 seconds longer after attacking
  • Ventress' Sith Assassin detection radius is increased by 8 meters and her footsteps become 65/70/75/80% quieter.
  • Ventress' cooldowns are reduced by 5/10/15/20%.

Skins
Asajj_Ventress_FFApng

Bounty Hunter- 40,000 credits
Asajjventress_bounty_clothespng

Dark Disciple outfit- 80,000
latestcb20150724125609
Post edited by ZephanUnbound on

Replies

• ElfiGreen4
    301 posts Member
    edited April 4
    I think ahsoka and ventress are a bad pair they only fought twice whereas luminara fought her more than times once with aayla the other with ahsoka
  • KresusFIN wrote: »
    Personal thoughts about these characters aside, it's not like Lightsaber heroes are already overrepresented to a grotesque extent or anything...

-_-

Fair enough, and I want to see more blaster characters in the future as well, but I understand why DICE seems to favor making saber characters. If their internal metrics are telling them the same thing that my anecdotal experiences tell me, than the vast majority of people play saber characters, at least in HvV. I get an HvV match with 8 saber characters about 30% of the time, and I see less than 15% of matches with more than 2 blaster characters being played personally. Why bother making more blaster characters if nobody is going to play them? That is what DICE is likely thinking.
  • Maliainu
    1107 posts Member
    ***Mod Warning
    I will post a warning straight off the bat... Any Ahsoka trolling will result in sanctions being placed on your account. Lets act civilised and constructive...

Thank you! This is much appreciated and I have been waiting for someone to finally say something.

Anyway, I like your ideas for both characters and I am soooo excited for this update! I have been making so many theories about them with my friends who play this game, and oh man. It’s going to be great to finally play them in a mainstream Star Wars game!

They’ve done well by listening to all the Star Wars fans by putting them in BF2. You have no idea how long a lot of people have been waiting for this... and it’s been confirmed!

Seriously guys. Thank you!!
  • KresusFIN
    2725 posts Member
    KresusFIN wrote: »
    Personal thoughts about these characters aside, it's not like Lightsaber heroes are already overrepresented to a grotesque extent or anything...

-_-

Fair enough, and I want to see more blaster characters in the future as well, but I understand why DICE seems to favor making saber characters. If their internal metrics are telling them the same thing that my anecdotal experiences tell me, than the vast majority of people play saber characters, at least in HvV. I get an HvV match with 8 saber characters about 30% of the time, and I see less than 15% of matches with more than 2 blaster characters being played personally. Why bother making more blaster characters if nobody is going to play them? That is what DICE is likely thinking.

Yep. I've had the "everyone picks sabers", but it never ceases to baffle me.

"Okay people, so literally all you do here is have your team's sabers keep them busy, and the blasters pick them off one by on- Oh.. Nobody picked a blaster..? Okay..."

Big Deal will affect sabers too just fine, but it's probably one of the most frustrating things ever. Doubly so when they lied about there no longer being saberstagger.

(There is. If 2+ of the opposing team start swinging, you're staying there for atleast 1-2 more swings.)
    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima

The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

y6qvidach2x9.png

"I have never died to a Finn"

-_-

Yep. I've had the "everyone picks sabers", but it never ceases to baffle me.

"Okay people, so literally all you do here is have your team's sabers keep them busy, and the blasters pick them off one by on- Oh.. Nobody picked a blaster..? Okay..."

Big Deal will affect sabers too just fine, but it's probably one of the most frustrating things ever. Doubly so when they lied about there no longer being saberstagger.

(There is. If 2+ of the opposing team start swinging, you're staying there for atleast 1-2 more swings.)

Yeah, blaster heroes are pretty underrated, barely anybody plays them in HvV even though some of them like Boskk, Han, and Iden are very good.

Yeah, they definitely need to fix saber stuns properly, it gets really annoying sometimes.
  • awakespace wrote: »
    Hi. Good work on the design. I just made a design concept too. I went a bit of a different direction . I definitely am absolutely onboard with the skins (I would like Ahsoka the White if possible too). Mine is below:

Some nice stuff in there, which I prefer over certain aspects of my own build. Hopefully DICE does a good job when building them and they don't just add a bunch of generic copies of other lightsaber characters abilities like they with 2 of Anakin's abilities.
  • Was expecting an ability where she combines her sabers

d126l9ygy7y2.jpg
    joub49wq9qys.jpg
  • Terranova4 wrote: »
    Was expecting an ability where she combines her sabers

d126l9ygy7y2.jpg
    joub49wq9qys.jpg

I almost did that for the 3rd, right button skill when making it instead of the 360 degree choke, but I wasn't sure what to do with it to make it a meaningful upgrade over using 2 lightsabers separately. I toyed with the idea of the saber staff being more defensive with the 2 sabers being more offensive, but I wasn't sure how people would feel about it.
  • Terranova4 wrote: »
    Was expecting an ability where she combines her sabers

d126l9ygy7y2.jpg
    joub49wq9qys.jpg

I almost did that for the 3rd, right button skill when making it instead of the 360 degree choke, but I wasn't sure what to do with it to make it a meaningful upgrade over using 2 lightsabers separately. I toyed with the idea of the saber staff being more defensive with the 2 sabers being more offensive, but I wasn't sure how people would feel about it.

It could work as her 4th Ability
  • I think you made them OP. Maybe more OP than Anakin Skywalker. Though I think that ventress' default appearance should be her appearance from the 1st season and her middle ability should called nightsister instead of sith assassin
  • AbyssWatch3r
    4974 posts Member
    edited April 14
    Tomer wrote: »
    I think you made them OP. Maybe more OP than Anakin Skywalker. Though I think that ventress' default appearance should be her appearance from the 1st season and her middle ability should called nightsister instead of sith assassin

Lmao, not even close. If anything these builds are too watered down and weak for GA, 600 HP in particular on a melee hero is already a non starter. Any starcard that effects stamina from now on should focus on either attack or defense and include lightsaber strikes instead of just blaster fire, nobodys running that card otherwise.

I notice the cat like stability aspect is a trend ripped from a concept I saw from a maul build earlier as well, thankfully the devs elected to do the right thing and take him off the respirator with a viable block instead, after months of lobbying.

By no means a comprehensive critique, but just my initial take. More or less every Hero should be on Anakins level with their own niche. It doesn't have a pure 1 to 1 power/damage equivalency but every Heroes play style should reliable net the same results, given equal skill. Currently I dare say theres a tier system with all the heroes currently in GA, and it's horribly unbalanced. Theres a lot to consider with the old cast, let alone Ashoka and Ventress.
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif

-_-

There are exactly as many blaster heroes
    Top favorite heroes and villains missing:
    Ahsoka, Rex, Padme, Cody, Mace
    Bane, Thrawn, Ventress, Jango, Savage
    0np8u7zs8tne.gif
  • greedo1980 wrote: »
    I know the hardcore clone wars fans are throbbing at these leaks, but honestly I think the game needs a couple more blaster heroes for a change.

Jango Fett and Padme please.

They aren’t mutually exclusive and if we get them all, they can come in any order
    0np8u7zs8tne.gif
  • Tomer wrote: »
    I think you made them OP. Maybe more OP than Anakin Skywalker. Though I think that ventress' default appearance should be her appearance from the 1st season and her middle ability should called nightsister instead of sith assassin

I'm not sure where you're getting the OP thing from. Their stats are more in line with the other lightsaber users in the game currently.

As for why I didn't use Ventress' Sith Assassin outfit as her default, there are two reasons for that. 1. DICE seems to be against adding outfits that could be seen as sexual, and Ventress' Sith assassin outfit shows a considerable amount of cleavage. 2. There is a Dooku voice line in the game where Dooku says Ventress and Savage have already failed him as apprentices, which means that Ventress has already turned on Dooku at that point, so I felt like adding outfits that she wore after betraying Dooku would make more sense.

-_-

Well, technically there is one less blaster character.

5 blaster Heroes (Lando, Han, Leia, Chewie, Finn)
    5 saber Heroes (Luke, Obi-Wan, Anakin, Yoda, Rey)
    4 blaster villains (Boskk, Boba, Phasma, Iden)
    5 saber villains (Vader, Maul, Kylo, Grievous, Dooku)
    1 villain who falls into neither category (Palpatine)

But yeah, that whole argument that there are too many sabers is complete and total bunk, they are virtually even currently.

-_-

But yeah, that whole argument that there are too many sabers is complete and total bunk, they are virtually even currently.

I can see what you mean there, but one could then factor in BF2015, which takes blaster heroes ahead
    0np8u7zs8tne.gif
  • Ahsoka and Ventress need to be some of the two or the fastest two heroes in the game. Especially Ahsoka. She is like a cat, I agree. Ever since watching the CW one notices her quickness and cat-like reflexes and acrobatics. Heroes need to be and look and feel special, unique. I don't understand why they don't give unique animations to characters in terms of things like their dash or their jump (flips?). We got unique animations/abilities for two new reinforcements, so we should get them for heroes. So for instance Ahsoka's dash, I think should be some type of acrobatic move, maybe a side flip or 360 degree spin, front/back flip or handspring/walkover. Ventress moves with 'grace' when she fights and always has a certain stature, like Dooku who she learned from. She doesn't move with the same style as other saber heroes. The way they animated Dooku with his unique stance and the way he holds his saber when running is something they should carry over in terms of ideas to her. That would make them stand out more than giving them different force abilities.

-_-

Try telling that to certain forum goers...
    Heroes are born on the battlefront... especially if you play the objective.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • Alright, I have made some changes to my build based on feedback. Ahsoka and Ventress were made a bit squishier, though there damage and dodging abilities were buffed to compensate

Ahsoka

Health: 700 -> 650
    Damage: 100 -> 110
    Dodges: 2 -> 3

Ventress
    Health: 700 -> 650
    Dodges: 2 -> 3

I replaced her Furious Choke ability with an ability that lets her change between 2 sabers and a double-bladed lightsaber at will. 2 sabers is offensively focused, double-blade is defensively focused. Replaced her 2 Furious choke star cards as well.
  • N_AM10
    55 posts Member
    I love your hero/villain concepts. Can you do one for Rex and another blaster villain from the Clone Wars?
  • KresusFIN
    2725 posts Member

-_-

See that number doubled and I'll be satisfied. We're still playing Battlefront, not Jedi Power Battles here.

2015 had the idea spot on. Only one saber active per side, at any given time. Shame they didn't bring that back here. Although granted, I suppose the OT-exclusive limitation in the game pretty much forced that to be the case.

It'd work just as well here either way. Hero modes can be the exception to the rule.
    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima

The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

y6qvidach2x9.png

"I have never died to a Finn"
  • lowell
    1303 posts Member

-_-

See that number doubled and I'll be satisfied. We're still playing Battlefront, not Jedi Power Battles here.

2015 had the idea spot on. Only one saber active per side, at any given time. Shame they didn't bring that back here. Although granted, I suppose the OT-exclusive limitation in the game pretty much forced that to be the case.

It'd work just as well here either way. Hero modes can be the exception to the rule.

People wanted Obi-Wan for Battlefront 2015 but somehow the dev team said he would be too similar to Luke and I'm just guessing maybe they don't like having an odd number of heroes, which explains the grouping of heroes for this game, one light & one dark.
  • greedo1980 wrote: »
    I know the hardcore clone wars fans are throbbing at these leaks, but honestly I think the game needs a couple more blaster heroes for a change.

Jango Fett and Padme please.

7c3b0dpmheko.jpg

Timely reminder that these characters haven't even been officially confirmed as of yet.

-_-

I can see what you mean there, but one could then factor in BF2015, which takes blaster heroes ahead

I don’t get this reasoning. The two games are similar in the fact they have Star Wars and star cards, otherwise they are pretty much completely different, and should not be used or justify not adding blaster heroes. We’re talking about this game.
    You guys are gonna make me rich......
    Xbox G-tag
    XJO461
    That Specialist rework was disappointing.
    nceaq2h23fqj.png