criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar

Ahsoka and Ventress Hero/Villain pair concept

2Next

Replies

• Lyc4n wrote: »
    lowell wrote: »
    Well reasoned. I know you are beyond the animated series and into the book knowledge; as much as I like Ahsoka, I still prefer to see actual movie characters as heroes in the game. I don't know the insights into making Jedi: Fallen Order, but I think it would have been much better to make the game with Ahsoka as the primary character, especially since the character's story seems to be a minor echo of Ahsoka's. All the animated series plots would tie much better into this, while the movies directly into BF2. I know where you're coming from, but just stating my opinion as they are being solicited.

Well, looking into the future, Lucasfilm is planning for characters to move freely between mediums so they can be used anywhere anytime for any storytelling purposes:

Ahsoka's possibly showing up into live-action eventually and it doesn't really matter whether it's going to be film or TV under the canon

Considering some of the canceled Anthology films are being turned into shows, the differences between film and TV (and possibly live-action and animation) will be probably disregarded as important when the entire Star Wars library will be accessible to stream on Disney+.

Bo-Katan is rumored to also to make her live-action debut in the Mandalorian eventually as Katee Sackhoff was just recently asked about this

A friend of mine, and I know he's the not the only one, thinks Ahsoka and Ezra will somehow be in ROS. It looks to me the whole portal thing certainly has a part in the story.

I doubt this purely because many people dont watch the series and alot of the mainstream audience would get lost in the story if this was the case.

Not necessarily, and i read that the rebels show had a lot of watchers, but anyhow that's not the point, ezra will probably appear since we have no knowledge of his death, and he was about the same age as luke at the time, though i feel like the mortis gateway won't appear in TROS, but i feel like ezra will.
  • Since this thread is seeing alot of attention again, I decided to update the concepts a bit. I replaced the HoK cards with new cards that follow the theme of the other new hero/villain cards that we got when HoK cards were removed, and tweaked a few values for better balance with the current state of the game.
  • lowell
    1652 posts Member
    Lyc4n wrote: »
    Well reasoned. I know you are beyond the animated series and into the book knowledge; as much as I like Ahsoka, I still prefer to see actual movie characters as heroes in the game. I don't know the insights into making Jedi: Fallen Order, but I think it would have been much better to make the game with Ahsoka as the primary character, especially since the character's story seems to be a minor echo of Ahsoka's. All the animated series plots would tie much better into this, while the movies directly into BF2. I know where you're coming from, but just stating my opinion as they are being solicited.

Well, looking into the future, Lucasfilm is planning for characters to move freely between mediums so they can be used anywhere anytime for any storytelling purposes:

Ahsoka's possibly showing up into live-action eventually and it doesn't really matter whether it's going to be film or TV under the canon

Considering some of the canceled Anthology films are being turned into shows, the differences between film and TV (and possibly live-action and animation) will be probably disregarded as important when the entire Star Wars library will be accessible to stream on Disney+.

Bo-Katan is rumored to also to make her live-action debut in the Mandalorian eventually as Katee Sackhoff was just recently asked about this

A friend of mine, and I know he's the not the only one, thinks Ahsoka and Ezra will somehow be in ROS. It looks to me the whole portal thing certainly has a part in the story.

I doubt this purely because many people dont watch the series and alot of the mainstream audience would get lost in the story if this was the case.

Well, it's odd that they got Ian McDiarmid to come back for the last episodes instead of just using Sam Witwer who already voiced Sheev in the Siege of Lothal if every other saga character has been voiced by other voice actors and not the film actors.

But as it turns out Ian is coming back to play Sheev in TROS and just redubbed Sam's lines in Siege of Lothal:

KsWjHDI.png

And people started developing some theories based on the D23 poster:

• I think we're good on heroes. More maps, blasters and skins.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • I would rather have Windu and Lightsaber Palpatine, but good design!
  • lowell
    1652 posts Member
    edited October 6
    I think we're good on heroes. More maps, blasters and skins.

It's not like the hero designer designs maps, blasters, and trooper and reinforcement skins so we all can get what we want. It's not like one category limits another. Each dev specializes in one department and I don't think there are devs that can do more than one category if you're trying to allude to that.

• lowell
    1652 posts Member
    edited October 6
    I would rather have Windu and Lightsaber Palpatine, but good design!

I think since Mace won't show up a lot in TCW Season 7 (only in Bad Batch with finished animation), they could be saving him when they get Ryloth ground maps ready.

Sheev could get a skin for his TROS appearance so that's something but it's rumored he won't use a lightsaber in the film because he's got lightning.

Ahsoka and Ventress could be saved for TCW Season 7 since the remaining 2 arcs are Ahsoka's final stories leading up and taking place post-Order 66 and Ventress's her match on the Dark Side.

• Lyc4n
    1464 posts Member
    Grievous15 wrote: »

Not necessarily, and i read that the rebels show had a lot of watchers, but anyhow that's not the point, ezra will probably appear since we have no knowledge of his death, and he was about the same age as luke at the time, though i feel like the mortis gateway won't appear in TROS, but i feel like ezra will.

Well i hope your right. Series characters should have some live action interpretations to be honest. I just doubt that they will do it in this movie. They will leave the whole ezra sabine and ahsoka thing for a series ide imagine. Pray for it to be live action series if the mandalorian goes well
  • lowell
    1652 posts Member
    edited October 6
    Grievous15 wrote: »

Well i hope your right. Series characters should have some live action interpretations to be honest. I just doubt that they will do it in this movie. They will leave the whole ezra sabine and ahsoka thing for a series ide imagine. Pray for it to be live action series if the mandalorian goes well

Based on what's in the Resistance Reborn novel, I could see Zay, Shriv, Black Squadron, and Wedge Antilles (Denis Lawson confirmed he's coming back) and for the Galaxy's Edge: Black Spire novel's relation to TROS, possibly Batuu showing up, and since Resistance Season 2 is the end of the show, seeing characters from it in the movie:

Spanish cover of the novel (with Wedge featured):

sfrg7vh80jq31.jpg

• lowell wrote: »

It's not like the hero designer designs maps, blasters, and trooper and reinforcement skins so we all can get what we want. It's not like one category limits another. Each dev specializes in one department and I don't think there are devs that can do more than one category if you're trying to allude to that.

Wrong. What was the weapons designer doing when people threw a fit over the Clone skins? Working on Clone skins, no weapons. The team is small enough at this point that they all overlap. In an ideal world, one wouldn’t affect the other.
  • lowell
    1652 posts Member
    edited October 6

Wrong. What was the weapons designer doing when people threw a fit over the Clone skins? Working on Clone skins, no weapons. The team is small enough at this point that they all overlap. In an ideal world, one wouldn’t affect the other.

Wait, then what does the hero designer work on besides heroes and hero skins, if you have insider knowledge or are an DICE employee?
  • Ashoka tano with ventress and Coruscant map
    I Think palpatine give him a lightsaber its terrible battle vs luke or anakin hi cant doges :(
  • Darth_Vapor3
    4245 posts Member
    edited October 6

Right. It’s why they use language that speaks to them focusing on this or that. It’s apparent to anyone with eyes that they are unable to create new heroes, reinforcements, bug fixes, balancing tweaks, etc. and make new weapons at the same time.
  • lowell
    1652 posts Member
    edited October 6

Right. It’s why they use language that speaks to them focusing on this or that. It’s apparent to anyone with eyes that they are unable to create new heroes, reinforcements, bug fixes, balancing tweaks, etc. and make new weapons at the same time.

Until DICE actually confirms that they have devs work on multiple categories, we can't just assume that is true, but that there are different devs that each specialize only on one different aspect of the game. This is mostly just speculation on our part until we get an actual number of how many devs work on the game or more intricate details from the team themselves.

Each category is worked on at the same time so there's no need for priorities of specific categories to come first, it should just be what's already perfectly finished should be released properly.

Wait, then what does the hero designer work on besides heroes and hero skins, if you have insider knowledge or are an DICE employee?

Exactly
  • The hype is back 😈😈😈

Until DICE actually confirms that they have devs work on multiple categories, we can't just assume that is true, but that there are different devs that each specialize only on one different aspect of the game. This is mostly just speculation on our part until we get an actual number of how many devs work on the game or more intricate details from the team themselves.

Each category is worked on at the same time so there's no need for priorities of specific categories to come first, it should just be what's already perfectly finished should be released properly.

We won’t be getting those numbers or details. And one thing is certain. No one has been working on new weapons.
  • lowell
    1652 posts Member

We won’t be getting those numbers or details. And one thing is certain. No one has been working on new weapons.

Well, I'm wondering with the recent hirings of new devs and Dennis's tweet, are the new devs specialized in weapon design or another category?

Remember, to move forward with anything major such as weapons overhaul, Lucasfilm and the Story Group provide oversight and have to give approval before DICE can actually implement those plans. And I'm guessing they gave Dennis the greenlight just before that tweet was made and that overhaul is going to take a couple of months to finish.
  • We need new weapons!
  • lowell
    1652 posts Member
    Vccgrom99 wrote: »
    We need new weapons!

Definitely, we need new additions from every category and it's a matter of time until we get them.
  • the big community will more information for new content all players of this gale will are new weapons

Well, I'm wondering with the recent hirings of new devs and Dennis's tweet, are the new devs specialized in weapon design or another category?

Remember, to move forward with anything major such as weapons overhaul, Lucasfilm and the Story Group provide oversight and have to give approval before DICE can actually implement those plans. And I'm guessing they gave Dennis the greenlight just before that tweet was made and that overhaul is going to take a couple of months to finish.

That tweet got past me. That’s good to hear indeed.
  • ZephanUnbound
    3078 posts Member
    edited October 6

The last new hero was in February. We've gotten multiple maps and skins since then. I do agree that we need new weapons, and of course new maps and skins will always be nice, but new heroes don't get in the way of any of that because DICE has a dedicated hero team lead by Guillaume Mroz. And while it's true that their weapon designer got moved away from weapons to work on other content after the game released, as far as we know the hero team has remained intact since the game released. I know that I've never seen Guillaume tweet about working on non hero content, but he does tweet about upcoming hero changes in patches.

Also worth noting that new heroes were one of the top 3 requested forms of new content in that survey DICE did a few months ago, alongside large scale maps and reinforcements as I recall. DICE has also said that heroes vs villains is one of the 3 most popular modes alongside CS and GA.
  • I would rather have Windu and Lightsaber Palpatine, but good design!

Alot of people want them, but sadly DICE has specifically shot both of them down on multiple occasions. They've never shot down Ahsoka/Ventress though, and in fact have even teased them a bit.

They’re naive. They still think there are 150 developers on this game. Had they been able to release reinforcements, heroes, maps, blasters and skins in each and every update, I’m sure they would have. They simply can’t. No, @lowell, I’m not a developer, but I’m also not blind and ignorant.
  • Lyc4n
    1464 posts Member

The last new hero was in February. We've gotten multiple maps and skins since then. I do agree that we need new weapons, and of course new maps and skins will always be nice, but new heroes don't get in the way of any of that because DICE has a dedicated hero team lead by Guillaume Mroz. And while it's true that their weapon designer got moved away from weapons to work on other content after the game released, as far as we know the hero team has remained intact since the game released. I know that I've never seen Guillaume tweet about working on non hero content, but he does tweet about upcoming hero changes in patches.

Also worth noting that new heroes were one of the top 3 requested forms of new content in that survey DICE did a few months ago, alongside large scale maps and reinforcements as I recall. DICE has also said that heroes vs villains is one of the 3 most popular modes alongside CS and GA.

Do they have a dedicated infantey team and a dedicated reinforcement team. It would be quite disapointment but would make sense if they only had a dedicated hero team and the rest of the team worked on a bit of everything... heroes seam to keep getting attention month after month. I know reinforcements lately have had a lot of attention and still are which is good but im just wondering because weve had hero attention since the begining and we still keep getting more things. Even if its not a new hero theres constant buff nerfs, even a new starcard for every hero as well as a new passive for all heroes.

If only they had a dedicated infantry team rather than a dedicated hero team, the game would probably have a lot less bugs overall and the game would stay true to the battlefront title which is troopers first.
  • lowell
    1652 posts Member

They’re naive. They still think there are 150 developers on this game. Had they been able to release reinforcements, heroes, maps, blasters and skins in each and every update, I’m sure they would have. They simply can’t. No, @lowell, I’m not a developer, but I’m also not blind and ignorant.

Whatever is listed on the credits for the live team still stands until the devs confirmed there have been changes to the studio. And why is 150 a specific number to you, that's narrowing it down and do you have a relation to DICE for that specification?
    I'm guessing a lot of things they've made are being held back for later because they're still making tweaks to them, probably or timing for a specific date to bring them out.

You say you're not a developer but you didn't say that you weren't a EA employee and now you're calling me blind and ignorant. Either you are working for EA or DICE or you're a conspiracy theorist reading the CTs for hidden messages, which is just a pretty odd thing to do for this game.
  • Nice one. A more Buff/Agility Version of Ahsoka instead of my close combat Ahsoka. Impressive to se the different Versions that are possible.
  • Vccgrom99 wrote: »
    nc3b0o771ikv.jpg
    With ashok Clone skins

Im so in for that. Would be an insta buy for all Clone class.
  • Lyc4n
    1464 posts Member
    Ryu_Tano94 wrote: »
    Vccgrom99 wrote: »
    nc3b0o771ikv.jpg
    With ashok Clone skins

Im so in for that. Would be an insta buy for all Clone class.

Unfortunately the trailer we say the clones only had orange helmets with blue body. I really hope they are completly orange as this looked quite bad in my opinion compared to the complete orange concept arts i kept seeing
  • The game doesn’t need anymore clone sticker swapping/recolored skins. Geonosis already looks like a bag of skittles dumped in a sand box.
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • Lyc4n
    1464 posts Member
    Piscettios wrote: »
    The game doesn’t need anymore clone sticker swapping/recolored skins. Geonosis already looks like a bag of skittles dumped in a sand box.

Considering the role it will play, this would be huge, the only thing to make a drop of ahsoka and this skin perfect would be a map of mandalore to really represent that fight with a darth maul robotic leg skin.
  • Woohoo. Who remembers my Ahsoka thread? RIP to the good times.

Honestly still want both these gals on the game, they deserve to be. I can’t speak for everyone else tho, if we don’t get them now, it’s all good.