criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

So Anakin is having yet another nerf

smpd8vjhh1yz.jpg

*sigh*

Replies

• Phyxsius
    372 posts Member
    Roadmap: Last month was a great time for players, with adding pajamas and The Chosen One update. This month, we will be giving you another high quality content, The Nerfed One.

But this is not all. We have a bonus hero for you, The Average One.

Order has been restored in the universe, finally.
  • What's wrong with nerfing the most powerful, largely overpowered character in the game ? ;v

You can argue how to do it, but suggesting that he doesn't need it is ridiculous.
  • Phyxsius
    372 posts Member
    Wolfman91 wrote: »
    What's wrong with nerfing the most powerful, largely overpowered character in the game ? ;v

You can argue how to do it, but suggesting that he doesn't need it is ridiculous.

Not arguing against it, but you absolutely have to see the irony: foam at the mouth how it is the chosen one, blah blah, make LS great for a change, then nerf it to the ground (compared to its former Day One state), making it perfectly average.

So, what are you left with? A squatting yet another saber hero that only managed the ridiculous feature of fighting itself. Making the claims about him being the chosen one instantly null. Might need to rename the pompous past update into "The Great Hoax".
  • Wolfman91
    669 posts Member
    edited April 5
    @Phyxsius

Lightside needs to perform better, but not by making ONE OP character. This is the worst thing you can do. Other heroes need to be buffed, so they can be more useful and anyone could play his favourite character.

And why are you talking about nerfing to the ground ? Nerfing passionate strike, pull (you can argue here, I would prefer to nerf heroic might) and retribution range won't make him avarage. After this nerf, he'll probaly be still the best hero in the game. He just won't be the hero that doesn't require any form of skill to perform well.

@DannyTheNerd2002 The Chosen One ? Mate, this is the worst argument ever. It's a MULTIPLAYER GAME, not movie, cartoon or a book (not to mention that he never reached his full potential, but as I said, it's not important, gameplay is). Heroes should be as equal as possible.

Gameplay decides if the game is good, not the lore. If Anakin is the best, there is no point in picking other hero. People are already quitting the game because of how OP he is, and how he ruins the fun.
  • Raices
    1435 posts Member
    Wolfman91 wrote: »
    What's wrong with nerfing the most powerful, largely overpowered character in the game ? ;v

I personally think he was fine from the start. I feel the recent nerf is fine, but he shouldn't be nerfed anymore. He's meant to be op, he is the chosen one.

Fireguy??

• I personally think he was fine from the start. I feel the recent nerf is fine, but he shouldn't be nerfed anymore. He's meant to be op, he is the chosen one. [/quote]

You are insane !!!
  • CC_1010
    2647 posts Member

I personally think he was fine from the start. I feel the recent nerf is fine, but he shouldn't be nerfed anymore. He's meant to be op, he is the chosen one.

You are insane !!![/quote]

The chosen one argument is the thing that I don’t understand. WTF! Yoda Windu and Sidious were all stronger then him. Even my boy Kenobi defeated him.
  • Phyxsius
    372 posts Member
    edited April 5
    CC_1010 wrote: »

You are insane !!!

The chosen one argument is the thing that I don’t understand. WTF! Yoda Windu and Sidious were all stronger then him. Even my boy Kenobi defeated him.

You see, he is the Anakin that unleashed his full potential...for a month. Now he will change his name into Sniffles or The Snotty Nosed One and achieve his true potential - the laughing stock of the Galaxy.

He is the one that brought balance to the Farce, that's why he's the Chosen One.

Oh boy, I can keep this up all day.
  • quenaelin
    1102 posts Member
    He was OP from the start, but devs should wait for a while and not constantly nerf him. He could be nerfed to the ground and then everybody will be happy again and live happily their lives, enjoying this game without Anakin bothering their gameplay, that is what everybody are asking? Maybe it isn't right to nerf him to the ground. Though I don't like him as a character and I didn't like prequels so much.
  • Typical DICE over-nerf. Neither Passionate Strike nor Pull Dominance are the problem; The refresh and AoE on Heroic Might and the AoE and damage of Retribution are the problems.
    Anakin is pretty balanced in HvV...it's in the trooper games where he's a complete wrecking ball of overpowered destruction.
This discussion has been closed.