criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

For those who complain about HvV "leavers"

Royox
50 posts Member
I'm one of those (leavers) and I will keep doing that. Why? Because, even if the "target system" is **** i'm not there to be stomped in 1vs4 encounters for 10-15 minutes. It's not fun and I won't play a unfun match. So If i see:

-Target players that just run mindlessly into the whole opposing team alone guaranteeing them a free score
-Players not playing as a team
-Players standing still
-Players not chasing the target (i mean, you can kill everything you see, I don't care, what I care is when the target is at 10% hp and nobody targets him because of the tunnel vision).
-Myself as the target alone holding my ground against enemies and nobody helping me

I will leave and search for a fun match. I don't care about winning, I care about fun, and for me "playing the objective" is fun even if the objective is ****. So keep going, keep playing as lone wolves, keep storming alone full teams as the target, you will keep playing 3 vs 4 matches.

Replies

• as a whole I suffer through it. getting beaten down by 4 lightsaber wielders sucks, particularly when using a gun wielder and all but effectively useless against them to begin with.

the only thing that makes me quit is, say, getting stuck playing against Geometry exploiters in Hoth who cower in the Ice Womb the entire time.

Back to back matches, epbarton and NLL462 (both on PS4) basically hid the entire freaking time leading to the most boring of fights. dragged on and on in what was unwinnable as no one on our side could find the exploit entrance. (And as a non-jedi, had zero hope as apparently it involves some high jump my toon was incapable of.

second match, just got far too bored and quit.

the HvV field is bad enough, boring enough, frustrating enough that it is only worth doing on 2x XP weekends with copious amounts of booze to suffer through it to grind some heroes up to be more useful in the more fun battles. but when people cheat/exploit, it is untenable.

started keeping track of names, though. if ever paired WITH them, I will literally suicide each and every time I'm the target just to kick them in their "i want to win so badly that I will hide for an hour on end, earn almost no points" junk.

ban cheaters.
  • Sad_History
    89 posts Member
    edited April 7
    I have no problem with leavers, as I do it myself from time to time. That being said - I have been in some awesome matches when i decided to stay in a losing team and we turned around and won in a spectacular way.

Don't give up to easy when chasing a target in HvV or a pretty girl in real life. If you are a fighter you get almost anything you want.
    Post edited by Sad_History on
  • Munedawg
    203 posts Member
    I hate bad teammates who are selfish. BUT, I am at a point where I feel like leaving against Anakin is a sort of social protest.
  • brienj
    679 posts Member
    Sometimes I'll stick it out, but sometimes I just want to move on to another game. Like you said, nobody likes to be in a 4 v 1 all the time, just because nobody on your team is doing any good. This weekend I was on a team where our target was running headlong into the enemy at the very beginning of the match. I knew we were in for some trouble. We started losing rounds, and then I became target, and found Obi Wan, I was Lando, leveling him up for the 2x XP weekend. Obi Wan emotes me with "Hello there", and 2 enemies were coming towards us. I wasn't too worried, because at least Obi Wan was right there with me. Nope, just as soon as he emoted me, he just ran off as I was looking at the enemies coming. Obi Wan also knew I was the target, so why did he just run off? If I was in his situation, I would have gone in front of Lando and given support, not run. Regardless to say, after I was killed, I quit. There are always situations like that, where I just have to quit, because I can not play with clueless teammates.
  • hosco33
    165 posts Member
    edited April 9
    OcDoc wrote: »

...And this was on Starkiller Base so no cheap kills and nobody dropped out the whole match.

"no cheap kills"... 90% of kills in this game could be considered "cheap kill" (it's a game, not a simulator), whether you spammed a blaster hero with saber strikes and mental abilities combos; or killed a saber hero with shots on the head while stunned; being pushed to a cliff with a defenseless hero; camping with any hero in company of Phasma/Bossk/Leia/Lando (only Phasma is abused btw); or facing +2v1; or just being caught by surprise by the back. Complaining of runners is also a nonsense, what do we expect?, one player facing the rest of the team waiting for spawn to be merciful?

Every new opponent's tactic is a challenge, my only complaint is platform performance. I'm quitting a lot because some times your abilities just don't work and whatever ability is used against you is even queuing waiting for you to recover to put you down again, making block useless. It becomes so obvious the game will screw you, you won't freeze enemies that are non-blocking, or push them, totally screwed. And Dice do not say anything, makes me think it's on purpose, or embarrassed of being hacked.

But sometimes it's hard to quit when you see your teammates so enthusiast even when beaten up. Last Saturday we were facing a Phasma's camping within Kashyyyk's tree and one of our teammates abandoned. When we realized they were just waiting for us to kill us one by one, we implemented their same tactic on the treetops, forcing them to come for us and we won even though a fourth teammate never joined.

Tactic emotes could highly benefit the game. How do you know if someone is attacking alone due to selfishness or just playing kamikaze inferring the rest would bodyguard her/his target, knowing soon or later, kamikaze could pick opponent tatget?, or the ones not attacking are hiding or being tactic?, or the ones who separated are "lone wolves" or just flanking together with you?

Every move could be misinterpreted by teammates and targets are so quickly chosen, there is no time to grin and jump to your teammates once you've been separated. Mics could help but that's too personal, accent would be my lesser concern, I wouldn't like it to become social media garbage with politics, democracy, prestige, egos, verbal disagreements, personal attacks, the end of human kind!... I'd rather tactic emotes.

But even without such emotes, I just quit when servers underperform, that wouldn't be playing at all
    Post edited by hosco33 on
  • It's refreshing to see players are just as angry as I am with these scenarios that are in this game.
  • Royox wrote: »
    I'm one of those (leavers) and I will keep doing that. Why? Because, even if the "target system" is **** i'm not there to be stomped in 1vs4 encounters for 10-15 minutes. It's not fun and I won't play a unfun match. So If i see:

-Target players that just run mindlessly into the whole opposing team alone guaranteeing them a free score
    -Players not playing as a team
    -Players standing still
    -Players not chasing the target (i mean, you can kill everything you see, I don't care, what I care is when the target is at 10% hp and nobody targets him because of the tunnel vision).
    -Myself as the target alone holding my ground against enemies and nobody helping me

I will leave and search for a fun match. I don't care about winning, I care about fun, and for me "playing the objective" is fun even if the objective is ****. So keep going, keep playing as lone wolves, keep storming alone full teams as the target, you will keep playing 3 vs 4 matches.

I agree with all these conditions for leaving, if you mainly have fun by playing the objective (which is the point), then being in a team who goof around with no clue can be annoying and discouraging. I also realized that busting your **** off playing the objective and carrying the team in the long run doesn't help anyone become better other then you. (the old give a man a fish feed him for a day thing). For example, after busting your **** off to beat an Anakin carried team and the teams switch sides. The same players you carried will continue to goof off or not play the objective and you/re left with another high pressure game riding on you. And good luck if you get a bad Anakin who only defend themselves in group battles with really bad tunnel vision. 8/10 Anakins I get on my team often leave me to die in 2v2+ situations, I don't know how many times I've gone into bouts with Anakins just to get killed turn around and see Anakin has retreated far away and is blocking the air while the 2+ opponents overwhelmed me when it could have been a fair and even fight. Tho this does happen a lot with other heroes as well, it sucks seeing a bad Anakin on your team when he's currently overpowered and your team is still losing. That's when I bail.
  • If ur on The LS and u dont have anakin, then yea its most likely ur gonna get stomped by a group. If ur on the DS any villain will do besides phasma or maul.
  • I don't leave a game because of Anakin. I will leave if I'm repeatedly having to fight 4 people at once while the rest of the squad is...somewhere else. Usually though, if I leave it's because block or abilities are completely bugging out and nothing I'm doing is effective.
  • brienj
    679 posts Member
    Wow, today I was in a match playing with Grievous, and we were doing ok, and then I became the target, and I held off a few enemies, but had two blaster heroes constantly shooting at me while I tried to keep moving and stay behind cover. I kept looking for any teammates, we even had a Phasma on the team, but it took forever to find anyone, and I had all 4 of the enemy on my tail. The person I finally found was Phasma, just standing in one place, not doing anything. The person was AFK. Even though I was target, at that point I just quit the game. I am not going to play with teammates like that, and if you don't want to play in a game, then quit, so someone else can join who will play, don't stay in the game doing nothing at all. I actually wish that more people would quit, because of the AFKers.
  • CC_1010
    979 posts Member
    brienj wrote: »
    Sometimes I'll stick it out, but sometimes I just want to move on to another game. Like you said, nobody likes to be in a 4 v 1 all the time, just because nobody on your team is doing any good. This weekend I was on a team where our target was running headlong into the enemy at the very beginning of the match. I knew we were in for some trouble. We started losing rounds, and then I became target, and found Obi Wan, I was Lando, leveling him up for the 2x XP weekend. Obi Wan emotes me with "Hello there", and 2 enemies were coming towards us. I wasn't too worried, because at least Obi Wan was right there with me. Nope, just as soon as he emoted me, he just ran off as I was looking at the enemies coming. Obi Wan also knew I was the target, so why did he just run off? If I was in his situation, I would have gone in front of Lando and given support, not run. Regardless to say, after I was killed, I quit. There are always situations like that, where I just have to quit, because I can not play with clueless teammates.

Which map? Bespin?
  • brienj
    679 posts Member
    CC_1010 wrote: »

Which map? Bespin?

It actually was, but I normally have no problems on that map, it's one of my favorites to play, and I almost always get at least #2 on the leaderboard when I play it.
  • honestly I would just do what other games do a drop a real time penalty on leavers, not allowing them to rejoin any game until the penalty is served.
  • JAREDUP
    1546 posts Member
    I try to play as a hero I feel like playing, but if we start loosing I pick Yoda or Boba to try and get the W, if that fails I quit when our target dies by running into the enemy team blindly
    For the Greater Good

9k2nxbv51kuu.gif
  • CC_1010
    979 posts Member
    CC_1010 wrote: »

Which map? Bespin?

It actually was, but I normally have no problems on that map, it's one of my favorites to play, and I almost always get at least #2 on the leaderboard when I play it.
    Here you go mate:
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/134711/your-biggest-hvv-fails#latest

The story from my perspective.... I am so sorry...
  • What bothers me a lot in HvV that respawned player must run to others from another side of map and die in half way. Why people don't understand, that best regroup method is - survived teammates must retreat and go to respawned one (and not just wait him!), and then concentrate on objectives?
  • I try not to quit. Just because. But I will if it's terrible cuz fun is why I play the game then yes I have quit. Last night was on LS and won 10-0. Switched to DS same map lost 0-10. Same players. That's what anakin does. Both teams played together and all of us were sabre heroes. I'd say I can win as DS in HvV 1 out of 20 times.