criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission
No Match for a Good Blaster

Dooku's Lunge Distance (Too OP?)

Personally I feel because of this Dooku is too overpowered against certain heroes. But the one I'm referring now is Yoda. Their duel in the game doesn't feel anything like from AOTC. Even when he uses Dash Attack, Dooku can easily reach at him. Hopefully this'll change when Yoda gets a lightsaber block.

Ps. Yoda should strike faster which would make him a good opponent against Dooku as well as Maul.

Replies

• Problem is that Yoda's ant size gives him an advantage against everything that shoots. With size and plus 260 hp, he can't be buffed further or he will be unkillable for blasters.

8dh69o72w6hm.jpg

• Yoda is all ready one of the best 1v1 characters in the game them giving him a block is all ready pushing it no more buffs to Yoda.
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000
  • TheUltimateHope
    1093 posts Member
    edited April 7
    OMG a character with absolutely zero range having a good lunge must be a disgrace.....
    BTW it's great that you bring up the topic. Now that Yoda is getting a block + a standard jump height there is literally no reason anymore for his dash to go through block so i hope the devs are very well aware of that change that must happen.
  • OMG a character with absolutely zero range having a good lunge must be a disgrace.....
    BTW it's great that you bring up the topic. Now that Yoda is getting a block + a standard jump height there is literally no reason anymore for his dash to go through block so i hope the devs are very well aware of that change that must happen.

This has been my worry as well. If they leave that in, he will be the best saber in the game. Block until Dash strikes are up.......
    "I play Star Wars like real life, I try not to die if possible."

k2bblaxemr26.png

PS4 EventHorizonOH
  • TheUltimateHope
    1093 posts Member
    edited April 7
    OMG a character with absolutely zero range having a good lunge must be a disgrace.....

This has been my worry as well. If they leave that in, he will be the best saber in the game. Block until Dash strikes are up.......

I wouldn't go as far as i think what his absorption ability will become has a part to play too. He'll certainly become way more powerful in HvV where the lightsabers meta is slowly getting settled .
  • MC_XIX
    1914 posts Member
    All saber characters have a similar lunge track in my experience. Dooku's is not better than everyone else's.

Just yesterday I had to LOL when Maul did a spin attack, and I was using Yoda and my lunge kept me right on his tail and pulled me with him at about 40mph. My movement speed matched his spin attack because I struck him just after he started his manoeuvre. It's a bit ridiculous at times.
  • Lightsaber tracking and lunges need to go
  • RyanK388
    1777 posts Member
    Wait he has a lunge? I thought it was just Grievous who had that?
  • Raylol
    1140 posts Member
    What is lunge? can somebody explain me pls
  • unit900000 wrote: »
    Yoda is all ready one of the best 1v1 characters in the game them giving him a block is all ready pushing it no more buffs to Yoda.

You realize Yoda blocks in the movies and shows lol there was no reason to not make him do it in the game
  • unit900000
    3365 posts Member
    unit900000 wrote: »
    Yoda is all ready one of the best 1v1 characters in the game them giving him a block is all ready pushing it no more buffs to Yoda.

You realize Yoda blocks in the movies and shows lol there was no reason to not make him do it in the game

its called balance this is a game not a movie.
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000
  • DarthJ
    6663 posts Member
    hes fine, perfectly balanced
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • brienj
    680 posts Member
    Dooku only has his saber attacks, and his lightning, but his lightning has a very short range, and is designed to be one of the best saber heroes, and he fits that role perfectly well. He needs no buffs or nerfs.
  • unit900000 wrote: »
    unit900000 wrote: »

its called balance this is a game not a movie.

So because it’s a game let’s randomly make two light saber users not be able to block?
  • unit900000
    3365 posts Member
    brienj wrote: »
    Dooku only has his saber attacks, and his lightning, but his lightning has a very short range, and is designed to be one of the best saber heroes, and he fits that role perfectly well. He needs no buffs or nerfs.

I personally think hes terrible in both HvV and GA his team fighting ability is just awful every saber user in the game is better then him in team fights I think he would be better if his lightning chained to other players like Palps does instead of having a limited range I think that would put him in a better spot.
  • Unwarycoin
    5989 posts Member

I feel like the special moves should go through block, in fact I wish Maul’s spin regained it’s ability to break through a block.
    Anyways, to the topic at hand, I like his lunge. I think Count Dooku is awesome!
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • Unwarycoin wrote: »

I feel like the special moves should go through block, in fact I wish Maul’s spin regained it’s ability to break through a block.
    Anyways, to the topic at hand, I like his lunge. I think Count Dooku is awesome!

Maul in my understanding never could break blocks with his dash.
    Well i should have asked before writting that down but what do you even mean by breaking block ? Doing damage through block or open the block like Dash Strike used to do ?
    I'm going with the first interpretation and imo no if there is one hero that should never get that is Maul. His dash is just too fast and travels too much distance moreso when you give him a block. In fact post block patch i would even be prone to reduce the speed/travel distance of his dash.
    It would just encourage Maul players to never commit into battle and be rewarded for that.
  • Doesn't really feel like Dooku gets any farther a lunge, but either way it's not the worst thing. His whole kit is super close range.

Yoda also getting a block may also alleviate your concerns.
    PSN: Atreus-213
    Xbox One GT: Atreus215
  • Billkwando
    1926 posts Member
    I don't think it's Dooku's lunge as much as it is the saber tracking. If they do away with that, he won't seem quite so vacuum-y.

Personally, I'd rather see Yoda with no block than Yoda with a dash that dosn't go through block. It's the one thing that guarantees he can stand up to Vader.
    ZI7BNkU.gif
    ^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
    (Sorta like an insane Japanese SOAD, but w/ 3 vocalists and slap bass)

Gamertag: Billkwando PSN: Billkwando YouTube: Billkwando
    Find me in HvV, pushing people off of stuff and watching them fall, like a cat.
  • To be honest every lightsaber user in the game, except Obi-Wan, has an insane attack range.
    Obi-Wan has to be at point blank range or if he is trying to swing at a Droideka, then his attack range is more.
  • Why are you bumping so many of @PlayersPurity ‘s outdated threads dude? Don’t you understand that both Vader and Luke have gotten significant buffs since the date the thread was published? And how Dooku’s dashing attack is severely bugged?