criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission
No Match for a Good Blaster

Sequel Trilogy content

Prev1345678
The ST needs more love! Great characters and great content can be added to the game! Y’all Star Wars “fans” just love to hate these movies for the sake of it.. let me ask you this a lot of people dislike the PT yet it’s still in the game and being added but I don’t see anyone boycotting it so stop wasting you’re energy trying to do so for the ST

Replies

• They could even be lazy about it and just port over content for the Resurrection sequel to the campaign. It would be awesome to have a GA mission for Vardos, with J-Sec fighting in place of the resistance, and First Order invading Vardos. Same with SA. Make a mission of Resistance attacking a J-Sec convoy over Athulla. They could even add two more hero ships by having Zay in her T-70 X wing and Leema Kai in his N-1 starfighter. I put all these ideas in a thread of my own but it never took off. Maybe this thread will get these ideas some notice.
  • Spergicide wrote: »
    They could even be lazy about it and just port over content for the Resurrection sequel to the campaign. It would be awesome to have a GA mission for Vardos, with J-Sec fighting in place of the resistance, and First Order invading Vardos. Same with SA. Make a mission of Resistance attacking a J-Sec convoy over Athulla. They could even add two more hero ships by having Zay in her T-70 X wing and Leema Kai in his N-1 starfighter. I put all these ideas in a thread of my own but it never took off. Maybe this thread will get these ideas some notice.

Let’s hope
  • Raekweezy1220
    877 posts Member
    edited April 8
    Cane_danko wrote: »
    I love the sequels and the anthology movies. I always like to see the sequels get love in particular.

Find it funny when people say the sequels suck and should be removed from cannon and be removed from the game, but isn’t this the same thing people said about the prequels? The prequels were terrible and ruined childhoods and the same stuff they’re saying about the sequels! I love the prequels btw!
  • lowell
    1303 posts Member
    Currently, they can tap ST content from Resistance, the Poe comics, the Before the Awakening book, the Phasma mini-series comic (taking place between TFA and TLJ), beyond the films. They could also make a map based on Batuu, the planet from Galaxy's Edge at the parks.
  • still waiting for HvV Crait..

Legend says that DICE were working on it a long time ago in a galaxy far far way..
  • DarthJ
    6666 posts Member
    I really want Old versions skins for Luke and Han from the ST

CS maps for ST maps would also be cool.

This basically, plus a new reinforcement. Would have also liked Poe as a ground hero but.....
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • TheScape
    2237 posts Member
    I mean... the ST has some to give, but not as much as the PT and OT do.
    Well when Episode 9 comes out I’m sure there will be more

True... but not as much as the PT and OT have untapped. The ST deserves some love, but I think we can all agree that we should have Rogue One content first.

I am not going to say no to Scarif before any ST content, but I am not so sure about the lack of potential with what we have.
    There is D'Qar as a potential ground ST map (the opening of TLJ is on the space proximity of D'Qar but it is not too far-fetched to expect some kind of ground battle while the resistance tries to abandon the planet after they are attacked by the First Order). There is Tuanul, that while it still is the planet Jakku, is where the opening of The Force Awakens takes place and it could make for a cool nighttime skirmish where the Resistance tries to survive the attack of the First Order. There is Castilon as another potential planet where a faction of the Resistance
    tries to ignite the Colossus and flee. That is the finale of the show and it can make for a decent battle if it takes place on the docked ship
    . There are also some battles from the Poe comic book.
    All of this without taking into account the Mandalorian (since it takes place after the OT, but we don't know if it will deal with the First Order and the Resistance), Galaxy's Edge from Disneyland (which is relatively canon and takes place on the ST) and Episode IX. There are also a few heroes/villains that could be added (and I'm going to add Shriv from the campaign on that list) for those that care about that part.
    I would be okay if we get some OT content first (some ported maps + OT maps for CS) and we wait until episode IX for a "ST season", though.
    May your heart be your guiding key.
  • SnakeMajin
    421 posts Member
    edited April 8
    I don't like these films. For their lack of imagination and long-term vision.

Yet having ST content is more than needed, the game must feel complete and the ST maps have much more enjoyable action in the game than the actual films. I feel, until Episode 9, that the only things missing are :
    - Old Han skin.
    - Old Luke skin - Crait projection with the blue lightsaber and I'd say Flash-backs Jedi Master with the green one.
    - Old Leia skin - I'd say her TFA General outfit is the one fitting the most a battlefield. Maybe her TLJ dress too.

For the rest, there really isn't enough material in two films... or at least iconic material. The game should end up covering Episode 9 with map(s), obviously Poe, a vilain, infiltrators and skins (Old Lando ?).
  • Yes, I'd love ST content, I know people hate the new movies, but does that mean we can't enjoy content inspired by them? People despised the prequels when they first came out and called them insulting to Star Wars fans, (pretty much what they're saying about the sequels right now) and yet the PT is the most requested era for this game.

Go figure...

Exactly
  • Yes, I'd love ST content, I know people hate the new movies, but does that mean we can't enjoy content inspired by them? People despised the prequels when they first came out and called them insulting to Star Wars fans, (pretty much what they're saying about the sequels right now) and yet the PT is the most requested era for this game.

Go figure...

We shall see how history judges these films.
    Heroes are born on the battlefront... especially if you play the objective.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • TheScape
    2237 posts Member
    Yes, I'd love ST content, I know people hate the new movies, but does that mean we can't enjoy content inspired by them? People despised the prequels when they first came out and called them insulting to Star Wars fans, (pretty much what they're saying about the sequels right now) and yet the PT is the most requested era for this game.

Go figure...

Once the kids/teenagers that started with TFA (instead of the other two trilogies) grow up having watched the Resistance show (if it lasts for a minimum of 4 seasons like Rebels), I'm fairly sure it will be like what happened with the PT.
    May your heart be your guiding key.
  • TheScape wrote: »
    Yes, I'd love ST content, I know people hate the new movies, but does that mean we can't enjoy content inspired by them? People despised the prequels when they first came out and called them insulting to Star Wars fans, (pretty much what they're saying about the sequels right now) and yet the PT is the most requested era for this game.

Go figure...

Once the kids/teenagers that started with TFA (instead of the other two trilogies) grow up having watched the Resistance show (if it lasts for a minimum of 4 seasons like Rebels), I'm fairly sure it will be like what happened with the PT.

n0hfoaw3gt3n.gif
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • TheScape wrote: »

Go figure...

Pt got ******* on bashed now all a sudden everyone’s a fan because they hate the st😂 I’m sure in a few years more st fans will come out
  • Actually, I have a suggestion of why PT is "now" appreciated.

PT films aren't good. Or at least not as good as people who were kids back then remember. It's not the films that got the people into it, it's the lore they brought. It's the era itself.
    The PT films brought a lot to the SW universe behind the cinematic flaws. Lucas had the guts to bring more different planets, ships, weapons and aliens than the ST dares doing.
    I mean, we got to see the legendary Clone Wars Obi-Wan was talking about in ANH. We got to see a full Jedi Order fighting. The films aren't great but the era has a lot to offer. Providing to the lore is actually what got people into TCW. Some people even complained only 1/5 of episodes were about the war itself in the end.

ST is good looking but for the moment an empty shell, in comparison. The films themselves lack too much lore-providing and context. But it is still Star Wars and should have content.
  • SnakeMajin wrote: »
    Actually, I have a suggestion of why PT is "now" appreciated.

PT films aren't good. Or at least not as good as people who were kids back then remember. It's not the films that got the people into it, it's the lore they brought. It's the era itself.
    The PT films brought a lot to the SW universe behind the cinematic flaws. Lucas had the guts to bring more different planets, ships, weapons and aliens than the ST dares doing.
    I mean, we got to see the legendary Clone Wars Obi-Wan was talking about in ANH. We got to see a full Jedi Order fighting. The films aren't great but the era has a lot to offer. Providing to the lore is actually what got people into TCW. Some people even complained only 1/5 of episodes were about the war itself in the end.

ST is good looking but for the moment an empty shell, in comparison. The films themselves lack too much lore-providing and context. But it is still Star Wars and should have content.
    This ain’t it!! PT are good!

Bingo! Hit the nail right on the head. PT IMO is good ideas but executed not as well some had hoped. Where as the ST is a bad story executed well. I think more fans appreciate the prequels more because of the creativity within them.

Now as for the topic at hand, whilst I am part of the crowd that hates the ST and doesn’t acknowledge it as canon. It's only fair ST does get more content within the game. But my question is what more could they do? Only thing I can think of is adding Poe as a playable ground hero and maybe General Hux too. Guess we'll have to wait for Episode IX to come out for more ideas.

Bingo! Hit the nail right on the head. PT IMO is good ideas but executed not as well some had hoped. Where as the ST is a bad story executed well. I think more fans appreciate the prequels more because of the creativity within them.

Now as for the topic at hand, whilst I am part of the crowd that hates the ST and doesn’t acknowledge it as canon. It's only fair ST does get more content within the game. But my question is what more could they do? Only thing I can think of is adding Poe as a playable ground hero and maybe General Hux too. Guess we'll have to wait for Episode IX to come out for more ideas.

Yeah, whilst I think the ST stinks, it still deserves some content. However, I'm not sure it has much to give.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • The ST is the lowest point Star Wars ever have been, because even when there were no movies before the PT comes out, fans still loved Star Wars, kept it alive collecting action figures, graphic novels, books and video games along the years, but now the ST has little to nothing to offer when it comes to exciment and characters that most fans could care for.

I play BF2 since day 1, and to be honest I'm quite satisfied with Kylo and Rey in the game. I simply don't care for Phasma and Finn, they are mega boring to play with. I don't care for any other character from TFA or TLJ. And don't get me wrong I kinda like TFA.

Now do I think we should get a Hermit Luke skin if we don't even have a Bespin Luke skin since 2015? Hell No! Bespin Luke is way more iconic than anything TLJ.

• JadeRaptor64
    1800 posts Member
    edited April 8
    The ST is the lowest point Star Wars ever have been, because even when there were no movies before the PT comes out, fans still loved Star Wars, kept it alive collecting action figures, graphic novels, books and video games along the years, but now the ST has little to nothing to offer when it comes to exciment and characters that most fans could care for.

I play BF2 since day 1, and to be honest I'm quite satisfied with Kylo and Rey in the game. I simply don't care for Phasma and Finn, they are mega boring to play with. I don't care for any other character from TFA or TLJ. And don't get me wrong I kinda like TFA.

Now do I think we should get a Hermit Luke skin if we don't even have a Bespin Luke skin since 2015? Hell No! Bespin Luke is way more iconic than anything TLJ.

A Thor Skywalker video! You are a man of culture I see.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • Admiral_Xen
    2757 posts Member
    edited April 8
    In general yeah, they need love. Least represented era despite being hands down better than garbage prequel/CW.

FO trooper customization, some blasters from the movies we don't have, D'Qar, Ach-To and Canto Bight maps.

Also 2 more heroes per side so if there's more era-lock it's viable (options: Hux, Snoke, DJ, Poe, Rose, Old Iden
    61tgj36mc1n9.png

• PT is great ST is good!

PT is good, OT is great, ST is problematic.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png

PT is good, OT is great, ST is problematic.

OT is all time great. ST is derivative but still fun. PT is garbage, useful only for its unintentional hilarity (memes).

You really hate CW lmao i see u hating on it in every post you comment in haha
  • Something else I think is reponsible of the "good" opinion on PT : the voice acting. In France, voice acting is pretty important. People trash PT for its acting, which would be bad because of Georges Lucas' directing. But I did not notice that. Anakin just sounds right in French, in every scene. I think over the non-English world, there are other people appreciating the acting.

So what remains to make PT bad in those conditions ? From my POV :
    - Episode I : The pace, and, a bit Jar-Jar. I did not care as a kid, but as an adult I realize he's embarassing. But the pace is the worst thing about it despite some highlights.
    - Episode II : The love scenes, embarassing. The pace sometimes. But the rest is actually pretty enjoyable ! A speeder pursuit in Coruscant, Obi-Wan finding clones and going after Jango, all the Geonosis politics and war.
    - Episode III : Good in every way, except Anakins falls way too quickly to the dark side. Something The Clone Wars helps building.

Yet at the time, everyone's trendy arguments were :
    - Greenscreen ; Too different from OT ; Too much politics

Now everyone trashes ST for the opposite arguments, funny considering it was how they advertized it :
    - Looks too much like Earth or OT locations
    - Too close to OT. Watching 30 years later only TIE Fighters, X-Wings and the Falcon feels like a punch in the face. Death Star 3. Bad guys looking for droids on a sandy planet. The figure getting killed by a bad guy he was close to. Stormtroopers versus Rebels-like Resistance. Etc.
    - No politics at all. No context. So we don't understand how we came up to this situation 30 years later. And they made the choice never to explain it because "it was not the point". I include the "Main" bad guy, Snoke in this. A bad character so strong in the force and so influent he created a great threat to the galaxy, in a situation where bad guys were beaten. Yet no single explanation, just a lightsaber to make him drift away from the script.
  • KLATZ55
    137 posts Member
    It'll definitely be nice to have more content for this era. Hopefully we'll get some with episode 9 release. They should give us Poe and Hux for now with a map from the story mode, plus some infiltrators units.
  • Explain how any of you can call yourselfs Star Wars fans when you only think the ot is good and everything else sucks?
  • Hesha
    508 posts Member
    The ST needs more love! Great characters and great content can be added to the game! Y’all Star Wars “fans” just love to hate these movies for the sake of it.. let me ask you this a lot of people dislike the PT yet it’s still in the game and being added but I don’t see anyone boycotting it so stop wasting you’re energy trying to do so for the ST

Just wait, we will be getting ST content towards the end of the year once the new movie draws closer
  • Explain how any of you can call yourselfs Star Wars fans when you only think the ot is good and everything else sucks?

PT is good, The Clone Wars is good, Rebels is good, Resistance is good, most of the new canon books are good, the comics are good, the anthology movies are good, The Force Awakens was good, but The Last Jedi is the only Star Wars content I don’t like. Everything else I love.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png

PT is good, The Clone Wars is good, Rebels is good, Resistance is good, most of the new canon books are good, the comics are good, the anthology movies are good, The Force Awakens was good, but The Last Jedi is the only Star Wars content I don’t like. Everything else I love.

Acceptable! There’s just a lot of people who only like the ot and trash everything else

Is that positivity? That’s impossible here.

Is that positivity? That’s impossible here.
    ftoagv0bj2nl.jpeg
    Well I like to stay positive.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png

Am I supposed to love every crap that George Lucas made to be a Star Wars fan ?

Midichlorians, whole chosen one concept, Jar Jar, dialogues - it's all (in my opinion, but i'm not the only one) bad.

I hate what Disney did to Luke and the rest. I don't like Rey, Kylo, Rose or Hux, and I don't like the way Disney kinda ruined the original trio's achievements but I gotta say - these movies are more entertaining than Prequels.

• Wolfman91 wrote: »
    Explain how any of you can call yourselfs Star Wars fans when you only think the ot is good and everything else sucks?

Midichlorians, whole chosen one concept, Jar Jar, dialogues - it's all (in my opinion, but i'm not the only one) bad.

I hate what Disney did to Luke and the rest. I don't like Rey, Kylo, Rose or Hux, and I don't like the way Disney kinda ruined the original trio's achievements but I gotta say - these movies are more entertaining than Prequels.

I didn’t know ******** on majority of the films makes u a fan?
  • bfloo
    15715 posts Member
    Wolfman91 wrote: »
    Explain how any of you can call yourselfs Star Wars fans when you only think the ot is good and everything else sucks?

What was wrong with the chosen one concept?
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Cane_danko
    1247 posts Member
    I don’t really care if someone likes or hates the new movies. I like them. You can call me all the names you want.
  • I would happily take anything from the ST films over cartoon shows anyday
  • bfloo
    15715 posts Member
    Cane_danko wrote: »
    I don’t really care if someone likes or hates the new movies. I like them. You can call me all the names you want.

Can we call you 'late to dinner' too?
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Cane_danko wrote: »

Yup!!