criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
August Community Calendar

New Saber Combat, Stamina, & Anakin

TM11
16 posts Member
I posted this in the Feedback thread but somehow it got deleted, maybe I posted it in the wrong thread? Anyways I have some ideas on how they can improve the gameplay and mechanics cause right now it's not very fun playing especially in HvV.

For lightsaber combat removing the stagger was a great thing, that's literally all they had to do, however reducing every lightstaber heroes' stamina has made the game virtually unplayable especially in HvV. Because everyone runs out of stamina too quickly there's virtually no way to defend yourself and counter-attack against multiple attacking enemies in HvV, especially when you're being bombarded by the entire enemy team and your team is nowhere to be found. With the previous lightsaber combat you at least had a decent enough change of being able to defend yourself against multiple attacking enemies, but now you're pretty much screwed. Not to mention the game is actually less fluid now cause all people are doing is standing around and dodging constantly trying to recharge their stamina; which isn't fluid, cinematic, or accurate at all. I think they need to revert all the heroes' stamina back to their original values and they should also make the stamina for attacking and blocking separate, so there would be two separate stamina bars one for attacking and one for blocking.

As for Anakin, I wish they'd stop nerfing him and revert his stats and abilities back to their original values as well. It's really annoying seeing everyone complain about him being OP when for one of course he should be the most powerful hero in the game he is the Chosen One after all, and two he can actually be defeated pretty normally if you know what you're doing. I've played both as Anakin and against him many times and have had success with both, I see no balancing issues with him whatsoever. I do however see foolish players who for some odd reason haven't learned to get out of the radius for Heroic Might, instead they keep attacking as if they have no idea what's about to happen. And now his Retribution ability has way less of a recharge rate which means it's rarely able to be used. I'm the run and gun type of player and Anakin is literally built for that, in fact that's how they literally described him when he was released. When you're running and gunning you don't last too long so how can a player and hero built for that be able to use the Retribution ability when you die more often before it's even charged? I feel like everyone who's complaining haven't played as him that often cause once you do you not only learn how to master him but you also learn his weaknesses and how he can be defeated.

Replies

• I do believe the heroes should have higher stamina values, it's pretty annoying to have Maul (my main) run out of stamina even though he has no block (which is getting implemented i believe. I think Maul should have a stamina boost above all the others to counter act this ( of course everyone would have something to say about their main and what they should have, but I believe this makes sense. The heroes can only last a short while before having to take a breather and their not as fun to play in HvV because everyone is running away from each other which kinda ruins the duel. Also Anakin is beatable, I know, but I do believe he should have an ability that replaces one of his knockdown effects, maybe one like Darth Vader where he does more damage and takes less. He can drain just about everyones stamina by hacking at them and then when they are unable to block he just tosses (Fus Ro Dah's) them knocking them down again and again. He is beatable yes, but you really have to be skilled or really [email protected] lucky.
    "By Azura, by Azura, by Azura! It's the Grand Champion! I can't believe it's you! Standing here! Next to me!"
  • TM11
    16 posts Member
    I do believe the heroes should have higher stamina values, it's pretty annoying to have Maul (my main) run out of stamina even though he has no block (which is getting implemented i believe. I think Maul should have a stamina boost above all the others to counter act this ( of course everyone would have something to say about their main and what they should have, but I believe this makes sense.

Yeah it gets really annoying running out of stamina, and both Maul and Yoda are indeed getting a block which is good.
    The heroes can only last a short while before having to take a breather and their not as fun to play in HvV because everyone is running away from each other which kinda ruins the duel.

Exactly!
    Also Anakin is beatable, I know, but I do believe he should have an ability that replaces one of his knockdown effects, maybe one like Darth Vader where he does more damage and takes less. He can drain just about everyones stamina by hacking at them and then when they are unable to block he just tosses (Fus Ro Dah's) them knocking them down again and again. He is beatable yes, but you really have to be skilled or really [email protected] lucky.

For Passionate Strike they are removing the knockdown effect which I guess is okay as long as the ability still works but I don't think they need to change any of his abilities. And yeah I see what you're saying about being able to hack away and drain their stamina followed by an ability, the irony is this wouldn't be an issue if they wouldn't have decreased the stamina values. I've had no problem beating him before the update but since the update they unintentionally created the problem themselves, but instead of giving the stamina back they've resorted to nerfing which isn't the right way to go.
  • New Hero Leaked... See details here
    Hero/Jedi: Neil DeGrass Tyson
    Weapon: Charles Darwin's book "An Origin of a Species"
    Appearances: Spiffy Suit (default) /Jedi Robes/ Molecular Level ( takes form of a photon, invisible to other heroes, yet deadly)
    Quotes: " I love the smell of the universe in the morning"
    " Get ready to have your mind blown"
    " I've got my ion you"
    Abilities:
    Star Stuff: causes enemies to tear themselves molecule by molecule
    Mind Blown: Blows enemies heads off with his amazing space facts
    Black Hole Nothing escapes (0o0)
    "By Azura, by Azura, by Azura! It's the Grand Champion! I can't believe it's you! Standing here! Next to me!"