criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Rey’s Ancestors

Iceninja
292 posts Member
I know in The Last Jedi it was said that Rey’s parents where junk traitors that sold her, which may be true. But I think that she is related to some other hero. It is my opinion that she is directly related to Obi-Wan Kenobi. She may even be his Great Granddaughter, and that one Mandilorian queen that Kenobi had a thing for is the Great Grandmother. Clues: patterns between what the characters do, the accent, and any other you want to discuss in this thread!
“The force is with me and I am one with the force. I fear nothing because everything is as the Force wills it to be.” -Chirrut Imwe

Replies

• DarthJ
    6056 posts Member
    I think she won't have any major character ancestors personally. I think Disney are going for the 'anyone can be powerful' vibe, not just the Skywalkers. Although it raises questions with her vision when she touched the lightsaber in TFA, as you see a craft leaving the planet and her saying 'come back'.
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • Iceninja
    292 posts Member
    I was just thinking about it, and what if that was not even Luke and Anakin’s lightsaber, we just assumed it was. Maybe, it was Kenobi’s lighsaber.
    “The force is with me and I am one with the force. I fear nothing because everything is as the Force wills it to be.” -Chirrut Imwe
  • DarthJ
    6056 posts Member
    Iceninja wrote: »
    I was just thinking about it, and what if that was not even Luke and Anakin’s lightsaber, we just assumed it was. Maybe, it was Kenobi’s lighsaber.

Na it was definitely Anakins/Lukes - exact same hilt. Plus Han knew what it was - he wouldn't have known what Obi-Wan's saber hilt looked like (or even knew who he was)
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • My personal theory is Rey Skywalker.
    Heroes are born on the battlefront... especially if you play the objective.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • I don’t really know what to expect anymore. Apparently JJ plans to retcon a lot of the decisions made in TLJ so really anything’s possible.

I honestly kinda feel bad for JJ after a lot of his interesting story elements just get eliminated by Rian. I mean I’m no fan of TFA but I could obviously tell a story was trying to be built up here only for interesting plot points to be cut short
  • AzorAhai
    1134 posts Member
    If it's a known character, then my money is on Kenobi...somehow.

My wife still swears it's Leia, but I just don't see how.

Kenobi did speak to her when she picked up the lightsaber, but even that's a longshot.

My best guess is that she was conceived by a convergence of the Force, similar to Anakin, but without any Dark side manipulation to make it happen. She may even be the true Chosen One.

Fun to speculate.

• Unwarycoin
    4267 posts Member

Kenobi did speak to her when she picked up the lightsaber, but even that's a longshot.

[/quote]

He did? (Genuine question, I can’t remember.)

#JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • AzorAhai
    1134 posts Member
    edited April 8
    Unwarycoin wrote: »
    He did? (Genuine question, I can’t remember.)

Yes, when she touches the lightsaber for the first time, you hear Alec Guiness say "Rey?" Which is actually him saying the word "afraid" in A New Hope, but they parsed out the syllable they wanted for the scene.

And then at the very end of that whole flashback/flash forward type scene, you hear Ewan McGregor say, "these are your first steps."
  • My personal theory is Rey Skywalker.

This was the most popular opinion before the eight movie, but I do not see the reasoning now.
    Unwarycoin wrote: »

He did? (Genuine question, I can’t remember.)[/quote]

He did very briefly.
  • ZephanUnbound
    1516 posts Member
    edited April 11
    I think she is a clone made from the genetic material of some important force wielder. I kind of suspect she could be a female clone of Palpatine.

Here is my reasoning for her being a clone:
    • In episode 8, there are numerous water based references during Rey's Force Visions. Clones are grown in capsules, surrounded by liquid.
    • When Rey goes into the force nexus on Ach-To, she asks who she is, and see a vision of multiple copies of herself, once again hinting that she is a clone.

Here is my reasoning for why I think she might be a female clone of Palpatine:
    • She is very powerful in the force, and Palpatine was said to be the strongest Sith of all-time in new canon lore.
    • Somebody hid her on Jakku instead of taking her to Luke's temple for Jedi training. Why do that, unless whoever found her feared what she might become if she was trained in the force?

Here is my theory: We know that Luke was exploring Palpatine's hidden enclaves of knowledge after ROTJ, we saw this in Battlefront 2's campaign. What if Luke, while searching these enclaves, found one that had a female Clone of Palpatine inside of it, suspended in a tube with her growth rate slowed. What if Luke feared what she might become if she was trained, and so he hid her on Jakku instead of training her?This theory also explains why she would be so skilled in 7 and 8, clones retain some knowledge of whoever they are copied from if they receive what is known as a memory flash, which could easily explain how she was able to use force powers like Pull and Mind Trick within days of the force awakening within her.

• I think she is a clone made from the genetic material of some important force wielder. I kind of suspect she could be a female clone of Palpatine.

• In episode 8, there are numerous water based references during Rey's Force Visions. Clones are grown in capsules, surrounded by liquid.
    • When Rey goes into the force nexus on Ach-To, she asks who she is, and see a vision of multiple copies of herself, once again hinting that she is a clone.

• She is very powerful in the force, and Palpatine was said to be the strongest Sith of all-time in new canon lore.
    • Somebody hid her on Jakku instead of taking her to Luke's temple for Jedi training. Why do that, unless whoever found her feared what she might become if she was trained in the force?

Here is my theory: We know that Luke was exploring Palpatine's hidden enclaves of knowledge after ROTJ, we saw this in Battlefront 2's campaign. What if Luke, while searching these enclaves, found one that had a female Clone of Palpatine inside of it, suspended in a tube with her growth rate slowed. What if Luke feared what she might become if she was trained, and so he hid her on Jakku instead of training her?This theory also explains why she would be so skilled in 7 and 8, clones retain some knowledge of whoever they are copied from if they receive what is known as a memory flash, which could easily explain how she was able to use force powers like Pull and Mind Trick within days of the force awakening within her.

I’m suddenly reminded of Starkiller (the person, not the base).

#JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • Unwarycoin wrote: »
    I think she is a clone made from the genetic material of some important force wielder. I kind of suspect she could be a female clone of Palpatine.

I’m suddenly reminded of Starkiller (the person, not the base).

I loved the Force Unleashed games. The story writing was absolutely terrible but the gameplay mechanics were some of the best to come before or since in a Star Wars game! If the saber and force powers were reworked to mimick those in Battlefront 2, I don't care how many nerfs players would ask for they would be the most fun matches (of any mode) ever!
  • Ryan admitted that J. J. can change it if he wants to. Kylo might not have been telling the truth.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • AzorAhai
    1134 posts Member

GREAT stuff!
  • AzorAhai wrote: »

GREAT stuff!

After hearing Palpatine's laugh in that new episode 9 teaser I am more convinced than ever before that my theory is right.
  • I don’t really know what to expect anymore. Apparently JJ plans to retcon a lot of the decisions made in TLJ so really anything’s possible.

I honestly kinda feel bad for JJ after a lot of his interesting story elements just get eliminated by Rian. I mean I’m no fan of TFA but I could obviously tell a story was trying to be built up here only for interesting plot points to be cut short

My thing is that JJ has a history of setting up twists that he can’t really pay off. Look at Lost, man. There are endless little mystery boxes that just fell by the wayside. He spent like 5 seasons trying to figure out how to pay off all the twists he set up after everyone just figured out they were in purgatory in the first season.

TLJ certainly has its flaws. But I think if this third movie is good it will partly because Rain Johnson did a hard pass on some of the bad JJ setups.

My thing is that JJ has a history of setting up twists that he can’t really pay off. Look at Lost, man. There are endless little mystery boxes that just fell by the wayside. He spent like 5 seasons trying to figure out how to pay off all the twists he set up after everyone just figured out they were in purgatory in the first season.

TLJ certainly has its flaws. But I think if this third movie is good it will partly because Rain Johnson did a hard pass on some of the bad JJ setups.
    We shall see.
    Heroes are born on the battlefront... especially if you play the objective.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • RyanK388
    1368 posts Member
    Rey got sold into slavery by her Parents at a young age, her parents needed a ticket off world because Jakku is like a cesspool of sand and death, The parents Got a passage off the world for the price of one slave girl and Mr. blob fish alien used her as a finder of relics and important parts

Because Force Sensitive’s can generally find better loot than normal people

Rey isn’t special, she was the daughter of two Spacers, grifters, basically nobodies, just two desperate people in need of a way off of Jakku and to better prospects, basically any other planet than Jakku would suffice.

If you use that kind of logic, it makes sense why she was waiting for her parents to come back kind of sad though but it does make sense she was old enough to develop emotional bonds but not enough to remember their names aside from Mom and Dad
  • I actually like the idea of Rey being a nobody and I hope this detail isn’t changed.
  • I hope rey remains a nobody because it is so boring to have her be related to another character. People complain about the galaxy feeling so small in the new movies yet want everyone to be related. Not to mention why do we want to do the mental gymnastics as to why obiwan or han or whoever abandoned her on jakku?