criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order Main Discussion

12346Next

Replies

• I finished the game in 3 days! It's so boring now. For that money, I expected more planets.
  • Iceninja wrote: »
    Just for those who have done a play through. It is worth the 60 dollars? Still on the edge about buying it.

Its good but gets boring after the story I'd wait until the price drops. If it hits 40$ I'd snag it. I finished it in like 3 days but I did story mode and played 8 hours each day.
    Baby Yoda is the absolute greatest character Disney has created.

Baby Yoda is love, Baby Yoda is life.

OOM-9 For Battlefront 2

• Iceninja wrote: »
    Just for those who have done a play through. It is worth the 60 dollars? Still on the edge about buying it.

Yes, but if you are a completionist than I suggest waiting to see if the pre-order dlc becomes available later.

Anyways, here’s my update
    I made my way through the area, met DB-1 and we journeyed to the place where Cal learns to wall run. Then I got a bit lost but eventually found my way and I tried to get the “Cal Got Your Tongue” trophy, but I couldn’t figure out how to do it so I got the trophy where you defeat an enemy solely through the evasive kick (which is harder than it sounds because the kick button is also the lightsaber button) and after quitting I looked up how to get the other trophy (I need force pull)
    I have two questions.
    1. How do you put away your lightsaber?
    2. Since there isn’t a trophy for getting all the Force echoes, is there an in-game notification for when you find them all?
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • Unwarycoin wrote: »
    Iceninja wrote: »

Yes, but if you are a completionist than I suggest waiting to see if the pre-order dlc becomes available later.

I made my way through the area, met DB-1 and we journeyed to the place where Cal learns to wall run. Then I got a bit lost but eventually found my way and I tried to get the “Cal Got Your Tongue” trophy, but I couldn’t figure out how to do it so I got the trophy where you defeat an enemy solely through the evasive kick (which is harder than it sounds because the kick button is also the lightsaber button) and after quitting I looked up how to get the other trophy (I need force pull)
    I have two questions.
    2. Since there isn’t a trophy for getting all the Force echoes, is there an in-game notification for when you find them all?

You use one of the D-pad buttons to sheath the lightsaber. Im not sure about 2

OOM-9 For Battlefront 2

• Excellent game, though saber combat is quite slow when you are used to community requested ultra fast SWBF2017 Samurai Warriors style saber combat, in the launch combat was much slower. I am playing with Jedi Master difficulty and it is fine, not going to playing it through many times, replayability is almost zero with this one. On PC I suggest using fullscreen mode, windowed mode can bring you back to desktop in the middle of combat which is annoying.
  • quenaelin wrote: »
    Excellent game, though saber combat is quite slow when you are used to community requested ultra fast SWBF2017 Samurai Warriors style saber combat, in the launch combat was much slower. I am playing with Jedi Master difficulty and it is fine, not going to playing it through many times, replayability is almost zero with this one. On PC I suggest using fullscreen mode, windowed mode can bring you back to desktop in the middle of combat which is annoying.

Cool,cool. Yeah my biggest gripe is no replayability. I hope they add new planets to explore soon. Like Mygetto or Dagobah.

OOM-9 For Battlefront 2

• I'm seeing a lot of reviews and comments out there describing this as "the best Star Wars game ever" and sure, it's good for Star Wars because it expands the lore, adds new characters, lets you play as a Jedi, and things like that, but as a game I just don't find it all that good.
    The fighting mechanics don't feel like anything new, the climbing/map traversal stuff has been done so many times before, it's very repetitive in terms of the enemies and exploration, the puzzles aren't very puzzling, the game can easily be done in 3 days, and there's no replayability once the game is 100% completed.
    Overall it feels quite lackluster and I think the reason it's getting so much praise is simply because it's a Star Wars game and people have been so desparate for a single-player Star Wars game that it's preventing them from acknowledging its faults when you look at it purely from a gameplay perspective.
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    My Concepts
    Clone Skin Changes | Clone Customisation & Menu | Empire Customisation & Menu
  • Unfortunately the game is not eligible for the game of the year awards this year

I have two questions.

Thanks! I think I hit that button but if you’re in combat he just twirls it around.

Anyways,
    I journeyed to the Jedi Temple, entered the room with the spinning fans on the floor, couldn’t get to the treasure chest, killed my first legendary beast, and made my way to the next planet. Aboard the Mantis, I walked to my seat but it wouldn’t let me sit down so I decided to walk around a bit only to be told that I needed to take a seat (young Skywalker).
    After we landed on an abandoned mining station, I did some more exploring, found some more Stormtroopers, and grinded them for the parry and deflected blaster bolt trophies.
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • I forgot something
    special guest star: Obi-Wan Kenobi’s leftover hollocron
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
    Unwarycoin wrote: »

I have two questions.

Thanks! I think I hit that button but if you’re in combat he just twirls it around.

Anyways,
    I journeyed to the Jedi Temple, entered the room with the spinning fans on the floor, couldn’t get to the treasure chest, killed my first legendary beast, and made my way to the next planet. Aboard the Mantis, I walked to my seat but it wouldn’t let me sit down so I decided to walk around a bit only to be told that I needed to take a seat (young Skywalker).
    After we landed on an abandoned mining station, I did some more exploring, found some more Stormtroopers, and grinded them for the parry and deflected blaster bolt trophies.
    You need the double jump to reach that crate and that comes on your 2nd visit to Kashyyyk. It's also the last ability you acquire and signifies that your connection to the force has been fully restored.
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    My Concepts
    Unwarycoin wrote: »

I have two questions.

Anyways,
    You need the double jump to reach that crate and that comes on your 2nd visit to Kashyyyk. It's also the last ability you acquire and signifies that your connection to the force has been fully restored.

Thanks (also, I probably shouldn’t have hit that. I read about the double jump, but I didn’t know it’s significance).
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • Here’s another update.
    I made my way to the temple, explored, had a hard time getting the “Kickoff” trophy, entered the temple, fought a guardian bot, learned Force push, and solved the ball puzzles after lots of trial and error. After making it outside I kept force pushing the rocket launcher trooper’s missiles back at him for the explosive kills trophy. I then made my way to the open area with the sentry trooper, and I force pushed all the enemies and respawned them until I got 25 kills by pushing my enemies off edges (and I accidentally defeated an enemy by knocking it into another one in the process). Now that I don’t have to be so cautious to get a perfect parry, I’ve been getting more reckless against scout troopers. I eventually made my way to the Mantis and traveled to Kashyyyk. To my surprise, I got to hijack an AT-AT and I thought I was stuck when I couldn’t escape the central room (I found my way out), after blasting stuff with the walker I boarded the Mantis, customized my lightsaber, saved my progress, and called it a day.

I’m actually trying to use every lightsaber part at least once, but I already forgot which parts I used.
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • I just played some more.
    It was a long play session, but I forgot a bit. I explored Kashyyyk and saved the Wookiees, I then left to Boromir, and after hearing of the Nightsisters I knew it was the home planet of Darth Maul. After a bit of exploring and a few run-ins with the Nightbrothers, I met a traveler (who seems to be Eno Cordova) and I upgraded to the two bladed lightsaber, then I traveled to Zeffo and learned the Second Sister’s true identity, Cere’s apprentice (Cere did seem suspicious to me). After making my way through the temple and acquiring force pull, I tried to get the “what goes around” trophy. I was eventually ambushed by a bounty hunter and was taken to the planet run by a gang that’s after our captain. After finding BD-1 I managed to escape and had to fight for my captor’s amusement (it’s not so bad, my captor sent one of those giant frog things, and since I have force pull “Cal got your toung” was a breeze) I eventually defeated the bounty hunter and was saved by the Mantis, and I landed on Kashyyyk, but there was a problem I need help with.

After landing, I saw a Force echo and heard the Second Sister execute an insurgent, but it won’t get added to my data log. Is that supposed to happen? I tried looking up an answer, but there isn’t much information online and in the process of looking I think I spoiled the list of planets for myself.
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • I think I'm about halfway through and loving it! I will definitely be doing a second play through at increased difficulty

I jumped straight in on the hardest setting.. :smile:

giphy.gif

I have two questions.

2. You can check on the map if the area you are in is 100% complete. If you missed a force echo it will not be complete.
  • I was raised on DF2 : Jedi Knight, Jedi Outcast and KOTOR/KOTOR2.

This is possibly the best SW of all time and most definitely the best SW game since 2005.

Yes. It's worth your money.
    It bridges the gap between the prequels and originals perfectly, smartly avoiding any cringe elements the PT introduced. You feel as a Jedi every step of the way in the sense that you must constantly overcome your fears. Any area, any enemy could end with you dying. Lot's of lore and easter eggs.

I am now in 35+ h and about 95% complete. Going to a 100 without the help of the internet will take 40+ for sure.
    But that's me.

Played on Jedi Master.
  • CeymalRen wrote: »
    It bridges the gap between the prequels and originals perfectly, smartly avoiding any cringe elements the PT introduced. You feel as a Jedi every step of the way in the sense that you must constantly overcome your fears. Any area, any enemy could end with you dying. Lot's of lore and easter eggs.

The only "cringe elements" the PT had were Midichlorians, Jar Jar, Padme & Anakin's relationship, and some pretty wonky dialogue. Easy enough to avoid all this so I don't quite get what your point about this was or why it was necessary to bring it up. Also, much of the lore and easter eggs featured in the game are from the PT and the CW series.
    CeymalRen wrote: »
    I am now in 35+ h and about 95% complete. Going to a 100 without the help of the internet will take 40+ for sure.

Getting 100% on the maps without a walkthrough is pretty easy, I did it, but the terrarium seeds might require some assistance especially since they grow whilst your exploring the planets and if you 100% before planting all seeds you pretty much just have to stand on the planet for a couple of hours to get them to grow. That's what happened to me with the last couple of seeds I got.
    My Concepts
  • CeymalRen
    1201 posts Member
    edited November 2019

The only "cringe elements" the PT had were Midichlorians, Jar Jar, Padme & Anakin's relationship, and some pretty wonky dialogue. Easy enough to avoid all this so I don't quite get what your point about this was or why it was necessary to bring it up. Also, much of the lore and easter eggs featured in the game are from the PT and the CW series.

Getting 100% on the maps without a walkthrough is pretty easy, I did it, but the terrarium seeds might require some assistance especially since they grow whilst your exploring the planets and if you 100% before planting all seeds you pretty much just have to stand on the planet for a couple of hours to get them to grow. That's what happened to me with the last couple of seeds I got.

I mean no disrespect here friend but there are many people who would disagree with you. Most of the prequels are cringe in my opinion. Especially their aesthetic and visual design. But also they ruined the Jedi for years. I know there are many people who are excited about PT elements in the game but also many people who were concerned with that aspect. That includes me. Ultimately it did not bother me. So I felt like that's a big deal and therefore worth mentioning.

All echoes, seeds, chests and secrets and achievements is not a walk in the park for me. I don't know what kind of an uber player you are but I believe most people will have some trouble with that.

I mean no disrespect here friend but there are many people who would disagree with you. Most of the prequels are cringe in my opinion. Especially their aesthetic and visual design. But also they ruined the Jedi for years. I know there are many people who are excited about PT elements in the game but also many people who were concerned with that aspect. That includes me. Ultimately it did not bother me. So I felt like that's a big deal and therefore worth mentioning.

All echoes, seeds, chests and secrets and achievements is not a walk in the park for me. I don't know what kind of an uber player you are but I believe most people will have some trouble with that.

What's wrong with the visual design? That, for me, is one of the strongest aspects of the PT because it helps to make it feel different from the OT unlike the ST which just repackages the designs of the OT and tries to call it "new". It also made the Jedi more badass by showcasing what prime, fully-trained Jedi can do and this has had greater influence on how both Jedi and Sith have been depicted in video games, TV shows, comics, and books.
    For a game that is set after the Jedi Purge, it's odd to me that people would be "concerned" about this game making reference to it and the events of the PT. I mean, did people really think they'd just gloss over it and not mention it at all, or not have it play a major role in the story? It's one of the biggest moments in all of Star Wars lore and informs the events of this game, so I really don't know what some people were expecting.
    As for completing the game, I just meticulously comb every part of a map to make sure I don't miss anything and always look out for parts that I can jump, wall run, swing across, and climb. The only reason I fell behind with terrarium seeds was because I planted my last 2 after completing Zeffo, one of which I needed help finding as it wasn't in a very obvious place, but at that point I had done all the maps so I just went and stood on Ilum for a couple of hours before going back to the Mantis to get the Green Thumb trophy and then the platinum trophy.
    My Concepts

What's wrong with the visual design? That, for me, is one of the strongest aspects of the PT because it helps to make it feel different from the OT unlike the ST which just repackages the designs of the OT and tries to call it "new". It also made the Jedi more badass by showcasing what prime, fully-trained Jedi can do and this has had greater influence on how both Jedi and Sith have been depicted in video games, TV shows, comics, and books.
    For a game that is set after the Jedi Purge, it's odd to me that people would be "concerned" about this game making reference to it and the events of the PT. I mean, did people really think they'd just gloss over it and not mention it at all, or not have it play a major role in the story? It's one of the biggest moments in all of Star Wars lore and informs the events of this game, so I really don't know what some people were expecting.
    As for completing the game, I just meticulously comb every part of a map to make sure I don't miss anything and always look out for parts that I can jump, wall run, swing across, and climb. The only reason I fell behind with terrarium seeds was because I planted my last 2 after completing Zeffo, one of which I needed help finding as it wasn't in a very obvious place, but at that point I had done all the maps so I just went and stood on Ilum for a couple of hours before going back to the Mantis to get the Green Thumb trophy and then the platinum trophy.

I dunno. Jedi making silly decisions, being arrogant D bags and wearing moisture farmer robes is not what I imagined when old Ben spoke of the guardians of peace and justice in ANH. As for the rest; the design used in OT and ST is Star Wars to me. PT just looks silly. I will give them points for trying. But it does not work for me.
  • Makir1000 wrote: »
    I finished the game in 3 days! It's so boring now. For that money, I expected more planets.

A least you dragged it out to 3 days...

giphy.gif

• DarthJ
    6919 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Just finished it myself....I didnt pay for it as its an early Christmas present. But I would say its a good game, maybe not worth the full £50 if I paid for it. I'm mopping up after the story and the only replayability I will get is starting it all again.

I quite like the combat, although it (and the camera) can be clunky in tight or narrow areas. Story is very good. Exploration is fun but can get tiresome once you realise a lot of the enemies per planet have the same variant on a different planet i.e. attacks or abilities they perform.

I do like the thought out parts of combat i.e. spoiler warning!
    how you have to generally be fairly defensive against Trilla as she has a strong block bar that is tough to get down without her countering and destroying you, whereas you could be more gung ho against Malicos as his block isnt great and you need to stagger him to do damage. And then theres the Purge Trooper variants

Overall a good game, just wish it had more replayability. Hope to see some DLC. I think it helped that the game felt like Star Wars meets Uncharted, as I love Uncharted.
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • DarthJ
    6919 posts Member
    Also, find sometimes the graphics are great, but then sometimes they are poor for this year and gen
    like some parts of Zeffo are amazing to look at, as is Dathomir and Ilum. Whereas Kashyyyk looks subpar most of the time, mainly the tree leaves and the Wookiees. Theres also a part of Zeffo that looks subpar, near the landing pad. The wind on the hill looks like a physical white tube. And then Bogano looks poor at times
  • Thanks to my YouTube recommendations, I think I know how the game is going to end, and since I’m at the start of Chapter 4, I really didn’t want to know.
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • Anyone know if you can change the controls on Xbox One, I hate the default controls for it
  • Anyone know if you can change the controls on Xbox One, I hate the default controls for it
    You can. Press start than go to settings you should see a picture of a controller. At the bottom there is a button that says edit controls
  • I just had another play session.
    after learning that the bounty hunter glitch is going to be fixed and I don’t have to start a new save file, I set off to meet Tarfful (somehow spellcheck knew when I didn’t even know myself, I wonder if it’s adaptive?)... and I got lost, ended up back where I started, and eventually found my way to the Origin Tree, where a bunch of plants and stormtroopers tried to kill me. I eventually met Tarfful and started ascending the tree, until finding a resting part and decided to call it a day. Also, I was ambushed by a bounty hunter (two of them!), so I think I was unaffected (though I heard there was a special encounter that also didn’t spawn, and I don’t know who it is nor do I want to know.
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • lowell
    1933 posts Member
    Respawn could already be developing a sequel game, due to new job listings:

https://www.gamesradar.com/star-wars-jedi-fallen-order-sequel/
  • lowell wrote: »
    Respawn could already be developing a sequel game, due to new job listings:

https://www.gamesradar.com/star-wars-jedi-fallen-order-sequel/

or hopefully DLC? Although I think a sequel is more likely out of the 2
  • What are your Lightsaber designs.
    I’m far from my Xbox so I can’t show mine but the material is made of Haysian Smelt and the hilt is power and control, oh and
    Cere’s
    switch has been removed
  • I had two more play sessions.
    • I climbed the Origin Tree and got to an area near three spider monsters and a weird slug thing, where I tried to get triple take on some flame beetles in close proximity, eventually I succeeded twice but I didn’t get my trophy so I continued onwards.
    • Eventually I rode a giant bird to the top and was ambushed by the Ninth Sister and almost died during the fight.
    • After succeeding, I made my way to the Mantis and found three rocket troopers next to each other, so I tried to slice them with the light saber throw, but one kept surviving so I had to go down the zip line, rest, climb some vines and go back up the zip line and repeat until I could defeat them properly, earning me Triple Take. Also, at the Imperial Refinery I got Can’t Touch this and Don’t Mess With BD.
    • After boarding the Mantis I went to Dathomir. I got lost looking for the temple that I found prior, but I eventually found it... but was sent down before I could enter it.
    • Apparently there are zombies now (more accurately, zombie witches).
    • I made my way to an area where there were nightbrother archers who kept shooting their unblockable shots at me, except for one that only fires once every eternity. So I finally made my way down.
    • After some more trekking I fought a giant bat monster, found some climbing gear, rode the giant bat monster, and made my way to the temple.
    • Inside the temple, I tried to open the door but it was locked. After trying to open the door, a rest spot appeared behind me, so I used it... only to be taken to Cal’s past after leaving it.
    • I had a hard time completing the platforming test, but eventually succeeded... and then Order 66 was executed and I had to escape the clones.
    • I tried to escape, but Cal’s Master didn’t make it. I was then taken to this weird place where I had to defeat Jaro, but he was acting strange (also his outfit is similar to Anakin and Obi-Wan’s outfit from the Clone Wars Series, which is a nice touch).
    • After defeating Jaro, Cal woke up and decided to leave, but he was confronted by the cloaked stranger (who is not Eno Cordova). He wanted me to join him, but the nightsister wasn’t happy (since he told her that the Jedi are evil and then decided to recruit one to the fold), so she had an army of zombies attack us, and I didn’t have my lightsaber.
    • There were also some nightbrothers, but I couldn’t fight them because I didn’t have enough force power for a force pull Force push combo, and they were immune to the Force push by itself.
    • After spending a lot of time trying to knock three zombies off the edge with Force push, I managed to get to the Mantis and escape.
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • I had another Fallen Order play session and now the story is over... finished, but it never ends there because there’s still getting the platinum, 100% completing the various planets, and tackling the harder difficulties.
    • Cal rebuilds his lightsaber, and he can split his lightsaber in half for a devastating blow.
    • Cal faced his dark side, befriended the Ninghtsister, Merrin, and with her help defeats the Fallen Jedi who’s name I forget.
    • While making my way back to the Mantis, I decided not to fight the Nightsister zombies and Nightbrothers because I thought it would be wrong to attack them after befriending Merrin.
    • I got a bit lost and ended up in the Nightbrother village before finally reaching the Mantis.
    • I finally found the holocron, but not before getting a disturbing vision.
    • Trilla ambushed me and stole the holocron, and Cal got to sense her pain and hatred by grabbing her lightsaber.
    • I commenced the final siege on the dark side fortress, and after defeating Trilla she was willing to make amends... and was killed by Darth Vader, who then seemingly killed Cere.
    • The final confrontation begins, and because I watched Fallen Order videos my recommended list showed a video showing what happens when you don’t run from him (before I knew the dark lord would even show up... nice.), I didn’t watch the video to avoid spoilers, but I decided to see what happens. He force chokes you and you die instantly.
    • This fight is a shining example that sometimes when the going gets tough, then it’s time to get lost.
    • Cal escaped Vader by riding a lift... but the Sith Lord was waiting for him behind a door.
    • Cere came to the rescue, but almost lost herself to the dark side (and it seemed like it only caught Vader off guard). Cal managed to help Cere regain her composure and they both escaped... but they almost drowned, thankfully the nightsister (who I forgot to mention joined the crew of the Mantis) saved the day!
    • At the end Cal decides to destroy the holocron, so the Force can guide the children where ever they need to go.
    • After the credits rolled, I checked went back to check my collected logs (also, I forgot to mention that for the Fortress that I’ve avoided naming directly because I don’t know how to spell it, I equipped Cal with Jaro’s completed saber and his starting outfit because I thought it had the most sentimental value to him).
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • I recently got all the chests, secrets, and completed the holomap of Bogano, but there’s still more to do on the planet (I wish BD kept track of Force Echoes and scans).
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • I found the rest of the databank entries on Bogano and completed the map of Dathomir (with all chests and secrets) over two play sessions.
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • Does anyone know what the complete list of premium content is? I know about the pre-Order stuff, the deluxe edition stuff, the Vanguard skins, and the Tundra BD-1 skin (I also read mention of a tundra Mantis skin from the Fallen Order wiki and someone on answers.EA, but I can only see images of the tundra BD-1 card that had the codes on it, so I don’t know if the tundra Mantis even exists).
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
    Does anyone know what the complete list of premium content is? I know about the pre-Order stuff, the deluxe edition stuff, the Vanguard skins, and the Tundra BD-1 skin (I also read mention of a tundra Mantis skin from the Fallen Order wiki and someone on answers.EA, but I can only see images of the tundra BD-1 card that had the codes on it, so I don’t know if the tundra Mantis even exists).

Alright, I have my answer. The Tundra Mantis exists!
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
    (I wish BD kept track of Force Echoes and scans).

Doesn't the pause menu have a section where you can view all the Force echoes and scans? I remember a screen where I had 1, 3, 4 and 5, but was missing scan 2. So I think with a little detective work, you could figure out where scan 2 is. Did you get the trophy for "kicking" that one goat animal? I couldn't get it to kick me, then I accidentally killed it, and couldn't find another one. In all the story, I never once kicked an enemy.
    "Rise."