criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

To people who hate the sequels

Prev1
Cane_danko
1116 posts Member
It is fine to hate whatever movies but if you get your rocks off on bashing people who like these movies it is probably safe to say you are the real problem with star wars. And just so you know i love the sequels. Rey is my favorite star wars character. And i get my rocks off on how many of you hate me for it.

P.s. rose tico is cool too. Fight me

Replies

• TjPunx
    1531 posts Member
    In b4 lock
  • I don't like the sequels but I absolutely understand why they are an important part of the game and I have nothing bad to say against it - in regards of the role they cover in the game;
    as shouldn't anyone else - since games and movies are two different things.
  • TjPunx wrote: »
    In b4 lock

Ditto.
    Heroes are born on the battlefront... especially if you play the objective.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • Cane_danko
    1116 posts Member
    Baiting? Yeah. Though i just want to get it out there because the troll/haters think we are suppose to be scared of their mob mentality. Honestly, while i love the sequel, i can nitpick and point out problems with them. The same can be said of all the movies. And don’t even get me started on the eu. Half of it was garbage and disney is doing right by taking what is cool and dumping all the garbage. You talk about objectivity and facts and yet the fact is the sequels are making money and are the future of star wars. You bash people in a cowardly attempt to hide your whining about movies that you don’t have to watch. Not to mention still hung up on a franchise you can’t even find anything to enjoy. I guess i am the loser though because i enjoyed the canto bight sub plot
  • Cane_danko wrote: »
    It is fine to hate whatever movies but if you get your rocks off on bashing people who like these movies it is probably safe to say you are the real problem with star wars. And just so you know i love the sequels. Rey is my favorite star wars character. And i get my rocks off on how many of you hate me for it.

Agreed
  • I don't dislike the Force Awakens as much as I wish that it could have been better.

I very much dislike Last Jedi because it was just awful and I could spend hours going over why.

In the end, it is canon now. But the only thing I dislike about it is the general writing and overall, complete lack of lore knowledge or ability to craft a story or.... dang it, I promised myself I wouldn't rant.

It IS a beautiful movie, the locations are awesome and make for great map locations. The characters themselves, had they been better written, would be outstanding (the actors portraying them deserve kudos for doing what they could with the script).

If you like them, cool. If you wanna talk about them, cool. My opinion is that The Last Jedi was made by someone who either hates Star Wars or has actually never seen a Star Wars movie before.
  • bfloo
    15009 posts Member
    I don't dislike the Force Awakens as much as I wish that it could have been better.

I very much dislike Last Jedi because it was just awful and I could spend hours going over why.

In the end, it is canon now. But the only thing I dislike about it is the general writing and overall, complete lack of lore knowledge or ability to craft a story or.... dang it, I promised myself I wouldn't rant.

It IS a beautiful movie, the locations are awesome and make for great map locations. The characters themselves, had they been better written, would be outstanding (the actors portraying them deserve kudos for doing what they could with the script).

If you like them, cool. If you wanna talk about them, cool. My opinion is that The Last Jedi was made by someone who either hates Star Wars or has actually never seen a Star Wars movie before.

I pretty much agree.

I don't so much dislike the characters as I find them undeveloped with no reason to care what happens to them.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• CC_1010
    1057 posts Member
    I like the new movies. But my favourite Era is still “Zeh CLoN waR”.
    It has so much to offer.
  • Cane_danko
    1116 posts Member
    Well, people hated the prequels when they first came out. A lot of people still do. I don’t care if they do or don’t because i enjoy them. I could go into what i don’t like about them like hayden christianson’s acting but what is the point really? It is just my opinion and it should not have any bearing on any of your enjoyment or dislike of the films. I just have a real distaste for the type of fan who tries to make their personal taste into what the rest of us should think. I hated it during the prequels and i hate it even more now.
  • tribblz
    61 posts Member
    I like the sequels too, but I just recognize that they could have been better as far as the "star wars" feel goes.
  • Evo911
    260 posts Member
    The only positive scene that i remember from the last jedi is Crait.
    But it is at the end only a generational conflict.
    My daughter is all about Rey and kylo ren, when I was born with luke, Han, vador

• Legolas79391
    758 posts Member
    edited April 9
    Lore design for the timeline is good, but the movies depict it horribly. Unfortunetly, Luke got mercilesly butchered. If they'll ''do the Luke'' with Lando, I'll be very sad.

8dh69o72w6hm.jpg

• I agree, the toxicity of moan from these kinds of people recently have done their part in ruining the fun of SW more than a movie ever could. But whatevs....I like em.
  • I dislike the sequels because Rey is a Mary Sue she is so powerful with so little training it took years for anakin to learn the force. Luke is a bumbling fool who tries to kill his nephew because he senses a little bit of darkness in his nephew.
  • I dislike the sequels because Rey is a Mary Sue she is so powerful with so little training it took years for anakin to learn the force. Luke is a bumbling fool who tries to kill his nephew because he senses a little bit of darkness in his nephew.

Seems the galaxy would have been better off if he did kill him. Kylo is kind of a murderer and the seeds were sewn from Snoke when Luke "sensed" his immediate future. Rey.......yeah they still haven't explained why she is so gifted yet, but we haven't even seen what it all plays into yet. Doesn't mean she's super fast and incredibly skilled just because "Disney gives us Mary Sue's" or whatever.
  • tribblz wrote: »
    I like the sequels too, but I just recognize that they could have been better as far as the "star wars" feel goes.

You could say that about literally any movie ever! “Could have been better”, still doesn’t change the fact they’re good movies
  • Force Awakens is just a recast of the original Star Wars, but i kind of like both Rey and Kylo. The endning is iconic and so fitting. Seeing Luke again at the end made my eyes watery.

It's better than the prequels as it has some real emotions in it. The prequels only have aged computer graphics. Kamino looks better in this game than in the movie.

TLJ has some of the worst scenes in Star Wars history but also some really great ones. Luke is great in this one. A bitter old man just like the one i'm gonna become myself when i grow old.
  • JediJam
    393 posts Member
    I don't like the sequels as they basically make the originals meaningless. We had this big epic, iconic trilogy where Luke, leia and solo struggle to overthrow the empire and against the odds they succeed. But now, in the time it took for solo and leia's son to grow up a new and seemingly bigger empire has been started completely undoing all that had happened in the originals and making the outcome relatively meaningless.

Also I find the characters to be far too bland. They seem very clichéd. What made luke such a great character was that he was a nobody and he was massively flawed and didn't really know what to do most the time so when he fights vader it seems like an actual struggle. Like when he's clinging to edge in bespin or where the emperor is electrocuting him. And its same with other characters like han who was just a smuggler, and Annakin who had his temper and wasn't fully trained. But then we have Ray who despite that she's portrayed as a nobody she always seems to know exactly what to do and how to do it and seems to already be as powerful and as skilled as she would ever need to be.

Also finn who is basically just rubbish storm trooper but now he's this really noble guy who would do anything for the resistance and not to mention the fact he was able to hold his own against Kylo ren. Despite basically being a storm trooper. Imagine if a storm trooper tried to fight vader.

Also can someone explain why in the force awakens why there was a map pin pointing exactly where luke was hiding. Did luke make it? Cos that's not a great way to hide. And why was there a very conveniently missing jig saw like peice missing from the map that happened to be the bit where luke was.

Also that scene with finn, rose, phasma and bb8 when finn and rose were about to be executed but bb8 manages to blow up the entire room killing all the storm troopers and everyone else in the room except for finn, Rose phasma and bb8. Hmmm... Very convenient 😅

I'm sort of glad they're making star wars films again cos I live star wars but I don't really think much of them.
  • JediJam
    393 posts Member
    Also I don't like the way luke (who spent the originals trying to convince darth vader to leave the dark side) decides to try and kill his nephew because he felt a bit suspicious.
    Baiting? Yeah. Though i just want to get it out there because the troll/haters think we are suppose to be scared of their mob mentality. Honestly, while i love the sequel, i can nitpick and point out problems with them. The same can be said of all the movies. And don’t even get me started on the eu. Half of it was garbage and disney is doing right by taking what is cool and dumping all the garbage. You talk about objectivity and facts and yet the fact is the sequels are making money and are the future of star wars. You bash people in a cowardly attempt to hide your whining about movies that you don’t have to watch. Not to mention still hung up on a franchise you can’t even find anything to enjoy. I guess i am the loser though because i enjoyed the canto bight sub plot

But who here has done any of this? I can't help but feel like you're yelling at non existent trolls on this forum.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • Relikk
    229 posts Member
    TFA was alright. TLJ is one of the worst Star Wars movies, only second to Attack of the Clones. It's a disgrace.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    du2UASv.gif
  • JediJam wrote: »
    I don't like the sequels as they basically make the originals meaningless. We had this big epic, iconic trilogy where Luke, leia and solo struggle to overthrow the empire and against the odds they succeed. But now, in the time it took for solo and leia's son to grow up a new and seemingly bigger empire has been started completely undoing all that had happened in the originals and making the outcome relatively meaningless.

Also I find the characters to be far too bland. They seem very clichéd. What made luke such a great character was that he was a nobody and he was massively flawed and didn't really know what to do most the time so when he fights vader it seems like an actual struggle. Like when he's clinging to edge in bespin or where the emperor is electrocuting him. And its same with other characters like han who was just a smuggler, and Annakin who had his temper and wasn't fully trained. But then we have Ray who despite that she's portrayed as a nobody she always seems to know exactly what to do and how to do it and seems to already be as powerful and as skilled as she would ever need to be.

Also finn who is basically just rubbish storm trooper but now he's this really noble guy who would do anything for the resistance and not to mention the fact he was able to hold his own against Kylo ren. Despite basically being a storm trooper. Imagine if a storm trooper tried to fight vader.

Also can someone explain why in the force awakens why there was a map pin pointing exactly where luke was hiding. Did luke make it? Cos that's not a great way to hide. And why was there a very conveniently missing jig saw like peice missing from the map that happened to be the bit where luke was.

Also that scene with finn, rose, phasma and bb8 when finn and rose were about to be executed but bb8 manages to blow up the entire room killing all the storm troopers and everyone else in the room except for finn, Rose phasma and bb8. Hmmm... Very convenient 😅

I'm sort of glad they're making star wars films again cos I live star wars but I don't really think much of them.

Jedi jam? i think you and me could be best buds, because I too hate.....No I despise, the so called new Trilogy, for various reasons.....for me star wars ended with episode 6. I love the original trilogy, the clone wars, rebels, rogue one and the solo movie. basically anything before 7,8, and 9. the new trilogy to me is a very bad fan fiction, that i don't consider cannon. plus i grew up with the original trilogy, watching the old VHS box set, that we had. and i watched the clone wars and rebels series and loved them. but disney has destroyed watch George Lucas created all those years ago, in my eyes at least.
  • JediJam wrote: »

Jedi jam? i think you and me could be best buds, because I too hate.....No I despise, the so called new Trilogy, for various reasons.....for me star wars ended with episode 6. I love the original trilogy, the clone wars, rebels, rogue one and the solo movie. basically anything before 7,8, and 9. the new trilogy to me is a very bad fan fiction, that i don't consider cannon. plus i grew up with the original trilogy, watching the old VHS box set, that we had. and i watched the clone wars and rebels series and loved them. but disney has destroyed watch George Lucas created all those years ago, in my eyes at least.

Me too! Let's all be friends.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • JediJam
    393 posts Member
    JediJam wrote: »

Yay! Friends!
  • ee04cwozmkui.png
    Yay!!

kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • Sequels are so bad, hopefully the next movie saves them
  • ZephanUnbound
    2451 posts Member
    edited April 9
    I don't hate Episode 7, it was an ok movie, kind of just a rehashing of Episode 4, but with new characters that weren't as good as the new characters in episode 4. I hate episode 8 though, it was such a cinematic abortion. Hopefully JJ can deliver on episode 9 and fix the mess that Rian left him with, I would like to see the trilogy end on a high note.

• JadeRaptor64
    1667 posts Member
    edited April 9

Yay! Friends!
    Friends united in our collective anger about The Last Jedi.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • I don't hate Episode 7, it was an ok movie, kind of just a rehashing of Episode 4, but with new characters that weren't as good as the new characters in episode 4. I hate hate episode 8 though, it was such a cinematic abortion. Hopefully JJ can deliver on episode 9 and fix the mess than Rian left him with, I would like to see the trilogy end on a high note.

I will be pleasantly surprised if JJ can stick the landing of this crashing trilogy. I doubt if he can do it.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • What I find interesting is that more people seem to dislike this movie than those who like it, despite claims that the "haters" are a minority.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • I don't hate Episode 7, it was an ok movie, kind of just a rehashing of Episode 4, but with new characters that weren't as good as the new characters in episode 4. I hate hate episode 8 though, it was such a cinematic abortion. Hopefully JJ can deliver on episode 9 and fix the mess than Rian left him with, I would like to see the trilogy end on a high note.

I will be pleasantly surprised if JJ can stick the landing of this crashing trilogy. I doubt if he can do it.

For me at least, I've washed my hands of the entire trilogy. There is nothing he can do to improve it for me. When Luke died from being tired, I was done.

For me at least, I've washed my hands of the entire trilogy. There is nothing he can do to improve it for me. When Luke died from being tired, I was done.

*angrily sighs* Don't even get me started on what they did to Luke...
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • What I find interesting is that more people seem to dislike this movie than those who like it, despite claims that the "haters" are a minority.

Because complainers dont like to shut up. 😁. Let us know how you got that accurate census on who in the world likes and dislikes the movie. But whatever it takes to validate your opinion right?
  • Because the characters are boring looking. None of the main characters look cool.
    Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/TroopperFoFo/ .
    Battlefront 2 , Battlefield and more.
  • ZephanUnbound
    2451 posts Member
    edited April 9
    I don't hate Episode 7, it was an ok movie, kind of just a rehashing of Episode 4, but with new characters that weren't as good as the new characters in episode 4. I hate hate episode 8 though, it was such a cinematic abortion. Hopefully JJ can deliver on episode 9 and fix the mess than Rian left him with, I would like to see the trilogy end on a high note.

Yeah, episode 8 had alot of issues, and I do mean alot, but Luke's death was the biggest of all for me. We already lost Han in 7, why in the world would you kill Luke as well? Especially after Carrie Fisher died in December 2016, they knew at that point that Leia wouldn't be able to properly show up in episode 9, so they had months to cut the scene of Luke dying so that we could have more OT characters alive in 9, and yet they still made the terrible choice to kill him, leaving us with just Chewie, Lando, and some old cut footage of Leia they plan to use for episode 9.

Because complainers dont like to shut up. 😁. Let us know how you got that accurate census on who in the world likes and dislikes the movie. But whatever it takes to validate your opinion right?

I asked my friend group and ask every Star Wars fan I meet. I also frequent the main Star Wars subreddits and this place. It seems like there are more who don't like the movie. That's just my general impression.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • I don’t care if everyone hates it but me because i still love it. I don’t put stock in the mob mentality and people’s reviews of what they think star wars should be.
    I don’t care if everyone hates it but me because i still love it. I don’t put stock in the mob mentality and people’s reviews of what they think star wars should be.

That's fine. You are entitled to your opinion after all.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • I don't like the sequels especially...but as Battlefront, it needs more content. Heroes and maps. Maybe Hux and Rose (for example, I know we all hate Rose) as heroes, and Snoke's ship, which would include Snoke's throne room for HvV.
    Where's the offline content?
    ehwmyfbp0dvm.gif

Who are you referring to? Are you inventing fake haters? I strongly disliked TLJ, but I don't hate you for liking it -- even if you are crazy ;) :p
    My name is Bob

• JediJulius
    504 posts Member
    edited April 10
    I like The Force Awakens, Rogue One, and even kind of liked Solo, so I like to think I don't have some Disney hate mentality or anything. I just can't bring myself to like the Last Jedi. It seems like for every one thing the Last Jedi did right (and there were a few things it did ok), it just had to do two or three things that were less than good.

That's a better opinion than most of my friends though, who hate TLJ and TFA through and through. Outside of reusing some Episode 4 (Death Star III?), I was quite immersed in TFA and excited to see where it would go. After Episode 8 though, I certainly don't care about what happens in Episode 9 (barring a retcon or Luke being alive again somehow).
    Post edited by JediJulius on

I love the Sequels as well. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but I don't get why some people transfer all their hate for the Sequel movies to the Sequel era in Battlefront 2, it's not like there is a plot to hate on or anything like that. I know some people who hate TLJ say that they love Crait in the game.
    P.S: I secretly want Rose Tico in the game
    A thousand generations live in you now, but this is your fight.
    mbetxwnmm1qiioixt6xy.gif
  • Sigh..
  • mastery0ta wrote: »
    Sigh..

Indeed...
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • I am referring to everyone on the internet and this site who wants to think that every time we bring up our love for the sequels that mobbing us will have a change on our outlook towards the film. If someone brings up the desire for sequel content about this game it is the same people saying “the st we only need clone wars era content because ahsoka”. Like i get it. People hated on you then for liking the prequels. I did not.
    I am referring to everyone on the internet and this site who wants to think that every time we bring up our love for the sequels that mobbing us will have a change on our outlook towards the film. If someone brings up the desire for sequel content about this game it is the same people saying “the st we only need clone wars era content because ahsoka”. Like i get it. People hated on you then for liking the prequels. I did not.

Venting here about the entire internetprobably isn't very productive.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!