criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Will you watch Episode IX when it comes out?

Prev1
I personally will not. No interest in the characters or the story. Rey will beat Kylo Ren again proving how overpowered she is. Lando will most likely die and most importantly the chances of anything exciting happening or any significant character development will be slim. So, will you watch Episode IX?

Replies

  • I might watch it in theaters, but for sure I'll rent it. I'm cautiously optimistic.
    Heroes are born on the battlefront... especially if you play the objective.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • OcDoc
    737 posts Member
    Heck yes I will!

    Even if it isn’t perfect it is still great entertainment!

    I am cool with expressing opinions but nothing has happened to this point that deserves some sort of boycott IMO. There is still plenty of opportunity to point the ship the right direction.
  • Cadoth
    784 posts Member
    Yeah, why not
  • rollind24
    5021 posts Member
    I’ll be there opening night
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • Yeah probably
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    au1nfqtfyt82.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • I will watch it because it's Star Wars, but I'm not nearly as excited about it currently as I have been about any previous Star Wars movie. After episode 8 it is hard to be excited, it is hard to imagine JJ actually salvaging the mess that Rian left him with.

    That’s pretty much how I feel though I’m excited for possible prequel references or prequel characters such as anakin making an appearance.
  • I give every Star Wars movie a chance so yes. What if the ninth one is like Solo, but no one watches it because TLJ was terrible.
    “The force is with me and I am one with the force. I fear nothing because everything is as the Force wills it to be.” -Chirrut Imwe
  • I will. I have every other Star Wars movie on DVD so I may as well complete the set.
  • Vespervin wrote: »
    No. I lost all interested in this new Star Wars after watching The Last Jedi. The only Star Wars content I am excited for is the new season of The Clone Wars.

    The Last Jedi killed a lot of my interest in the franchise as a whole. I am looking forward to the new season of Clone Wars too, and I'm being cautiously optimistic about The Mandalorian.
  • VaderFist501st
    236 posts Member
    edited April 11
    Vespervin wrote: »
    No. I lost all interested in this new Star Wars after watching The Last Jedi. The only Star Wars content I am excited for is the new season of The Clone Wars.

    The Last Jedi killed a lot of my interest in the franchise as a whole. I am looking forward to the new season of Clone Wars too, and I'm being cautiously optimistic about The Mandalorian.
    I’m very optimistic about the mandalorian. I think a show like that has great potential.

    Fun fact: The guy who plays Tony Stark’s head of security in the marvel films (Jon favreau) will be directing the series.
  • rollind24
    5021 posts Member
    Vespervin wrote: »
    No. I lost all interested in this new Star Wars after watching The Last Jedi. The only Star Wars content I am excited for is the new season of The Clone Wars.

    The Last Jedi killed a lot of my interest in the franchise as a whole. I am looking forward to the new season of Clone Wars too, and I'm being cautiously optimistic about The Mandalorian.
    I’m very optimistic about the mandalorian. I think a show like that has great potential.

    Fun fact: The guy who plays Tony Stark’s head of security in the marvel films (Jon favreau) will be directing the series.

    He also has directing experience, Iron Man, Jungle Book are the two that pop in mind
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • rollind24 wrote: »
    Vespervin wrote: »
    No. I lost all interested in this new Star Wars after watching The Last Jedi. The only Star Wars content I am excited for is the new season of The Clone Wars.

    The Last Jedi killed a lot of my interest in the franchise as a whole. I am looking forward to the new season of Clone Wars too, and I'm being cautiously optimistic about The Mandalorian.
    I’m very optimistic about the mandalorian. I think a show like that has great potential.

    Fun fact: The guy who plays Tony Stark’s head of security in the marvel films (Jon favreau) will be directing the series.

    He also has directing experience, Iron Man, Jungle Book are the two that pop in mind

    Exactly. And both of those are really good films which makes me very optimistic about the series. George Lucas was even brought on set a few times which is really cool.
  • jordi1337
    1015 posts Member
    I will but im not as excited as other for other star wars movies or even endgame
  • rollind24 wrote: »
    Vespervin wrote: »
    No. I lost all interested in this new Star Wars after watching The Last Jedi. The only Star Wars content I am excited for is the new season of The Clone Wars.

    The Last Jedi killed a lot of my interest in the franchise as a whole. I am looking forward to the new season of Clone Wars too, and I'm being cautiously optimistic about The Mandalorian.
    I’m very optimistic about the mandalorian. I think a show like that has great potential.

    Fun fact: The guy who plays Tony Stark’s head of security in the marvel films (Jon favreau) will be directing the series.

    He also has directing experience, Iron Man, Jungle Book are the two that pop in mind
    Not to mention the Lion King. Which looks awesome.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • The fact that Jon Favreau is directing The Mandalorian gives me a little bit of hope that it could be good. Marvel have been on fire in terms of keeping the audience mostly happy, so I do hope Mandalorian is good.
  • I'm on the fence when it comes to The Mandalorian. I'm glad Jon Favreau is directing but I don't know if I am going to care about some random Mandalorian. I would've preferred a movie about Boba Fett set years after ROTJ. They would cast Temuera Morrison to return for the role.

    Oh well.
    Failed to connect to EA Online.
  • I am very curious to see how they close the entire Skywalker story so I definately will watch it, even if I didn't watch the previous one. I also heard that Anakin is making an apperance so it's another reason for me to give them one last chance.
  • I actually hope everyone watches it because it may be the last Star Wars ever.
    “The force is with me and I am one with the force. I fear nothing because everything is as the Force wills it to be.” -Chirrut Imwe
  • Iceninja wrote: »
    I actually hope everyone watches it because it may be the last Star Wars ever.

    Oh no... it will surely not be the last. Disney is going to milk this franchise for all it's worth.
    Heroes are born on the battlefront... especially if you play the objective.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • Am I hyped? Not really.
    Will I watch? Yes, on opening night
    "Dude, don't call us plucky, we don't know what it means."
    Devoted worshipper of Haruhi Suzumiya
    Instagram
    Twitter
    DeviantArt
    YouTube
    346z5t0ufg6v.gif
  • Heck no. TLJ was a disgrace
  • I personally will not. No interest in the characters or the story. Rey will beat Kylo Ren again proving how overpowered she is. Lando will most likely die and most importantly the chances of anything exciting happening or any significant character development will be slim. So, will you watch Episode IX?

    You say this as if every Star Wars movie ever didn't end with the good guys winning. Of course the good guys are going to win, these are kids movies.
  • StarWars Disney fatigue has set in for me personally. The new movies feel to much like made for tv episodes imo, that and the fact they have to rely on old characters and nostalgia from 40 years ago to maintain an audience. And besides, what can possibly happen that hasn't already happened.

    Rey whips Kylo’s @ again, or Kylo turns to the light side but dies in the process saving the day, There’s just nothing left imo and they missed any chance of making it great with the old characters imo. I’m sure I’ll watch it eventually just not in theaters.
  • If someone invited me to go then yes. But I am not going to go out of my way to see it. I really don't care enough.
    Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/TroopperFoFo/ .
    Battlefront 2 , Battlefield and more.
  • Iceninja wrote: »
    I actually hope everyone watches it because it may be the last Star Wars ever.

    Oh no... it will surely not be the last. Disney is going to milk this franchise for all it's worth.

    Not the last but Disney claims there will be a hiatus before any new movies come out.

    Anyways, I'll wait a bit on this one. I like Star Wars but I dont care for any of the characters here so......dollar theater or red box.
    Don't click unless you want to know the truth....
  • I personally will not. No interest in the characters or the story. Rey will beat Kylo Ren again proving how overpowered she is. Lando will most likely die and most importantly the chances of anything exciting happening or any significant character development will be slim. So, will you watch Episode IX?

    You say this as if every Star Wars movie ever didn't end with the good guys winning. Of course the good guys are going to win, these are kids movies.

    I'm not saying the good guys should lose. But there should be an arc within the trilogy. For example: First Film: Introduction, we meet the characters, the main protagonist meets the antagonist briefly. Second Film: Protagonist meets the antagonist, the antagonist wins the fight. Third film: Protagonist meets Antagonist again, this time more developed and better prepared. Protagonist wins. End of trilogy. I know I summed up the OT but this is my biggest issue with the ST, there's no failure with Rey. No character development. Just a perfect character that can't lose.
  • DarthJ
    6056 posts Member
    Before the teaser trailer, probably. After it, probably not. Not unless I know which route they are going down. If its tearing up 1-6 then no.
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • OcDoc
    737 posts Member
    I personally will not. No interest in the characters or the story. Rey will beat Kylo Ren again proving how overpowered she is. Lando will most likely die and most importantly the chances of anything exciting happening or any significant character development will be slim. So, will you watch Episode IX?

    You say this as if every Star Wars movie ever didn't end with the good guys winning. Of course the good guys are going to win, these are kids movies.

    I'm not saying the good guys should lose. But there should be an arc within the trilogy. For example: First Film: Introduction, we meet the characters, the main protagonist meets the antagonist briefly. Second Film: Protagonist meets the antagonist, the antagonist wins the fight. Third film: Protagonist meets Antagonist again, this time more developed and better prepared. Protagonist wins. End of trilogy. I know I summed up the OT but this is my biggest issue with the ST, there's no failure with Rey. No character development. Just a perfect character that can't lose.

    On the surface I think it can look this way. I really think Johnson was making a modification to that by making the protagonist the light side and the antagonist the dark side.

    If darkness grows, light will rise up to meet it and vice versa. The force will always balance itself. So the proper take on this is who will fair the best when the force balances itself.

    We sort of know who will fair best but what we don’t know is if either side will truly understand why. That is the part of the story I like the most.

  • Only if future trailers show Rey & Kylo kissing
    xfte456set2r.jpg
    "Dude, don't call us plucky, we don't know what it means."
    Devoted worshipper of Haruhi Suzumiya
    Instagram
    Twitter
    DeviantArt
    YouTube
    346z5t0ufg6v.gif
  • VaderFist501st
    236 posts Member
    edited April 15
    Only if future trailers show Rey & Kylo kissing
    xfte456set2r.jpg

    I’ve always kinda had a feeling this could be how episode IX ends.
    Post edited by VaderFist501st on
  • ^I am not a Reylo fan at all. Why in the hell would she ever fall for Kylo? She literally watched the man murder his own father in cold blood. He literally tried to mind **** her episode 7. Rey-Finn all the way for me.
  • ^I am not a Reylo fan at all. Why in the hell would she ever fall for Kylo? She literally watched the man murder his own father in cold blood. He literally tried to mind **** her episode 7. Rey-Finn all the way for me.
    My sister’s ship is Rey-Poe.
    Heroes are born on the battlefront... especially if you play the objective.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • Only if future trailers show Rey & Kylo kissing
    xfte456set2r.jpg

    fsyck7bofnon.gif

    Ew. I will never get behind this. If that happens in Episode IX then I will be quite miffed.
    Heroes are born on the battlefront... especially if you play the objective.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • I personally will not. No interest in the characters or the story. Rey will beat Kylo Ren again proving how overpowered she is. Lando will most likely die and most importantly the chances of anything exciting happening or any significant character development will be slim. So, will you watch Episode IX?

    woooohooo i agree jonnyrankin. you stated it perfect. the new trilogy sucks.
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited April 15
    Who else thinks that the whole force will balance itself is a cheesy and wacked idea? The force doesn't differentiate good from evil. Evil or good is all a point of view. Force doesn't decide who is right or wrong, but who is capable enough to use it.
  • Who else thinks that the whole force will balance itself is a cheesy and wacko idea? The force doesn't differentiate good from evil. Evil or good is all a point of view.

    ujctxq6d7eqd.gif
    Heroes are born on the battlefront... especially if you play the objective.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • I personally will not. No interest in the characters or the story. Rey will beat Kylo Ren again proving how overpowered she is. Lando will most likely die and most importantly the chances of anything exciting happening or any significant character development will be slim. So, will you watch Episode IX?

    You say this as if every Star Wars movie ever didn't end with the good guys winning. Of course the good guys are going to win, these are kids movies.

    I'm not saying the good guys should lose. But there should be an arc within the trilogy. For example: First Film: Introduction, we meet the characters, the main protagonist meets the antagonist briefly. Second Film: Protagonist meets the antagonist, the antagonist wins the fight. Third film: Protagonist meets Antagonist again, this time more developed and better prepared. Protagonist wins. End of trilogy. I know I summed up the OT but this is my biggest issue with the ST, there's no failure with Rey. No character development. Just a perfect character that can't lose.

    dude thats what i think too, i hate rey because of that.... shes is more powerfull the luke and anakin with no.... and i repeat no training. its a abomination these so called new trilogy.....A.K.A star wars episode 7, 8, and 9.
  • Yeah that's how it should be. There should be no consciousness that gets to distribute force equally between "good and bad" and make random people powerful just because.
  • there are sooooooo many reasons i hate and despise the star wars ripoff trilogy. that its to a point where in my mind the new trilogy doesn't exists. and its a poorly made fan fiction and not part of the star wars universe and cannon..... for me star wars ended with star wars episode 6. and ill watch anything before episode 6. plus i grew up watching the original trilogy years ago when i still had the VHS box set. i love star wars episode, 1,2,3,4,5,6 and rogue one, the clone wars, star wars rebel, and the solo film. basicly anything that george lucas made before disney took over
  • Who else thinks that the whole force will balance itself is a cheesy and wacked idea? The force doesn't differentiate good from evil. Evil or good is all a point of view. Force doesn't decide who is right or wrong, but who is capable enough to use it.

    I mean the force isn’t really out of balance currently.
  • Will I watch Star Wars IX?
    giphy.gif
    "I'm Luke Skywalker. I'm here to rescue you!"
  • Of course I will. I can't wait!
  • DarthJ
    6056 posts Member
    Who else thinks that the whole force will balance itself is a cheesy and wacked idea? The force doesn't differentiate good from evil. Evil or good is all a point of view. Force doesn't decide who is right or wrong, but who is capable enough to use it.

    That idea was only brought in due to poor ideas and writing on how to make Rey all powerful with no training. How come it never happened in the other trilogies? By that logic, Anakin should have been as powerful as Dooku and Palps combined from the off, and Luke as powerful as Vader and Palps combined.
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • Actually not gonna lie... if people who hated tlj don’t go see it i will be happy. The theaters are so packed with star wars and obnoxious people always ruin the movies for me. I would rather people who are not happy with star wars to move on to the next thing so that those of us who enjoy it can have our piece of cake in peace. I will be seeing it multiple times in theater btw
  • After watching the trailer over the weekend. No. Maybe I'll watch it on Netflix after it comes out before they're Disney+.
    pija5nbcgaah.jpg
    "This is a mission of peace. I put my faith in diplomacy. We can't solve all of our problems by throwing troops at them."
    -Padmé Amidala
  • I’m watching it for the sake of completion since my curiosity would like to know how it will conclude
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!