criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

Star Wars Celebration Chicago News- content that's possible for the game

lowell
1012 posts Member
This thread will have all kinds of announcements coming out this weekend concerning new Star Wars content that could be under consideration for the game. Films, TV shows, games & VR experiences, books, comics, theme parks, etc.

Today's first update:

The Star Wars Celebration mural which features Episode I-VIII, TCW, Rebels, Rogue One, and Solo. Episode IX is under a black tarp for reveal after Friday's panel. Resistance and The Mandalorian are not featured due to the former having only one season, not enough content and the latter not having anything out yet.

D30szKTWAAEM62E.jpg

Video version:

PT Era (TPM, AOTC, TCW, ROTS)
D31ORoPX4AEGR3g.jpg

OT Era (Solo, Rebels, RO, ANH, TESB, ROTJ)
D31OSVXWAAArzSF.jpg

ST Era (TFA, TLJ, IX)
D31B7KJX4AAdrXL.jpg

Replies

• Rebels OT?

n5qlafbzddcr.gif
    JEFF GOLDBLUM A GOD

• That looks awesome! Can't wait for Friday!
  • lowell
    1012 posts Member
    Rebels OT?

n5qlafbzddcr.gif

Rogue One is just a 2-hour Rebels live-action movie, if you knew Rebels was out before 2 years earlier. A 5th season of Rebels would've gone into the plot of Rogue One and venture beyond into the OT films. Rogue One is just Rebels kicked up a notch.
  • JPainter
    16 posts Member
    edited April 11
    Somebody get on that scissor lift and remove that black curtain!!!

...and why does Thrawn look like Pierce Brosnan?
  • That actually looks pretty cool. It'd be a miracle if they had anything for battlefront. Not saying I wouldn't want it, I just don't believe
  • lowell
    1012 posts Member
    edited April 11
    mastery0ta wrote: »
    That actually looks pretty cool. It'd be a miracle if they had anything for battlefront. Not saying I wouldn't want it, I just don't believe

They could do a secret announcement through TCW Season 7 panel. But I'm just bringing in all announcements of new content that could be under consideration to be used to implement in the game beyond the films themselves.

• IIPrest0nII
    4303 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    Thread moved to Off-topic. Also, if you would like to discuss new Star Wars game, feel free to join this thread: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/134405/star-wars-jedi-fallen-order-discussion#latest
    SWBF Forums Senior Moderator/ Check out the forum rules & guidelines
  • VaderFist501st
    414 posts Member
    edited April 11
    Great thread!

But the images aren’t showing now. Maybe try to repost them?
  • lowell wrote: »
    Rebels OT?

n5qlafbzddcr.gif

Rogue One is just a 2-hour Rebels live-action movie, if you knew Rebels was out before 2 years earlier. A 5th season of Rebels would've gone into the plot of Rogue One and venture beyond into the OT films. Rogue One is just Rebels kicked up a notch.

RO is what revels should’ve been. No cringey shoehorned Jedi
    Ponds main

Officer of The Knights of Gareth
    uruzea55jgr4.png
  • jordi1337
    1350 posts Member
    lowell wrote: »
    This thread will have all kinds of announcements coming out this weekend concerning new Star Wars content that could be under consideration for the game. Films, TV shows, games & VR experiences, books, comics, theme parks, etc.

Today's first update:

The Star Wars Celebration mural which features Episode I-VIII, TCW, Rebels, Rogue One, and Solo. Episode IX is under a black tarp for reveal after Friday's panel. Resistance and The Mandalorian are not featured due to the former having only one season, not enough content and the latter not having anything out yet.

D30szKTWAAEM62E.jpg

Video version:

PT Era (TPM, AOTC, TCW, ROTS)
    D31ORoPX4AEGR3g.jpg

OT Era (Solo, Rebels, RO, ANH, TESB, ROTJ)
    D31OSVXWAAArzSF.jpg

ST Era (TFA, TLJ, IX)
    D31B7KJX4AAdrXL.jpg

tried putting down that black wood thing on top of the episode 9 part?
  • Cool to see Ahsoka and Ventress and the Rebels characters drawn in a more realistic artstyle in that artwork. See haters who say that cartoon characters won't work in Battlefront 2, these character can be easily adapted to look more realistic to fit Battlefront 2's realistic art style.
  • Cool to see Ahsoka and Ventress and the Rebels characters drawn in a more realistic artstyle in that artwork. See haters who say that cartoon characters won't work in Battlefront 2, these character can be easily adapted to look more realistic to fit Battlefront 2's realistic art style.

EXACTLY
    Heroes are born on the battlefront... especially if you play the objective.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • Anybody else find it curious that Rebels, which is officially over now, got official artwork on that "timeline", while Resistance, which is still ongoing, got skipped over? I'm going to hope that this is a good sign that the rumored 4th Dave Filoni animated series for Disney+ is real, the one that is a sequel series to Rebels, picking up where Rebels epilogue left off with Sabine and Ahsoka travelling together looking for Ezra post-ROTJ. If they announce that rumored 4th series at Celebration I will be ecstatic.
  • lowell
    1012 posts Member
    Episode IX portion of mural revealed and apparently there's a variant of the mural for sale online:

Celebration Mural Portion

kngh5utvlor21.jpg

Online Mural Portion

o3wytt6v7pr21.jpg

Jedi Fallen Order T-shirt recently found on Amazon (guessing a panel giveaway on Saturday?):

h1i8v3jfbor21.jpg

Small scale version of the Resistance Intersystem Transport in the Galaxy's Edge Rise of the Resistance ride:

lyzp7v6btnr21.jpg

Full scale version of the First Order Fleet Transport also from ROTR:

339naofusor21.jpg

Speeder bike from the Mandalorian:

D35E7mJW0AA0Y3O.jpg

D35E7l_XoAEcNfx.jpg

The Mandalorian official logo on Disney+ (November 12th, $6.99/mo, $69.99/year):

x82yrn15ppr21.jpg?width=1024&auto=webp&s=2d69bf856ea1e2db7c31099581cfcc8f9d5a6817

Galaxy's Edge Merchandise:

zf9sumxhtor21.jpg

Small scale version of TIE Echelon, the transport of the 709th Legion, the Red Fury:

yismqsu9qnr21.jpg

Preview of Alphabet Squadron novel from sampler (This might also be in the first issue of Marvel's TIE Fighter comic tie-in):

https://imgur.com/a/ixFHHRj

Mysterious new vehicle, likely revealed tomorrow:

2d3aq4nmtpr21.jpg

Alan Tudyk is coming back as K-2SO for the Cassian Disney+ series coming in 2021 (Diego Luna is also executive producer) This is likely taking place right after their Marvel one-shot.

https://www.starwars.com/news/alan-tudyk-to-return-as-k-2so-in-cassian-andor-live-action-series

• lowell
    1012 posts Member
    Anybody else find it curious that Rebels, which is officially over now, got official artwork on that "timeline", while Resistance, which is still ongoing, got skipped over? I'm going to hope that this is a good sign that the rumored 4th Dave Filoni animated series for Disney+ is real, the one that is a sequel series to Rebels, picking up where Rebels epilogue left off with Sabine and Ahsoka travelling together looking for Ezra post-ROTJ. If they announce that rumored 4th series at Celebration I will be ecstatic.

Resistance probably needs more than one season to justify being on there. And even the Mandalorian is also not on there, meaning they need to have the same more than one season standard as Resistance, it'll be updated by the next Star Wars Celebration after this one.
  • Interesting to see that Rey is wielding a staff again in that episode 9 section of the mural. I hope this means that her new lightsaber is in fact a lightpike rather than a lightsaber, a lightpike would be much better suited to her since she trained with staffs for long before she got Luke's lightsaber.

I always liked lightpikes, such cool weapons:

swtor-senya-tiralls-lightsaber-pike.jpg
    swtor-tythian-lightsaber-pike.jpg
    12770825_f520.jpg
  • lowell
    1012 posts Member
    Interesting to see that Rey is wielding a staff again in that episode 9 section of the mural. I hope this means that her new lightsaber is in fact a lightpike rather than a lightsaber, a lightpike would be much better suited to her since she trained with staffs for long before she got Luke's lightsaber.

12770825_f520.jpg

Actually, the original saber is still on her belt.
    Interesting to see that Rey is wielding a staff again in that episode 9 section of the mural. I hope this means that her new lightsaber is in fact a lightpike rather than a lightsaber, a lightpike would be much better suited to her since she trained with staffs for long before she got Luke's lightsaber.

12770825_f520.jpg

Actually, the original saber is still on her belt.

Yeah, I see it hanging there now. Still seems strange to me though that she would still be wielding her staff, a year later. Surely there must be some reasoning behind that decision. Maybe she will have designed a special fashioner for attaching her lightsaber to her staff to turn it into a lightpike?

One thing is for sure, a lightpike or double-bladed lightsaber would be much better suited to Rey than a standard single bladed lightsaber, given her background in staff fighting, as both lightpikes and double bladed lightsabers are wielded like a staff during combat. Will be disappointed if she just fights with a standard single bladed lightsaber again. Anakin's/Luke's saber getting destroyed in episode 8 was the perfect opportunity for Rey to build her own lightsaber, like Luke did in ROTJ, but instead JJ and Chris just had her rebuild Anakin's/Luke's blue lightsaber again, super boring imo. I would have liked to see her build a lightpike or doublebladed lightsaber with yellow blade.
  • In other news, nice to see the new troop transports for Resistance and First Order. Maybe DICE could use those for the troop transports for future sequel trilogy capital supremacy maps?
  • lowell
    1012 posts Member
    Star Wars Episode IX-The Rise of Skywalker

• That laugh at the end of the trailer?

Surely that isn’t palpatine, though it’s interesting Ian was on stage during the trailer.

I mean it would make no sense for palpatine to be brought back since he was defeated by anakin at the end of ROTJ.
  • lowell
    1012 posts Member
    That laugh at the end of the trailer?

Surely that isn’t palpatine, though it’s interesting Ian was on stage during the trailer.

I mean it would make no sense for palpatine to be brought back since he was defeated by anakin at the end of ROTJ.

Either Palpatine did learn the secret to immortality and didn't tell Anakin in order for him to serve him forever or Kylo accidentally brought him back somehow. I say accidentally because he's the Supreme Leader now but why would he intentionally bring back someone who's going to take over his power?
  • lowell
    1012 posts Member
    Vader Immortal Episode 1 of 3-VR experience on Oculus and Rift devices.

• That laugh at the end of the trailer?

I think that Rey is a female clone of Palpatine personally, that was found by Luke in one of Palpatine's secret Enclaves and hid on Jakku by Luke because he feared what she might become if she was trained in the force. That Palpatine laugh in the trailer definitely matches with my theory, could be from a force vision she has when she learns she is a clone of Palpatine in the movie.
  • lowell
    1012 posts Member
    Updated version of The Rise of Skywalker portion of the Celebration mural:

D3_rXZMXkAAmonl.jpg
  • Anyone know if Hayden Christensen will be doing any interviews or attending any panels during SW celebration?
  • lowell
    1012 posts Member
    Anyone know if Hayden Christensen will be doing any interviews or attending any panels during SW celebration?

He has photo ops and autograph signing tomorrow and Sunday (also has two photo ops together with Ian McDiarmid the latter day). TCW and Rebels voice actors also has separate character team photo ops together.
  • Has anyone here at celebration or ever been to one in the past? I really would like to go sometime. Looks like a fun experience
  • lowell
    1012 posts Member
    Has anyone here at celebration or ever been to one in the past? I really would like to go sometime. Looks like a fun experience

No, but one day I'll probably go. I really want to buy some of the exclusive merchandise they have like the animals that you can't even order on the app unless you have a ticket for any day there.
  • VaderFist501st
    414 posts Member
    edited April 13
    Has anyone here at celebration or ever been to one in the past? I really would like to go sometime. Looks like a fun experience

No, but one day I'll probably go. I really want to buy some of the exclusive merchandise they have like the animals that you can't even order on the app unless you have a ticket for any day there.

Like stuffed animals?
  • lowell
    1012 posts Member
    edited April 13

Like stuffed animals?

Yeah, the loth-cats and the loth-wolves (looking really close to how they look in Rebels), which are not typically pushed out, unlike the porgs, which were everywhere. Maybe, we'll see something in Galaxy's Edge but they have been showcasing a lot of the parks' merch in the last few days.
  • lowell
    1012 posts Member
    Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order trailer:

The main Marvel Star Wars series will be taken over from Kieron Gillen by Greg Pak on issue #68 with Phil Noto doing the art.

star-wars-marvel-68.jpeg

#68 preview

star-wars-marvel-68-preview.jpeg

#69 preview

star-wars-marvel-69-preview.jpeg

#70 cover

star-wars-marvel-70.jpeg

Galaxy's Edge comic will feature Han for #1, Greedo for #2, Hondo for #3, and Aphra for #4. #5 is not talked about yet.

#1 preview (with TIE Echelon in one of the panel)

galaxys-edge-1-preview.jpeg

Covers for #2-#4

galaxys-edge-cover-2-3-4.jpeg

Age of Resistance issues coming for Finn, Phasma, Poe, Hux, and a special issue like the other previous two eras. Rey, Kylo, Rose, and Snoke not mentioned but are coming.

Finn #1 cover and preview:

age-of-resistance-finn-cover.jpg

age-of-resistance-finn-preview.jpg

Phasma #1 cover and preview:

age-of-resistance-phasma-cover.jpg

age-of-resistance-phasma-preview.jpg

Poe #1, Hux #1, and Special #1 covers:

age-of-resistance-poe-hux.jpeg

age-of-resistance-special.jpg

A Legends character from Marvel Star Wars 1970's series (he will be in the Legends issue #108 coming next month) that became canon in the Han Solo: Imperial Cadet is getting a miniseries hunting Vader: Target Vader #1 featuring Beilert Valance.

target-vader-1.jpeg

• lowell
    1012 posts Member
    Galaxy's Edge new announcments:

Coca-Cola, Diet Coke, Sprite, and Dasani will being getting Galaxy's Edge-exclusive bottling.

screen-shot-2019-04-13-at-11.47.48-am.jpg

D4DhcTnUUAANh9H.jpg

Nien Nunb and Yoda will be in the park voiced by the actors who voiced them in the films: Kipsang Rotich and Frank Oz.

The cover of the Art of Star Wars Rebels (published by Dark Horse Books, who's also publishing The Art of Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order):

D4D4PfuWkAANQz-.jpg

Exclusive poster from the Rebels Remembered panel with same cover art:

D4EAx0jW4AELMIk.jpg

Exact replica lightsabers of heroes and villains we know will be sold at Galaxy's Edge:

Ahsoka's white lightsabers from Rebels

D4DPPlgX4AM3J5B.jpg

D4DPPlfWwAM4IyT.jpg

• VaderFist501st
    414 posts Member
    edited April 14
    Interview with the actor who played one of the most powerful sith ever. I’m surprised how much you can hear the voice tone of his character in his normal voice

Post edited by VaderFist501st on
  • VaderFist501st
    414 posts Member
    edited April 14
    A very wise Jedi once told me, nothing happens by accident
    iw1swnsrqrsu.jpeg
  • lowell
    1012 posts Member
    edited April 14
    The Mandalorian

BTS reel and 5-minute clip with teaser leaked already.

The Clone Wars Season 7

Confirms the 12 episodes are 3 arcs: The Bad Batch, Ahsoka Underworld with Pykes, Siege of Mandalore.

Bad Batch Sneak Peek:

Ahsoka Underworld Sneak Peek:

Siege of Mandalore Sneak Peek (animation not fully done yet):

• VaderFist501st
    414 posts Member
    edited April 15
    Looks great. I’m just sad we aren’t going to get that boba fett and cad bane story arc finished
  • lowell
    1012 posts Member
    Looks great. I’m just sad we aren’t going to get that boba fett and cad bane story arc finished

Disney will have to look at the Disney+ data they will gather and determine if they would shell out to finish up all the scripts. It was actually a Disney+ executive that reached out to Lucasfilm and from there, they talked to Dave and he agreed to do it. I think if the remaining scripts gets done, they should do additional episodes to bridge AOTC with the Christophsis arc in the TCW movie and episodes. The Mace Windu comic is in between those six months, which is interesting.
  • lowell
    1012 posts Member
    Final update:

IDW will publish a miniseries sequel to Tales from Vader's Castle by Cavan Scott, Return to Vader's Castle.

D4N-A4RXsAANMrt.jpg

Star Wars Resistance Season 2 's first episode (taking place right after Season 1 finale and during TFA) premiered on Monday and debuted their poster:

D4OUi_gWwAEpPBP.jpg

Screenshots:

D4OghlFXkAUXAGo.jpg

D4Ogh5DXoAEaRB_.jpg

D4OgiODXoAAmS9D.jpg

Journey to the Rise of Skywalker publishing program announced:

D4CIb4SX4AMo7ej.jpg

A new publishing initiative for 2020 has been teased-Project Luminous,

a canon version on the scale of The NJO from the EU?:

D4NQvX7XsAA03FO.jpg

D4NRTGFX4AA6RbA.jpg

D4NRTGCWkAA_qVK.jpg

A new Lego Star Wars game has been announced accidentally by Matthew Wood and David Collins!

Star Wars Celebration 2020 will be held in Anaheim!

Final update:

IDW will publish a miniseries sequel to Tales from Vader's Castle by Cavan Scott, Return to Vader's Castle.

D4N-A4RXsAANMrt.jpg

Star Wars Resistance Season 2 's first episode (taking place right after Season 1 finale and during TFA) premiered on Monday and debuted their poster:

D4OUi_gWwAEpPBP.jpg

Screenshots:

D4OghlFXkAUXAGo.jpg

D4Ogh5DXoAEaRB_.jpg

D4OgiODXoAAmS9D.jpg

D4CIb4SX4AMo7ej.jpg

D4NQvX7XsAA03FO.jpg

D4NRTGFX4AA6RbA.jpg

D4NRTGCWkAA_qVK.jpg

A new Lego Star Wars game has been announced accidentally by Matthew Wood and David Collins!

What is the LEGO game called?
  • lowell
    1012 posts Member
    Final update:

D4N-A4RXsAANMrt.jpg

D4OUi_gWwAEpPBP.jpg

Screenshots:

D4OghlFXkAUXAGo.jpg

D4Ogh5DXoAEaRB_.jpg

D4OgiODXoAAmS9D.jpg

D4CIb4SX4AMo7ej.jpg

D4NQvX7XsAA03FO.jpg

D4NRTGFX4AA6RbA.jpg

D4NRTGCWkAA_qVK.jpg

No title, just accidentally blurted out a game is in development. I'm guessing it'll come in 2020 like how Lego TFA came out in 2016, except this one will probably be more comprehensive with I-IX, TCW, Rebels, Rogue One, Solo and maybe Fallen Order, books, comics, and Galaxy's Edge since one of the TFA DLCs was based on the JTTFA C-3PO Marvel one-shot.
    Final update:

D4N-A4RXsAANMrt.jpg

D4OUi_gWwAEpPBP.jpg

Screenshots:

D4OghlFXkAUXAGo.jpg

D4Ogh5DXoAEaRB_.jpg

D4OgiODXoAAmS9D.jpg

D4CIb4SX4AMo7ej.jpg

D4NQvX7XsAA03FO.jpg

D4NRTGFX4AA6RbA.jpg

D4NRTGCWkAA_qVK.jpg

No title, just accidentally blurted out a game is in development. I'm guessing it'll come in 2020 like how Lego TFA came out in 2016, except this one will probably be more comprehensive with I-IX, TCW, Rebels, Rogue One, Solo and maybe Fallen Order, books, comics, and Galaxy's Edge since one of the TFA DLCs was based on the JTTFA C-3PO Marvel one-shot.

The glorious remaster we’ve been waiting for...
    Heroes are born on the battlefront... especially if you play the objective.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • New Lego game!?
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget