criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Gamescom 2019 Triple XP
Community Transmission

But Lightsabers? Why?

So... Lightsaber Heroes...

People claim the new lightsaber combat to be the best thing to have happened to lightsaber heroes... Well no?
**** you on about? Whatever you've been smoking, please give me some because I can't stand the "updated" combat...

If you run after the target attempt to strike him, your character will automatically launch towards the target and strike but always misses now it seems. Never was like that before...

Blocking doesn't always work properly as hits go straight through from the front and a few times I've hit enemies in the back and they've blocked it... How? I don't know...

Sure, it felt like you smashed two action figures together with the staggering? How does it feel when you're holding the action figures together with no action? The whole combat has become dash, hit, dash, hit... There's no playing "smart" or "strategic". You just eliminated 1 out of 3 ways to counter the enemy... If you ask me the gameplay just got simplified and boring. It's even more spamming buttons than it used to be...

Please make a proper update to the lightsaber combat... Can't stand this excuse for an updated combat system.

Replies

• well it depends if you are the type of fighter or saber user that just wants to button smash everything that comes your way then yes the new system does suck cause it won't allow you to do it
    i do agree with you on the bugs the games has but the biggest problem is the unbalance between saber vs blaster. the current system is getting better for saber vs saber but there is still a lot of work they need to do for both specially saber vs blaster

my issue with this last update is that it favors group fighting over 1v1 so yes they need to work on that but it usually depends on players. those that just want to steal kills will only fight in groups no matter how the system works unless the game itself its 1v1. most players just want to win the game so they'll block all day until they get back up or just runaway. so it comes down to sportsmanship

if you find me in a match though ill give you a proper duel. may the force be with you
  • I think it’s super fun now. You have to be more cautious , and stamina has been improved. Bugs ? **** yeah they **** me off but I feel like it’s going the right direction. 1v1s are super fun when you get the chance but yeshcthere should be some badass game modes without Jedi would be interesting
  • Yep new saber combat updates.....SUCKSSSSSSSSSSSSS.......worst update ever!!!!!!!!!

The game is so inconsistent now with how to attack anyone in HvV without dying, losing most of your health!
  • brienj
    680 posts Member
    well it depends if you are the type of fighter or saber user that just wants to button smash everything that comes your way then yes the new system does suck cause it won't allow you to do it

I'd love to show you how Maul can destroy even Obi Wan by just spam attacking. You couldn't do this before, but you can now, and spamming is simple, if you know how to do it. The new system has zero skill involved.
  • brienj wrote: »
    I'd love to show you how Maul can destroy even Obi Wan by just spam attacking. You couldn't do this before, but you can now, and spamming is simple, if you know how to do it. The new system has zero skill involved.

Yep completely agree the new lightsaber combat system sucks!!!!!!!!!!!

It seems you can completely get through Dooku's block if your spamming attacks on him with obiwan as well. I mean I have stamina still as Dooku and he's holding his block still however the spam attack still allows damage to get through the attack! Dooku is so broken now! His stamina also doesn't last at all now with anybody spam attacking him.

So many character "battle combinations" have some form of this problem on one side or the other.....like Vader being able to use his ability to out last all jedi stamina....except maybe rey if she does insight back on him. I haven't tested this yet though. You can't break through his block until the focused rage wears out or you happen to be good & lucky at getting behind him. What generally happens is you hit him a bunch and he dodges a bunch to allow his stamina to regen. This loop repeats over and over again, until he can use Focused rage again and it becomes an even longer loop of try and fail at hitting Vader, since you can't use most any force power on him to get through his block to knock him down. Sometimes you can use yoda or luke saber dash on him.....but luke's is very inconsistent about hitting vader through his block and yoda sucks at 1v1 saber combat until he gets his lightsaber block that DICE is suppose to implement at some point.
  • Jedi_Kat
    14 posts Member
    edited April 19
    Outside of the bugs that have been mentioned blocking not always working, taking damage while you dodge, ect. I find the new system to be a mixed bag.

On one side when you can (stressing the word can) get a proper one-on-one duel, it can be very fun and rewarding. But the biggest problem come in HvV. It favors numbers over tactics. The stamina system is horrible when you're basically being gang beaten. Which has led to even more spamming than before from attackers and leaves the defender to do nothing but defend and backpedal until hopefully a teammate can show up. And that's just not a fun gameplay loop.

To me it shows that the new system was not well thought-out across all game modes.