criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Gamescom 2019 Triple XP
Community Transmission

How to fix HvV

1. Palpatine cannot shoot his lightning while in the air, he is impossible to pin down with lightsaber heroes and even with Anakin's pull he is frustrating as hell to play against. Boba is annoying as the target but combining his terrible blaster with low health and a below average dodge he is rarely as irritating as the Emperor.

2. Immunity: When you have been pushed, pulled, choked, stunned, knocked down, etc; you gain a temporary immunity from further incapacitating effects (5 seconds for example). There is no skill or fun involved in being pushed away, pulled back, lightninged to the floor then stunned and shot in the face. It happens every game and it is a completely useless mechanic

3. Remove the ledging from the maps. Again there is no skill or fun in being thrown off the edge of the map again and again and again. Let me set up a situation for you: You have finally got Anakin in HvV after waiting for a really long time. You are excited to play. But you don't get to do anything in the match because you are knocked out of combat by Maul, Kylo, Vader, etc. It is even worse if you want to pick a blaster hero as they have no block and therefore no defence. There is no skill involved in doing it and no fun in having it done to you, remove the ledges.

4. You guys are already working on the target system so I'll leave that one to you

5. Any ideas community pals? Let me know what you think and what you want to see changed in Battlefront 2

Replies

• Forgot a few things

5. Buddy spawning system. What is the point in spawning in with the target 150m away (I'm looking at you Bespin)

6. Retribution: Only allow it to be used twice in a match, regardless of deaths. Devs be like: "Retribution will take a long time to charge up, only really skillful players will be able to use it twice. Reality: Anakin charges up retribution after only 1 target down and proceeds to use it a total of 5 times in the game.
  • FOR SABER HEROES
    -- if you have been immobilized by any means, as soon as you take damage the immobilization effect will be canceled (weather you are hit by a saber or a blaster)
    -- wide area attacks will affect everyone caught in them (friend or foe). detrimental effect will affect everyone but direct dmg will only apply to your enemies. (everyone will be knocked if they are cough by push but only your enemies will take damage). allies/yourself and foes will be stunned or poisoned if they are caught or run into the detrimental area of effect
    -- saber heroes shouldn't have a limit to how many times they can side step (roll out)
    -- force skills should be available while you are air-born (you can use them while in the air)
    -- blaster heroes shouldn't be able to shoot while they are knocked down or being choked, they should have to wait until the skill has finished or until they stand up before they are able to shoot again
    -- if a saber hero block a physical attack (melee) the one who attacked should take some dmg unless his/ her melee its not a physical attack (fett melee is his flamethrower in this case the saber will take dmg)

FOR BLASTER HEROES
    -- shoot skills (rapid fire) should drain saber heroes stamina faster if isn't blocked
    in addition to its regular dmg health regen will be canceled
    -- shoot skills (single fire) if blocked your opponent will still take dmg but if isn't blocked in addition to causing dmg it should also knocks down your opponents
    -- wide area attacks will affect everyone caught in them (friend or foe). detrimental effect will affect everyone but direct dmg will only apply to your enemies. (everyone will be knocked if they are cough by push but only your enemies will take damage). allies/yourself and foes will be stunned or poisoned if they are caught or run into the detrimental area of effect
    -- blaster heroes should be able to take cover. reducing dmg caused by explosives and force skills. if the skill causes knock down, blaster heroes will avoided by taking cover.
    -- taking cover will hide you in the radar but not from skills
    -- blaster heroes will only have 2 to 3 roll outs (palpatine included)

basically blaster should try to keep their distance and be sneaky while saber should be more straight forward. also deflect wouldn't perfectly protect you from blasters but it depends on the saber form your hero is using, stamina would be the same, and you would be able to swap abilities like you do for infantry

for more specific changes on each hero check my topics
    My ideas on Hero balancing
  • Josue_1985
    24 posts Member
    edited April 12
    Buenas ideas de mejora.De acuerdo contigo.Solo agregaria lo siguiente:

-Los jedis y siths deben tener bloqueo mientras saltan(en el aire)

-Yoda y Maul deben tener bloqueo contra ataques de sable.Yoda ya absorbe los disparos de blasters pero Maul no.Por lo menos agregarle a Maul un bloqueo contra sables y blasters con menor resistencia debido a la forma de su sable.

-Corregir las fallas del bloqueo.(varias veces a pesar de apretar el boton de bloqueo y tener resistencia los heroes no se cubren)

-Habilitar el bloqueo cuando los heroes son derribados por algun poder de la fuerza(empuje,tiron,etc)y estan en el suelo.

-Las habilidades de Anakin deben tardar mas tiempo en recargarse(algunos segundos mas para la que rompe el bloqueo)y la habilidad VENGANZA debe usarse 1 o 2 veces maximo por partida(ya que es una habilidad unica).Con esas corrections hara que el jugador que use a Anakin sea mas estrategico y sea mas equilibrado el personaje.

Post edited by Josue_1985 on
  • Wolf816 wrote: »
    1. Palpatine cannot shoot his lightning while in the air, he is impossible to pin down with lightsaber heroes and even with Anakin's pull he is frustrating as hell to play against. Boba is annoying as the target but combining his terrible blaster with low health and a below average dodge he is rarely as irritating as the Emperor.

2. Immunity: When you have been pushed, pulled, choked, stunned, knocked down, etc; you gain a temporary immunity from further incapacitating effects (5 seconds for example). There is no skill or fun involved in being pushed away, pulled back, lightninged to the floor then stunned and shot in the face. It happens every game and it is a completely useless mechanic

3. Remove the ledging from the maps. Again there is no skill or fun in being thrown off the edge of the map again and again and again. Let me set up a situation for you: You have finally got Anakin in HvV after waiting for a really long time. You are excited to play. But you don't get to do anything in the match because you are knocked out of combat by Maul, Kylo, Vader, etc. It is even worse if you want to pick a blaster hero as they have no block and therefore no defence. There is no skill involved in doing it and no fun in having it done to you, remove the ledges.

4. You guys are already working on the target system so I'll leave that one to you

5. Any ideas community pals? Let me know what you think and what you want to see changed in Battlefront 2

1. The problem is that they need to buff the blaster heroes......blaster heroes are the counter to palpatine. You don't get a lot of people that play blaster heroes anymore in HvV.

2. Again blaster heroes abilities and the stuns where the counter to the constant force powers & pushes. Once they nerfed the stuns, incorporated stun immunity, and buffed the lightsaber wielders powers, without a similar buff to blaster heroes abilities..... the force powers started running rampant. You complain about stuns, but I hardly see stuns anymore compared to what it use to be. It's rare to get force pushed and stunned afterwards. It's more likely that you are getting force pushed/pulled all over the place, frozen in place and then electrocuted. Lando, Chewy, and Iden's stuns are all almost pointless now. Maybe you can finish someone off occasionally if they already lost most all their health.

3. Ledges are fine....learn to block and stop complaining. Yeah maybe they could use a change to how the blaster heroes roll is more resistant to force pushes & pulls, so you don't get thrown around as much. Ledges are hardly a problem. Just learn to use the environment to your favor an be aware when you are around ledges and characters that will throw you off the ledge. What do you want dice to do...........create safety nets in the maps because you can't learn to play the game correctly?!?!?!?!?!?
  • The only real way to fix HvV is for dice to go back in and BUFF ALL blaster heroes.

The blaster heroes are so useless again because of all the stupid nerfs DICE has made to them over the past several months from all the people complaining because they can't figure out how to hit the blaster heroes consistently as a lightsaber wielder!
  • brienj
    680 posts Member
    Wolf816 wrote: »

1. The mindtrick combo of Obi Wan and Rey is devastating to any Palpatine player, because it gets rid of his mobility, which is is main advantage.

2. I agree to a certain extent, I think 5 seconds is a little long, it should be enough to let you dodge or block though.

3. Yeah, there isn't a whole lot of skill involved, but it is fun. Also, blaster heroes can block, if they roll at the correct time, and I've avoided throws a lot of times by doing this, and frustrating saber users. Also, using ADS makes you immune from a lot of force powers, I hate giving this tip, because the less people that know about it, the better, but what the heck?

4. There is nothing wrong with the target system, and if you are a complainer about Boba, it puts a huge red target marker on him, which makes him easy to track, even if he is using For The Hunt, which makes him invisible, unless you physically see him, and if he is constantly moving in the air, he is hard to track down.

5. I just want some version of skill added back to saber combat, i.e. being able to outmanuever and outplay multiple opponents.
  • brienj
    680 posts Member
    FOR SABER HEROES
    -- if you have been immobilized by any means, as soon as you take damage the immobilization effect will be canceled (weather you are hit by a saber or a blaster)
    -- saber heroes shouldn't have a limit to how many times they can side step (roll out)
    -- force skills should be available while you are air-born (you can use them while in the air)
    -- blaster heroes shouldn't be able to shoot while they are knocked down or being choked, they should have to wait until the skill has finished or until they stand up before they are able to shoot again
    -- if a saber hero block a physical attack (melee) the one who attacked should take some dmg unless his/ her melee its not a physical attack (fett melee is his flamethrower in this case the saber will take dmg)

FOR BLASTER HEROES
    -- shoot skills (rapid fire) should drain saber heroes stamina faster if isn't blocked
    in addition to its regular dmg health regen will be canceled
    -- shoot skills (single fire) if blocked your opponent will still take dmg but if isn't blocked in addition to causing dmg it should also knocks down your opponents
    -- blaster heroes should be able to take cover. reducing dmg caused by explosives and force skills. if the skill causes knock down, blaster heroes will avoided by taking cover.
    -- taking cover will hide you in the radar but not from skills
    -- blaster heroes will only have 2 to 3 roll outs (palpatine included)

basically blaster should try to keep their distance and be sneaky while saber should be more straight forward. also deflect wouldn't perfectly protect you from blasters but it depends on the saber form your hero is using, stamina would be the same, and you would be able to swap abilities like you do for infantry

for more specific changes on each hero check my topics
    My ideas on Hero balancing

FOR SABER HEROES
    -- Both sides can take advantage of this, Kylo or Darth Vader and any blaster Hero. Anakin and any blaster Hero. Only good teams employ this, a lot of PUGs don't utilize it at all.
    -- This is interesting, and would create a bit less force spamming.
    -- No, absolutely NO.
    -- Some already can, for example, Kylo can Pull while mid air.
    -- They supposedly fixed this.
    -- This is a very debatable point, but the important thing is to balance the game. I suppose you don't like Han Solo shoulder charging you? Or Chewbacca punching your lights out? Why should only force users have an advantage with melee strikes? Balance. If you don't like that a saber spammer gets no penalty when you effectively block them, then yeah, I agree, and I believe the stagger should be re-added, so you can parry their attack. That is the only way to stop R2 spamming.

FOR BLASTER HEROES
    -- I don't think it should effect stamina at all, the new stamina system is already too poorly implemented.
    -- No
    -- But things like Iden and Phasma's Droid specifically only target enemies, so it would put them at an advantage over other blaster heroes, like Lando or Han. You could argue that Lando's Disrupter can distinguish between friend and foe too. And Han's detonite charge is that way for balance.
    -- The only one that I've seen go through cover, is Anakin's Heroic Might, I've successfully hidden behind cover a lot of times and avoided force powers.
    -- Certain heroes have abilities to hide from radar and see people on radar, and this would make their special abilities useless.
    -- They do already, a cooldown was already added to it.
  • FOR SABER HEROES
    -- Both sides can take advantage of this, Kylo or Darth Vader and any blaster Hero. Anakin and any blaster Hero. Only good teams employ this, a lot of PUGs don't utilize it at all.
    -- This is interesting, and would create a bit less force spamming.
    -- No, absolutely NO.
    -- Some already can, for example, Kylo can Pull while mid air.
    -- They supposedly fixed this.
    -- This is a very debatable point, but the important thing is to balance the game. I suppose you don't like Han Solo shoulder charging you? Or Chewbacca punching your lights out? Why should only force users have an advantage with melee strikes? Balance. If you don't like that a saber spammer gets no penalty when you effectively block them, then yeah, I agree, and I believe the stagger should be re-added, so you can parry their attack. That is the only way to stop R2 spamming.

FOR BLASTER HEROES
    -- I don't think it should effect stamina at all, the new stamina system is already too poorly implemented.
    -- No
    -- But things like Iden and Phasma's Droid specifically only target enemies, so it would put them at an advantage over other blaster heroes, like Lando or Han. You could argue that Lando's Disrupter can distinguish between friend and foe too. And Han's detonite charge is that way for balance.
    -- The only one that I've seen go through cover, is Anakin's Heroic Might, I've successfully hidden behind cover a lot of times and avoided force powers.
    -- Certain heroes have abilities to hide from radar and see people on radar, and this would make their special abilities useless.
    -- They do already, a cooldown was already added to it.[/quote]

SABER HEROES
    -- well blaster heroes don't require stamina to stamina attack and their roll out don't have a limit either. and as you stated before all you have to do is roll out to avoid it (does require some skill) and wait until saber can't attack or defend at the very least they should match what sabers have

-- true but it should be for all force users, it would be similar to saying blaster heroes shouldn't shouldn't be able to shoot while moving. also the reason for this is that in 1 of my topics i would like to remove the the dmg resistance force users have like kenobi and Ani and all force abilities will work like kenobi where you have to charge it in order to have a longer range giving blaster heroes a chance to retaliate (B1= kill that jedi)

-- it still happens when they get knocked down from time to time

-- -- to be more specific at meant hitting with punches, skills shouldn't be affected by it. it does annoy me but you also have to give blaster a chance to escape otherwise we are back to square 1 but with the rolls reversed

BLASTER HEROES
    -- just a though to keep everyone from symply rushing at blaster heroes
    -- same idea as above because finn doesn't have a rush

-- for iden thats true but that is y im saying it because it doesn't affect everyone and phasma is not a single its multiple but directed at enemies so if you stand in between the robot and your enemy you are going to get stunned and you are also going to block the dmg the robot would inflict. but like i said it not perfect, how would you approach it

-- well the take cover feature would be more useful if you keep your distance, the enmy would have to look for you while avoiding or fighting other players so it would be more useful in groups. yes i have do that a lot with maul but blaster heroes should be better at it because you have to find something that is big enough to cover you but what if something was half your size and you could take full cover or even shoot with out exposing yourself and it would make it harder for other to find you as well (once they remove the target system) that would allow you to place/throw bombs and avoid getting hit by it (countering my area of attack idea)

-- there are only 3 heroes who can use an skill to sense you and their range is not that big in proportion to the map so you would be able to hide and even if they did and you were at a disadvantage you can always change your hero. i think the take cover feature will make blaster heroes more strategic.

ps the take cover is not a skill, it would be similar to saber blocking but for blaster heroes

pss. thanks for the pointers i didn't realize i had overlook so many minor details. ill update my topics to make sure im as accurate as possible.
  • Fix the saber combat system & buff all blaster heroes......that's the only way to really save HvV!
  • Problem is every time they add someone they will have to readjust it unless they stick to same format they currently have for heroes. There will he no individuality with coming heroes.
    For me is less buffing and more features but they do need to balance the current system more