criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

[Megathread]Episode IX Trailer Discussion!

Prev134
JadeRaptor64
1672 posts Member
edited April 12
The trailer will most likely drop today. Share your theories and observations!
Heroes are born on the battlefront... especially if you play the objective.
kui7ctmgyzll.png
Post edited by IIPrest0nII on

Replies

• Prediction: It’ll feature the (what I call) Luke Skywalker-theme. Most Disney-SW trailers, except for Solo I think, has had it, and let’s face it... it’s a friggin’ gorgeous piece of music. :)

Other than that, Rey, Kylo Ren and a space battle. Maaaaybe Lando ;)

Will be interesting.
  • That trailer was amazing at the end!
  • What the heck was that laugh at the end? Surely that wasn’t palpatine....
    as much as I love palpatine, it would make no sense to bring palps back.
  • TheScape
    2225 posts Member
    What the heck was that laugh at the end? Surely that wasn’t palpatine....

Who else could it be? It sure isn't Snoke or anybody else and it sounds like him. That and the remains of the Death Star...
    May your heart be your guiding key.
  • Ian mcdiarmid appeared on stage after the trailer, but I couldn't make out what he said. Intriguing.
  • VaderFist501st
    414 posts Member
    edited April 12
    TheScape wrote: »

Who else could it be? It sure isn't Snoke or anybody else and it sounds like him. That and the remains of the Death Star...

Why would palps be brought back? Do They really want to take the defeat of palpatine away from the ending of ROTJ?
  • Do you guys realize how much potential this'll bring for BF2? FOR GODS SAKE PALPATINE IS BACK!
    Current Topics:
    Hero/Villain Star Card Concepts
    Leia Organa Ability Improvements

b1p3arep6n15.png
    PSN / Twitter: PlayersPurity

❝ 𝘿𝙞𝙨𝙤𝙗𝙚𝙙𝙞𝙚𝙣𝙩. 𝘿𝙞𝙨𝙧𝙚𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙘𝙩𝙛𝙪𝙡, 𝙏𝙧𝙖𝙞𝙩𝙤𝙧! ❞
    - Captain Phasma

• JPainter
    16 posts Member
    edited April 12
    Episode 9 trailer

Post edited by IIPrest0nII on
  • TheScape
    2225 posts Member

Why would palps be brought back? Do They really want to take the defeat of palpatine away from the ending of ROTJ?

I don't really know. I'm betting that it will be some kind of force ghost or holocron. I seriously doubt he will be back alive.
  • TjPunx
    1531 posts Member
    Is this BF2 content?
  • HOLY #*!%

• One word: PALPATINE!!!!!!
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    My Concepts
    Clone Skin Changes | Clone Customisation & Menu | Empire Customisation & Menu

• Behold!
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • Thus the internet explodes.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • TheScape wrote: »

I don't really know. I'm betting that it will be some kind of force ghost or holocron. I seriously doubt he will be back alive.

I would hope. And I seriously doubt they would go with the palpatine clone route. I just really don’t want palpatine brought back. Defeating palpatine was anakin’s thing and that shouldn’t be changed.
  • I... was wrong...
  • That familiar cackle at the end...
    A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one!
  • I haven’t watched a trailer since TFA, I like to go in fresh. They show way too much
    PSN: DarthLando-
  • Deckard112 wrote: »
    Mary Sue & her ridiculous adventures.
    No thanks. For me the saga ends with episode 6. Feel free to tell me why I’m wrong.

That's ok. Does that mean I can pretend anything before episode 4 isn't cannon and doesn't exist?

• TheScape
    2225 posts Member
    I... was wrong...

I feel like using Leia's theme was the best song they could use for the trailer.
  • I might watch, if only for Lando, Leia, Luke (maybe), and
    Palpatine
  • jek5tym9276f.png
    The Senate is back, baby!
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • Pssst, guys. Try my thread. It twas first.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • DarthLando wrote: »
    I haven’t watched a trailer since TFA, I like to go in fresh. They show way too much

This one doesnt lol
  • wo wo wo wo wait what... is that... good 'ol Palps?

Mods should just make a mega thread

mbfps9amsjpr.png
    kui7ctmgyzll.png

Yeah...
    There's five already.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • TheScape
    2225 posts Member
    JediJulius wrote: »
    I might watch, if only for Lando, Leia, Luke (maybe), and
    Palpatine

I want old skins for all of them!
  • Appl3corps wrote: »
    Deckard112 wrote: »
    No thanks. For me the saga ends with episode 6. Feel free to tell me why I’m wrong.

That's ok. Does that mean I can pretend anything before episode 4 isn't cannon and doesn't exist?

Yea, sure. Although I never disliked the prequels.

JediJulius wrote: »
    I might watch, if only for Lando, Leia, Luke (maybe), and
    Palpatine

Oh I’ll definitely watch it. This time I know for sure I will be disappointed so... I basically won’t be disappointed.
    Make Maul great again.
  • Stoked af that palps is back! but i feel like they are trying too hard to incorporate force ghosts and characters from the clone wars in order to create nostalgia in fans. I just hope they address the main issue: Reys backstory.
  • Papa Palps has saved this movie for me. It turned this movie from a "wait for blu-ray" to a "pre-order tickets". That's Unlimited Power! for you
  • CC_1010
    1057 posts Member
    But that means ROTJ is meaningless

mbfps9amsjpr.png

Powaaaaa, UNLIMITED.... POWAAAAAA
  • If palps is actually brought back I feel doubtful that was the plan from the start. It seems likely this was done because of the mess JJ was left with after TLJ and Rian killing off snoke.
  • DrRock
    30 posts Member
    Palpatine never really died in the original canon, which has now changed. There was a comic by Dark Horse comics in the mid 1990s "empire's end" that showed that after the destruction of the second death star, we learn that Palpatine was not human. He is a type of evil energy parasite that can take over a host body. Palpatine essentially hunts Leia and Han in hopes of possessing one of the Skywalker twins bodies. We also see Palpatine takes over the clone facility and is hopping from one clone body to the next, because the clone bodies are weak they do not support him for long, he needs a jedi body.

So the idea of Palpatine's return has always been a possibility. The Empire"s End comics were considered canon until the production of the clone wars movies and cartoon. It's definitely changed since then.
  • Deckard112 wrote: »
    Only thing good about the sequels will be BP cost reduction on ST Maps for Palpatine.

He was left out of capital supremacy sadly
  • Confusing trailer.
    I don't know what to expect.
  • DarthJ
    6461 posts Member
    IF he is back, this means that Anakin didnt fulfill the prophecy as the Sith survived....which opens the door for Rey to kill him and become the chosen one that the prophecy mentioned. Hope to god I am wrong as it makes Anakins story almost pointless in one swoop.
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • CC_1010
    1057 posts Member
    Confusing trailer.

I agree. This does NOT feel like a grand finale to the Skywalker saga.
    I liked 7&8 but I am sceptical.
    And now ROTJ is meaningless.

Pssst, guys. Try my thread. It twas first.

Yeah...
    There's five already.

Can we get a mega thread for episode 9 discussion @IronSoldier @IIPrest0nII
  • Confusing trailer.

Another SJW biased feminism propaganda tool.
    Make Maul great again.
  • CC_1010 wrote: »

At first I thought that as well but in Legends palps revives as well yet it doesn't feel like ROTJ was useless at all, quite the contrary indeed. We'll just have to see, personally that's the least of my concerns. My main concern is that they somehow manage to screw up like TLJ but luckily that almost sounds impossible to me lol
  • DarthJ
    6461 posts Member

I would hope. And I seriously doubt they would go with the palpatine clone route. I just really don’t want palpatine brought back. Defeating palpatine was anakin’s thing and that shouldn’t be changed.

It would make Anakins story technically pointless, since he wasnt the chosen one IF Palpatine is alive. Opens the doot to Rey being the chosen one, I bet
  • meshugene89
    3419 posts Member
    edited April 12

I hear you. I hate TLJ and dislike TFA, but I think this film looks promising in (hopefully) correcting the mistakes of these new films, plus the fact that they may be adapting the "Palpatine Reborn" arc from Legends is very interesting.
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    My Concepts
    Clone Skin Changes | Clone Customisation & Menu | Empire Customisation & Menu
  • DarthJ
    6461 posts Member

Same. Looks likely to be the chosen one too if Palps is alive. May as well wipe their rear end all over 1-6 if this is the case
  • CC_1010 wrote: »

Vader's redemption is the most significant part though.
  • DarthJ wrote: »
    IF he is back, this means that Anakin didnt fulfill the prophecy as the Sith survived....which opens the door for Rey to kill him and become the chosen one that the prophecy mentioned. Hope to god I am wrong as it makes Anakins story almost pointless in one swoop.

That would be so pointless. They would have to change so much established canon throughout the films and tv shows for that to make since. I really hope your wrong as well but so far the ST seems to not really care about established canon