criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

The Rise of The Skywalker

Prev134567
Liz4rD
599 posts Member

Replies

• Ppong_Man12
    1902 posts Member
    edited April 15
    She’s looks to have much makeup on for a desert scene. Maybe she just left the salon.
    tankertoad wrote: »
    Rey and Kylo are cousins in love.

Yeah lol, they many be going full Game of Thrones. They don’t have the [Removed] for that though, if so they would have let Finn make the sacrifice in TLJ. You have to be old and on the last leg to die in this series.

Don't bypass the profanity filter ~Rtas
    Post edited by EA_Rtas on
  • Either rey is gonna be a Skywalker, or anakin & luke is coming back classic star wars misdirection. Return of the Jedi is about anakin finally coming back, the last jedi people thought it was about luke being the last jedi when it was rey.
  • Looking forward to it despite TLJ. Looked like there is a new TIE variant based off Kylo’s TIE Silencer.
    #StarWars-y
  • There's only one "the" in the title.
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    My Concepts
    Clone Skin Changes | Clone Customisation & Menu | Empire Customisation & Menu
  • Liz4rD
    599 posts Member
    Seriously no one noticed that Palps IS BACK??

;)
  • Liz4rD wrote: »

;)

But in what form? A clone like the Dark Empire series from Legends canon? A force spirit haunting the Death Star? Or one of those messenger droids seen in the BFII campaign?
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    My Concepts
  • lowell
    512 posts Member
    Liz4rD wrote: »

;)

But in what form? A clone like the Dark Empire series from Legends canon? A force spirit haunting the Death Star? Or one of those messenger droids seen in the BFII campaign?

Darth Plagueis's secret to immortality?
  • OcDoc
    737 posts Member
    Liz4rD wrote: »

;)

Guess we will find out but I think the laugh alone is enough to justify some hype. Great character!

• Looking forward to it despite TLJ. Looked like there is a new TIE variant based off Kylo’s TIE Silencer.

Apparently it has been confirmed to be the First Order TIE Interceptor. Wonder if DICE/Criterion will go back in and replace the current in game TIE Interceptor (which is literally just a standard TIE Fighter with slight changes) with the new TIE Interceptor?
  • tankertoad wrote: »
    Rey and Kylo are cousins in love.

That oughta crush the Reylo fans’ hopes.
    Heroes are born on the battlefront... especially if you play the objective.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • OcDoc
    737 posts Member
    Terrible movie title. Guessing rey is going to be revealed as a Skywalker.

Isn’t Kylo technically a Skywalker?

Just minus the name.

;)

While I don't mind it that just made anakins story pointless imo

I think it all depends on the manner of how the movie handles this, if it makes sense and ties the movies together. The Dark Empire storyline where Palpatine returned as a clone was apparently what George Lucas had originally envisioned as the sequel trilogy after RotJ, and since Lucas apparently helped with Episode IX, some of these elements could come back in.
    Regardless of how Palpatine returns, clone or force spirit, I don't see it as cheapening Anakin's story. Anakin got his redemptive moment and returned to the light side, but there can be no good without evil and you can't really achieve "balance" this by destroying one of those sides as it will find a way to rise again.
    My Concepts

;)

It's terrible.
    41st.org Founder "Where the Game is Winnable."

are-you-threatening-me-gif.gif

Apparently it has been confirmed to be the First Order TIE Interceptor. Wonder if DICE/Criterion will go back in and replace the current in game TIE Interceptor (which is literally just a standard TIE Fighter with slight changes) with the new TIE Interceptor?

Thanks for the info. As for DICE/Criterion updating the FO TIE Interceptor, I'd say the chances are slim to none.
    #StarWars-y
  • Either rey is gonna be a Skywalker, or anakin & luke is coming back classic star wars misdirection. Return of the Jedi is about anakin finally coming back, the last jedi people thought it was about luke being the last jedi when it was rey.

Surely there’s no way the original skywalker and main character of the saga doesn’t make an appearance in the skywalkers final film. It would be ridiculous if he doesn’t show up somehow.
  • So what you're saying is it's going to be like this game. Just a hero mashup that has no sense
    41st.org Founder "Where the Game is Winnable."

are-you-threatening-me-gif.gif

;)

I think this depends on how he’s brought back. If he’s not brought back in his physical form then I think it doesn’t really affect anakin’s story at all. His appearance could be something as simple as a hologram or kylo discovering his presence attached to an object similar to what we see with Darth bane in TCW. I would imagine kylo is on the hunt for new teachings and ancient sith artifacts which could tie in palpatine to this episode
  • I'm a lot more hyped than I expected to be. Palpatine being back is a huge shock. Lucas apparently consulted on the movie to get his input on how best to wrap up the saga. So I have more faith in the effort this time around. Remember they essentially tossed his ideas for Episode 7.

John Boyega also said as a fan he approached JJ about making sure the cast is together on an adventure, which they appear to be. And he also stressed the need to tie things together, and backgrounds. TFA didn't do any of that at all.
  • Appl3corps wrote: »
    tankertoad wrote: »
    Deckard112 wrote: »
    The rise of Mary Sue. The only person in Star Wars history who’s born a complete Jedi.

The FuTuRe iS FEmaLE

I know. It’s so weird when space women think they can do things. Everybody knows there can only be boy wizards.

Next thing you know these movies will all just be Boobie Fett this and Muff Tarkin that.

Yeesh.

That's not it. It's the Mary Sue aspect.

If Rey went through amazing trials and hardships and hard training everybody would love her.

You mean like Luke? Yeah, whining about power converters and running away from Stormtroopers were some amazing trials. I mean he could Tarzan swing after all! Oh and let's not forget the super amazing hardship of having to lug around a living creature on your back while doing the good old rope climb for his presidential physical fitness award... I mean clearly he would know how to use the force and dual with the most powerful Jedi that ever lived after that.

Luke has struggled. He got toyed with and ultimately defeated in ESB which caused the loss of his hand. Rey has yet to lose a battle/duel and seems to not really struggle with whatever she’s doing. I don’t necessarily dislike Rey but I’m not really invested in her character whatsoever.
  • tankertoad wrote: »
    Deckard112 wrote: »
    The rise of Mary Sue. The only person in Star Wars history who’s born a complete Jedi.

The FuTuRe iS FEmaLE

I know. It’s so weird when space women think they can do things. Everybody knows there can only be boy wizards.

Next thing you know these movies will all just be Boobie Fett this and Muff Tarkin that.

Yeesh.

That's not it. It's the Mary Sue aspect.

If Rey went through amazing trials and hardships and hard training everybody would love her.

Yes. That’s exactly what I’m saying. There are rules in Star Wars. And the only people who should be naturally good at things like force wizard powers are desert farm boys.

If some orphan girl who has had to fend for herself for her entire life thinks she can fly planes like a slave baby child she needs to think again. Everyone knows she needs an old man whispering to her when she closes her eyes and then has to through 20 screen minutes of muppet laser sword training.

That’s how it’s always been before and it shouldn’t change.

Sorry. Unless she’s a Skywalker. If she is related to the other desert orphan farm boys by blood then she is allowed to be powerful.
  • Relmets
    1443 posts Member
    Matrix Naruto-Rey was awful. And that action pose before she starts running, ick.
    Add weapons or bad things are going to happen
    Dbeh6cI.gif
  • Am very please by both the title and trailer. Was not excited before. I hope we get some ST content for the movie in BF2.
  • I am hyped for the movie. Especially for the return of Billy Dee Williams. We need old Lando, Leia, Luke, Han, and Obi-Wan skins!

That is awesome! And I'm pretty sure He was wearing his "Sportsman" cape in the teaser.
    I'm looking forward to it, even though I grew up watching the OT as a kid, I still have really enjoyed the the NT.
    Also like the idea of the evil one returning in some form. The laugh at the end was a great touch. >:)
  • Im excited to see how this story pans out. Also curious as to which Skywalker is on the rise... is Rey going to be revealed as a Skywalker or is Kylo going to have a redemption story and turn to the Light and embrace his Skywalker lineage...

Also are they on Endor!?!? That last scene overlooking the ocean shows the Death Star wreckage!!
  • SngleCoil wrote: »
    I’m shocked that there is no love for the new movie here....shocked I tell you. I mean this place is always so full of sunshine and all the good feels.

Yeah, it sure is hard to find similar sentiment elsewhere. Everyone loved TLJ! ;)
  • Finest_Banana
    1185 posts Member
    edited April 13
    Lee1981 wrote: »
    It's going to be a fanservice movie to make up for the disaster of TLJ, but the damage is irreparable. I'm not planning on watching it anytime soon
    You will watch it, your talking rubbish

People told me the same thing when I wrote that I'd stop playing BF17. They were wrong.

I might watch it eventually, but not with my own money. It would have to get excellent reviews from both friends and relatives too. I'm certainly in no rush
  • Lee1981
    1666 posts Member
    edited April 13
    It's going to be a fanservice movie to make up for the disaster of TLJ, but the damage is irreparable. I'm not planning on watching it anytime soon

People told me the same thing when I wrote that I'd stop playing BF17. They were wrong.
    Not having it, your on the official game forum and yet you claim you don’t play

I can smell the **** from here
  • Lee1981 wrote: »

Not having it, your on the official game forum and yet you claim you don’t play

I can smell the **** from here

You might need to get your nose checked up
  • I personally think the trailer was fine though the whole Rey backflip thing was a little cringe.
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000