criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Gaming: On a desk or on the television?

Midichlorian
1409 posts Member
edited April 15
Do you prefer to game lying on the bed/couch while the game is displayed on a 40+ inch television screen or do you prefer to sit in a chair while your game is on a monitor not much bigger than 25".

For me it depends on the game and my mood.
If I want to concentrate and play seriously, chair/monitor. Playing at leisure and especially for an extended period of time, then bed/tv.
"Dude, don't call us plucky, we don't know what it means."
Devoted worshipper of Haruhi Suzumiya
Instagram
Twitter
DeviantArt
YouTube
346z5t0ufg6v.gif
Post edited by Midichlorian on

Replies

• I enjoy playing with my PS4 at a desk with a monitor. I also use a mouse and the azeron gamepad and that works best at a desk. Right now though I've been using a 32 inch TV but I still put up a table in front and sit close to it. I want to save up for a computer monitor though.
  • Empire_TW
    5917 posts Member
    On a TV while sitting in a chair.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • On a computer in a chair.
    Heroes are born on the battlefront... especially if you play the objective.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • Prof_Moriarty
    1366 posts Member
    edited April 15
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    On a TV while sitting in a chair.

Wow, I read that ”On a TV while sitting on a chair” and was like... ”but that’s just not done!”

For me, sofa+TV, always.

• VaderFist501st
    414 posts Member
    edited April 15
    For me it’s always at my desk with my gaming monitor. Even though I play a console, I still play at my desk.
  • Cadoth
    1007 posts Member
    I like to sit in my chair in front of my computer so I can be more focused on the game I’m playing.
    And also, I’m too blind to see from more than 1 foot distance😑, jk I just don’t have a really good sight 🤠
  • For me it’s always at my desk with my gaming monitor. Even though I play a console, I still play at my desk.

What gaming monitor do you use?
  • VaderFist501st
    414 posts Member
    edited April 15
    tribblz wrote: »
    For me it’s always at my desk with my gaming monitor. Even though I play a console, I still play at my desk.

What gaming monitor do you use?

A good monitor that works for your setup depends on what you’re playing on and what your preferences are. If you play on a console or PC that supports 4K HDR for example, then you may want a monitor that supports such features. A monitor with low input lag and fast response time is always recommended for gaming.