criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

Favorite Star Wars novels

VaderFist501st
414 posts Member
edited April 15
This is one area where I feel like lucasfilm has really nailed it. The novels that I’ve read so far have all been great for the most part. though I haven’t read that many yet.

What are some of your favorites? Have any recommendations?

Some of my favorites:

- Ahsoka
- Battlefront twilight company
- Thrawn
- Lost stars
- Bloodline

Replies

• Empire_TW
    6081 posts Member
    My favorite is Battlefront 2: Inferno Squad another one I consider a favorite is an EU book called "Prophets of the Darkside", it was my first Star Wars book.

The EU Thrawn Trilogy is something I also highly recommend.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • my favorite star wars novel is a book called "jedi trials" it was published in 2004 and i love it. read it 10 times
  • Thrawn Trilogy, the new Thrawn books, Outbound Flight, Ahsoka, Phasma, Catalyst, and Tarkin.
    Heroes are born on the battlefront... especially if you play the objective.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • These

8607a65f15af57757d62142d09524cba.jpg
  • These

8607a65f15af57757d62142d09524cba.jpg

All wiped away in the Legends canon purge...
    Heroes are born on the battlefront... especially if you play the objective.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • WodiQuix
    4536 posts Member
    edited April 21
    - Battlefront: Twilight Company
    - Lost Stars
    - Republic Commando novel series

I'm reading the Aftermath trilogy now and own all the new canon books (I have to find time to read them!).

I'm looking forward to Alphabet Squadron.
  • WodiQuix wrote: »
    - Lost Stars

I'm reading the Aftermath trilogy now and own all the new canon books (I have to find time to read them!).

The republic commando series looks really good. Haven’t managed to read those yet but want to!
  • WodiQuix
    4536 posts Member
    WodiQuix wrote: »
    - Lost Stars

The republic commando series looks really good. Haven’t managed to read those yet but want to!

You should! Can't recommend them enough.
  • mastery0ta
    6089 posts Member
    Heir to the empire. I remember checking that book out from the library in the early 90s. Even as a young child, it totally felt like star wars to me to such an extreme I could hear john williams playing while I was reading in bed with a flashlight lol.
  • AzorAhai
    1317 posts Member
    I loved the Thrawn Trilogy, and also the 2 book (duology) sequel to that written later by Timothy Zahn.

Plus every single X-Wing book written by Michael Stackpole and Aaron Allston.

One highlight of my Star Wars fandom was that I got to meet Aaron Allston on Star Wars Day, 6 years ago tomorrow. I got him to autograph several books of mine (and one for a friend), but most importantly, he was such a great guy, and I got to talk to him for a good 15-20 minutes.
  • I liked the bane novels. If they would add him to the games i would be so happy!!