criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

When are you going to nerf Boba Fett's flying ability in HvV?

hardvibes
28 posts Member
edited April 16
I joined this forum specifically for this Boba Fett issue.
It's still impossible to catch him. He flies from one side of the map to the other. This is plain trolling.
I'm sorry but what I read here and there about some force abilities and blasters to take him down it's just useless. Especially on some maps with high tops.
If all players in the heroes team are force/lightsaber characters there's very little to nothing they can do to kill him. With this scenario, the teams are really unbalanced.

EA why did you make him fly for so long? Seriously nerf the ability, this is unbearable.
Every time he is the mark I quit the match because it's just a big waste of time trying to get him.

EDIT: he has little health? I have no problem with giving him as much health as anybody else. Just stop trolling with the jetpack
Post edited by hardvibes on

Replies

• If they nerf his jetpack (which I personally hope they do) then he needs a buff to his health and more offensive capabilities. His jetpack and rocket barrage (with Star Cards) are the only things he really has going for him.
  • JediJulius wrote: »
    If they nerf his jetpack (which I personally hope they do) then he needs a buff to his health and more offensive capabilities. His jetpack and rocket barrage (with Star Cards) are the only things he really has going for him.

As much as any other blaster user, yes why not! As long as EA shut down all the trolls flying around the map
  • The only true counter to him is finn, if you use the deadeye ability and hit every shot, you’ll kill him, but this only works in large open spaces, if your in a small area with lots of corners, he’s gonna escape. Han is also a decent counter, throw his grenade in the air and activate it mid air and you’ll knock him down. And chewbacca used to be good against him, his shots would knock him down even if he was hit just a little, but not as reliable anymore, he certainly needs some kinda of need as he can get into glitch spots, or just run, non stop
  • hardvibes
    28 posts Member
    edited April 16
    The only true counter to him is finn, if you use the deadeye ability and hit every shot, you’ll kill him, but this only works in large open spaces, if your in a small area with lots of corners, he’s gonna escape. Han is also a decent counter, throw his grenade in the air and activate it mid air and you’ll knock him down. And chewbacca used to be good against him, his shots would knock him down even if he was hit just a little, but not as reliable anymore, he certainly needs some kinda of need as he can get into glitch spots, or just run, non stop

I only pick force/lightsaber characters. And if all heroes on my team are force/lightsaber characters there's very little to nothing we can do to take him down
    Post edited by hardvibes on
  • Well there is Anakin. One of the 2 good things about him is, that the light side finally got a pull to counter the annoying Bossk, Boba and Palpatine jump/fly/hover and shoot tactic.
  • Enzyoo
    198 posts Member
    No he doesn't need to be nerfed.
    • Chewie can easily shut him down by knocking him out of the sky, so can Han and Lando.
    • Anakin can just pull him then stunlock him and he's dead in 2 seconds.
    • One properly aimed and timed push from Obi, Luke or Yoda sends him down.

I'm just a simple man trying to make my way in the universe.
    35l7lo44u7u1.gif
  • Boba is a glass fighter jet.......does a lot of damage from the sky, but doesn't last long when you actually hit him.

Just a bunch a noobs complaining because they can't figure out how to work as a team or use their abilities properly on Fett, or because they're to incompetent or scared to use the blaster heroes.
  • Enzyoo wrote: »
    No he doesn't need to be nerfed.
    • Chewie can easily shut him down by knocking him out of the sky, so can Han and Lando.
    • Anakin can just pull him then stunlock him and he's dead in 2 seconds.
    • One properly aimed and timed push from Obi, Luke or Yoda sends him down.

Yep just a bunch of noob complainers that can't figure out how to play the game......lots of options to stop him.

Add to the list:
    • all of Luke's abilities and his speed which can practically keep up with boba until he runs out of jet pack fuel.
    • Rey-Obiwan Mind trick
    • Finn Deadeye if he is reasonably close....finn's blaster rifle also works really well if Boba is just sitting out in the open on top of something at a distance. Finn's rifle works great.
    • Also if your a good aim leia's blaster pistol is the best for taking on Fett at medium to far range....she can shoot the farthest out of any pistol blaster hero.

Yeah he gets irritating to hit sometimes and I think Lando and Han need to be able to hit targets farther away with their blasters, as at a certain distance their blaster bolts disappear. Also Finn needs to be given the ability to switch between pistol and blaster rifle at the press of a button, so that he can either use the rifle or the pistol at players own choice because CQC maps Finn sucks at. Then the pistol also needs to fire slightly faster like Lando's pistol and Undercover boss needs to become something else to compensate him because that is one of the most useless abilities now that Phasma's staff strikes work pretty decently. My suggestion is to change this ability to proximity mines like Nein Nunb had back in Battlefront 1.

Seeing people through walls is a pointless ability for a blaster hero that needs something else to combat sith lords. Look at why Han, Lando, and Chewy were all so powerful before they got nerfed and are still pretty decent characters after their nerfs in comparison to Finn still. They all have abilities to counter sith lords.
  • boba should get a buff, his weapon does little damage, and his health is low
  • hardvibes wrote: »
    The only true counter to him is finn, if you use the deadeye ability and hit every shot, you’ll kill him, but this only works in large open spaces, if your in a small area with lots of corners, he’s gonna escape. Han is also a decent counter, throw his grenade in the air and activate it mid air and you’ll knock him down. And chewbacca used to be good against him, his shots would knock him down even if he was hit just a little, but not as reliable anymore, he certainly needs some kinda of need as he can get into glitch spots, or just run, non stop

I only pick force/lightsaber characters. And if all heroes on my team are force/lightsaber characters there's very little to nothing we can do to take him down

Well this is your problem then. I personally get **** as hell when good player boba starts flying. BUT! If your team is so pride and stupid not to take blaster hero - this is not a reason to nerf boba. If he wiil not have jetpack, while kenobi, rey, anakin on enemy team - boba will have no chances even with a lot of health.
  • EA_Rtas
    1010 posts EA Moderator
    edited April 17
    Let's cool it with labeling people as noobs because they want changes for a certain mechanic, you can clearly debate it without having to do that so knock it off it's only going to start arguments.
  • brienj
    679 posts Member
    Anakin destroys Boba. All he has to do is pull him, and he lands right at his feet, then a Passionate Strike, 2 lightsaber strikes, and a Heroic Might if needed, boom, he is finished. Every single time. Anakin is the sole reason that Boba players have to "run" even more than they used to. It takes zero skill to kill Boba with Anakin, zero.
  • this is completely wrong. the only thing Boba has going for his his his ability to fly. if you wanna nurf his flying b/c he's harder to catch in HvV then you'd definitely need to nurf darth maul's speed b/c people just run with him when he's the target and he's is extremely hard to catch as well.

I personally just use Fin or Han to take Boba out its its not that difficult at all. people just need to get their shooting skills up lol. Just running around with a light saber swinging wildly to me isn't particularly a skillful method of play. Which is something i think needs to be changed i'd love to see light saber combat be made more skill/finesse based vs rage based as it seems to mostly.
  • brienj wrote: »
    Anakin destroys Boba. All he has to do is pull him, and he lands right at his feet, then a Passionate Strike, 2 lightsaber strikes, and a Heroic Might if needed, boom, he is finished. Every single time. Anakin is the sole reason that Boba players have to "run" even more than they used to. It takes zero skill to kill Boba with Anakin, zero.

Add to that
    • luke can force push him all over the place and is fast enough to run after him to the point where he has to touch down again to regain fuel and then can kill him.....or force push him out of bounds!
    • Han can blast him out of the sky with both blaster and detonite charge
    • Chewy can blast him out of the sky with his bowcaster
    • Lando can shoot him out of the sky with multi shot
    • Finn can shoot him out of the sky with Deadeye
    • Rey & obiwan mindtrick duo can prevent him from flying off and typically get him stuck in a corner or cause him to fly off a ledge or into a wall so you can get him.
  • The problem is that everyone tries to standard lightsaber attack him only........

8b1eeegin0gl.gif

Anakin is best anti Boba in the game but I completely agree with the OP, Bob's current setup is built to exploit.
    If all players in the heroes team are force/lightsaber characters there's very little to nothing they can do to kill him. With this scenario, the teams are really unbalanced.

There is a lot that can be done:
    • Use Anakin and Force Pull to bring him closer for your teammates
    • Use Rey & Obiwan Mindtrick together to prevent him from being able to fly around and use his rockets
    • Luke is the fastest jedi and can almost keep up with boba's jet pack, just keep chasing him until Boba runs out of fuel and lands.
    • you can push him out of bounds to kill him too.
    • Or switch to a blaster hero and help your teammates. You are allowed to change characters at anytime.....all though there is a bug that sometimes prevents you from changing characters exactly when you want. Most of the blaster heroes can stop boba easily...leia can do it too but she is more for expert players!