criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar
Double XP Event

Kashyyyk confirmed as the new Capital Supremacy map/player population up to 2017 levels again

2Next

Replies

• If this month update is only the Kashyyyk map in CS, it will be disappointing!!

Minimun some new skins...please

I don't recall the roadmap, but wasn't Maul and Yoda's block scheduled this month too?

Yep. Those should be this month as well as a few other balance changes and bug fixes. Maybe we will get a 3rd Anakin skin as well, but I wouldn’t expect anything else this month.
  • RyanK388
    1860 posts Member
    Well it wasn’t like they was gonna make new maps, edit the just existing ones that already have

I’m drunk talking or could I has suspect this neffinetily The doessiblty of happenings

I knew they going to take the easy way out and just added some stuff plopped down some plunk and just use existing maps to pack the CS right?
  • If this month update is only the Kashyyyk map in CS, it will be disappointing!!

I don't recall the roadmap, but wasn't Maul and Yoda's block scheduled this month too?

No. There's currently nothing else on the roadmap besides the Kashyyyk map being added to CS.
    https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/starwars/battlefront/battlefront-2/roadmap
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    My Concepts
    Clone Skin Changes | Clone Customisation & Menu | Empire Customisation & Menu

No. There's currently nothing else on the roadmap besides the Kashyyyk map being added to CS.
    https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/starwars/battlefront/battlefront-2/roadmap

It's not on the roadmap, but Charlemagne did recently confirm over on Discord that the Maul and Yoda blocks are in this month's update.
  • BoothStick wrote: »
    If you believe the player count is as high as it was around November 2017...please for your own health stay away from used car lots... you are being sold.

Why would they lie/sell you? Well they're a business and their last 2 products Star Wars Battlefront II and Battlefield: V have been underperforming messes. I seriously didnt think could get darker for DICE than Battlefield 4 launch... yet here we are.

EA is FAMOUS for shutting down development studios... ones gamers never thought they would. DICE could be in damage control trying to stay off the famous EA chopping block.

Dont TELL me player counts are high... SHOW me player counts are high. Because as someone who plays on the US East Coast on PS4 I too often have a hard time finding lobbies on Star Fighter Assault, Strike, or even Blast... DICE promised new weapons... large offline game mode to players for SWBF2. One of the key selling points for Battlefield V was the player dragging animation... now they're saying they cant do it and it wont be in the game anymore.

I appreciate your optimism, its admirable, but please stop getting sold. "Why would DICE lie?"... holy crap look at what DICE Sweden has been putting out and dealing with these past few years. "Why wouldnt they lie?"... they could be next on Big Business Daddy EA's chopping block

I'm sorry, but that makes no sense. EA has access to all the same information that DICE does. Why in the world would lying to their own playerbase save them from EA's chopping block? EA knows how many players there are, they know exactly how much money they are making from the sale of BF2 crystals and BF2 retail/digital sales recently. Lying to the playerbase wouldn't help their position with EA in the slightest. Unless of course you're suggesting that DICE's leadership is lying to EA's executives, but even then they could only lie about the player counts, there is no way to lie to EA about how much money BF2 is making from crystals and retail/digital sales, that money goes straight to EA, DICE has no control over it.

Well EA is a publically traded company... The shareholders can apply pressure to close a shop. EA bought DICE for $25 Million 15 years ago... it's safe to assume they've got their return in. DICE needs to push shareholders to not be ok with closing the studio. I am not rooting against DICE, I've been a fan of them since Battlefield 1942 and fell in love shooters because of Battlefield 2

I've seen EA just close Dev Studios with little to no warning... Westwood Studios alone is a mind blower. However, look at what EA has had release... SWBF2 completely underwhelming... Battlefield V also a HUGE let down... then you have BIOWARE's Anthem dumptser fire... if I'm DICE I'd be worried about heads rolling. It's in their best interest to take a posture of strength... a pretty lame one though.

Everything theyre doing in SWBF2 and Battlefield V post launch screams they are under resourced and behind. It's pretty obvious MTX/Crystal's aren't working because they aren't making more skins for SWBF2... then making premium skins for Battlefield V available for purchase with real money only. Even though they said in marketing you could get them with in game currency too. Look yet another lie. Stop believing the staffed employees that have their jobs to lose.. its cliche... but true:
    "You'll never hear a fish salesman yell rotten fish"
  • TheScape
    2262 posts Member
    If the population is healthy... Can we please get some servers back? To reduce the lag a bit.
    May your heart be your guiding key.
  • BoothStick wrote: »
    BoothStick wrote: »
    If you believe the player count is as high as it was around November 2017...please for your own health stay away from used car lots... you are being sold.

Why would they lie/sell you? Well they're a business and their last 2 products Star Wars Battlefront II and Battlefield: V have been underperforming messes. I seriously didnt think could get darker for DICE than Battlefield 4 launch... yet here we are.

EA is FAMOUS for shutting down development studios... ones gamers never thought they would. DICE could be in damage control trying to stay off the famous EA chopping block.

Dont TELL me player counts are high... SHOW me player counts are high. Because as someone who plays on the US East Coast on PS4 I too often have a hard time finding lobbies on Star Fighter Assault, Strike, or even Blast... DICE promised new weapons... large offline game mode to players for SWBF2. One of the key selling points for Battlefield V was the player dragging animation... now they're saying they cant do it and it wont be in the game anymore.

I appreciate your optimism, its admirable, but please stop getting sold. "Why would DICE lie?"... holy crap look at what DICE Sweden has been putting out and dealing with these past few years. "Why wouldnt they lie?"... they could be next on Big Business Daddy EA's chopping block

I'm sorry, but that makes no sense. EA has access to all the same information that DICE does. Why in the world would lying to their own playerbase save them from EA's chopping block? EA knows how many players there are, they know exactly how much money they are making from the sale of BF2 crystals and BF2 retail/digital sales recently. Lying to the playerbase wouldn't help their position with EA in the slightest. Unless of course you're suggesting that DICE's leadership is lying to EA's executives, but even then they could only lie about the player counts, there is no way to lie to EA about how much money BF2 is making from crystals and retail/digital sales, that money goes straight to EA, DICE has no control over it.

Well EA is a publically traded company... The shareholders can apply pressure to close a shop. EA bought DICE for $25 Million 15 years ago... it's safe to assume they've got their return in. DICE needs to push shareholders to not be ok with closing the studio. I am not rooting against DICE, I've been a fan of them since Battlefield 1942 and fell in love shooters because of Battlefield 2

I've seen EA just close Dev Studios with little to no warning... Westwood Studios alone is a mind blower. However, look at what EA has had release... SWBF2 completely underwhelming... Battlefield V also a HUGE let down... then you have BIOWARE's Anthem dumptser fire... if I'm DICE I'd be worried about heads rolling. It's in their best interest to take a posture of strength... a pretty lame one though.

Everything theyre doing in SWBF2 and Battlefield V post launch screams they are under resourced and behind. It's pretty obvious MTX/Crystal's aren't working because they aren't making more skins for SWBF2... then making premium skins for Battlefield V available for purchase with real money only. Even though they said in marketing you could get them with in game currency too. Look yet another lie. Stop believing the staffed employees that have their jobs to lose.. its cliche... but true:
    "You'll never hear a fish salesman yell rotten fish"

While I don't trust EA itself, Respawn has proven that there is a definite difference between EA and it's studios like Respawn and DICE. It was Respawn that convinced EA to let them take the risk with Apex Legends and then stealth drop it with no marketing. In addition, from what I heard, Disney stepped in after the loot box controversy and told EA to back off. DICE seems to have been working with a much longer leash as far as how to go about fixing this game and adding content. This game appears to be fully back in the hands of DICE.

So I don't doubt it when DICE says the player base is the highest it's been since November 2017. DICE has overall shot straight with us since launch, it just sometimes takes a while to hear something from them.

Battlefield V is going to have to start making the same kinds of decisions. Leaks suggest they are adding the Pacific Theater in Fall, and could be doing some larger naval maps. Maybe the lesson has been learned there too.

What lesson? That Battlefield and Battlefront are not well suited for loot boxes or and MTX model. To give fans the content they expect, a Season Pass model is needed. The content people are asking for on these boards is the kind of content you expect from a Season Pass.
  • Sooooo is it going to be the GA map or something different like how the Geonosis CS and GA maps are different...?
  • AW_Cramer wrote: »
    Sooooo is it going to be the GA map or something different like how the Geonosis CS and GA maps are different...?

No confirmation yet, but the wording on the roadmap seems to suggest that it will be a modified version of the GA map.
  • Versatti
    2198 posts Member
    In terms of players numbers, I’m actually not convinced it matters either way. What exactly will it change? The development lifecycle is still way too slow.

As for Kashyyyk, it’ll be nice to have an additional CS map and if it is just a port from GA, all I will say is, hurry up and port the rest of them! :#