criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

What's Everyone Like?

Prev1
I was just wondering what everyone's like in real life. Age, hobbies, job, etc... I figure it would be helpful to see the humans on the other side of the screen.
Heroes are born on the battlefront... especially if you play the objective.
kui7ctmgyzll.png

Replies

• I am a 20-year-old writer who works at UPS loading deliver trucks.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • Maliainu
    1107 posts Member
    I’m 31, live in a house full of musicians, and work at a breakfast/lunch restaurant that’s about 20 minutes away from my apartment.

When I’m not working, I spend my free time hanging out with my roommates watching movies/shows, playing games or playing music
  • Cadoth
    1055 posts Member
    I don’t know if I can say my age🤔, how old do you have to be to have an account on these forums? I’m not even kidding that’s a serious question
  • Maliainu
    1107 posts Member
    edited April 17
    Cadoth wrote: »
    I don’t know if I can say my age🤔, how old do you have to be to have an account on these forums? I’m not even kidding that’s a serious question

I don’t think they have an age restriction because the forum rules state that people from all age groups can view these threads... hence why the rules exist to prevent such behavior
  • Cadoth wrote: »

I don't think there's a required minimum age... *consults forum rules* Nope. Apparently all you need is an EA Account.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • Cadoth
    1055 posts Member
    edited April 17
    Thank y’all🤠, I’m a 16 year-old boy so I’m still going to school 😔.
    I have a huge passion for Star Wars and before any of you comes up with some stereotypes about young Star Wars fans who like only the PT era and the cartoons I’m gonna say that actually my fav era is the OT, the only era that I have some doubts about is the ST
    I have a huge passion for Star Wars and before any of you comes up with some stereotypes about young Star Wars fans who like only the PT era and the cartoons I’m gonna say that actually my fav era is the OT, the only era that I have some doubts about is the ST

Nice! Yeah, I've noticed that among the youth nowadays the ST isn't exactly their favorite.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • JadeRaptor64
    1667 posts Member
    edited April 17
    My turn. I'm an 18 year old previous lurker on the forums and a lifelong Star Wars fan. I'm currently finishing high school and I will soon be off to college. I'm a fan of all things nerdy and scientific. Edit: I also come from a large family and I am the eldest of 6 siblings.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • Empire_TW
    6081 posts Member
    edited April 17
    I'm a 21 year old dairy farmer from Wisconsin.

My general interests include Star Wars, History (notable age of Enlightenment, Napoleonic, and the Victorian Era), some small time collecting and games. Favorite fandoms would be Star Wars and Fallout. Used to have an interest in American football but it doesn't really interest me anymore.

I also have a keen interest in historical music. I can listen to Hymne à Napoléon III et à son vaillant peuple, Fredricous Rex, and Gott Erhalte Franz den Kasier for hours and hours.

When I'm not working I'm usually playing games or taking part in online communities for those games.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • Empire_TW wrote: »

My general interests include Star Wars, History (notable age of Enlightenment, Napoleonic, and the Victorian Era), some small time collecting and games. Favorite fandoms would be Star Wars and Fallout. Used to have an interest in American football but it doesn't really interest me anymore.

When I'm not working I'm usually playing games or taking part in online communities for those games.

Not to mention an upstanding member of the Church of Gavankar.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png

Nice! Yeah, I've noticed that among the youth nowadays the ST isn't exactly their favorite.

I love it. Do I still count as a youth... Checks the rules. Yep, I still do.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • I wish more people would respond to this thread. It's always nice to put an identity to an icon.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • Empire_TW wrote: »

Not to mention an upstanding member of the Church of Gavankar.

I didn't think I had to mention that part. It is quite easy to tell.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • I am a 35 yo boy. I have enjoyed star wars from a very young age. I didn’t really become a super fan until my friends started borrowing my old vhs and then we would discuss it and have very nerdy conversations about it. I enjoy all things star wars. I have become a bit annoyed since tlj with the negativity surrounding it as well as the hate disney and others get. Sometimes this causes me to get short with people who have complaints about the new movies. I was a person who had complaints about the prequels but i would always defend them as good star wars movies. Seems like star wars has entered the twilight zone and as they say in san andreas “ah spit here we go again”
  • 20 Years old. Was introduced to Star Wars when I was 8. Started with the OT, prequels and then CW when it came out.

Work a full time job (40 Hours per week) at a railway terminal, customer service. (Not as bad as you think)

On top of that I'm from and live in the lovely wee country of Scotland. :smiley:
  • 20 Years old. Was introduced to Star Wars when I was 8. Started with the OT, prequels and then CW when it came out.

Work a full time job (40 Hours per week) at a railway terminal, customer service. (Not as bad as you think)

On top of that I'm from and live in the lovely wee country of Scotland. :smiley:

Like @EA_Tom
    itt96uodu82s.gif
  • WodiQuix
    4536 posts Member
    Hi everybody!

I'm 22 and about to graduate college, taking my first steps into a larger world. Not sure what I'm going to do afterwards, though! I've loved Star Wars since I was 7, particularly the clone troopers, stormtroopers, and Rebel troopers; the soldiers and background characters (I have a huge action figure collection of clones and stormtroopers). I'm a member of the Star Wars charity group the 501st Legion as stormtrooper TK-22418, and regularly do events with my fellow Legion members of the Ohio Garrison. I also plan to build a clone trooper and a scout trooper.

In addition to Star Wars, I love history, particularly WWI and WWII (love documentaries and movies about those topics), Harry Potter, and The Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit. I love soundtrack music, reading, and writing.

I also have a degree of social anxiety. Fun! Working on that.
  • WodiQuix
    4536 posts Member
    I also love creating my own characters (hence my SW character and story for Wodi Quix!) and play DnD and Magic: The Gathering. Not very good at Magic, but love playing with my friends.
  • VaderFist501st
    414 posts Member
    edited April 22
    WodiQuix wrote: »
    Hi everybody!

I'm 22 and about to graduate college, taking my first steps into a larger world. Not sure what I'm going to do afterwards, though! I've loved Star Wars since I was 7, particularly the clone troopers, stormtroopers, and Rebel troopers; the soldiers and background characters (I have a huge action figure collection of clones and stormtroopers). I'm a member of the Star Wars charity group the 501st Legion as stormtrooper TK-22418, and regularly do events with my fellow Legion members of the Ohio Garrison. I also plan to build a clone trooper and a scout trooper.

I’m in a pretty similar situation. What’s your major?

And the 501st looks like a really cool thing to be a part of.
  • WodiQuix
    4536 posts Member
    Hi everybody!

I’m in a pretty similar situation. What’s your major?

And the 501st looks like a really cool thing to be a part of.

Hi @VaderFist501st ! First of all, that's an awesome name! It's tough to figure out what you want to do. I'm a Communication major with minors in Marketing and English. I'm definitely the more creative type.

And yes, the 501st Legion is an amazing organization! I can't express how happy it makes me to be a part of it. As someone who deals with social anxiety, it's an absolute relief to be able to interact with the public from behind an anonymous helmet. When I put on my armor, I'm the most confident I could ever be. It's strange, but magical at the same time! The things we do are truly special. If you love Star Wars and making a difference, definitely check it out.

Feel free to visit 501st.com for more details! TK-22418 at your service.

jS8fl2A.jpg
  • JAREDUP
    1594 posts Member
    edited April 26
    Interesting, I'll give it a go.
    22 years old, loved star wars since forever, first star wars game I ever played was episode 1 racer on N64, I believe Return of the Jedi or the Phantom Menace where my first movies. I also like Warhammer 4000, the table top game, the lore, and the video games. Currently in college as a senior. I am a certified commerical rated pilot for fixed wing aircraft and a soon to be flight instructor. Current job is catching alligators as a state alligator trapper in Florida. One day I want to own an airplane of my own. Also I saw someone is a dairy farmer, I used to raise dairy cows for show, also chickens as well.
    Post edited by JAREDUP on
    For the Greater Good

9k2nxbv51kuu.gif
  • IronSoldier
    3539 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    In my twenties.
    Work in online communities full time then in my free time volunteer on 3 different sites as a moderator or volunteer leader. (My life is forums and slack)
    Used to work in cyber security.
    Work on the occasional film which shoots at Pinewood/Leavesden/ect.

I drive a VW Golf and just finished up renovating a property.
  • Maliainu
    1107 posts Member
    In my twenties.
    Work in online communities full time then in my free time volunteer on 3 different sites as a moderator or volunteer leader. (My life is forums and slack)
    Used to work in cyber security.
    Work on the occasional film which shoots at Pinewood/Leavesden/ect.

I drive a VW Golf and just finished up renovating a property.

I’m so envious. I tried to get a cyber security/moderator gig while I was still finishing college. Gave up though, too much competition.
  • IronSoldier
    3539 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    Maliainu wrote: »
    I’m so envious. I tried to get a cyber security/moderator gig while I was still finishing college. Gave up though, too much competition.

Yeah it's tough to get in and many cyber jobs are really grim (I worked 12 hour day/night shifts and it killed me). I got into cyber by accident from doing an apprenticeship here in the UK but learnt so much during my time there and attitudes to work from my colleagues who were all ex army which have stuck with me.

I used to do moderating years ago on EA's Play4Free games but quit to focus on real life. Fortunately the team here offered me a place back on the team and from this I branched out in volunteering positions until earlier this year when I got a full time paid job as a result of my work here. It takes a while, that's for sure.

Both times i've been very lucky to end up somewhere I wanted to. One of my former community managers who was the most amazing guy sadly has been out of work for the last 2 years as so much is demanded from a community manager role. It's not just managing a forum anymore. So many channels, groups and platforms you have to be hot on Many jobs have moved to jack of all, master of none for employees.
  • Maliainu
    1107 posts Member
    edited April 26

Yeah it's tough to get in and many cyber jobs are really grim (I worked 12 hour day/night shifts and it killed me). I got into cyber by accident from doing an apprenticeship here in the UK but learnt so much during my time there and attitudes to work from my colleagues who were all ex army which have stuck with me.

I used to do moderating years ago on EA's Play4Free games but quit to focus on real life. Fortunately the team here offered me a place back on the team and from this I branched out in volunteering positions until earlier this year when I got a full time paid job as a result of my work here. It takes a while, that's for sure.

Both times i've been very lucky to end up somewhere I wanted to. One of my former community managers who was the most amazing guy sadly has been out of work for the last 2 years as so much is demanded from a community manager role. It's not just managing a forum anymore. So many channels, groups and platforms you have to be hot on Many jobs have moved to jack of all, master of none for employees.

I could see that. We have so many different outlets for social media and communication now, which is constantly expanding and evolving (even at this very moment). Easily can be grueling.

I used to manage a website with a friend of mine, and at first I was able to do it for an hour, at most, during my spare time. Then, it started to pick up and I found myself spending half a day working on edits, creating posts on as many platforms that I could utilize, while trying to improve on the overall code. I realized what a commitment it is, but I enjoyed it enough I would take a chance and try my hand at finding a job like that.

But it takes much more than firsthand experience, and my only downfall was that I didn’t have or take enough college courses. Would’ve given me extra fluff I could have used on my resumes.

It’s why I have mad respect for guys/gals like you who do this full time. Most don’t have the kind of inside knowledge I have to really know how hard it is.
  • KZ_Toxic
    282 posts Member
    edited April 26
    I was just wondering what everyone's like in real life. Age, hobbies, job, etc... I figure it would be helpful to see the humans on the other side of the screen.

Well, I'm a old rocker. Still do it and would fill everybody in but I don't know as the moderators would allow me to share some of our work even tho we've gone to great lengths to ensure it's legality to advertise. You can however find us under the name The Whining Wussys spelled with a "P"... something I'm sure the Devs aaaaaaaand moderators here can totally find the humor in. Its mostly rock, but we do some reggae too tho it sounds like a sublime knockoff. We're not famous or anything but people seem to like our humor and especially our YouTube videos.
    I normally work finish construction. Tile to be more precise. But my passion is always going to be making music. All in all, I can't complain cause I'm living my best life. csi49h29m8yo.jpg
    Post edited by KZ_Toxic on
  • WodiQuix
    4536 posts Member
    JAREDUP wrote: »
    22 years old, loved star wars since forever, first star wars game I ever played was episode 1 racer on N64, I believe Return of the Jedi or the Phantom Menace where my first movies. I also like Warhammer 4000, the table top game, the lore, and the video games. Currently in college as a senior. I am a certified commerical rated pilot for fixed wing aircraft and a soon to be flight instructor. Current job is catching alligators as a state alligator trapper in Florida. One day I want to own an airplane of my own. Also I saw someone is a dairy farmer, I used to raise dairy cows for show, also chickens as well.

Alright Wedge Antilles! That's pretty cool that you're a pilot. Best in the galaxy?
  • Maliainu wrote: »

I don’t think they have an age restriction because the forum rules state that people from all age groups can view these threads... hence why the rules exist to prevent such behavior

EA account is 16 - to play game online you need an EA account - forum is linked to game
  • JAREDUP
    1594 posts Member
    edited April 28

Alright Wedge Antilles! That's pretty cool that you're a pilot. Best in the galaxy?
    The best in the galaxy baby!

c2sbomfw83wi.jpg

Hot shot pilot indeed, lol
    Post edited by JAREDUP on
    For the Greater Good

9k2nxbv51kuu.gif
  • Maliainu
    1107 posts Member
    edited April 28
    Mouthrax wrote: »

EA account is 16 - to play game online you need an EA account - forum is linked to game

Yeah I realized this after looking into it that I was wrong. I stand corrected, thanks.
  • Cadoth
    1055 posts Member
    Alex64 wrote: »
    I'm a Psychiatrist, i hate pollen and i'm not looking for world peace.

Fair enough

• I'm old enough that I watched the original films and stood in line on my dads shoulders.

Former coat arms military. Formerly worked as an contractor for then Pentagon meaning I did stuff I can not tell you about.
    Married 4 times last one is the perfect relationship and awesome wife. So I can tell you how to pick the right one cause 3 exes told me what's the wrong one. Drugs,cheaters, and crazies don't make working relationships.stay clear lol.

I'm not working on disability my body is broken like Vader lol.

With my 2nd ex I have 4 my current wife has 3 so total of 7 kids 2 big dogs 1 snake and about 100 fish per fish tanks (2 tanks) thinking of getting a bearded dragon.

Blessed that me and my wife are veterans that don't have to work. Oldest daughter is about to start high school and finish high school with a bachelors degree that's right she's a super genius. Already top colleges want her to go to their school.

My hobbies are reading RPG books like star wars, star trek, doctor who. I use to ride a victory motorcycle until I almost got ran over twice. Wrestling with my dogs, wrestling with the kids, wrestling with the wife (wink wink). Road trips, collecting camo hats, playing classic arcade games when I can find them. Triggering people by still being alive and breathing. Locking my car door when people pull up. Lol. Hunting with bow and arrow, hunting with black powder. Playing old video games, playing battlefront games just to shoot and kill the hero so I can emote on them. God I love battlefront games just wish this one had offline large mode. Tinkering with cars and Hvac since I have degrees for it. Plumbing for relatives in the area since I'm one heck of a former roto rooter (buy the pipe shield! It will save you from having to call a plumber people. I don't work for them any more but I keep a bottle or 2 in the house at all times.).

Well about me guess with everything I've been though I guess I can say I'm a blessed black man to have this big house food on the table every night and to wake up everyday... Painfully from nightmares but alive.

Oh another hobby getting on a certain persons nerve. You know who you are. LMAO! 😂
  • rollind24
    5573 posts Member
    What is coat arms military?
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • OcDoc
    1520 posts Member
    40 yo Eye Doctor.

Came back to gaming after a long break for SW Battlefront. It was hard getting the skills back but eventually they came back.

Most people find me to be on the funny/witty side. These games (SWBF 2015 and SWBF2) are a great escape for me to get out of typical life for a while. I stay pretty busy with a lot of other things as well though.
  • rollind24 wrote: »
    What is coat arms military?

Sorry combat arms auto correct.
  • WodiQuix
    4536 posts Member

c2sbomfw83wi.jpg

Oh dude, that's awesome!
  • I was just wondering what everyone's like in real life. Age, hobbies, job, etc... I figure it would be helpful to see the humans on the other side of the screen.

43 year old Philosophy professor. Play lots of games with my kids. Video games like BF, but also D&D, and tabletop games.
  • Batman20
    1755 posts Member
    I'm 21 and Iove films and video games currently working part time in my local cinema and make films for fun in my spare time with friends. Also love rock music will listen to anything from the 60s to the early 90s
  • Batman20 wrote: »
    I'm 21 and Iove films and video games currently working part time in my local cinema and make films for fun in my spare time with friends. Also love rock music will listen to anything from the 60s to the early 90s

I've been on a Tom Petty (RIP) run for about 3 years now. My favorite albums are probably Echo, Wildflowers, and Hypnotic Eye (their last studio album).
  • ex390j7n1uaf.png
    Couldn't resist.

Its my best friend!
    zy92ae8exapt.gif
    itt96uodu82s.gif
  • Batman20
    1755 posts Member
    Munedawg wrote: »
    Batman20 wrote: »

I've been on a Tom Petty (RIP) run for about 3 years now. My favorite albums are probably Echo, Wildflowers, and Hypnotic Eye (their last studio album).

I've only listened to a bit of Tom petty atm I'm mainly listening to ufo. Especially there stuff from the 70s with schenker as the guitarist. Actually saw them in concert recently in Dublin on there final tour with Paul Raymond before he died recently
  • ex390j7n1uaf.png
    Couldn't resist.

Its my best friend!
    zy92ae8exapt.gif

Batman's face in that GIF is so funny :D
  • JAREDUP
    1594 posts Member

c2sbomfw83wi.jpg

Oh dude, that's awesome!

Yeah it's pretty cool
    For the Greater Good

9k2nxbv51kuu.gif
  • AzorAhai
    1317 posts Member
    Munedawg wrote: »
    Batman20 wrote: »

Wildflowers, Full Moon Fever, and Mojo for me.

But I love Echo and Hypnotic Eye.
  • Lee1981
    1953 posts Member
    37, married, I have 2 kids, my son is 12 in a couple of weeks and my daughter is 9

I have my own construction company in SW London

I love football (soccer) and I support Chelsea fc
  • MyLittleGreenFriend
    3476 posts Member
    edited May 3
    Lee1981 wrote: »
    37, married, I have 2 kids, my son is 12 in a couple of weeks and my daughter is 9

I just discovered a parody show made by Bleacher Report called "the champions". Idk if you've seen it but if you haven't look it up: it's hilarious!

• Lee1981
    1953 posts Member
    Lee1981 wrote: »

I just discovered a parody show made by Bleacher Report called "the champions". Idk if you've seen it but if you haven't look it up: it's hilarious!
    I’ll take a look