criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

Angry Joe reviews Battlefront

Angry Joe reviews SW Battlefront. Spot on imo

link

Replies

• Not even going to click on it. Every time I watched his video it was only angry rant about nothing.
    Need a buddy? Check Buddy List.
  • Well, totally summs up my Battlecrap experience........
  • nurzi
    21 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    Summary:
    Graphics: 10/10
    Sound: 10/10
    Gameplay: 0/10.
    Content: 0/10.
  • Agree 100% with also adding bad Hit Reg and Grenade Spam killing through solid objects and Thermal Imploder being the worse. I don't mind the grenade spam just dying when i actually take cover.
  • I don't need some shouty youtuber to tell me about it. I like it.
    Freedom! Now, what to do with it............
  • I don't need some shouty youtuber to tell me about it. I like it.

+
  • Yep, he's spot on, as usual. Funny also but that's a matter of taste.
  • I've pretty much come to the conclusion all he does is read forums first and then slant his review towards whats being said in those forums and amazon reviews.. His desire to be populist for 10p a day is a little sad to watch.
  • Kerduk782
    455 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    I'm so glad you posted this. I had no idea Angry Joe made a review on Battlefront recently. Especially when considering the poor state the game is in. I figured he would've just flat out given up on this one when considering EA's track record. Heck as far as I'm concerned, it was hardly worth even reviewing at this point. We all know the story by now.
    Besides, I wished to congratulate Electronic Arts for flopping two of your own games in one year. Yes, that's right Battlefield Hardline and Star Wars Battlefront. You at least had an excuse for letting Hardline slip by, but... Star Wars? You just fumbled the ball on a major -AAA- title? I've gotta admit, even I'm still in a complete state of shock.
    All I can say is... I honestly hope you didn't waste resources and manpower for Hardline at the expense of Battlefront. That would have been a very, very poor decision and a complete waste of valuable resources.
    But in other 'news'... Look what I found!

29nxybn.jpg

I don't know about you, but this seems legit to me!
    Battlefront I Beta Tester - I hope Battlefront II will be amazing by delivering; Space Battles w/ Infantry Boarding Parties, Stormtroopers w/ Helmets, 64 Player Mode, Hardcore Mode (Lightsaber 1HK), Fixed Squads, In-Game VOIP, Server Browser/Filter, Private Server Hosting, Mod Support and Clan Support.
  • Kerduk782
    455 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    Harsh criticism aside...
    nurzi wrote: »
    Summary:
    Graphics: 10/10
    Sound: 10/10
    Gameplay: 0/10.
    Content: 0/10.
    Yes, the -graphics- (10/10) and -sounds- (9/10) are amazing.
    The sound only suffers on the voice acting. And again, I completely agree with Joe that they could have simply taken voices directly from the movies and put them into the game and that still would have been perfect. Or, it would have also been awesome to have the original actors do some voicing too.
    Out of all the trash talking I do, DICE did an amazing job with capturing the Star Wars looks and sounds to near immaculate perfection. Even I'm impressed, but the core of the game simply did not deliver and greedy/inept hands delved too deep into the marketing aspect of the game and it screwed up the overall game, let alone all the things they had decided to just cut and/or leave out of the game.
    And I would have gladly spent $110, if it was worth it and they actually delivered on value. But that never came to be. Maybe they'll get it right for Battlefront 2 and actually make it like the original Battlefront games as it was -supposed to be in the first place-.
    Then again... perhaps Battlefront 2 won't ever happen with the original trilogy because by then everyone will be excessively engrossed in the new movies. The chance had come and gone in just a blink of an eye.
    Such a waste. Such a waste...
    Battlefront I Beta Tester - I hope Battlefront II will be amazing by delivering; Space Battles w/ Infantry Boarding Parties, Stormtroopers w/ Helmets, 64 Player Mode, Hardcore Mode (Lightsaber 1HK), Fixed Squads, In-Game VOIP, Server Browser/Filter, Private Server Hosting, Mod Support and Clan Support.
  • That's not a review, it's a long drawn out waste of time & space, 40 mins of blahblablah.
    Could have done the same thing in 9 mins, with an edit or two (2).
    Move on, nothing worthwhile.
  • As for that video where he says 4 maps, you can see he concedes that point when he brings up the other modes then talks about his own opinion about Droid run, Cargo, Hero Hunt etc.... He attempts to justify his lack of interest and bashing of these modes by saying they ever hardly populated which is not the case for Droid Run, Droid Run I have found a full game 80 % of the time.
    I watched that video and found him funny and interesting then watched him contradict himself at the 22 minute mark and had to stop it. He made some points but the entire video is pure conjecture and opinion with no basis of fact.
  • Beaver
    1735 posts Member
    I don't care what anyone says, I'm having a blast with the game. Its not as complex as Battlefield were u can upgrade every classes ability and weapons with optics and such, butt its fun in a refreshingly simple way.
    The heck with a single player mission...I never play them anyhow! I go straight for the meat and potatoes, the online multiplayer. Now with that said, I have to agree, four maps at launch was pretty weak, no server browser or ability to squad up are also disappointing....Anyhow, I'm having a lot of fun with the game and that's all that counts. DICE, a few changes would make a good game a great game.
  • Great video review. Some very funny parts in there.
    I hope someone from EA/Dice will watch this.
  • MaTpr0F
    16 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    Beaver wrote: »
    I don't care what anyone says, I'm having a blast with the game.....

Buyers like you are the main reason that EA continoulsy givin us crap, half-finished games and still makes a good profit.
    Because you don't give them high expectations and they think that what they give is enough and satisfying. Well no it's not!

Seriously, a title like Battlefront and they give us this ***** with content thats hardy enough for a demo/beta, but not a full game. It's already boring. Oh, I forgot, there's more if I buy the season pass for the same price as the game. No mate, hell no....
  • Ighten_67 wrote: »
    I've pretty much come to the conclusion all he does is read forums first and then slant his review towards whats being said in those forums and amazon reviews.. His desire to be populist for 10p a day is a little sad to watch.

Actually, he sinks hours into playing the game first before giving it a review. I only stumbled across him after Rome 2 fiasco and he was spot on then, and is spot on now. Its bags of humour and unlike those paid review sites - he gives an honest view on whats good and not so good.

It's fair to say the majority of us here was expecting a much better game than what was delivered by EA/DICE and I was so pumped for this and after sinking only 60 hours in, I am done with it.
  • While he does make some fair and very legitimate points.

His style can be tough to watch sometimes. Like all the screaming and hyperbole to boot, I am honestly surprised he didn't say "EA ***** my childhood" or something along those lines.
    Also the whole getting his viewers to give donations in order to get a message up on screen rubs me the wrong way.
    Don't get me wrong, I fully support a content creators right to get paid via ads, Twitch/Patreon subscriptions or the like. But being able to pay to get a message on screen feels a little bit like exploiting his fans.
    <Insert Witty Statement Here>
  • JackPipsam wrote: »
    Don't get me wrong, I fully support a content creators right to get paid via ads, Twitch/Patreon subscriptions or the like. But being able to pay to get a message on screen feels a little bit like exploiting his fans.
    He isn't the only streamer to do this - many of the popular Twitch streamers do this as well. They get so many messages and the chat goes so fast, its all but impossible to keep up (due to the huge numbers of viewers), so a paid message guarantees you get a question.

Right or wrong, but if you see value, you will pay and frankly, some of the GOOD streamers make me howl laughing and their viewers are entertained - its as simple as that.
  • Like Totalbiscuits review it is purely based on the PC version. Normally Joe makes that point, but he didn't on this occasion leading to certain elements of his review being questionable by console players.

My problem with youtube reviewers is they never discuss the actual business model in a fair way. Always negative whenever dlc is mentioned. Joe is old enough to know we asked for dlc as consumers a decade ago, he just refuses to acknowledge it takes money and time to do this.

Personally the maps don't bother me, my friends and I on any game always have 2-3 favourites and only play them anyway. EA have just made 4 amazing maps instead which I enjoy.

The lack of single player is the only justified area I think that EA can be criticised on. We are not that advanced in today's era that we always can get online and more to the point nor do we always want to. Smashing bots has always been fulfilling and valuable bonding...unlike this games version that has easy mode or impossible mode without a cheat spot.

Like any review, word of mouth from trusted people around you is more valuable than people paid to do so, whether that's ign, gamespot or angry joe. They have opinions and you are allowed to have yours. Not everyone has to agree with the hardcore Gamer market.
  • Hali wrote: »
    Like Totalbiscuits review it is purely based on the PC version. Normally Joe makes that point, but he didn't on this occasion leading to certain elements of his review being questionable by console players.

My problem with youtube reviewers is they never discuss the actual business model in a fair way. Always negative whenever dlc is mentioned. Joe is old enough to know we asked for dlc as consumers a decade ago, he just refuses to acknowledge it takes money and time to do this.

The problem with DLC is that its being used at the expensive of the rest of the game. Many games now offer very little but if you purchase the DLC you can get X included. The next Warhammer game is a fine example. Pre-Purchase and you get the Chaos faction DLC. You have to be a total loon to pre-purchase anything Creative Assembly do now and as Joe points out, Chaos SHOULD be included in the game that only has 4 playable factions.

The same happened with Rome 2 and Sparta. DLC should enhance the gaming experience not break it apart and Joe rightly points out, given just how small the Battlefront player base is, the DLC will spread everyone out even more thinly - which benefits no one.
  • Hali
    41 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Problem is I have never seen Joe address the response. I'll copy and paste this section for you, whole thing is easy to find online.

'As it happens, for us money isn't our main objective, but just like income in a TW campaign, it's important because more money lets us do more stuff. We can invest more in supporting products in the past, make more varied and higher quality games in the present, and invest in technology for the future. 

Also, just like a TW campaign, we have to figure out the best strategy for maximising the number of happy players. Our general approach is to make the games we want to play and hope players agree with us, rather than trying to second guess what players might want and doing that. In the case of Warhammer, we want it all. All the races. All the units . All the magic. As authentically as we can possibly make it. With the best possible TW gameplay in there too. 
    When we were first planning the project, it was immediately obvious that this was a bit of a problem. All that lot was going to cost four times as much to build as the contents of the treasury. We were going to need more resources. Lots more resources.

To get that investment from SEGA (who are always supportive in backing us), we demonstrate that we can release a great game that results in a lot of happy players. But in order to do that with Warhammer content, it has to be split up into reasonable pieces in order to do all of it at a reasonable resource cost. 

The only way we can have all the races, all the units, all the magic, all authentic and super high quality is by building it up in multiple products; and for each of them we have to give a plausible prediction of how many people will be happy to buy it, so we can justify the cost of making it.'

The same applies to Dice and EA in their relationship with Disney and Lucas Arts. There isn't a massive pot of unlimited gold. Businesses make decisions, they come at the expense of others like single player - multiplayer in theory has replay ability.
    They want to give you more, but more requires money. The focus of this game was to deliver on graphics - a fact that reviewers like Joe and many others are quick to criticise on Watchdogs and other games that held back.
    Post edited by Hali on
  • As a player, getting more for less is unacceptable - regardless of the so called 'business' decisions. If Rome 2 was actually any good at launch, the DLC probably would have been over looked but it wasn't - and the same can be said for many games that dangles that carrot on a stick.

Joe points out just how much Battlefront had back in 2005 and 10 years later, many of those features have been removed and there's no doubt, each one will be added in new versions.
  • Hali
    41 posts Member
    Games require a lot more work than they did in 05.
    Companies have much larger markets to cater towards. They don't want to create 1 perfect game every 4 years. They want to make lots of smaller ones that get better with time for the fans of those games. The business model will not change because it works.

I strongly recommend going back and playing the original battlefronts if you have them. The combat and space battles are atrocious compared to today's standards. They really aren't anything to marvel over. EA could easily create a space sky box and put that in but players would see through that now, but that is all they did for battlefront 2.
  • Hali wrote: »
    Games require a lot more work than they did in 05.
    Companies have much larger markets to cater towards. They don't want to create 1 perfect game every 4 years. They want to make lots of smaller ones that get better with time for the fans of those games. The business model will not change because it works.

I strongly recommend going back and playing the original battlefronts if you have them. The combat and space battles are atrocious compared to today's standards. They really aren't anything to marvel over. EA could easily create a space sky box and put that in but players would see through that now, but that is all they did for battlefront 2.

Choke..skybox..technical understanding..pragmatism..very unusual.

• i_killed_a_jedi
    52 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Saw Joe's Twitch stream last night, couldn't believe how bad they were at playing it.
    Don't believe he actually played the game when he 'reviewed' it.
  • Watch @ThePoolshark review of the game. He knows what's up.
    #ForumFront
    #ANewEra
  • I don't care how pretty the game is or sounds...nobody eats ***** with whipped cream
    -A convoluted signature

• It is never either/or, it is always both and the balance between them that makes quality.What is deemed fun and pleasurable is always based on personal choise, all-ways.
    Personal opinions can make a general agreed consensus among a group of individuals, and that is all that it is. Any other approach is violating free will and creates friction, strive, war, destruction, etc.
  • Bigfeet wrote: »
    It is never either/or, it is always both and the balance between them that makes quality.What is deemed fun and pleasurable is always based on personal choise, all-ways.
    Personal opinions can make a general agreed consensus among a group of individuals, and that is all that it is. Any other approach is violating free will and creates friction, strive, war, destruction, etc.

General Consensus: "It sucks"
    -A convoluted signature

• SnipedArm wrote: »
    Watch @ThePoolshark review of the game. He knows what's up.

lol, i didn't review the game... just went off a bit of a rant
    The greatest moderator that EA has ever had.
  • SnipedArm wrote: »

Most reviews sound like that.
    #ForumFront
    #ANewEra
  • ThePoolshark
    2961 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    SnipedArm wrote: »
    SnipedArm wrote: »

Most reviews sound like that.

If I were to ever do a review, it wouldn't sound like that stuff... Angry Joe is just a whiny dummy (lol, censor)
    Post edited by ThePoolshark on
    The greatest moderator that EA has ever had.
  • I Just watched him play Jakku and yeah, your right, this guy totally sucks at Battlefront....

He doesn't deserve to post a review to anything.

First time I even looked at his channel and seen his Battlefront videos and Rainbow Six and this guy is seriously bad.
  • Haha i still playing
  • I've watched his review a lot, actually. I agree with most everything he said, about spawn kills, lack of campaign and meaningful single player. I still bought the game, but when it was $30.
    Do you guys think EA and DICE are going to add single player stuff to this version of Battlefront, even if it's through the season pass? Have any of you bought the season pass? Do you know if they're going to add bots or more cooperative stuff?
  • It's one of the best reviews I've seen so far, for Star Wars Battlefront EA. But I think, Dice won't belive him, and will do their development like in the frist part. They sold 13mio games. They think, they did it right and won't change every thing on their behaviour. Sad but the truth.
    4oEtTHz.png
  • BUMP!

His reaction to the diorama says it all!

https://youtu.be/Malmvi6GwDA?t=28m9s
  • Webn8tr_
    3145 posts Member
    Angry Joe reviews are the best.
    His one on star wars is spot on.
  • Ive ***** his word on alot of games and hes right on all of them.
  • I'm so angry with this game today! More than I've ever been so far! So with that... BUMP!
  • wow, I haven't seen his reviews in ages!! I watched him when he was starting, now he has over 2mil subscribers! haha...
    this review is also spot on btw!! :)