criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Triple XP Weekend: Heroes vs Villains + Hero Showdown

EA_Tom
290 posts EA Community Manager
serqyutck9bj.png

TRIPLE XP WEEKEND: HEROES VS VILLANS + HERO SHOWDOWN
Start Time: April 26 - 00:01 UTC
End Time: April 29 - 06:00 UTC

Triple XP for Heroes vs Villans and Hero Showdown.

hacnd9nv6753.png

Replies

• With Anakin still over powered after the update? No one is gonna want to play it.

Me.

Anakin is not a problem in HS because he can only be used once to win a round.
  • Cadoth
    1003 posts Member
    edited April 24
    With Anakin still over powered after the update? No one is gonna want to play it.

Now that his pull-passionate strike combo was nerfed he’s not a big threat in HvV anymore, I mean he can still deal 205 damages from behind with a base attack but the major problem in heroes modes was that freaking combo, he could literally keep you the entire match on the ground. Heroic might and retribution are more of a problem in GA and CS
  • Cadoth
    1003 posts Member
    edited April 24
    Btw the triple xp for HS is really appreciated, actually nevermind I thought HS was for hero star fighters
  • Zyder
    358 posts Member
    And what about ****??
  • Zyder
    358 posts Member
    Zyder wrote: »
    And what about ****??

Lol, it was Starfighter Showdown xD S . S
  • Cadoth wrote: »
    With Anakin still over powered after the update? No one is gonna want to play it.

Now that his pull-passionate strike combo was nerfed he’s not a big threat in HvV anymore, I mean he can still deal 205 damages from behind with a base attack but the major problem in heroes modes was that freaking combo, he could literally keep you the entire match on the ground. Heroic might and retribution are more of a problem in GA and CS

Wanna bet? I posted what I did after playing 6 different games of H v V post update.
    51bvn954fmlp.png
  • What is Hero Showdown?

A mode where you sit and wait or don't find matches at all.
  • GranularAni9
    277 posts Member
    edited April 25
    Triple XP? Niccce.

I haven't gotten Dooku or Anakin past level 5, so heck yes. I will use this Event to my advantage.

Thanks guys. ;)
    ndagk5imm3hf.gif

For the Rebellion!
  • Triple xp is nice.
    But it would be great if it was triple the credits too.
  • With Anakin still over powered after the update? No one is gonna want to play it.

Agreed
    This is just flat out horrible
    And they say they are listening to the community
    Nope
  • Goomas
    94 posts Member
    Time to level up a neglected hero.

Yay! I can up Rey to level 70 where she will have just enough power to kill an Ewok.... maybe... --sigh--
  • Cadoth
    1003 posts Member
    edited April 26
    Goomas wrote: »
    Time to level up a neglected hero.

Yay! I can up Rey to level 70 where she will have just enough power to kill an Ewok.... maybe... --sigh--

But heroes can’t get past lvl 40, or maybe you’re using some sort of sarcasm and I’m just not getting it
    Post edited by Cadoth on
  • mastery0ta wrote: »
    What is Hero Showdown?

Thought that was Hero Star Fighters? Or am I thinking of EH?

So the only hero based mode not to get triple xp? Hero Star Fighters.
    Why entice players to the mode when you can neglect it? EA, please get Criterion involved in this game again.
    #StarWars-y
  • Maliainu wrote: »
    Trooper only weekend… it makes sense. Let’s make it happen

https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/135596/happiness-is-a-warm-gun-the-beatles#latest

+1 vote in favor

Echoing this
    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima

The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

y6qvidach2x9.png

"I have never died to a Finn"
    What is Hero Showdown?

Why entice players to the mode when you can neglect it? EA, please get Criterion involved in this game again.

I too have longed for criterion to return. Tbh there are a few empty modes. At least when i try to play them anyways.
    mastery0ta wrote: »
    What is Hero Showdown?

I too have longed for criterion to return. Tbh there are a few empty modes. At least when i try to play them anyways.

Starfighters game play has definitely been pushed to the back burner for sometime now. I started playing it again recently because of all the drama in heroes and galactic and the repetition of capital. It would be really nice to see a new map or a new base ship and some love in the hero ship department.
  • I hope players dont get mad at me this weekend trying to level up non force users on my sons account. They are mostly around level 5.
    mastery0ta wrote: »
    What is Hero Showdown?

Starfighters game play has definitely been pushed to the back burner for sometime now. I started playing it again recently because of all the drama in heroes and galactic and the repetition of capital. It would be really nice to see a new map or a new base ship and some love in the hero ship department.

Seeing the live stream of Fondor way back when it was all getting started, finally getting to fly those Y-wings and TIE bombers we used as pickups in SWBF 15 FS. Having those PT era star fighters ARC-170s, V-wings, N1, and Droid ships. SA such a great/fun and balanced mode that nicely covers all eras and to see it not supported...
    Even if SA HvV enabled players to re-spawn as hero ships then I think it's possible the mode would get some life again. Would certainly allow the many new players coming to the game an opportunity to quickly level up hero ships. Especially when the SA HvV mode is included with triple xp events for other "hero" modes. Just saying.
    Anyone remember when Luke jumped out of his X-wing and destroyed the DS with his light saber? Yeah, me neither.

#StarWars-y
  • Ok it has to be said. No one cares about the 3xp weekend. We are gonna run into anakin. Km trying to lvl up my leia and finn phasma boskin etc etc. And no. Anakin kills me. . This is a game. It is suppose to be FUN.
  • Triple xp is nice.

I was going to say that as an extra incentive for those of us that maxed out the heroes long ago. Mind you, still have more credits than I can spend but more is always nice...
    My youtube channel Star Wars Battlefront, Battlefield 4 etc gameplay https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCF4zDYJfLp_rvcKzALVEXHA?view_as=subscriber
  • Triple xp is nice.

Yes, please! My Han Solo character still owes Jabba credits.

xepd3t39w55z.gif

For the Rebellion!
  • timbad_2
    127 posts Member
    edited April 26
    Triple xp doesn’t seem to be working on PS4?

Scratch that: I think it is working, it’s just not telling you on the en don round screen.
  • Trooper only weekend… it makes sense. Let’s make it happen

https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/135596/happiness-is-a-warm-gun-the-beatles#latest

+1
  • timbad_2 wrote: »

Scratch that: I think it is working, it’s just not telling you on the en don round screen.
    Ok, so it’s not just on the Xbox. There’s a lot of server-side lag thought
  • Triple xp is nice.

Yes, please! My Han Solo character still owes Jabba credits.

xepd3t39w55z.gif

^ ^ ^

Which one?

v v v

t7tarjrfj5bw.jpeg
  • timbad_2 wrote: »

Not working on Xbox.
    ZI7BNkU.gif
    ^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
    (Sorta like an insane Japanese SOAD, but w/ 3 vocalists and slap bass)

Gamertag: Billkwando YouTube: Billkwando
    Find me in HvV, pushing people off of stuff and watching them fall, like a cat.
  • Im trying to rankup my heroes and villains but heroes is impossible.. i Always GET F&*!^%^%^* DARKSIDE I PLAYED LIKE 39 MATCHES AND IN THOSE MATCHES I GOT LIGHTSIDE 3 FLIPPING TIMES
  • Strange it’s not working on xbox.
    I don’t know how the text got mangled on my previous post, but I was trying to say that the xp was being applied, but the end of round screen wasn’t telling me: in previous events, it has clearly stated “double xp” or triple, in the experience screen.

However the points must have been applied because I had at least 2 matches where whichever hero I was playing went up 2 levels, instead of the usual 1 - and they were already high level e.g. one started at 37 and went to 39 in one match.
  • Im trying to rankup my heroes and villains but heroes is impossible.. i Always GET F&*!^%^%^* DARKSIDE I PLAYED LIKE 39 MATCHES AND IN THOSE MATCHES I GOT LIGHTSIDE 3 FLIPPING TIMES

You can thank the genious that is end of round matchmaking for that💩
  • Tigzee
    175 posts Member
    It's a non-event for anyone fortied-up across the board on Heroes. Triple XP for Starfighter Heroes...now that would be indeed welcome again. But this is ONLY HvV and HS, right?
  • Literally unplayable
  • Maliainu
    1107 posts Member
    Tigzee wrote: »
    But this is ONLY HvV and HS, right?

Afraid so
  • Funny. Went in to a match aHvV and there were 8 on the LS. still needed 8 players. That would be awesome. 8v8 in HvV
  • Any help on how to use Obi Wan. I can't get anything going with him. I always miss with his push. I never hit with mind trick. And the rush is just idk...m
  • Again. How can I level up my low level characters with 3xp when I'm having to fight against lvl 40 leia's hand anakins and obis. While I'm I lvl 8 iden. Or how can dream with lvl 40 reys
  • sukebe7
    375 posts Member
    Great, now nobody is playing anything else.
    If you see this, it means I haven't found a game in well over 30 minutes.
    PLAYERS NEEDED: ANY!
  • I will not use anakin.
  • fabregas115
    122 posts Member
    edited April 29
    Weird games tonight
    Post edited by fabregas115 on
  • fabregas115
    122 posts Member
    edited April 29
    No comment
  • fabregas115
    122 posts Member
    edited April 29
    So. Why. I'm trying level up. But I can't. Its 3xp. And all we get for trying is maxed out anakins anyway.
  • Nobody is playing it in the Euro time zone on PC. Can only get a game when US people come online.