criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Battle Point Event
Focused Feedback

Jackfrags plays Battlefront 2 for first time since Nov 2017

124Next

Replies

• sukebe7
    423 posts Member
    Now all he needs is to get a game at hand, just like COD.
    If you see this, it means I haven't found a game in well over 30 minutes.
    PLAYERS NEEDED: ANY!
  • sukebe7
    423 posts Member
    Who?!?

He has over 2m subscibers on Youtube.

And the guy who made this video has over 18 million. Who gives a damn?

The more subs he has that watch it, the more people that may start playing BF2. More players is always a good thing.

Naw, Viewers are not players. In the '90s, I had a friend who would play games on his original playstation and his wife just enjoyed watching him play. I thought she was crazy. Now there's Twitch.
    Who knew.
    If you see this, it means I haven't found a game in well over 30 minutes.
    PLAYERS NEEDED: ANY!
  • Ppong_Man12
    2723 posts Member
    edited April 30
    Relmets wrote: »
    "initial" is the key word there. Someone posted the same Jackfrags video on Reddit, and it's getting the exact opposite reaction. It's mostly positive and people excited for more good news for the game. There's a group of posters on these forums that have to drag down every single thread with mostly the same arguments...week after week, month after month. When they don't have a legit complaint, they'll make something up.

yeah but the people here are saying that they don't think the fact that jackfrags played the game out of the blue is really going to mean anything in the long run

They aren't some malevolent cult trying to tear down anything positive, they're disgruntled after having dealt with this game and its live service for over a year now. Rightfully so if you ask me. I'm sure a lot of them would be happy if it turned out that JF and his video revived the game. I don't blame them for not thinking it will though.

Agree with Relmets, and to add, if he’s not gonna pull a Ninja,, a Scump, a Tfue, and dedicate to playing long term it’s only a one time affair, a quick fix but nothing lasting. Thing is those guys I listed play some type or competitive modes frequently. It’s something this game doesn’t offer it seem to want.

How long can playing a pub of GA sustain followers. Most guys I know want competitive play of some sort of great players going against other great players, be it overwatch, cod, CSGO, gears, halo, fornite, even mario super smash brothers and DBZ has tournaments. Again those games all have that primary competitive aspect this game is missing, something bf15 has btw and battlefield has it to an extent.

Nothing against Jack and he does an excellent job on BField, if he commits to front it wound be great and a huge boost imo, again if he he commits on a regular basis. Right now I just don’t think this game has what it takes, (competitive balanced gameplay and modes), to bring in the big YouTubes, competitive players, and streamers imo.

On an end note, I hope Jack stays with it because it will surely help, maybe we’ll eventually get there.
  • GranularAni9
    277 posts Member
    edited April 30
    SSJSnoop wrote: »
    Jezzzah wrote: »
    Cheers for the recommendations and the welcome from a few of you here. Not sure about some of the other responses...I guess there are some contentious issues over the game underneath it all. I suppose I'll judge this for myself in time.

I'm sure you'll like it. Most of the negativity on here comes from long time players that chose to stick things out when the launch went bad. I waited to put time into the multiplayer until after many of the problems were fixed and we started to get new content again. For a new player like yourself, the game is in a good spot now.

Exactly.

I also took a long break from this game last fall until recently.

This game is what it should have been at launch and I can't imagine how amazing it must be for brand new players who will never know what the first 6 months of this game was like.

Yes! This too!

It's good to here that I wasn't the only person to do something a certain way. - I stopped playing a few months after release and then came back during Obi-Wan's release. The game certainly does feel better since then.

d4ko6njp4sfl.gif

For the Rebellion!
  • bfloo
    15824 posts Member
    Bringing to light how heinous lootboxes were in this game was a positive thing.

You're missing the point. I'm not picking a side on whether it was good or bad. I'm only pointing out that the blowup --- which included tons of negative publicity from the Reddit post -- reduced the amount of future content solely for this game. Was it worth it? Perhaps. That's up for you to decide

Did it hurt the game right out of the gate, sure. But this game has had bad decision after bad decision since.

Is gaming better off for it, so far.
    I do wonder if they picked this game for it hoping to just get Star Wars fans to pay blindly for crystals.

The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• ZephanUnbound
    3059 posts Member
    edited April 30
    sukebe7 wrote: »
    Who?!?

The more subs he has that watch it, the more people that may start playing BF2. More players is always a good thing.

Naw, Viewers are not players. In the '90s, I had a friend who would play games on his original playstation and his wife just enjoyed watching him play. I thought she was crazy. Now there's Twitch.
    Who knew.
    Tell that to some of the developers who have had the sales for their games blow up because big youtubers and twitch streamers played their game. Take "Getting Over It With Bennett Foddy" for example, that game ended up selling over 3m copies because all of the big Twitch streamers and Youtubers played it, if that game had released a decade ago before the Twitch and Youtube gaming phenomenon, it might have sold a few hundred thousand copies tops. And that is just one of many examples. I have heard stories of indie games seeing sales spikes of 10x or more because a single mid level Youtube let's player decided to play their game.

Now, does Jack Frags playing Battlefront 2 mean that millions of players are going to come flocking back to the game? Of course not. But the video does have 400k views so far, if even 5% of those viewers buy a copy of the game or go back and play a copy of the game that they bought at release and later quit playing, then that is a win for Battlefront 2. It's also worth noting that it's not just Jack Frags, several Youtubers and gaming critics have done "Battlefront 2 revisited" and "Battlefront 2- How is it in 2019?" type videos so far this year and all of them have been positive so far from what I've seen. DICE meanwhile is reporting that the player count is back up to December 2017 levels again with lots of new players recently. I wouldn't be surprised at all if these videos from Youtubers and Gaming Critics have played a pretty big part in all of those new and returning players.
  • Ppong_Man12
    2723 posts Member
    edited April 30
    I think if Jack would commit even as little as once a week for a few hours it could help quite a bit and bring in new players. If he just plays once a year that’s gonna be a tough go because I don’t think people will take him serious enough.
  • Hey all. Thought this was worth a post on the forums. Some really good press for Battlefront 2.

For those of you who don't know, Jackfrags is a very well known YouTuber. He creates gameplay videos for a variety of shooters, but seems to be most well known for his Battlefield videos. He apparently tuned into Battlefront Updates playing Capital Supremacy and liked what he saw. So for the first time since November 2017, he played Battlefront 2 and uploaded the video of it.

He drew Geonosis on Capital Supremacy. Looks like he had a great time, and said he might do a Kashyyyk video.

Enjoy!

He's a hype wagon money goof who abounded the game despite it being good when it wasn't full on clone ward profit. No respect for him ot his fake media opinions.
  • I think if Jack would commit even as little as once a week for a few hours it could help quite a bit and bring in new players. If he just plays once a year that’s gonna be a tough go because I don’t think people will take him serious enough.

In the video he says he might also upload a playthrough of Kashyyyk. I think it's likely we could see him revisit the game. Since Battlefield V hasn't had the best start, it's given him a window to upload videos of other games. He's also been doing videos revisiting BF3 and BF4 as well as some of the Battle Royale games. Battlefront 2 may now be in his rotation of games to revisit.
  • bfloo wrote: »

You're missing the point. I'm not picking a side on whether it was good or bad. I'm only pointing out that the blowup --- which included tons of negative publicity from the Reddit post -- reduced the amount of future content solely for this game. Was it worth it? Perhaps. That's up for you to decide

Did it hurt the game right out of the gate, sure. But this game has had bad decision after bad decision since.

I do wonder if they picked this game for it hoping to just get Star Wars fans to pay blindly for crystals.

100% agree with what you've been saying. Does it stink that our game had to be the one to take it on the chin? Absolutely. But think of the alternative. If EA had gotten away with this, who knows how far they would have taken it.

And as for content, it may be very different too. They are trying things like CS to reinvigorate interest in the game. Otherwise, they might not be doing much different or adding something like a Battle Royale LOL!! Look at BFV...it's not getting squat worth playing and they have the manpower. The progression system and monetization would not have been reworked either.

And speaking of BFV, look at the monetization they put in that game. They added premium skins you can't get without spending real money. That's just a taste of what would have happened in this game if they didn't get a wake up call at launch.
  • SSJSnoop
    2152 posts Member

You are picking a side actually.

You THINK that the lootbox blowup reduced content. I don't think that since there was never a season pass and all dlc would be free.

It was absolutely worth it. There's no deciding.
  • Ppong_Man12
    2723 posts Member
    edited April 30
    bfloo wrote: »

Agreed, hunt and jp cargo over classic Cargo, DR, or DropZone. CS over basic Supremacy or Classic Conquest, most of what comes out is hero based, we still have no new weapons, no private matches, no detailed stats. Far to many gimmick spur of the moment things imo. Classic is called classic for a reason, it doesn’t get old.
  • Franchaud
    572 posts Member
    edited April 30
    Hey all. Thought this was worth a post on the forums. Some really good press for Battlefront 2.

For those of you who don't know, Jackfrags is a very well known YouTuber. He creates gameplay videos for a variety of shooters, but seems to be most well known for his Battlefield videos. He apparently tuned into Battlefront Updates playing Capital Supremacy and liked what he saw. So for the first time since November 2017, he played Battlefront 2 and uploaded the video of it.

He drew Geonosis on Capital Supremacy. Looks like he had a great time, and said he might do a Kashyyyk video.

Enjoy!

we all play SINCE launch. deserters don't count. is it even allowed to advertise youtubers here, @IronSoldier ?
    Battlefield = Not Star Wars - Force Unleashed = Star Wars #infantrylivesmatter
  • Are you kidding me with this? Tagging mods because you think I'm advertising? LOL!! People post videos from YouTubers on here all the time.
  • Franchaud
    572 posts Member
    Are you kidding me with this? Tagging mods because you think I'm advertising? LOL!! People post videos from YouTubers on here all the time.

no, i'm just asking. he still doesn't count. i *;#% on quitter's opinion. he wasn't there. but you go ahead and 'like'.
    Battlefield = Not Star Wars - Force Unleashed = Star Wars #infantrylivesmatter
  • mastery0ta
    6416 posts Member
    Have no idea who this dude is. But sounds like a good thing to me.
  • GranularAni9
    277 posts Member
    edited May 1
    sukebe7 wrote: »
    Who?!?

Who knew.

"Viewers are not players" .... I dare you to type this under any Fortnite video on YouTube.
    For the Rebellion!
  • sukebe7 wrote: »
    Who?!?

Who knew.

"Viewers are not players" .... I dare you to type this under any Fortnite video on YouTube.

Well, if we're going to go there, BF17 is usually around #150 to #200 on the Twitch directory. You better be happy those numbers aren't reflective of the playerbase, or the game would be ultra dead.
    My name is Bob

• Who ?
  • Ppong_Man12
    2723 posts Member
    Imo this game needs something to bring back twitch and/or youtubers and we don’t have that currently imo. Competitive modes brings in competitive players, balanced gameplay brings in competitive players, cheap spam does not. And before someone says hey all I want is a casual game well that’s fine, you should get to keep your casual game because what I’m proposing has nothing to do with that.

I’m saying add a competitive or tournament mode of some type, be it Cargo, DropZone, a real actual competitive version of HvV with out the garbage casual spam,(it’s actually gotta work also). Most big lasting games have some type of competitive/tournament gameplay that gets the big names/players involved. Again, look at Overwatch, COD, Halo, Gears, SuperSmash Bros, Fornite, League of Legends, Rocket League, CSGO, even Dragonball z constantly has tournaments on x2 and Fighter-z.
  • Jezzzah
    8 posts Member
    Speaking from a just new player point of view I'd agree with the above Ppong also.

I can only find one significant and up to date youtuber putting out content for this game (Sammiboi I think his name is).

Youtubers definitely help the games they make content for, being a long time Battlefield player there are at least a dozen good youtubers putting out decent up to date content for that series.