criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission
No Match for a Good Blaster

If Anakin is ruined next week i'm out

13

Replies

  • Someone said that heroic might never happened in Star Wars. So true, I’m pretty sure the designer is just another Anakin Fan boy because there’s no justification being a nuclear bomb.



    Pretty accurate.
  • Someone said that heroic might never happened in Star Wars. So true, I’m pretty sure the designer is just another Anakin Fan boy because there’s no justification being a nuclear bomb.



    Pretty accurate.

    So they gave Anakin a move that Savage used. Brilliant.
  • Terranova4
    437 posts Member
    Someone said that heroic might never happened in Star Wars. So true, I’m pretty sure the designer is just another Anakin Fan boy because there’s no justification being a nuclear bomb.

    Savage Oppress did it
  • willywonka7
    1604 posts Member

    Actually. 50 second mark



    i'm still not convinced that Savage Opress is doing a force absorb bomb like heroic might can do. To me opress is just doing a force push and not absorbing the blaster shots and turning it into a force bomb. I mean if you just quickly activate heroic might and only do the force push then it looks exactly the same so I would agree that they got the animation from this scene; however, I don't think that opress is force absorbing blasters in that scene like heroic might can do if you hold down the button.

    I at the very beginning of the move you can see he is getting hurt by the blasters. I think that he focuses with the force to ignore the pain.....maybe he is force absorbing. It's hard to say since it was a brief second and not squatting for like 1 minute like Anakin can do in the game.
  • bfloo
    15696 posts Member
    Someone said that heroic might never happened in Star Wars. So true, I’m pretty sure the designer is just another Anakin Fan boy because there’s no justification being a nuclear bomb.



    Pretty accurate.

    So they gave Anakin a move that Savage used. Brilliant.

    Lets see, when has Han ever thrown a det charge, when has Chewie ever used the Hulk ground slam, When has Luke ever used repulse, when did Lando ever throw a smoke nade, when did Leia ever deploy a shield, when did Phasma do anything.....

    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


  • Billkwando
    1926 posts Member
    Anakin has had several nerfs and yes he does need tweaking in certain areas but when someone on the team of the game says "nerfed into the ground" I have all the right to be worried. They released this iconic character into this game and to have him just be useless is a crime. Let's hope they don't over do it.

    If you're the kind of person who thinks he is fair and balanced as is, then we won't miss you. Bye Felicia.
    ZI7BNkU.gif
    ^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
    (Sorta like an insane Japanese SOAD, but w/ 3 vocalists and slap bass)

    Gamertag: Billkwando PSN: Billkwando YouTube: Billkwando
    Find me in HvV, pushing people off of stuff and watching them fall, like a cat.
  • Someone said that heroic might never happened in Star Wars. So true, I’m pretty sure the designer is just another Anakin Fan boy because there’s no justification being a nuclear bomb.



    Pretty accurate.

    So they gave Anakin a move that Savage used. Brilliant.

    It's a mix of retribution & this yes
  • bfloo wrote: »
    Someone said that heroic might never happened in Star Wars. So true, I’m pretty sure the designer is just another Anakin Fan boy because there’s no justification being a nuclear bomb.



    Pretty accurate.

    So they gave Anakin a move that Savage used. Brilliant.

    Lets see, when has Han ever thrown a det charge, when has Chewie ever used the Hulk ground slam, When has Luke ever used repulse, when did Lando ever throw a smoke nade, when did Leia ever deploy a shield, when did Phasma do anything.....

    I see what you're getting at. But each of those abilities at least fit the character that they're given to. Anakin was not a one-man Force Nuke in any sense. So having a move, let alone 2, that give him room-clearing capabilities just don't fit his character

  • Actually. 50 second mark


    i'm still not convinced that Savage Opress is doing a force absorb bomb like heroic might can do. To me opress is just doing a force push and not absorbing the blaster shots and turning it into a force bomb. I mean if you just quickly activate heroic might and only do the force push then it looks exactly the same so I would agree that they got the animation from this scene; however, I don't think that opress is force absorbing blasters in that scene like heroic might can do if you hold down the button.

    I at the very beginning of the move you can see he is getting hurt by the blasters. I think that he focuses with the force to ignore the pain.....maybe he is force absorbing. It's hard to say since it was a brief second and not squatting for like 1 minute like Anakin can do in the game.[/quote]

    They said on Reddit this was where they got the inspiration from
  • bfloo
    15696 posts Member
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    bfloo wrote: »
    Someone said that heroic might never happened in Star Wars. So true, I’m pretty sure the designer is just another Anakin Fan boy because there’s no justification being a nuclear bomb.



    Pretty accurate.

    So they gave Anakin a move that Savage used. Brilliant.

    Lets see, when has Han ever thrown a det charge, when has Chewie ever used the Hulk ground slam, When has Luke ever used repulse, when did Lando ever throw a smoke nade, when did Leia ever deploy a shield, when did Phasma do anything.....

    Han having a detonate is probably a reference to the explosives he set in the endor bunker.

    Thanks for helping


    ebyqiwlvlq45.png

    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


  • bfloo wrote: »
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    bfloo wrote: »
    Someone said that heroic might never happened in Star Wars. So true, I’m pretty sure the designer is just another Anakin Fan boy because there’s no justification being a nuclear bomb.



    Pretty accurate.

    So they gave Anakin a move that Savage used. Brilliant.

    Lets see, when has Han ever thrown a det charge, when has Chewie ever used the Hulk ground slam, When has Luke ever used repulse, when did Lando ever throw a smoke nade, when did Leia ever deploy a shield, when did Phasma do anything.....

    Han having a detonate is probably a reference to the explosives he set in the endor bunker.

    Thanks for helping


    ebyqiwlvlq45.png

    yec6esxb8qlx.png
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

  • bfloo wrote: »
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    bfloo wrote: »
    Someone said that heroic might never happened in Star Wars. So true, I’m pretty sure the designer is just another Anakin Fan boy because there’s no justification being a nuclear bomb.



    Pretty accurate.

    So they gave Anakin a move that Savage used. Brilliant.

    Lets see, when has Han ever thrown a det charge, when has Chewie ever used the Hulk ground slam, When has Luke ever used repulse, when did Lando ever throw a smoke nade, when did Leia ever deploy a shield, when did Phasma do anything.....

    Han having a detonate is probably a reference to the explosives he set in the endor bunker.

    Thanks for helping


    ebyqiwlvlq45.png

    yec6esxb8qlx.png

    87ec7xzt5n29.png
  • Empire_TW
    6500 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    bfloo wrote: »
    Someone said that heroic might never happened in Star Wars. So true, I’m pretty sure the designer is just another Anakin Fan boy because there’s no justification being a nuclear bomb.



    Pretty accurate.

    So they gave Anakin a move that Savage used. Brilliant.

    Lets see, when has Han ever thrown a det charge, when has Chewie ever used the Hulk ground slam, When has Luke ever used repulse, when did Lando ever throw a smoke nade, when did Leia ever deploy a shield, when did Phasma do anything.....

    Han having a detonate is probably a reference to the explosives he set in the endor bunker.

    Thanks for helping


    ebyqiwlvlq45.png

    yec6esxb8qlx.png

    ammhzhxs9akx.png
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    First Max Prestige Iden Versio
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    bfloo wrote: »
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    bfloo wrote: »
    Someone said that heroic might never happened in Star Wars. So true, I’m pretty sure the designer is just another Anakin Fan boy because there’s no justification being a nuclear bomb.



    Pretty accurate.

    So they gave Anakin a move that Savage used. Brilliant.

    Lets see, when has Han ever thrown a det charge, when has Chewie ever used the Hulk ground slam, When has Luke ever used repulse, when did Lando ever throw a smoke nade, when did Leia ever deploy a shield, when did Phasma do anything.....

    Han having a detonate is probably a reference to the explosives he set in the endor bunker.

    Thanks for helping


    ebyqiwlvlq45.png

    yec6esxb8qlx.png

    ammhzhxs9akx.png

  • So your argument is if a SITH, that was warped by a WITCH, can do it good ole Jedi Anakin should be able to nuke everyone. Makes sense
  • OoiiHooked_22
    2244 posts Member
    edited May 3
    And the most obvious fact, the horned dude was taking DAMAGE and because of the fact that laser blasters kinda, or should, hurt he was able to channel all his witchy and dark side power to do that. But no, Anakin can do that with full health WITH some magic protection from laser bolts 😂 You think it’s a coincindece you don’t find more examples of a walking nuke?!
  • But you provided answer, I didn’t even know that happened so thanks I guess!!! Mynpoints still stand
  • Billkwando
    1926 posts Member
    Terranova4 wrote: »
    Someone said that heroic might never happened in Star Wars. So true, I’m pretty sure the designer is just another Anakin Fan boy because there’s no justification being a nuclear bomb.

    Savage Oppress did it

    The fact that there's a character named "Savage Oppress" is another good reason I'll never watch this cartoon, and while I'm on the subject of names, why the prequels are awful. Why didn't they just name Greebs "Major Badguy"?
    ZI7BNkU.gif
    ^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
    (Sorta like an insane Japanese SOAD, but w/ 3 vocalists and slap bass)

    Gamertag: Billkwando PSN: Billkwando YouTube: Billkwando
    Find me in HvV, pushing people off of stuff and watching them fall, like a cat.
  • Billkwando wrote: »
    Terranova4 wrote: »
    Someone said that heroic might never happened in Star Wars. So true, I’m pretty sure the designer is just another Anakin Fan boy because there’s no justification being a nuclear bomb.

    Savage Oppress did it

    The fact that there's a character named "Savage Oppress" is another good reason I'll never watch this cartoon, and while I'm on the subject of names, why the prequels are awful. Why didn't they just name Greebs "Major Badguy"?

    The original trilogy isn't that much better tbh.
  • Empire_TW
    6500 posts Member
    Billkwando wrote: »
    Terranova4 wrote: »
    Someone said that heroic might never happened in Star Wars. So true, I’m pretty sure the designer is just another Anakin Fan boy because there’s no justification being a nuclear bomb.

    Savage Oppress did it

    The fact that there's a character named "Savage Oppress" is another good reason I'll never watch this cartoon, and while I'm on the subject of names, why the prequels are awful. Why didn't they just name Greebs "Major Badguy"?

    Commander Nefarious, Captain Im-A-Bad-Guy, and Admiral Bone To Pick were supposed to be in RotS with him but they got cut.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    First Max Prestige Iden Versio
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • Billkwando wrote: »
    Terranova4 wrote: »
    Someone said that heroic might never happened in Star Wars. So true, I’m pretty sure the designer is just another Anakin Fan boy because there’s no justification being a nuclear bomb.

    Savage Oppress did it

    The fact that there's a character named "Savage Oppress" is another good reason I'll never watch this cartoon, and while I'm on the subject of names, why the prequels are awful. Why didn't they just name Greebs "Major Badguy"?

    The original trilogy isn't that much better tbh.

    OF COURSE....you're not a fan of the OT. The hits keep on coming.

    No I prefer the OT movies over the prequel movies. They're just overrated & have the same issues as the prequel trilogy. The only great OT movie is empire strikes back. Rogue One is better than a new hope & that was a stand alone film. Rots is better than 4 & 6. The OT has better movies but all of those movies aren't 10s more like 7s
  • Billkwando wrote: »
    Terranova4 wrote: »
    Someone said that heroic might never happened in Star Wars. So true, I’m pretty sure the designer is just another Anakin Fan boy because there’s no justification being a nuclear bomb.

    Savage Oppress did it

    The fact that there's a character named "Savage Oppress" is another good reason I'll never watch this cartoon, and while I'm on the subject of names, why the prequels are awful. Why didn't they just name Greebs "Major Badguy"?

    The original trilogy isn't that much better tbh.

    OF COURSE....you're not a fan of the OT. The hits keep on coming.

    Just because someone doesn't have the same opinion billy doesn't mean they are not a fan of said era
  • Terranova4
    437 posts Member
    So your argument is if a SITH, that was warped by a WITCH, can do it good ole Jedi Anakin should be able to nuke everyone. Makes sense

    Savage wasn't a Sith
  • F8RGE wrote: »
    Psy3d wrote: »
    The dev's catering for casual NPC's now and there is no turning back from the looks of it. So get ready for more nerfs on Ani until he's on par with Luke.

    And so what? Lore of "who should be more powerful" has no practical standing in this game.

    This is our line of thinking as well.

    This is a game and as such we will try to balance Anakin in line with other heroes. Just because he is the Chosen One doesn't mean that in the game he needs to wreck everyone. He needs to still feel powerful, and still feel like Anakin. He shouldn't be an I-Win button.

    Then why Luke skywalker does not feel like luke skywalker and you guys haven't made a change to him in months... :open_mouth:
  • Ppong_Man12
    2609 posts Member
    I
    bfloo wrote: »
    Franchaud wrote: »

    Your Heroic Might complaint, you should check out the Mortis arc in TCW because the episode where he uses the inspiration for heroic might and retribution are in it, ya know, when he literally paralyzes the embodiments of the Light and Dark sides of the Force and brings them to their knees. Not saying he should be like that in-game, but there’s precedent lol

    Are you talking about this scene?


    It doesn't show anyone blasting anakin and him just absorbing all those blasters and explosions to turn into a force bomb. It shows him using the force to force push, choke, and pull.....which is more what retribution is doing. I'm fine with the animation of retribution just not how often it can be spammed.

    As for heroic might though......NO......there isn't any basis in Star Wars for Force absorbing explosions and lasers to turn into a force bomb.

    Actually. 50 second mark


    so basically you want the game to turn into a cartoon. how about 'whack' and 'pow' pop ups everytime you hit.

    TCW is the best thing star wars & has been for the past 10 years so sure. Also count Dooku, Obi-Wan, Maul, Anakin, & the clones are voiced by cartoons actors soooooo. Even the battle of kamino is from the clone wars. Nice troll though

    I'd say Rogue One was the best thing over the last 10 years.

    TCW could be great at times, but when it was bad it was terrible.

    Rogue One was pretty good. I'd still give it to TCW though. The 1st 2 seasons were mostly garbage but season 3 and beyond were amazing overall

    Spot on. From that point is when it actually got good.
  • Billkwando wrote: »
    Terranova4 wrote: »
    Someone said that heroic might never happened in Star Wars. So true, I’m pretty sure the designer is just another Anakin Fan boy because there’s no justification being a nuclear bomb.

    Savage Oppress did it

    The fact that there's a character named "Savage Oppress" is another good reason I'll never watch this cartoon, and while I'm on the subject of names, why the prequels are awful. Why didn't they just name Greebs "Major Badguy"?

    The original trilogy isn't that much better tbh.

    OF COURSE....you're not a fan of the OT. The hits keep on coming.

    Just because someone doesn't have the same opinion billy doesn't mean they are not a fan of said era

    Well that's good to know. 😁
  • Billkwando wrote: »
    Terranova4 wrote: »
    Someone said that heroic might never happened in Star Wars. So true, I’m pretty sure the designer is just another Anakin Fan boy because there’s no justification being a nuclear bomb.

    Savage Oppress did it

    The fact that there's a character named "Savage Oppress" is another good reason I'll never watch this cartoon, and while I'm on the subject of names, why the prequels are awful. Why didn't they just name Greebs "Major Badguy"?

    The original trilogy isn't that much better tbh.

    OF COURSE....you're not a fan of the OT. The hits keep on coming.

    No I prefer the OT movies over the prequel movies. They're just overrated & have the same issues as the prequel trilogy. The only great OT movie is empire strikes back. Rogue One is better than a new hope & that was a stand alone film. Rots is better than 4 & 6. The OT has better movies but all of those movies aren't 10s more like 7s

    They do not have the same issues as the PT because they are adventure movies and not political “thrillers”/tragedies so their cheesiness is built into the genre they’re aiming for. They just have a better sense of fun.

    Additionally they don’t feature actors desperately trying to breathe life into a green screen set and aren’t reliant on the believability of a terribly written romances. “I know” > “Sand is course and you are soft.”

    Everyone is totally entitled and encouraged to love whatever Star Wars experience they love. But for me the PT will always be inferior to everything else because of this. I like humans acting like humans with human emotions in my movies.
  • LucKazama
    162 posts Member
    Im glad he got nerfed into the ground now i can play him and somewhat feel good about it as before after realizing he was broken to shiit i didn't want to play him cause it literally required little to no effort,just wiping the floor with people,after his nerf he wasn't broken but still OP as i played a match and it was just me and luke against 4 people and we completely demolished them,if that doesn't say hes OP then idk what will.But now...now i can play orphan ani without worry about 1 hit killin people.But i do still have a problem with retribution,the damage as been nerfed thank god so ani by himself using that ability doesn't warrant fear however the time you're held in the air is way too long,granted if someone strikes you you're free from the choke but not the damage or push back(actually the push can be blocked i just get hit cause im being attack by other people).But anyway im glad he got nerfed,now all the people that can't do anything unless they play orphan ani are gonna have to be more strategic.And on a side note im also glad because now him and darth vader seem to be on par cause the whole anakin stronger than darth vader was really starting to get on my nerves.We all know vader is stronger than anakin(or at least we all should know)
  • Alex64
    7649 posts Member
    Ruined Balanced.
    The kind mixed with the wicked, the will to fight until the end, I'm not your enemy or friend.
  • willywonka7
    1604 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »
    Someone said that heroic might never happened in Star Wars. So true, I’m pretty sure the designer is just another Anakin Fan boy because there’s no justification being a nuclear bomb.



    Pretty accurate.

    So they gave Anakin a move that Savage used. Brilliant.

    Lets see, when has Han ever thrown a det charge, when has Chewie ever used the Hulk ground slam, When has Luke ever used repulse, when did Lando ever throw a smoke nade, when did Leia ever deploy a shield, when did Phasma do anything.....

    Han used detonite charges in Return of the Jedi

    Chewy is just a super physical beast.....it doesn't fully make sense, but it's close. i wish the melee animation was different, but I get what they are doing.

    Lando comes from cloud city where they mine gas from the atmosphere and smoke grenades are a thing....so it's not to hard to understand why he would have it.

    Yeah but repulse is just a force push aimed at the ground.....also Luke has moved some rocks so the two together isn't that hard to understand.


    I'm still not sold on the fact that Opress was absorbing anything in that scene and not just ignoring the pain instead. I mean it is a cartoon so it won't be that accurate with violence and battle wounds a lot of the time to keep the rating for children to see.

  • Paulie_Gualtieri
    378 posts Member
    edited May 3
    F8RGE wrote: »
    Psy3d wrote: »
    The dev's catering for casual NPC's now and there is no turning back from the looks of it. So get ready for more nerfs on Ani until he's on par with Luke.

    And so what? Lore of "who should be more powerful" has no practical standing in this game.

    This is our line of thinking as well.

    This is a game and as such we will try to balance Anakin in line with other heroes. Just because he is the Chosen One doesn't mean that in the game he needs to wreck everyone. He needs to still feel powerful, and still feel like Anakin. He shouldn't be an I-Win button.
    @F8RGE
    So why has he been so strong for this long? Why was he even released in his initial state when the dev team admitted how overpowered he was?
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    Anakin being ruined is more preferable than the game being ruined because of him.

    Exactly. The reason anakin is being ruined now is because of poor design choices when making him, Heroic Might and Retribution are so lazily designed so they can either be what they are which is 360° room clearing abilities, or they can just be nerfed and nerfed over and over untill useless.

    I honestly think that HM and Retribution need changing.
  • lalo558
    10 posts Member
    I've been two weeks since I played this game again, I'm taking the platinum pending games

    : D

    and I do not miss this game.
  • Piscettios
    5862 posts Member
    F8RGE wrote: »
    Psy3d wrote: »
    The dev's catering for casual NPC's now and there is no turning back from the looks of it. So get ready for more nerfs on Ani until he's on par with Luke.

    And so what? Lore of "who should be more powerful" has no practical standing in this game.

    This is our line of thinking as well.

    This is a game and as such we will try to balance Anakin in line with other heroes. Just because he is the Chosen One doesn't mean that in the game he needs to wreck everyone. He needs to still feel powerful, and still feel like Anakin. He shouldn't be an I-Win button.
    @F8RGE
    So why has he been so strong for this long? Why was he even released in his initial state when the dev team admitted how overpowered he was?

    Best user name I’ve seen in a while 🤣
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • Lee1981
    1985 posts Member
    Billkwando wrote: »
    Terranova4 wrote: »
    Someone said that heroic might never happened in Star Wars. So true, I’m pretty sure the designer is just another Anakin Fan boy because there’s no justification being a nuclear bomb.

    Savage Oppress did it

    The fact that there's a character named "Savage Oppress" is another good reason I'll never watch this cartoon, and while I'm on the subject of names, why the prequels are awful. Why didn't they just name Greebs "Major Badguy"?

    The original trilogy isn't that much better tbh.

    OF COURSE....you're not a fan of the OT. The hits keep on coming.

    No I prefer the OT movies over the prequel movies. They're just overrated & have the same issues as the prequel trilogy. The only great OT movie is empire strikes back. Rogue One is better than a new hope & that was a stand alone film. Rots is better than 4 & 6. The OT has better movies but all of those movies aren't 10s more like 7s

    Watching you try and explain yourself is like watching a fly get through a door/window........ Painful to watch
    Best comment ever
  • Piscettios wrote: »
    F8RGE wrote: »
    Psy3d wrote: »
    The dev's catering for casual NPC's now and there is no turning back from the looks of it. So get ready for more nerfs on Ani until he's on par with Luke.

    And so what? Lore of "who should be more powerful" has no practical standing in this game.

    This is our line of thinking as well.

    This is a game and as such we will try to balance Anakin in line with other heroes. Just because he is the Chosen One doesn't mean that in the game he needs to wreck everyone. He needs to still feel powerful, and still feel like Anakin. He shouldn't be an I-Win button.
    @F8RGE
    So why has he been so strong for this long? Why was he even released in his initial state when the dev team admitted how overpowered he was?

    Best user name I’ve seen in a while 🤣
    That’s my middle name. Paul.
  • Great. Another full diaper thread about someone threatening to leave because of The Broken One being either too weak or too powerful gets a dev comment but SA and Extraction threads are ignored. I understand there are other methods like reddit and Twitter to communicate, but is this how to manage the EA forums section of the SWBF community?
    #StarWars-y
  • Franchaud
    572 posts Member
    Franchaud wrote: »

    Your Heroic Might complaint, you should check out the Mortis arc in TCW because the episode where he uses the inspiration for heroic might and retribution are in it, ya know, when he literally paralyzes the embodiments of the Light and Dark sides of the Force and brings them to their knees. Not saying he should be like that in-game, but there’s precedent lol

    Are you talking about this scene?


    It doesn't show anyone blasting anakin and him just absorbing all those blasters and explosions to turn into a force bomb. It shows him using the force to force push, choke, and pull.....which is more what retribution is doing. I'm fine with the animation of retribution just not how often it can be spammed.

    As for heroic might though......NO......there isn't any basis in Star Wars for Force absorbing explosions and lasers to turn into a force bomb.

    Actually. 50 second mark


    so basically you want the game to turn into a cartoon. how about 'whack' and 'pow' pop ups everytime you hit.

    TCW is the best thing star wars & has been for the past 10 years so sure. Also count Dooku, Obi-Wan, Maul, Anakin, & the clones are voiced by cartoons actors soooooo. Even the battle of kamino is from the clone wars. Nice troll though

    what troll. at least they have to adjust TCW character's looks so they don't have cartoon written all over them, like the droid infiltrator. something some movie adaption suffer from. i get that the movie options are somewhat depleted, and thank god for no Hux, but generally i'd prefer some EU characters over TCW. thanks Disney. i'm not convinced that cartoons look good in frostbite.
    Battlefield = Not Star Wars - Force Unleashed = Star Wars #infantrylivesmatter
  • Franchaud
    572 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »
    Franchaud wrote: »

    Your Heroic Might complaint, you should check out the Mortis arc in TCW because the episode where he uses the inspiration for heroic might and retribution are in it, ya know, when he literally paralyzes the embodiments of the Light and Dark sides of the Force and brings them to their knees. Not saying he should be like that in-game, but there’s precedent lol

    Are you talking about this scene?


    It doesn't show anyone blasting anakin and him just absorbing all those blasters and explosions to turn into a force bomb. It shows him using the force to force push, choke, and pull.....which is more what retribution is doing. I'm fine with the animation of retribution just not how often it can be spammed.

    As for heroic might though......NO......there isn't any basis in Star Wars for Force absorbing explosions and lasers to turn into a force bomb.

    Actually. 50 second mark


    so basically you want the game to turn into a cartoon. how about 'whack' and 'pow' pop ups everytime you hit.

    TCW is the best thing star wars & has been for the past 10 years so sure. Also count Dooku, Obi-Wan, Maul, Anakin, & the clones are voiced by cartoons actors soooooo. Even the battle of kamino is from the clone wars. Nice troll though

    I'd say Rogue One was the best thing over the last 10 years.

    TCW could be great at times, but when it was bad it was terrible.

    i'd prefer the asian bad^$$ duo over ahsoka and cad bane.
    Battlefield = Not Star Wars - Force Unleashed = Star Wars #infantrylivesmatter
  • Franchaud
    572 posts Member
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    bfloo wrote: »
    Someone said that heroic might never happened in Star Wars. So true, I’m pretty sure the designer is just another Anakin Fan boy because there’s no justification being a nuclear bomb.



    Pretty accurate.

    So they gave Anakin a move that Savage used. Brilliant.

    Lets see, when has Han ever thrown a det charge, when has Chewie ever used the Hulk ground slam, When has Luke ever used repulse, when did Lando ever throw a smoke nade, when did Leia ever deploy a shield, when did Phasma do anything.....

    Han having a detonate is probably a reference to the explosives he set in the endor bunker.

    he threw a box of charges at ben burtt's cameo.
    Battlefield = Not Star Wars - Force Unleashed = Star Wars #infantrylivesmatter
  • Franchaud
    572 posts Member
    lalo558 wrote: »
    I've been two weeks since I played this game again, I'm taking the platinum pending games

    : D

    and I do not miss this game.

    'i am wondering, why are you here'.
    Battlefield = Not Star Wars - Force Unleashed = Star Wars #infantrylivesmatter
  • Franchaud
    572 posts Member
    Billkwando wrote: »
    Terranova4 wrote: »
    Someone said that heroic might never happened in Star Wars. So true, I’m pretty sure the designer is just another Anakin Fan boy because there’s no justification being a nuclear bomb.

    Savage Oppress did it

    The fact that there's a character named "Savage Oppress" is another good reason I'll never watch this cartoon, and while I'm on the subject of names, why the prequels are awful. Why didn't they just name Greebs "Major Badguy"?

    The original trilogy isn't that much better tbh.

    Ralph McQuarrie's design is timeless, epic and believable. screw Doug Chiang's cartoon PT. OT was, is and always will be the real Star Wars. everything else is as terrible as a Daniel Craig as James Bond.
    Battlefield = Not Star Wars - Force Unleashed = Star Wars #infantrylivesmatter
  • Lee1981
    1985 posts Member
    Franchaud wrote: »
    Billkwando wrote: »
    Terranova4 wrote: »
    Someone said that heroic might never happened in Star Wars. So true, I’m pretty sure the designer is just another Anakin Fan boy because there’s no justification being a nuclear bomb.

    Savage Oppress did it

    The fact that there's a character named "Savage Oppress" is another good reason I'll never watch this cartoon, and while I'm on the subject of names, why the prequels are awful. Why didn't they just name Greebs "Major Badguy"?

    The original trilogy isn't that much better tbh.
    everything else is as terrible as a Daniel Craig as James Bond.
    Now you really are talking rubbish
  • Franchaud
    572 posts Member
    edited May 4
    Lee1981 wrote: »
    Franchaud wrote: »
    Billkwando wrote: »
    Terranova4 wrote: »
    Someone said that heroic might never happened in Star Wars. So true, I’m pretty sure the designer is just another Anakin Fan boy because there’s no justification being a nuclear bomb.

    Savage Oppress did it

    The fact that there's a character named "Savage Oppress" is another good reason I'll never watch this cartoon, and while I'm on the subject of names, why the prequels are awful. Why didn't they just name Greebs "Major Badguy"?

    The original trilogy isn't that much better tbh.
    everything else is as terrible as a Daniel Craig as James Bond.
    Now you really are talking rubbish

    a blonde movie bond? you're not getting the point is all. but i'll rephrase. Ehrenreich as Han Solo. a choice that doesn't stick to, if you will, what worked better before, but takes a drastic turn for the sake of being different. #ingruber
    Post edited by Franchaud on
    Battlefield = Not Star Wars - Force Unleashed = Star Wars #infantrylivesmatter
  • DarthCapa2
    2929 posts Member
    F8RGE wrote: »
    Psy3d wrote: »
    The dev's catering for casual NPC's now and there is no turning back from the looks of it. So get ready for more nerfs on Ani until he's on par with Luke.

    And so what? Lore of "who should be more powerful" has no practical standing in this game.

    This is our line of thinking as well.

    This is a game and as such we will try to balance Anakin in line with other heroes. Just because he is the Chosen One doesn't mean that in the game he needs to wreck everyone. He needs to still feel powerful, and still feel like Anakin. He shouldn't be an I-Win button.

    It is your line of thinking from 1 month because when you release him he was so strong and so broken. Anyway i remember to you that Vader is the chosen one too and actually he need some love especially in big modes vs infantry. Buff his force choke damage to 150 vs infantry, his focused rage at 150 damages as well and bring back his original health at 900.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!