criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Game Update
Forest of Endor

The possibility of Jyn, Krennic, & Scarif coming to Battlefront II?

Prev1
masontcarr
606 posts Member
I was wondering what the possibility of Jyn, Krennic, & Scarif being ported to Battlefront II could be? The only things they would change to Jyn & Krennic would be voice lines, abilities, animations, skins, etc. And for Scarif, have it for GA, Blast, Heroes vs Villains (gonna be Hero Blast soon), Hero showdown, & Arcade. What do you think? would it be possible?

Replies

• masontcarr
    606 posts Member
    Cadoth wrote: »
    It would be great to happen

Same. we gotta see what later this year brings us.
  • Franchaud
    572 posts Member
    gotta love Jyn.
    Battlefield = Not Star Wars - Force Unleashed = Star Wars #infantrylivesmatter
  • KZ_Toxic
    332 posts Member
    edited May 4
    Cadoth wrote: »
    KZ_Toxic wrote: »
    I hope not... the movie was great n all and the characters are fine. I just don't like the idea of more shooter heroes. That's one of the reasons I disliked the previous BF. Lack of force users.

Not that the game is lacking force users but whatever

They're not absent from it I know... but there was what, like 3? I ended up quitting that around the time the second dlc was announced. They went full hipster at that time like "hey, who's the most obscure characters we can develop..." Freaking greedo dengar and numb... what a joke. My memory of the hero selection is hazy these days
  • dirgerex
    91 posts Member
    Beyond Jyn and Krennic coming to BF2, I think most would like to see Jedha come to BF2 in all phases. Galactic Assault, Strike, EXTRACTION!, Blast, and HVV.
  • UrbanGlitch
    3247 posts Member
    I would love Scarif, Jyn and Krennic to come to the game, but not as a port, I'd prefer them to be brand new, just like Endor and Hoth, etc.
  • I would love some Rogue One Content! Personally, though, I would be fine with just Scarif and Jedha City (Extraction!) maps, and no heroes.
    Bring back Extraction to the main menu please!

What the ROADMAP should look like for 2019/2020:
    “Season” 4: Episode IX
    “Season” 5: Rogue One
  • Alwe15
    1383 posts Member
    Relmets wrote: »
    I hope not... the movie was great n all and the characters are fine. I just don't like the idea of more shooter heroes. That's one of the reasons I disliked the previous BF. Lack of force users.

Saber cringe is the last thing this game needs. Reminder Battlefront is a shooter.

Battlefront is a multi-troop-type game. However, there is enough Saber representation atm.
  • Spiito
    1979 posts Member
    Anything's possible.
    But everything also comes at a price. (Or so I've heard.)

They could remake/port old content over. Or they could make new content.
    How much do you want something you haven't played with yet?
    C0pClITUAAESwyT.jpg
    Wknuto!
  • Relmets
    2406 posts Member
    Alwe15 wrote: »

Saber cringe is the last thing this game needs. Reminder Battlefront is a shooter.

Battlefront is a multi-troop-type game. However, there is enough Saber representation atm.

it's a shooter, glad you agree sabers aren't a priority though
    [+3748 posts]
  • BucksawBoushh
    5500 posts Member
    edited May 5
    Spiito wrote: »
    Anything's possible.

wjco7tu1d0tf.gif
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • RyanK388
    1846 posts Member
    I hope so because in the large game modes well only one large game mode such as galactic assault (“because CS is Clone Wars only”) the empire could use a trooper buffing hero similar to Yodas presence on the battlefield Because that’s the one gimmick or one of the gimmicks that the Darkside heroes do not have and could definitely use

Jyn would probably be a brawler type hero getting up close and personal alongside the basic grunts and helping in fights instead of keeping their distance and barely helping the fight because players are trying to “Snipe” with her
  • masontcarr wrote: »
    I was wondering what the possibility of Jyn, Krennic, & Scarif being ported to Battlefront II could be? The only things they would change to Jyn & Krennic would be voice lines, abilities, animations, skins, etc. And for Scarif, have it for GA, Blast, Heroes vs Villains (gonna be Hero Blast soon), Hero showdown, & Arcade. What do you think? would it be possible?
    I heard Charlemagne say on Twitter “RO content isn’t off the table” And yes, RO stuff should be in the game, maybe have Jedha in there too, and eadu for SA, and maybe scarif could be in CS, assuming dice makes it for all eras(which they should)

• Alwe15
    1383 posts Member

I disagree. COD is a shooter. Medal of Honor is a shooter. This game must be considered something else as there are so many non-shooting elements. It's a moot point however, as I'm sure there are plenty of opinions on the matter.

What we both agree is that we currently have enough Saber Lords 😂
  • VoodooKing
    235 posts Member
    Would love to see Jedha in a capital supremacy map with the Star Destroyer hanging overhead the city.
  • mastery0ta
    6426 posts Member
    Yes. Scariff is the thing I want most out of the game. Been trying to find matches on 15 to experience it again. Meesa not beings so lucky
  • KZ_Toxic
    332 posts Member

Primarily, yes. Tho it is also multifaceted. In that sabers are part of it. That's essentially what sets this apart from the same ol boring shooter games. If devs so choose to go heavy on the shooter heroes as they did last time, I'll end up packing this one up too. Doesn't really bother me. For now, it'll do. So we'll wait n see I guess.
  • Hesha
    510 posts Member
    Please add scariff, just imagine how beautiful the beach would look on this engine.
  • Hesha wrote: »
    Please add scariff, just imagine how beautiful the beach would look on this engine.

I know, right! We need a tropical climate map in this game (and Kashyyyk’s beach and Yavin’s forest don’t count). I’m talking palm trees and tropical beaches interspersed with tropical jungle and landing pads.
    Bring back Extraction to the main menu please!

What the ROADMAP should look like for 2019/2020:
    “Season” 4: Episode IX
    “Season” 5: Rogue One
  • On another thread a moderator said it was not likely.
  • Spergicide
    462 posts Member
    CaptainM09 wrote: »
    Scarif is already in the campaign, which proves that it is possible

fxf06quxb87o.jpg

They just put it there to taunt us. I doubt they will actually expand on it.
  • mastery0ta
    6426 posts Member
    Save Scariff. Save the dream
  • CaptainM09 wrote: »
    Scarif is already in the campaign, which proves that it is possible

fxf06quxb87o.jpg

Yeah, why haven't they added it yet to GA, Arcade, & other modes.
  • Maliainu
    1107 posts Member
    Apparently its not as easy to port over maps and heroes as you'd think, but I still would like to see them in BF2, never had a chance to play them in the old game.

kc23fyp4xavs.gif
  • jordi1337
    1414 posts Member

while i think that there should be blaster heroes coming in the future can you tell me what is cringy about sabers?
  • Relmets
    2406 posts Member
    jordi1337 wrote: »

while i think that there should be blaster heroes coming in the future can you tell me what is cringy about sabers?

how awfully implemented they are

https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/136692/saber-heroes-overriding-abilities#latest
    [+3748 posts]
  • jordi1337
    1414 posts Member

https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/136692/saber-heroes-overriding-abilities#latest

its just a garbage base designed game but why would that make sabers cringy.. i dont get it
  • Relmets
    2406 posts Member

its just a garbage base designed game but why would that make sabers cringy.. i dont get it

And I'm speaking in the context of the game

Are you just looking for reasons to argue with me now?

emote.png
    [+3748 posts]
  • Apparently its not as easy to port over maps and heroes as you'd think, but I still would like to see them in BF2, never had a chance to play them in the old game.

Agree. It wouldn't be easy as we think to port over content from battlefront 2015.
  • Alex64 wrote: »
    That's the kind of content we should receive.

yeah. i could see this happening in 2020. after the clone wars and episode 9 content release.
  • Scarif as a GA episode would be great addition. It would not really work in CS, though, which is where DICE is trending at the moment.

Adding in Jyn and Krennic as two new heroes... I'm on the fence on. I'd rather see it as a trooper-only mode with vehicles, enforcers, and star fighters.
  • Spiito wrote: »
    Anything's possible.

C0pClITUAAESwyT.jpg

#StarWars-y
  • Yeah...krennic is a poor choice... unless one of his abilities is choking on his aspirations.
  • KZ_Toxic
    332 posts Member
    edited August 13
    3nnl6hronve0.jpg
    Alex64 wrote: »
    Yeah...krennic is a poor choice... unless one of his abilities is choking on his aspirations.

giphy.gif

• I certainly hope this happens. But, the possibiliity of the Devs not responding to this thread? High. (I hope they prove me wrong, but the Extraction Maps thread gets ignored, so....)
  • Laser921
    2110 posts Member
    edited August 13
    Rogue One makes the most sense for a season centered on the Rebels/Empire so I really hope it happens because of:

New heroes, maps, skins for rebels and imperials. I also hope when Fallen Order comes out they bring new skins too, like the Purge Trooper would be pretty cool to play as and the Rebel Marine from Rogue One? Even better,
    Post edited by Laser921 on
    Emotion yet Peace, Ignorance yet Knowledge, Passion yet Serenity, Chaos yet Harmony, Death yet the Force
  • It's a year that I say it needs Scarif (I mean it was in BF I, why not here?)...and maybe some characters too
  • Jyn & Krennic & Scarif is the content I would like to see the most in BF2 (beside some more SA & Extraction maps).
  • Axone
    416 posts Member
    Director Krennic; the dark side support hero!
  • Axone wrote: »
    Director Krennic; the dark side support hero!

Yeah, the darkside definitely needs a support hero. and Krennic is the top choice.
  • lowell
    1640 posts Member
    Rogue One could be good content to release to tie-in with the release of the Cassian & K-2SO series on Disney+ just like Rebels content in the game would be good to tie-in with the post-ROTJ Rebels sequel series.
  • lowell wrote: »
    Rogue One could be good content to release to tie-in with the release of the Cassian & K-2SO series on Disney+ just like Rebels content in the game would be good to tie-in with the post-ROTJ Rebels sequel series.

Yeah. Maybe it could happen then.