criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission
No Match for a Good Blaster

HVV New mode concept

StarWars0525
2601 posts Member
The following is an ideal about how to change HVV for the better into a more fun interacting game mode.

With a series of rotating objectives that keep players on the move. Throughout the course of a match, players from both sides attempt to hold these positions in order to earn points for their teams. To earn points within these objectives players must kill enemy heroes to successful score. Every kill counts as one point and once one team reaches 50 points, they win. The circles are 50 by 50 radius.

So what do you guys think?

Replies

• OcDoc
    1868 posts Member
    The following is an ideal about how to change HVV for the better into a more fun interacting game mode.

With a series of rotating objectives that keep players on the move. Throughout the course of a match, players from both sides attempt to hold these positions in order to earn points for their teams. To earn points within these objectives players must kill enemy heroes to successful score. Every kill counts as one point and once one team reaches 50 points, they win. The circles are 50 by 50 radius.

So what do you guys think?

I think I saw a video by Sammy Boiii on YouTube on that today. It has been done in other games and apparently worked well.

It has been proposed here before. I know it came up in a thread I started. The devs might consider it down the road but apparently we are getting Hero Blast like it or not.

I like the rotating objective point much better than Hero Blast. At the least, I don’t think it would be as boring.

• KresusFIN
    2725 posts Member
    Something along the lines of For Honor's Dominion sounds like a nice idea.
    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima

The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

y6qvidach2x9.png

"I have never died to a Finn"
  • StarWars0525
    2601 posts Member
    KresusFIN wrote: »
    Something along the lines of For Honor's Dominion sounds like a nice idea.

Better then a target system I think in my opinion
  • I’ve always wondered why it says “new objective” when it’s always the same.
    Hech4Lyf!
  • StarWars0525
    2601 posts Member
    I’ve always wondered why it says “new objective” when it’s always the same.

???
  • I've always liked that one player's idea of keeping the target system, making every kill worth 1 point but if you kill the target that's worth 5 points. Gives it just a hint of spice over the complete blandness that Hero Blast would be.
  • I've always liked that one player's idea of keeping the target system, making every kill worth 1 point but if you kill the target that's worth 5 points. Gives it just a hint of spice over the complete blandness that Hero Blast would be.

That wouldn’t be too bad. Hero blast might be a bit bland but I personally think it’s an improvement to what we have now. Don’t you agree?
  • OcDoc
    1868 posts Member
    Look up Hero Hardpoint on YouTube if you want to see a video that describes this concept.
  • I'd love a hero only version of the smaller game modes. Rotate through strike, extraction, hero blast and current HvV...would be a great playlist in my opinion. Something for everyone.
  • Piggl3_blast3r
    427 posts Member
    edited May 17
    Appl3corps wrote: »
    I'd love a hero only version of the smaller game modes. Rotate through strike, extraction, hero blast and current HvV...would be a great playlist in my opinion. Something for everyone.

Best idea I’ve heard. Unfortunately they’re going with boring, short TDM.
    Hech4Lyf!
  • So like king of the hill from Halo, with a moving hill, and only kills in that spot count? I’d be down. Honestly i’d like to see more HvV modes in general