criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
August Community Calendar

An Ideal Vader Buff/Nerf

Below I'm going to make list of what changes Vader needs in my opinion.
bxy8783c5t7l.png
DARTH VADER
"Darth Vader's high survivability and powerful Force powers enable him to stand on the frontlines and slowly advance on his enemies."
c8siyboijtnf.png
DETAILS
Lightsaber damage: 130 < 140
Heath: 800
Heath Regeneration: 250
Abilities:
b0f7bc2gzhdb.png
LIGHTSABER THROW
Damage: 150
Cooldown: 8 seconds
44ra2wbjw0o5.png
FOCUSED RAGE
Boost Damage: +15 < +20
Cooldown: 15 < 20 seconds
0ydpbsjj5acj.png
FORCE CHOKE
Damage: 120 < 150
Cooldown: 25 < 15 seconds
Current Topics:
Leia Improvements
Heroes vs Villains Improvements
4th Ability Concept - Yoda

1j58fmke3evs.png
PSN / Twitter: PlayersPurity

❝ 𝘐 𝘥𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘸𝘩𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘰𝘳 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘤𝘢𝘮𝘦 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘮
𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘮 𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘰𝘯, 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘥𝘰 𝘢𝘴 𝘐 𝘵𝘦𝘭𝘭 𝘺𝘰𝘶. 𝘖𝘬𝘢𝘺? ❞
- Leia Organa

Replies

• The arrows are pointing the wrong way. It looks like you want his damage to go from 140 to 130.

• The arrows are pointing the wrong way. It looks like you want his damage to go from 140 to 130.

😂😂😂😂
  • Zenosa wrote: »

The Ideal Vader buff:
    • HP reverted back to 900
    • Damage Reduction Reverted Back to 50%. At the very least higher than the current 25% with the card
    • Force Choke Deals Increased Damage against infantry units

Balanced.

No.. No.. and No !

• Damage Reduction Reverted Back to 50%

We have already experienced during the release. Darth Vader was simply unbeatable and horrible in HVV. I do not want to have the same problem with Anakin.
    You are completely crazy

DiCE want to increase this damage ... and you want to put him as much health as Anakin?

You are serious ?
    • 900 HP
    + Star Cards 150 HP
    + Focused Rage 200 HP
    = 1250 HP

1250 HP + 50% Damage reduction....
    And now imagine 140 damage instead of 130 damage on these attacks...

NOOOO !! IT'S VERY VERY OP
    F******** OP...

In this forum all the players are completely crazy.

I also think that a vast majority of star cards should be reworked on all the heroes (those of the game's release)

Just look at the star cards of Anakin Skywalker .... They are all perfect !!
    Not one is bad.
    + I would even put a penalty on stamina for the star card : 25 damage ! Yes, Grievous has a penalty of 40% for 30 additional damage. (DICE must fix this problem on this star card in order to balance its power)

Balancing Darth Vader must also go through these star cards.

You know Finn gives his allies 50% damage reduction right? That damage reduction was very nice for GA
  • AbyssWatch3r
    4974 posts Member
    edited May 5
    Zenosa wrote: »
    No.. No.. and No !
    Please, save us the crying, nobody wants to hear it, he was actually playable and a force to be reckoned with like the emperor in GA, unlike now.

We have already experienced during the release. Darth Vader was simply unbeatable and horrible in HVV. I do not want to have the same problem with Anakin.
    You are completely crazy
    He was not "unbeatable" in HvV and only destroyed those in a RT mash contest. Fell well below the threshold of what Anakins currently at in both modes. Fact is he was balanced in GA, and very strong in HvV. Not overpowered or undefeatable especially with chewbacca and Lando's stun locks. Save it.
    DiCE want to increase this damage ... and you want to put him as much health as Anakin?
    He doesn't need higher damage, it should be reverted back to 120 or stay at 130. To be clear I think dice is buffing the wrong aspects concerning Vader.
    You are serious ?
    • 900 HP
    + Star Cards 150 HP
    + Focused Rage 200 HP
    = 1250 HP
    YES! Thats how Tanks work. They have high HP and high damage resistance, and thats with star cards not everybody will decide to run.

[b]NOOOO !! IT'S VERY VERY OP
    F******** OP...[/b]
    Not even close, Vader needs higher HP and more Damage reduction in GA, Hands down, the nerfs may have made it easier on the scrubs in HvV but horribly unbalanced him in GA. He's essentially a lightsaber throw dispenser now and gets melted if he tries pushing. It's not all about that small sub-game mode HvV. Sorry, and it's not like Vaders the only Hero that needs to be buffed up either.
    No they're not, rather it's people like you, who virtually wet the bed over the idea of remotely viable and powerful Heroes operating in this game. Constantly crying for nerfs so you can essentially just have an easier time and spend less of it in the spawn screen. Catering to the lowest common denominator is literally killing this game and making it a joke to play. Thus far theres only 3 Heroes they've got right, everyone else is broken in one facet or another and we'll continue to bring this **** up until it gets fixed. Just like with maul and Yoda getting blocks and Heal cards for every hero this is the next hammer to fall. Vader's not balanced in GA and underpowered, no other trickity trick or low-key buff is going to change that outside of additional damage resistance. I'm sorry if that upsets your laidback casual HvV experience, but it's ruining the games primary mode.
    I also think that a vast majority of star cards should be reworked on all the heroes (those of the game's release)
    This is the only place I'll agree with you, everyone has dead weight or bugged star cards. In addition to actual reworks to some abilities this needs to be addressed as well.
    Not one is bad.
    The passionate strike cards are bad and not worth running, thanks to all the people calling "OP". The irony here is palatable.
    + I would even put a penalty on stamina for the star card : 25 damage ! Yes, Grievous has a penalty of 40% for 30 additional damage. (DICE must fix this problem on this star card in order to balance its power)
    No. It's a stupid penalty that cripples use of the card in the current stamina mechanics. Now that the old system of saber combat is gone so must this penalty. It wasn't designed with the current changes in mind. Ax it.
    Absolutely not. At the Very least his HP should be reverted back to 900, with 250 regen it was balanced. 1k Health on a slow tank-like character was not overpowered. You can save the prattle.
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif
  • TheUltimateHope
    991 posts Member
    edited May 5

The Ideal Vader buff:
    • Damage Reduction Reverted Back to 50%. At the very least higher than the current 25% with the card

Balanced.

No.. No.. and No !

You are completely crazy

You are serious ?
    • 900 HP
    + Star Cards 150 HP
    + Focused Rage 200 HP
    = 1250 HP

F******** OP...

Not one is bad.

You know Finn gives his allies 50% damage reduction right? That damage reduction was very nice for GA

These forums teach you a new way to see life and maths. 50% damage reduction, faster health regen, faster cooldowns, no heat building, bonus health of 120 on 20+ players every 9 seconds is balanced but 50% damage reduction, half less stamina drain, damage increase and 200 bonus health on a single MELEE character every 20 secs is horribly OP.
    Yet when you do the maths (yes the maths again) you end up seeing that the side with the first ability wins approximately ten times more than the other.
  • Below I'm going to make list of what changes Vader needs in my opinion.
    bxy8783c5t7l.png
    DARTH VADER
    "Darth Vader's high survivability and powerful Force powers enable him to stand on the frontlines and slowly advance on his enemies."
    c8siyboijtnf.png
    DETAILS
    Lightsaber damage: 130 < 140
    Heath: 800
    Heath Regeneration: 250
    Abilities:
    b0f7bc2gzhdb.png
    LIGHTSABER THROW
    Damage: 150
    Cooldown: 8 seconds
    44ra2wbjw0o5.png
    FOCUSED RAGE
    Boost Damage: +15 < +20
    Cooldown: 15 < 20 seconds
    0ydpbsjj5acj.png
    FORCE CHOKE
    Damage: 120 < 150
    Cooldown: 25 < 15 seconds

To my knowledge Vader’s Lightsaber Throw deals 150 damage and has an 8 second cool down. No changes needed here.

Focused Rage should deal 150 damage like Dooku’s Duelist and this ability has approx. a 16 second cool down.

Choke does about just less than 150 damage with the Punishing Grip boost card and has approx. a 25-30 second cool down. Choke needs buffed in a way that its cool down should be 15 seconds but does less damage (90 to 120). This is Vader’s signature ability.

Further note. I think Vader’s base lightsaber damage should be increased by 10 to make 140 damage per swing instead of 130. The characters I mention next all deal 130 damage per swing: Luke, Obi-Wan, Anakin, Grievous and Dooku.
  • If you want Vader to have less health you gotta give him more stamina that why Vader has such high health and such low stamina equal things out

The Ideal Vader buff:

Balanced.

No.. No.. and No !

You are completely crazy

You are serious ?
    • 900 HP
    + Star Cards 150 HP
    + Focused Rage 200 HP
    = 1250 HP

F******** OP...

Not one is bad.

Do not compare Darth Vader with Finn ....
    Nooo but seriously !!

• Finn can not block and does not have a lightsaber.
    • Finn is also much slower during the activation of his ability.

Have you played at least since the release?
    => I do not believe.

Darth Vader received 50% damage reduction because of a problem that DICE has fixed.

And during all these months !!
    It was a real hell in HvV !!!

I do not want to relive that.

So put him 250 HP or 300 HP ( Focused Rage ) that to give him 50% damage reduction.

If you put 50% !! He will be able to make 1v3 in HvV ... already that at the moment.. he is already very strong for that with his choke

Don’t compare Vader to Finn you say? Even with all that you mentioned, you forgot to address Finn essentially doubles an ENTIRE teams health. With Finns big deal it basically can give Yoda almost 2000 health (taken into account that there’s technically twice the health because damage is reduced by 50%). It would give buffed heroes like Chewie Anakin over 2000 health. And on top of that, add a Yoda buff stack to it and you have an entire team of about 2000 health characters. Vader being the literal anchor for any gamemode gives plenty of reason to give him this buff. One guy on a team that has 2500 health versus an entire team with 2000 is hardly fair. I’m all for he buffs suggested for Vader.
    Now obviously nobody has that amount of health but 50% reduction means you it would take 10 hits to kill instead of 5. So “double health.” Just wanted to make that clear
  • CC_1010
    1413 posts Member

The Ideal Vader buff:

Balanced.

No.. No.. and No !

You are completely crazy

You are serious ?
    • 900 HP
    + Star Cards 150 HP
    + Focused Rage 200 HP
    = 1250 HP

F******** OP...

Not one is bad.

Nooo but seriously !!

=> I do not believe.

Darth Vader received 50% damage reduction because of a problem that DICE has fixed.

So put him 250 HP or 300 HP ( Focused Rage ) that to give him 50% damage reduction.

If you put 50% !! He will be able to make 1v3 in HvV ... already that at the moment.. he is already very strong for that with his choke

Don’t compare Vader to Finn you say? Even with all that you mentioned, you forgot to address Finn essentially doubles an ENTIRE teams health. With Finns big deal it basically can give Yoda almost 2000 health (taken into account that there’s technically twice the health because damage is reduced by 50%). It would give buffed heroes like Chewie Anakin over 2000 health. And on top of that, add a Yoda buff stack to it and you have an entire team of about 2000 health characters. Vader being the literal anchor for any gamemode gives plenty of reason to give him this buff. One guy on a team that has 2500 health versus an entire team with 2000 is hardly fair. I’m all for he buffs suggested for Vader.
    Now obviously nobody has that amount of health but 50% reduction means you it would take 10 hits to kill instead of 5. So “double health.” Just wanted to make that clear

More buffs for Vader? How can you even say this.
  • CC_1010
    1413 posts Member

The Ideal Vader buff:

Balanced.

No.. No.. and No !

You are completely crazy

You are serious ?
    • 900 HP
    + Star Cards 150 HP
    + Focused Rage 200 HP
    = 1250 HP

F******** OP...

Not one is bad.

Nooo but seriously !!

=> I do not believe.

More buffs for Vader? How can you even say this.
  • Yikes. That’s all I’m saying. Yikes.

The Ideal Vader buff:

Balanced.

No.. No.. and No !

You are completely crazy

You are serious ?
    • 900 HP
    + Star Cards 150 HP
    + Focused Rage 200 HP
    = 1250 HP

F******** OP...

Not one is bad.

Nooo but seriously !!

=> I do not believe.

People who don’t want Vader to have 50% damage reduction are dumb when it comes to stuff like this. Take a regular trooper being affected by Big deal.

150 health, plus 120 equals 270 health. Now factor in the fact that there’s 50% damage reduction given and you get an extra 135 health on top. This means a base Assault class has essentially 405 health. That means an Assault can take nearly 4 swings to kill and had more health than an enforcer. Troopers become Enforcers, Enforcers become Heroes, and heroes become powerhouses. Let’s take Han Solo, lowest health hero.
    650+120=770+50% damage reduction equals essentially 1,155 health, with both recharge decrease and unlimited firing. How can one justify this but not Vader?
    You guys are gonna make me rich......
    Xbox G-tag
    XJO461
    That Specialist rework was disappointing.
    nceaq2h23fqj.png

The Ideal Vader buff:

Balanced.

No.. No.. and No !

You are completely crazy

You are serious ?
    • 900 HP
    + Star Cards 150 HP
    + Focused Rage 200 HP
    = 1250 HP

F******** OP...

Not one is bad.

These forums teach you a new way to see life and maths. 50% damage reduction, faster health regen, faster cooldowns, no heat building, bonus health of 120 on 20+ players every 9 seconds is balanced but 50% damage reduction, half less stamina drain, damage increase and 200 bonus health on a single MELEE character every 20 secs is horribly OP.
    Yet when you do the maths (yes the maths again) you end up seeing that the side with the first ability wins approximately ten times more than the other.
    Talking from an HvV player, Big Deal is probably better and most definitely needs a nerf. However, I would say truthfully that 90% of all HvV games Vader is there wrecking havoc. Finn? Well, probably less than 10%. I’m not saying that Big Deal is balanced or whatever, but Vader in all of his OP glory is there literally every match you play.
  • GenxDarchi wrote: »

The Ideal Vader buff:

Balanced.

No.. No.. and No !

You are completely crazy

You are serious ?
    • 900 HP
    + Star Cards 150 HP
    + Focused Rage 200 HP
    = 1250 HP

F******** OP...

Not one is bad.

Nooo but seriously !!

=> I do not believe.

People who don’t want Vader to have 50% damage reduction are dumb when it comes to stuff like this. Take a regular trooper being affected by Big deal.

150 health, plus 120 equals 270 health. Now factor in the fact that there’s 50% damage reduction given and you get an extra 135 health on top. This means a base Assault class has essentially 405 health. That means an Assault can take nearly 4 swings to kill and had more health than an enforcer. Troopers become Enforcers, Enforcers become Heroes, and heroes become powerhouses. Let’s take Han Solo, lowest health hero.
    650+120=770+50% damage reduction equals essentially 1,155 health, with both recharge decrease and unlimited firing. How can one justify this but not Vader?

Thank you, someone who understands the logistic side of things. Finns big deal is okay with the meh health buff and the increased cooldown/unlimited firing. But the op part is being able to turn your entire team into heroes and heroes into gods. Obviously you can’t see that your health is pretty much doubled but it most definitely is. And the ability to do that on a cooldown timer shorter than Vader’s focused rage is just too powerful. Let’s not forget, when yodas presence is on recharge and he still have buffed health left, he keeps it. Same with Finn. Same with phasma (who also has 50% damage reduction people yet nobody is complaining. Turns her buff with the right cards into a 520 health buff yet nobody cares to mention that and she’s FAR from op). Vader however loses all off the buffed health upon recharge. Makes zero sense to me. Vader is without a doubt the tank of battlefront 2. There is no contesting that. Given how the dark side lack a single team buff ability, giving ONE character something another character can do for a WHOLE team is anything but unreasonable. But you’re right. People are dumb and don’t realize logistically speaking what’s going on.
  • Vader need to be more dangerous vs infantry.

He need:

Buffs:

- 850 or 900 health
    - 150 damages on focused rage
    - 150 damages on choke vs infantry
    - a decreased cool down on choke, 25 seconds is too long. 15 seconds would be better.

this can help vs infantry

Nerfs:

- 100 damages on choke vs heroes
    - he should be affected by abilities while in choke animation while now he have immunity
    - choke need to be dodgeable

this can help other heroes to fight him better
  • Axone
    383 posts Member
    edited August 14
    DarthCapa2 wrote: »
    Vader need to be more dangerous vs infantry.

He need:

Buffs:

- 850 or 900 health
    - a decreased cool down on choke, 25 seconds is too long. 15 seconds would be better.

Nerfs:

- he should be affected by abilities while in choke animation while now he have immunity

Agree on everything except Vader standard health need to be 800, choke need to be not dodgeable (only because he need to be fearful), and focus rage already deal bonus dmg; no need to increase more dmg.

The Ideal Vader buff:

Balanced.

No.. No.. and No !

You are completely crazy

You are serious ?
    • 900 HP
    + Star Cards 150 HP
    + Focused Rage 200 HP
    = 1250 HP

F******** OP...

Not one is bad.

Talking from an HvV player, Big Deal is probably better and most definitely needs a nerf. However, I would say truthfully that 90% of all HvV games Vader is there wrecking havoc. Finn? Well, probably less than 10%. I’m not saying that Big Deal is balanced or whatever, but Vader in all of his OP glory is there literally every match you play.

Priorities issues. You still like to hierarchize, i don't, every thing that exist can be handled.

• DarthCapa2 wrote: »

He need:

Buffs:

- 850 or 900 health

Nerfs:

I say he keeps his 800hp, base lightsaber damage of 140, Focused Rage does 150 damage, Choke has a cool down of 15 seconds and affects troopers and heroes differently (like Luke’s Push) - 100 damage to heroes and 120 to troopers) and possibly increase recharge time of Focused Rage from approx. 16 seconds to 20 seconds.

There’s Vader.
  • Laser921
    1961 posts Member
    Choke shouldnt last as long as it does and is it just me or is there nearly always some bug when you get hit by Force Choke?
    Emotion yet Peace, Ignorance yet Knowledge, Passion yet Serenity, Chaos yet Harmony, Death yet the Force
  • Laser921 wrote: »
    Choke shouldnt last as long as it does and is it just me or is there nearly always some bug when you get hit by Force Choke?

I wouldn’t say Choke lasts long enough.

Sometimes when I choke someone the animation for them getting choked doesn’t trigger.
  • BlueBox5 wrote: »
    DarthCapa2 wrote: »

He need:

Buffs:

- 850 or 900 health

Nerfs:

I say he keeps his 800hp, base lightsaber damage of 140, Focused Rage does 150 damage, Choke has a cool down of 15 seconds and affects troopers and heroes differently (like Luke’s Push) - 100 damage to heroes and 120 to troopers) and possibly increase recharge time of Focused Rage from approx. 16 seconds to 20 seconds.

There’s Vader.

That’s ideal but I’d say give him 150 choke to infantry. Even with damage reduction it’s a risk. And provably not increase the cooldown of Focused Rage. The health goes away almost before the ability ends unlike every other hero health buff. It shouldn’t take a nerf. Everything else I totally agree.