criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Star Wars Battlefront II Giants Above Kachirho Patch

F8RGE
458 posts EA Community Manager
edited May 7
om2a2he291h6.png

Hey Everyone,

We have a small patch arriving tomorrow, on Wednesday, May 8th. This patch will primarily be focused around some changes we are making to Anakin Skywalker but will also include a couple of fixes for other heroes.

We have made several balance changes to Anakin’s abilities, including increasing the cooldown of his Heroic Might ability by 4 seconds and reducing the health increase from his Tenacious Star Card by 50%.

In addition to these changes we have lowered his lightsaber damage from 140 to 130 and also reduced the damage bonus from his Massive Strikes Star Card from 10-15-20-25 to 5-10-15-20.

We have seen some discussion on an issue where Bossk was able to defeat heroes in one shot by zooming out right before his weapon was fully charged. We have fixed this issue and have also fixed an issue where Count Dooku’s Expose Weakness ability had no cooldown.

As always, thanks for the continued feedback and we’ll see you on the battlefront.

The Star Wars Battlefront II Team

Release Notes:
  • Balanced damage and cooldown values for Anakin’s abilities:
  • Increased the recharge time of Heroic Might from 14 to 18 seconds
  • Reduced the friendly damage charge-up speed of Retribution from 2% per 100 damage to 1,33% per 100 damage
  • Reduced the Health Increased stats of the TENACIOUS Star Card from 50-100-150-200 to 25-50-75-100
  • Reduced Anakin's lightsaber damage from 140 to 130 points
  • Reduced Anakin's MASSIVE STRIKES Star Card bonus damage from 10-15-20-25 to 5-10-15-20
  • Delayed the effect of Retribution by 5 frames
  • Fixed an issue where damage from sources other than enemy players caused Anakin’s Retribution ability to charge up.
  • Anakin’s Retribution ability now has a maximum value increase per damage event.
  • Fixed an issue where Count Dooku’s Expose Weakness had no cooldown period when activated while dashing.
  • Fixed an issue that prevented Darth Maul from blocking, when under Obi-Wan’s Restrictive Mind Trick ability.
  • Fixed an issue where Bossk could defeat other heroes in one shot, if the player zoomed out right before Bossk’s weapon was fully charged.
Post edited by F8RGE on

Replies

• yikes
  • Deckard112
    565 posts Member
    F8RGE wrote: »

Delayed the effect of Retribution by 5 frames

What does “5 frames” means in seconds?
    Make Maul great again.
  • Deckard112 wrote: »
    F8RGE wrote: »

Delayed the effect of Retribution by 5 frames

I think it depends on your FPS, for 60fps it would be 0.12sec, for 100fps it would be 0.05sec, but mb they mean server tickrate which I think is 60tick
  • Deckard112 wrote: »

Console is locked to 30fps, if I'm not mistaken. So you're looking at roughly 1/6th of a second. And 1/12th of a second on 60fps.
  • Pal77
    9 posts Member
    Can ever nerf thw boosting of the Officer!!
  • Munedawg
    203 posts Member
    I was really expecting something more drastic (and fair) in terms of nerfing retribution. Still a no-risk/highest reward ability.
  • Corrections always are welcome.

But when the new roadmap??????????????????????????
    ddw3rc11mp2j.jpg
  • Cadoth
    945 posts Member
    I think retribution is still an issue but regarding the base attack damage reduction and the related star card good job👍🏻, it seems like you’ve read my mind
  • relleuM
    178 posts Member
    Piscettios wrote: »
    Retribution just needs to be removed altogether, this is far from a nerf into the ground.

Why has the 90% damage reduction during HM and Retribution not been addressed? There were MANY issues with him, but this is the main one. At 90% he can still get these abilities off in a crowded area with little or no worries at all.

THEY NEED TO BE HIGH RISK/ HIGH REWARD. What is so hard about this?

This, it is amazing they are still trying to keep him with 4 abilities, 2 of which are awesome AOE abilities that have crowd control. Ridiculous do they play this game or just make changes on a whim?
  • xxx_billy_xxx
    210 posts Member
    edited May 7
    I feel like as long as both Heroic Might and Retribution basically stay as they are Anakin will even be OP with 100 lightsaber damage. I'm obviously talking about infantry modes though, not HVV that is another story. In HVV he'll probably be fairly balanced now.

Heroic Might should not charge up in my opinion. Just make it similar to lukes ability and everything will be fine, a quick 130 knockdown ability that exposes enemies that are nearby for a short amount of time.

Retribution by itself likely won't be that much of an issue, and if it still is you can just nerf the radius. Won't be an issue at all if the radius is small enough since it won't be able to hit too many players.

But this is still great news and I'm looking forward to seeing how he'll perform now.
  • Thank you for increasing the cooldown time of Heroic Might! This has been one of the Anakin nerfs I have been suggesting since his arrival.
    Add more Extraction and Hunt maps please!

What the ROADMAP should look like for 2019/2020:
    “Season” 4: Rogue One
    “Season” 5: Clone Wars Revival
    “Season” 6: Episode IX
  • Courtney9089
    77 posts Member
    edited May 7
    I agree with the person above who said to lower the damage reduction and have even said it myself in a couple of threads. If that happens I would think anakin would be in a good but not perfect spot after this latest nerf.

Anyway we will see truthfully I think this nerf will fix a bit of the issue especially since retribution will charge up slower now. Then heroic might has a bit longer cool down so people will be using it a bit less.

Truthfully I think it's a good update but we all just have to see how it fairs in game.
  • Well, now i have more chances to play as Ani, as more and more people will chose another hero. Great news!

Ani is a bit boring to play, but he's the right choice if you want to help your team win.

Quite balanced nerf actually. He will not be the strongest hero, but we who only play LS have the moral highground -we will win anyways.
  • Empire_TW
    5566 posts Member
    This does nothing about HM and retribution being too good in GA around objectives.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    au1nfqtfyt82.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • Well, I enjoyed that weekend of GA being playable again. Looks like it’s back to Anakikland
  • Lmao you guys honestly thought anakin was gonna be nerfed into the ground 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
  • IcedFreon
    754 posts Member
    People still will complain he's OP. Just watch
  • Setrhy
    16 posts Member
    What happens with the battle points of anakin? I heard that will be cost 8000 and in other eras 12000 or more. For me this doesn't make much sense, you guys just have to make a good nerf and done. I will test this nerf but I think is not enough in my opinion.
    General Grievous...
    e6ea0d2d213297d6ea9af6ede78a43648142af7e_00.gif

• unit900000
    2873 posts Member
    heroic might still overpowered and Dooku goes back to being trash tier but oh well what should I honestly expect at this point at least you fixed the issue with Maul.
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000
  • Mouthrax
    485 posts Member
    So glad you fixed the Bossk glitch, that was getting on my nerves :(
  • Psy3d
    496 posts Member
    edited May 7
    Damn another month and even bigger Ani nerfs...and still casual NPC's have muh feelings issue :D

The saber damage nerf was unnecessary among all these nerfs. Well keep up with these Ani nerfs...so the casual base for this game is catered for even more...
  • Feel free to give Rey a decent heal card at some point this year.
  • swellinfoil266
    44 posts Member
    edited May 7
    Many Star Wars quotes foreshadow what happens if you watch them in canonical order. Such as Rex saying he doesn’t want to become a wall ornament before going through carbon freezing or Palpatine saying leave him or we shall suffer the same fate. ( all three were killed by a Sith Lord on a Death Star )

I guess another one has came to pass “ you WERE the chosen one”
    Not anymore, whether this is good or bad we will have to wait till tomorrow to see
  • Wolfman91
    229 posts Member
    Sadly HM and Retribution will still ruin GA. I was hoping he'll get more significant nerf, but unfortunately no.
  • unit900000 wrote: »
    heroic might still overpowered and Dooku goes back to being trash tier but oh well what should I honestly expect at this point at least you fixed the issue with Maul.

Dooku always been trash tier. If dooku needed a glitch to be good chances are he was just trash
  • Feel free to give Rey a decent heal card at some point this year.

This. @EA_Charlemagne show rey some love. Only saber hero who has 60 on kill
  • awakespace
    939 posts Member
    I just don't understand why Heroic Might and Retribution can do so much damage. They should both max out at 250 not 400.

I personally think they should be combined into one move, where Retribution is what happens when Heroic Might is fully charged, but either way - the damage is ridiculous.
  • These changes have made Anakin how he should of been at his launch. However, Heroic might and Retribution are the problem guys!!

Please reduce the range of Retribution! Or remove that rubbish plz.

Heroic Might should be a frontal 180°ability and charge without the need to be shot in the face and cleaved by sabers. Then remove the damage reduction completely. This will make the ability more situational and require the user to at least be looking in the direction of the enemy.
    Currently the ability is way too easy to clear a whole ojective with a little timing. Same with retribution.

If you read this devs, imho, retribution and heroic might arent the ones. They are very lore/immersion breaking to see and do not fit anakin at all. They just so happen to be the most problematic abilities in this game!
    Please rework or change them before nerfing the hell out of them and making them useless that would be a waste.
  • Munedawg
    203 posts Member
    Psy3d wrote: »
    Damn another month and even bigger Ani nerfs...and still casual NPC's have muh feelings issue :D

The saber damage nerf was unnecessary among all these nerfs. Well keep up with these Ani nerfs...so the casual base for this game is catered for even more...

Anakin was designed so casuals could feel like they're good. He's a crutch. Maybe for you too. I don't know.
  • holstar1993
    1048 posts Member
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    This does nothing about HM and retribution being too good in GA around objectives.

They should just power up the heroes all they want. Just only allow 1 per side at a time in ga and CS. That was one thing that worked in the last game when there weren't glitches. If you want to go mano a mano with a hero play hero blast.
  • Good stuff. Some much needed tweaks in this patch. Looking forward to trying 'em out.
    "All wings report in."
  • Retribution just needs to be removed as it makes more sense for Vader to have it vs Anakin, if you want him to be a four skill boyo give him a weak choke ^.~

This just reinforces the notion that someone can't tell the difference between potential and skill.
  • Anakin still OP in my book.
    51bvn954fmlp.png
  • Anakin nerf is nice, he is the reason why my team always loses in cs and ga as the dark side
  • tts42572
    1003 posts Member
    All of these constant hero nerf discussions with every update just remind me why I play mostly strike and extraction.

I've never found heroes fun in this game. All it consists of is finding whichever one is the most OP at the moment and spamming him....most times just against hapless infantry.

Early in the life of this game people complained about the light side and especially Finn....He got nerfed to oblivion and you never see him used anymore. Then it was huge issues with the emperor....Now Anakin....And I'm sure I'm missing others along the way.

Personally, I think all the lightsaber heroes are OP. Use Finn against Anakin and tell me it's balanced....