criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

Weekend Event: Foot Soldiers

Replies

• grimmace2
    1105 posts Member
    Who at DICE thought yeah the Vehicles are really a "problem" when there are multiple topics on their OFFICIAL forums from folks like myself who want to see GA and CS without heroes?

I never got annoyed by vehicles, easy to deal with in this game. Heroes on the other hand...

Many people have been asking for a "vehicle free" mode for quite a while. I think this is DICE's way of showing they do listen...sometimes.

On a completely unrelated note to DICE listening to players, any chance we can get some new SA maps?
  • Seriously! No Uber rides on Geonosis?
    Left thumb is gonna need deep heat treatment after the weekend...
  • Draco_RSA
    406 posts Member
    Seriously! No Uber rides on Geonosis?
    Left thumb is gonna need deep heat treatment after the weekend...

Vehicles as fun but nowhere near OP. They are easy to take out.
  • Um...hi. I was under the impression that this would be a vehicle-free weekend. So how come I just got mowed down by an AT-ST on Yavin 4?
    PSN: Agent_TSCX
    Join me, and together we will rule the Galaxy!
  • Cadoth
    1058 posts Member
    Lol I just had a match of GA on Yavin IV and I had to fight like 6 AT-ST but whatever
  • Empire_TW
    6088 posts Member
    Relmets wrote: »
    Alwe15 wrote: »
    Relmets wrote: »
    UhOhItsJus wrote: »
    skincarver wrote: »
    What we really need is a permanent

Infantry only game mode.

Thx
    *Cough* blast *cough* strike *cough* arcade *cough* extraction *cough* ewok hunt

*cough* *cough* *cough* *cough* Tiered-units *cough* *cough* *cough* *cough*

phbyunj2fww21.jpg

Too soon 😢
    iiu4decu2ucv.jpg

y9bfpaubo88g.jpg
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • ID_8615
    689 posts Member
    grimmace2 wrote: »
    Many people have been asking for a "vehicle free" mode for quite a while. I think this is DICE's way of showing they do listen...sometimes.

Many people??
    Which players???
    Every other forum here is about getting rid of Heroes or restricting heroes to 1, possibly 2 max per GA episode. A majority of players are tired of endless Hero-lords dominating every GA/CS venue.

You are the FIRST person to even mention this in the threads I have been monitoring here in General Discussion and in Requests.
  • @EventHorizionOH did mention that he disliked vehicles
    My name is Bob

• Wolfman91
    350 posts Member
    Cool event. Had so much fun on Crait today. 2nd phase lasted around 10 minutes without those at sts.
  • Cadoth
    1058 posts Member
    Draco_RSA wrote: »
    Cadoth wrote: »
    Lol I just had a match of GA on Yavin IV and I had to fight like 6 AT-ST but whatever

Yeah they forgot to change the cost of the AT-ST on yavin, it's still 2000 BP.

Jesus 🤦🏻‍♂️
  • Evo911
    260 posts Member
    ID_8615 wrote: »

Many people??
    Which players???
    Every other forum here is about getting rid of Heroes or restricting heroes to 1, possibly 2 max per GA episode. A majority of players are tired of endless Hero-lords dominating every GA/CS venue.

You are the FIRST person to even mention this in the threads I have been monitoring here in General Discussion and in Requests.

I'm not digging through hundreds of pages of threads to validate you. Rest assured, there are people that have been requesting vehicle free maps for a long time. I'm not one of them, I couldn't care less. I find most vehicles more than easy to deal with by equipping an ion loadout or jumping in a cockpit.

People have been complaining about fighters from launch, saying it was unfair that strafing runs killed ground pounders. Starfighters splash damage was nerfed considerably. Vehicles were the source of unrest when the heavy was tweaked to have three ion rockets instead of one, the damage of which was subsequently nerfed when it proved to be somewhat overpowered. After CS dropped, people were complaining about AATs being OP, so there was more clamor to get rid of vehicles.

Yes, there have been just as many complaints about wanting a trooper only mode that eliminates heroes and/or reinforcements as well. But I guarantee you, I am not the first person to "mention" getting rid of vehicles. I do not have the ear of DICE, they did not implement this event to appease me. They did it in recognition of the MANY people on the forums that have requested something like this.

Complaining does not mean removing,. I'm fed of these starfighters killing people on the ground, especially when you focus on the objective by holding disrupter, but i'm not asking them to be removed.
    If at least the designers have had a single idea of correctly designing or balancing it. Not rocket science to see that soldiers are killed by the fire even if the are hidden in the big metallic box.

But when you see the level of incompetence of the team you understand for sure certain things now...
  • ID_8615
    689 posts Member
    I too am tired of being strafed and sniped endlessly on Crait. If they nerfed starfighter strafing power, I'd be okay with that.

Removing vehicles entirely?? I can only think the Reddit Kiddies who love nothing more than to jack up their Hero kill-streaks all the more asked for a No Vehicles weekend. If EA/DICE actually removed heroes or restricted them severely for once, I might think they were actually listening to the paying customers who use these forums to voice feedback.

So far.. over the past 18-20 months.. I've not seen any notion that they are or intend to.
  • Yavin still has AT-STs
  • Andrien
    194 posts Member
    edited May 18
    skincarver wrote: »
    What we really need is a permanent

Infantry only game mode.

Thx

I can agree with that. Game mode with infantry only. Troopers get to carry 3 grenades. No cooldown. Ammo crates for resupply. Ability to pickup any weapon from any fallen class. That would lead to some intense firefights like in Killzone 2.
  • ID_8615 wrote: »
    Now get rid of the Heroes too

Officers would rule the battlefront if this was an event.

If we got rid of Heroes, a majority of my deaths would likely be to the NT-242s, vanguards, and aerials of the opposition. Not to their Officers... did you seriously suggest Officers would rule the day---or were you just talking about BPs?

I was talking BPs. But I will say that the SE-44C with Rapid Fire and Imrpoved Cooling is a beast.
    Add more Extraction and SA maps please!

What the ROADMAP should look like for 2019/2020:
    “Season” 4: Clone Wars Revival
    “Season” 5: Episode IX
    “Season” 6: Rogue One
  • Alex64
    7040 posts Member
    only in clone wars maps or what? im tired of clone warz
  • Tigzee
    181 posts Member
    Starfighters at the end of the month is the only one worth genuine full on participation... Triple XP on Starfighters.... unmissable!! Can't wait! These other events... are a non-event.
  • Tigzee wrote: »
    Starfighters at the end of the month is the only one worth genuine full on participation... Triple XP on Starfighters.... unmissable!! Can't wait! These other events... are a non-event.

:)
    Check these posts out:
  • Ah yes, let's get rid of vehicles on Geonosis GA, where it is literally impossible for the droids to have the slightest chance of winning without them. Bravo. You devs are actually braindead
  • ID_8615
    689 posts Member
    Ah yes, let's get rid of vehicles on Geonosis GA, where it is literally impossible for the droids to have the slightest chance of winning without them. Bravo. You devs are actually braindead

I'm just not playing GA / CS at all until vehicles are back. There's just no point in the game now. Strike and Blast get boring ... fast (not because I miss the heroes and vehicles, though). Too many aerials spamming the confined spaces.
  • My question is, who uhhhhh

asked for this event?
  • Next event, No Guns

Emote your enemies!
    #StarWars-y
  • ID_8615
    689 posts Member
    Correct: next event - all enforcers and base-4 players Melee-only with Heroes & Villains get damage reduction to melee attacks. No vehicles.
  • mastery0ta
    6089 posts Member
    Next event, No Guns

Emote your enemies!

All of y'all are getting tusken raidered to death! Seriously though DICE, next time axe the heroes. That's what we're saying.
  • IcedFreon
    809 posts Member
    Have they fixed the AT-ST in yavin yet? It was still 2000 BP on Friday.
  • zOmbi880
    20 posts Member
    Best of this event: tommorow it`s end
  • @EA_Tom BEST EVENT EVER
  • ID_8615
    689 posts Member
    @EA_Tom Worst Event ever.

Aside from the deluge of heroes and villains running amuck, there are too many OHKs occuring with:
    NT-242s, Vanguards, and the CR-2.

As much as I cannot wait to see the day Heroes, Infiltrators, and Aerials are removed wholesale from the GA / CS battlefronts, those weapons / attacks above (NT-242, vanguard, & CR-2) also need to be reduced in efficiency.

Until then, consider reducing the Respawn Timer for players OHK'd to 0.
  • ID_8615
    689 posts Member
    jordi1337 wrote: »
    Should have been a Trooper only event. As has been requested by a large part of the community since launch.

only a few people on this forum requested it stop acting like everyone wants that garbage. are you too bad to take down heroes?

Ever the Hero-worshiper. I thought personal attacks like that we're shunned in these forums? No? Anyway, that is such a non-starter of an argument against those wanting a trooper-only weekend.

More than a few have requested such. And it would not be garbage to see GA / CS return to a point where Objectives mattered once more; skill, strategy, teamwork mattered once more. Now it's just a debaucherous mix of hero-this, villain-that with speedbumps of base-4 troopers in the way of HvV on GA.
  • Evo911
    260 posts Member
    IcedFreon wrote: »
    Have they fixed the AT-ST in yavin yet? It was still 2000 BP on Friday.

Seriously...do you think they would? They are even not able to control this kind of simple errors before launching anything .. This shows you the quality level that EA / Dice achieves.

Will be awarded as the worst company in terms of quality / customer approach for 2018/2019, by far.
  • Evo911
    260 posts Member
    Their mocking us… we request (strongly) a trooper only weekend, they give us no vehicles and hero’s at bargain prices. Fk you devs, fk you.

And you know the worst? They can even do worst,
    And don't understand if people are still proud to be part of this company....Well they need to eat also...
  • This is another mode that sounds great conceptually. Actually it's one of the best variations I've seen, but the combination of Obi-Wan/Darth Maul at 200 BP was too many appearances early and often which altered the "experience" of this mode. Would recommend doing it again, with all regularly price heroes.

Was refreshing to play maps such as Hoth without getting killed by aircraft. The absence of certain vehicles definitely makes a difference in certain stages and maps. Was bizarro-world on Crait without ski speeders and AT-ST's. Would like to see this weekend mode in a regular monthly rotation.
  • Been pretty boring imo. I like vehicles, plus the maul and obi cut price was stupid
  • CS ground phase has been oddly more enjoyable during this event. Without vehicles, trooper numbers have increased relative to tiered units. It has been weird that people are actually shooting at and hitting the heroes, infiltrators, aerials.
  • Absolute worst event ever.

Agreed, beyond lame :/
    dv5l9iopdzhr.gif