criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

Community Transmission — Heroes vs Villains Changes

Replies

• Will hit detection finally start to work for this mode?? It's unbelievable that only 1/3 of strikes from lightsaber heroes are actually detected and do damage to the enemy. The mode is broken.
  • anidriX wrote: »
    Look @RogueZeroRendar, you disliked the idea of 7 kills = 1 target because it capped the kills at 70. This caps them at 25.

I guessed it would be 20. It's less horrible then that. Anyway, HvV is dead, this mode will be boring as hell, they'll change the number of eliminations needed every 2 patches, so it'll be a constant changing mess. The last system allowed for quick matches, and epic matches. Now they'll all sit in a narrower window, not anywhere fast, nor anywhere long old HvV matches could last.

There must be a natural, in sync way for matches to be longer so they can be more epic. Failing that makes the mode bland and boring. Premades will wreak havoc even easier. I don't think this wise considering the public that plays this mode.

HvV is dead? Uh no. I play it daily
  • It should be a 100 body count. Y'all might wanna increase it now instead of waiting a month between updates to increase it. 25 is too low.
    That would equal bout 6.25 kills each if I'm being generous. 100 is perfect bcuz it gives us all a chance to play &have fun
  • It should be a 100 body count. Y'all might wanna increase it now instead of waiting a month between updates to increase it. 25 is too low.
    That would equal bout 6.25 kills each if I'm being generous. 100 is perfect bcuz it gives us all a chance to play &have fun
    A 100! How about 1000!
  • Liz4rD
    1126 posts Member
    I do 25 kills while Im sleeping, BTW.

Matches will last about 2 minutes.

¬¬'
  • DarthLando
    1625 posts Member
    Is it still going to be 4 V 4 or what ?

@EA_Charlemagne
    PSN: DarthLando-
  • Liz4rD
    1126 posts Member
    IcedFreon wrote: »
    Guess what. If you respawn before you die I bet it won't count against your team

LOL I doubt they realize that. It will be a respawn fest.

OMG what a mess of a change.
  • Liz4rD
    1126 posts Member
    jordi1337 wrote: »
    we already knew that... . atleast tell us how many are going against each other. i would assume 10v10 but you never know

wake up, stop dreaming. Where do you come from? Dagobah??
  • Nothing really new from what we already knew, even if these changes are welcome. 25 elims to win the match seems way too low from my point of view.

If that ends up being the case, we'll increase it.

Why not just increase it now before it goes live. Make it like team slayer in halo where it was first team to 50 kills.
    cucjqd5p8g4i.gif
    Remember the most powerful walk the line between rage and serenity.
  • It took you almost 2 YEARS to remove the targeting system?!?! I would honeslty be more understanding if you reworked the targeting system, but to delete it entirely sounds like it would've taken no more than 1 year.
  • Jamz
    2 posts Member
    Jamz wrote: »
    - Please fix the blocking against Obi-Wan's mind trick, as well as the timing w/ light saber attacks and abilities for all
    - Please give us Qui-Gon Jinn w/ Cad Bane to even both sides
    - Please give us General Anakin
    - If possible, please bring Ahsoka & Jango Fett to the game
    Thank you :)

and more maps for HvV!
  • It doesn't matter what happens. I'll still play with Leia Organa and Rey.
    battlefront_leia.jpg
    pija5nbcgaah.jpg
    "This is a mission of peace. I put my faith in diplomacy. We can't solve all of our problems by throwing troops at them."
    -Padmé Amidala
  • Enzyoo
    266 posts Member
    25 eliminations?

b8xqwcynau0o.gif

I'm just a simple man trying to make my way in the universe.
    35l7lo44u7u1.gif
  • Sounds pretty good, but I'm kind of sad to see the marked for elimination rule being removed from HvV. I rather enjoyed it. It added an additional layer of depth, too.

It would've been nice if HvV was kept as is, and Hero Blast was implemented so we have both and everyone is happy.

25 kills to win does seem pretty low. We'll see how it plays out, but I think the matches will end up finishing fairly quickly and DICE will have to increase the kill limit.

Can't wait to see how Boba's adjustments work. The mid-air recovery sounds epic, but I'm really hoping he'll FINALLY be able to zoom. That, and all blaster wielding Heroes would FINALLY have the ability to perform both crouch and combat roll/dodge in all three portions of the game - Campaign, Multiplayer and Arcade.

@EA_Charlemagne
    "All wings report in."
  • Hmmm 25 isn't enough, increase it to 50 please
  • AWESOME!
  • Nellybc
    12 posts Member
    I am almost believing that they have not tested this... I maybe proved wrong and 25 is fine but i can only think that the length of the game time is being extended because there will be more running to find opponents etc on the map. With a target it encouraged teams to stick together more frequently to work together. Now all 4 could be spread over the map. Spawn points will be interesting.

I think that for 25 kills... with 4 players that work together this could be over inside 5 mins every-time...

rollind24 wrote: »
    seltau wrote: »
    Nothing really new from what we already knew, even if these changes are welcome. 25 elims to win the match seems way too low from my point of view.

If that ends up being the case, we'll increase it.

What were the average num of kills for win/los teams so far?

Also, I’m curious the average length of the matches they are getting in their play tests

• 25 is way too low, on the fence about 50, will definitely miss having a objective and not just mindless running around trying to engage someone...
  • bfloo
    16057 posts Member
    Other than the fact that 25 eliminations will end matches super fast. I really, really dig the reworked HvV...

HvV with Target: "RUN for your lives!"

HvV without Target: "Fight for the WIN!"

Runners will regret now if they don't engage. LOL

What will runners regret?

A chunk of this playerbase could care less if they win or lose.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• OcDoc wrote: »
    You guys don’t understand...

25 kills will take forever in TDM with all the camping and conservative gameplay. It might literally take your team an hour for that. There is no objective to focus the action so this will be a bunch of aimless nothingness.

This is a huge mistake driven by bad community suggestions. Good job guys, you just traded down.

Oh yeah I just realized.....there's. No way for us to know where the other team is really lol
  • Indiana_Jim
    2074 posts Member
    just a shame nothings being done to the actual combat mechanics. the fact that SWBF2 2005 has better lightsaber combat still blows my mind til this day.

Ha. As if. Yes that instant slice through air that one-hit kills everyone was so much better.
  • This is great, really great. But can we please have more maps and eras for exctraction. Also, old luke, han and Leia skins would be great. It seems like you could shell out skins as fast as you guys want to. Also PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE add Rogue One heroes, if you guys ARE committed to this battlefront like EA keeps saying, we deserve at least one hero and at least one villain from rogue one in this game! PLEASE!
    Add Jyn Erso as a HERO!
  • Can we please get the Bespin Freeze chamber map from bf 2015 for HvV ??? PLEASE please please
  • TjPunx
    1599 posts Member
    Just add this mode in addition to how HvV is now. No one wants the new mode, and those of us that like the targeting system (majority) want to have the option. Or are you scared people will choose the Original HvV mode over your new one
  • Everyone complaining about the rework has obviously never had a ruined HvV match because someone on their team...

1) Have grown tired of the match for whatever reason and decided to end the match for everyone

2) Are friends with someone on the other team and just keep feeding themselves or jumping off ledges to give the other team the victory

3) Stand there using all their emotes, not paying attention to people from the other team closing in

4) Stand there slashing/shooting at their feet

5) Running around in small circles, usually just waiting for the other team to show up

(AKA 'That guy')

Those things happen to me, either one or more, literally every other match every day. If it has happened to you then you understand the pain. If you haven't had that happen to you, guess what, this is what happens unfortunately to a lot of people. If you've had this happen to you and you still think the rework is a mistake ; Then you are a part of the problem.

The dev team has already come out and said that they don't like doing the annual-list of what's coming to the game and only will do 3-months - so they can adapt as needed.

Adapt as needed, as in, if things go haywire we can revert/fix things. So just let this rework happen, deal with it for a bit and either
    A) Enjoy it
    B) Play another game mode
    C) Play another game

If the community at large finds the rework was a massively mistake it'll get changed again or changed back to the original. It's fine. If the community at large likes the rework it'll stay. You folks are acting like SWBF2 Devs broke into your home and shot the dog.
  • quenaelin
    1102 posts Member
    I can't wait to test how TDM is working. Thank you for finally adding Hero TDM, but I am not very happy about removing Hero Target Hunt mode from game, Hunt mode could have been saved with Target timer. It was lost opportunity like many other things in this game has been.
  • Everyone complaining about the rework has obviously never had a ruined HvV match because someone on their team...

1) Have grown tired of the match for whatever reason and decided to end the match for everyone

2) Are friends with someone on the other team and just keep feeding themselves or jumping off ledges to give the other team the victory

3) Stand there using all their emotes, not paying attention to people from the other team closing in

5) Running around in small circles, usually just waiting for the other team to show up

(AKA 'That guy')

Those things happen to me, either one or more, literally every other match every day. If it has happened to you then you understand the pain. If you haven't had that happen to you, guess what, this is what happens unfortunately to a lot of people. If you've had this happen to you and you still think the rework is a mistake ; Then you are a part of the problem.

The dev team has already come out and said that they don't like doing the annual-list of what's coming to the game and only will do 3-months - so they can adapt as needed.

Adapt as needed, as in, if things go haywire we can revert/fix things. So just let this rework happen, deal with it for a bit and either
    A) Enjoy it
    C) Play another game

If the community at large finds the rework was a massively mistake it'll get changed again or changed back to the original. It's fine. If the community at large likes the rework it'll stay. You folks are acting like SWBF2 Devs broke into your home and shot the dog.

A decent post... But it has nothing to do with the ruleset change.

“That guy”, is a “That guy” problem, not a ruleset problem. “That guy” will still be playing TDM and will still be “That guy” doing “That guy” stuff. TDM won’t change “That guy” and his toxic “That guy” behavior in the slightest.

It has everything to do with the ruleset change. Instead of 'That guy' just throwing away the match and screwing over the entire team, their death is less important.
  • Darth_Vapor3
    4373 posts Member
    edited May 15
    Everyone complaining about the rework has obviously never had a ruined HvV match because someone on their team...

(AKA 'That guy')

A) Enjoy it
    C) Play another game

“That guy”, is a “That guy” problem, not a ruleset problem. “That guy” will still be playing TDM and will still be “That guy” doing “That guy” stuff. TDM won’t change “That guy” and his toxic “That guy” behavior in the slightest.

It has everything to do with the ruleset change. Instead of 'That guy' just throwing away the match and screwing over the entire team, their death is less important.

Yeah but that’ll be irrelevant to toxic players like “That guy”. They’re going to find new ways to be shmucks and it won’t matter what the rules are.

You cannot govern poor gamesmanship with a ruleset.
  • Billkwando
    2018 posts Member
    IcedFreon wrote: »
    anidriX wrote: »
    Look @RogueZeroRendar, you disliked the idea of 7 kills = 1 target because it capped the kills at 70. This caps them at 25.

I guessed it would be 20. It's less horrible then that. Anyway, HvV is dead, this mode will be boring as hell, they'll change the number of eliminations needed every 2 patches, so it'll be a constant changing mess. The last system allowed for quick matches, and epic matches. Now they'll all sit in a narrower window, not anywhere fast, nor anywhere long old HvV matches could last.

There must be a natural, in sync way for matches to be longer so they can be more epic. Failing that makes the mode bland and boring. Premades will wreak havoc even easier. I don't think this wise considering the public that plays this mode.

HvV is dead? Uh no. I play it daily
    But as the game fails that since launch, the remaining people on unbalanced teams will just quit out of frustration. The number of games ending prematurely because one entire team left will increase a lot. So Quitters will be a worse issue overall with this new mode, unless playing in a very busy server/time of day

I've been saying that since last year when certain folks started spamming the forum with threads complaining about the target system. That, and that they should consider killswitching Boba, to solve 90% of the runner problem. Naturally, nobody listened.
    ZI7BNkU.gif
    ^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
    (Sorta like an insane Japanese SOAD, but w/ 3 vocalists and slap bass)

Gamertag: Billkwando PSN: Billkwando YouTube: Billkwando
    Find me in HvV, pushing people off of stuff and watching them fall, like a cat.
  • Batman20
    2201 posts Member
    Hopefully they will push it up soon to 50 once they've released it

(AKA 'That guy')

A) Enjoy it
    C) Play another game

Yeah but that’ll be irrelevant to toxic players like that. They’re going to find new ways to be shmucks and it won’t matter what the rules are.

You cannot govern poor gamesmanship with a ruleset.

No one ever said anything about govern. I'm saying it'll have less of an impact on the match itself.

If at the end of the day you can't agree with that then not only have you never experienced the problem of toxic players in HvV but you can't seem to tell that there will be any difference at all and I guess you'll just never play the game mode and the loss is yours and no one else's. Enjoy your day.
  • Billkwando wrote: »
    Everyone complaining about the rework has obviously never had a ruined HvV match because someone on their team...

(AKA 'That guy')

A) Enjoy it
    C) Play another game

Are you high, bruh?

Before, "That guy" could only throw the match when he was target, now he cam bring it crashing to an end inside of 2 minutes of continuous suiciding.

How am I high when you clearly can't tell the difference between the rework changes and I guess you'll just never play the game mode again. Have a good day.
This discussion has been closed.