criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Forest of Endor

Community Transmission — Heroes vs Villains Changes

Replies

• Fausto
    19 posts Member

The teaming is brutal if the teams just 4 v 1 a specific hero or villan hero being a gun hero or villans being an emperor palpatine or a 4 v 1 in general is not fair like you will get demolished as the emperor or any hero or villans that can't defend against lightsabers or the force will get demolished because people will specifically target the characters with no defense against and will make those characters useless unless that character is with the rest of the team they are useless because if you are a straggler you are just going to be targeted by every enemy hero or villan so unless your team stays together at all times you will all get 3 or 4 heros on you at the same time and it will be an automatic loss for your team and this is a better heros vs villans but balance it better by making it possible for a hero or villan can fend off 3 or 4 heros or villans at once otherwise the straggler targeting and the gun characters targeting as well as the no defense character Targeting will not stop look no amount of skill can make one person take on 4 heros at once searously. But if you have a good team this is an issue of the other team gets demolished and unless it becomes a heros v villans deathmatch with normal troops that are bots that you can use as cannon fodder so you can take out the other heros while there distracted then change heros v villans back and make the heros v villans deathmatch a different game mode. And there is a bug were if general grevous uses his unrelenting advance and gets hit in the side or gets shot In the side he will get stuck in the stance or amination and can't do anything but walk and then die can't do anything about it.

That wouldn't be an issue if enemies didn't know your exact location from across the entire map. They should've made it like hero showdowns where you can only see enemies on the radar if they're close to you. Now it's a toxic wasteland of tryhards looking at the radar for players that are alone away from their teammates
  • Fausto
    19 posts Member
    If people thought the change to the target system would get rid of the toxic game play and make it a better mode, then you are the people who deluded yourself. Whilst the Devs try hard, they keep making changes/additions to updates that go beyond what people wanted, or in fact are not what people really wanted in the first place.

One sided matches were a common complaint in the months after launch, people were screaming "we want match making", whilst the sensible few said "we want the two teams scrambled" when transitioning to a new map. So what happened? We wound up with the current matchmaking system which realistically does not do what people want it to do, as that is what the "majority" screamed for. Has it work? Has it lead to less lopsided games in modes? Nope. Yet even now the Devs refuse to admit there is anything wrong and any feedback suggesting changes are ignored.

Hence, with that as your base line, why did you think removing the target system would lead to les lopsided matches? Seriously? What evidence would lead anyone to draw that conclusion as there is no evidence to support it.

The toxic game play, namely hiding in walls/floor/ceilings could have been stopped if an effort to remove these bugs (many of which were found not long after the game's launch yet are still in the game). As to runners, most runners could be intercepted by a few chasing from behind and one trying to head them off.

The only runner who was THE major problem was Boba Fett, and that was because with his jet pack he could move further in a shorter time span than any other character, let alone reach parts of the map no other character could. This could have been rectified by reworking his jet pack and reducing how long it could be continuously used for.

To me those changes alone sound a lot simpler than re-designing a whole game mode which now makes the game play rather boring as it is far too easy. On the whole you lose the first team fight, you will mostly lose the match as the enemy will stick together and pick you off 1 by one as the defeated team spawn in different locations, or worse, the enemy team will sit on a spawn point. Any real tactical nous, or strategy for the mode is gone.

Fact is this change has done a real Sampson act on the whole mode. It has pulled the roof down on it and buried it. I predict that if left as is within a month H v V mode will be a relative ghost town as few if any will want to play it.

I stopped playing when I saw enemies can see your exact location from across the entire map. They just look at the radar and pick off players that are by themselves in a 4v1 for a cheesy kill. You shouldn't be able to see enemies on the radar unless they're close to you like in hero showdowns. That for me ruined it and quit playing battlefront 2
  • I played HvV. At first I thought was OK. But I get stuck with novice players and they get obliterated so fast that, you become the next target so fast. No strategy whatsoever. Anakin middle ability and power slash is glitch and I find myself opening up myself to the enemy at bad times. I am not enjoy HvV. I think I will got to Showdown instead.

• Fausto
    19 posts Member
    Tonyswan wrote: »
    Just tried hvh and its an absolute [Removed].. Matches are not even at all anymore and its all about gang ups now, blaster heroes are even more useless and its impossible to play stealthy anymore becasue for somekinda reason you guys put on permenant radar on everyone ( rey's main ability is now borderline useless )..
    I wasent very glad in the target system but this is waaaaay worse and to top it off matches are way to short

You guys have definitly checked out moviebattles 2 by how the game works but the skill card system really sucks compared to having an open pool of diffrent force powers being open to everyone and not just locked as individual powers

Removed swearing ~Rtas

I used to scored 1st with Rey or top 5 all the time. Now she's trash. Landos smoke grenades are trash too. Can't throw smoke grenades to evade enemy radar anymore because they can always see my blip.
  • Fausto
    19 posts Member
    I can already see a problem where characters such as Rey will have a distinct advantage due to her ability to track villains on the map and see them through objects.

Her insight is nearly useless now. They put a permanent radar blip on everyone which makes the game trash. Tryhards just huddle up and run in a single file line looking at the radar for people that are alone. This made it more toxic
  • When I first tried it, I HATED it. But now that you need to defeat 50 enemies, I like it more. It felt very fun, in fact I haven’t had this much fun since CS first released. So for once dice, you did something good :)
  • Please get rid of anakin .. he is way too op .. ruins games.
  • "completely reworking" LOL you have just changed one setting, one click with the mouse that's all what you have done after 1 and half year of complaining and you call this a majestic improvement? You are lazy to think about new ideas, you are lazy to read through player's comments which offer ideas and you come with this ...
    I'm a HvV player, member of TKS clan.
    My youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSUxQWOhVYYnvM6lHfuWNzQ
    Twitch: twitch.tv/drunkensailorsk
  • WOW This is an extremely boring version of HVV.. the whole point of HvV was to be totally strategic in game play and knowing when to attack/defend and draw em out. It was a smart game that needed intelligence and unfortuntely it's just a dumb **** version of itself now..

HvV attracted the very smart player and had a special HvV community around it..

Very disappointed.

Love U
  • loafhouse
    11 posts Member
    edited May 25
    WOW This is an extremely boring version of HVV.. the whole point of HvV was to be totally strategic in game play and knowing when to attack/defend and draw em out. It was a smart game that needed intelligence and unfortuntely it's just a dumb **** version of itself now..

HvV attracted the very smart player and had a special HvV community around it..

Very disappointed.

super boring. you either demolish a team of [removed] players or get demolished by a squad in communication. neither feels good
    Post edited by IIPrest0nII on
  • Fausto
    19 posts Member
    loafhouse wrote: »
    Fausto wrote: »
    Logged on HvV today to see if anything changed. Still a toxic wasteland of tryhard shooters all of a sudden huddled up together looking at the radar for players that are alone for a cheesy 2 or 3v1 with shooters shooting at you. Yea I will be deleting this game. You completely ruined it and encouraged tryhard trash players even more. Being visible on the radar all the time makes it to where stupid people with no tactics or skills can get cheesy 2,3, 4v1 kills. Good job EA. You made it easier for tryhard trash players. And made it harder for players with skills and tactics. I'm done with battlefront altogether. You failed to listen to the community on this issue. I am not the only one that doesn't agree with everyone knowing your exact location from across the entire the map. That's garbage and whoever thought of that idea needs to be slapped

or straight up fired

Bruh. For real. Whoever thought that was a good idea should no longer work in the gaming industry. That is so unrealistic. Takes away skills and tactics.
  • @EA_Charlemagne Please fix HVV.

Captain Phasma health boost not applying when activated. Robot not locking into targets until a few seconds later.
    Anakin Retribution requires to be pressed numerous times to be activated when number showing people in range.
    Damage for all characters seem increased and decreased with others.
    Health increases for characters with low health like versio.
    4th star card for every character.
    Ability to choice parameters of HVV how many eliminations, can choose target system or not, how many characters on each side, lightsabers only, gunners only modes.
    Balance to damage and health stats for each character.
    Higher level of star cards from purple since we can go higher than level 40 now.
    Be able to hold fire button down for characters with non automatic weapons.
    Be able to roll infinitely.
    Be able to roll whilst being mind tricked with obi wan as you cannot jump high enough if using a gunner to avoid attack.
  • @EA_Charlemagne HVV all force users should be able to use throw star cards whilst in air not just luke and kylo.
    Leia not affected by force throw if you been blinded even though you can see they right in front of you on the radar.
    Leia if frozen should not be able to fire her gun.
  • @EA_Charlemagne Whilst blocking straight on with saber user you should not take damage from dash attach from Yoda or spin attack from Darth maul.
    Stamina bar should be balanced.
    Not being able to move or block after force throw for 2+ seconds.
    Leia should not be able to fire her rapid fire whilst frozen with kylo.
  • @EA_Charlemagne HVV
    Scanners for boba fett and Finn are useless now.
    If a player in your team leaves the match a notification should be on the screen beside the eliminations for the team that the player has left only to give them a chance to regroup and stick together. Also faster time for a new player to be searched and allocated to a team that is at a disadvantage. The opposite team should not be notified of the player leaving the opposition team.
  • Fausto
    19 posts Member
    edited May 25

Rey's insight and Landos smoke grenades are useless too now. You should only be able to see players on the radar that are really close to you. Idk why they did that. Makes it so toxic with tryhards looking for cheesy 4v1 kills
    Post edited by IIPrest0nII on
  • Needs an objective

Needs better spawning

Lightsaber combat works for 1v1s but not 4v4; it's just a spam fest.

I'd rather play it in its previous state.
  • @EA_Charlemagne HVV blocking with sabers takes damage what’s the point in the stamina bar or blocking in general. Saber hero’s too powerful for gunners in damage they inflict.
  • Expand HvV to 6 v 6 now.
  • Anyone else have the problem that Obi Wan can use his mindtrick through block, it's really annoying. Shouldnt go through if it lasts 6 seconds. I have no chance when playing a villian if obi wan uses his mind trick.
  • Stereochild
    2 posts Member
    edited May 25
    Ok, here are my two cents.
    1. Shooters are focused even more heavily than before.
    Why chase a force user when you can simply chop a shooter with no block or defense against abilities? Basically, this is the same mistake of the original Battlefront 2 from 2005: in the HvV mode on Mos Eisley the villains always win because they have less defenseless shooters and more lightsaber characters.

2. Spawning is messed up.
    In the pre-update mode when you spawned solo (not as Solo, you stupid) somewhere behind the enemies and could not instantly regroup with your teammates, it wasn't a problem at all. You could wait and hide, and even if you were gangbanged 4vs1, it didn't give a point to the opposite team. Now it does. A totally legit move, DICE.

3. Always visible markers on the minimap.
    See above. Plus, some abilities have become less useful.

4. No comebacks.
    With the target system some epic comebacks were possible even when the counter was somewhere at 1-5. Now, when you see it's already 16-28, it all comes down to farming xp, or trying to finish the achievements, or just running in circles, whatever. Because when your team starts losing by more than 10 points, playing becomes irrelevant. And the increased match time makes this even worse.

5. Increased number of leavers.
    This might be a subjective thing, but to me it seems like the number of leavers has increased drastically. Earlier, there could be one leaver per match, but now 3 new players dropping in and out are a common thing to see. Probably, people just connect to complete those dailies like "Kill an enemy as Lando" and be gone. And you know what? I don't blame them.

Great job shooting yourself in the leg, DICE. Again.
    No, seriously, bravo.
  • Nick99
    5 posts Member
    Please please re-add the old 10 point system as a mode I miss the strategy and feeling of a good team win
  • Fausto
    19 posts Member
    Anyone else have the problem that Obi Wan can use his mindtrick through block, it's really annoying. Shouldnt go through if it lasts 6 seconds. I have no chance when playing a villian if obi wan uses his mind trick.

That's not a bug. That's part of the game. I just start attacking when it happens to me. Rey's insight also goes through blocks
  • Fausto
    19 posts Member
    Ok, here are my two cents.
    1. Shooters are focused even more heavily than before.
    Why chase a force user when you can simply chop a shooter with no block or defense against abilities? Basically, this is the same mistake of the original Battlefront 2 from 2005: in the HvV mode on Mos Eisley the villains always win because they have less defenseless shooters and more lightsaber characters.

2. Spawning is messed up.
    In the pre-update mode when you spawned solo (not as Solo, you stupid) somewhere behind the enemies and could not instantly regroup with your teammates, it wasn't a problem at all. You could wait and hide, and even if you were gangbanged 4vs1, it didn't give a point to the opposite team. Now it does. A totally legit move, DICE.

3. Always visible markers on the minimap.
    See above. Plus, some abilities have become less useful.

4. No comebacks.
    With the target system some epic comebacks were possible even when the counter was somewhere at 1-5. Now, when you see it's already 16-28, it all comes down to farming xp, or trying to finish the achievements, or just running in circles, whatever. Because when your team starts losing by more than 10 points, playing becomes irrelevant. And the increased match time makes this even worse.

5. Increased number of leavers.
    This might be a subjective thing, but to me it seems like the number of leavers has increased drastically. Earlier, there could be one leaver per match, but now 3 new players dropping in and out are a common thing to see. Probably, people just connect to complete those dailies like "Kill an enemy as Lando" and be gone. And you know what? I don't blame them.

Great job shooting yourself in the leg, DICE. Again.
    No, seriously, bravo.

Because with the old system, when you spawned by yourself, enemies couldn't see you on the radar all the time like they do now. They want to change it to where you spawn near your team which I think wouldn't be such a great idea. You are in a 1v1 with someone, then all of a sudden the whole enemy team spawns there you're screwed
  • Fausto
    19 posts Member
    @EA_Charlemagne please fix the radar system. You should not be able to see players on the radar all the time like that. And as far as spawning near your teammates, idk if that's such a good idea. The spawning wasn't a problem with the targeting system because players couldn't automatically see you on the radar so I would be able to run back to my team most of the time. If you spawn near your teammates that means I can be on a 1v1 and all of a sudden their whole team spawns right there and it turns into a 3 or 4v1 instantly. Spawning near your teammates like that may bring more problems than solutions just like this new trash update. I never had a problem with the spawning because not everyone would be able to see me on the radar. Being visible on the radar is what really messed everything up. Makes certain abilities useless. Rey's insight is trash. Landos smoke grenades are trash. The spawning wouldn't be an issue if players couldn't see me on the radar
  • I definitely miss the target system. I would like to see it return in some form in the game, whether this new mode incorporates some sort of priority target, or if they just make two seperate modes (my preferred option), I think if they improve spawning, as in prevent one team spawning nearer the combat than others, and spawning somewhat near their team without being able to become directly involved in combat that it turns from a 1v1 into a 3v1, this will be unlikely if both teams spawn roughly same distance away, and I think whether the player is in combat or not should help determine whether they become the next target, as well as a 3 second span after becoming the target that means if you die immediately it doesn’t count (means that if it’s 4v1, and you become target, it’s not going to affect your team, and if you become the target in mid air after being pushed off the map, it doesn’t count either) then the mode can be improved from what it was. Runners aren’t as big of a problem as it’s made out, it results in a rewarding kill and I personally didn’t encounter them too often.
  • Totommm
    37 posts Member
    I agree with most of comments, this new mode is either a braveheart or a suicide mission (for players in minority).
    I'm not sure HvV (old or new version) can be improved to satisfy everyone.

I don't know if you're like me but, as a StarWars fan, I want 2 things:
    1- feel like a god on the battlefield with a light saber
    2- focus on an epic light saber duel without being stabbed in the back by a trooper or another jedi/sith.

Today, 1st wish can happen. I remember my first hero play with Yoda in GA ... I died after 10s. I told myself: "you need training". Because there is no arcade training, I tried Hero Showdown. I waited 5 min and finally played against 2 nice persons with characters at level 40. I tried again, same punition :smile: ... I'm better now, but this mode definitely needs people and matchmaking.

So I tried HvV. I didn't like it at first but I kept on. It was the only way to figure out how a hero duel works ... and to win starcards relatively quickly. When my level became acceptable, I continued playing this mode to satisfy my 2nd wish: sometimes when planets were aligned, I had great duels with people far from the herd ... and I admit the two versions of HvV were/are a happy bloody mess that can be enjoyed sometimes.

My point is - maybe - Hero Showdown should be the mode to update. Nearly everytime, players use chat to ask "1v1?". So I should be fulfilled? but no: too much waiting time and matchmaking is absent or not possible.

Many people ask for "1v1". Hero Showdown is abandonned, and peole playing it turn it into a 1v1. What about giving a try on a weekend? and if it works, a championship would be nice. I'd like to know which alias is the best of the galaxy :smile:
  • 0badmonkey0
    401 posts Member
    edited May 27
    Sorry Charlie

Well, I quit playing for over 2 months and that is on top of the 4 - 5(?) months I took off, and in my opinion the game is so much worse. All the changes have made HvV uninteresting and I did not enjoy it at all. It was my favorite mode. Now I have no intention of playing it. Not much left in the game to enjoy. Capital Supremacy, wow, 45+ minutes of boring. It was fun the first couple of times, but AI problems, and other than Geonosis map the other maps are old and tired. There is nothing that "changes" in the game play except the status of the objective. There should be explosions, damage done to scenery, the ships, dangerous flora and fauna, sink holes etc. make it interesting. Liven the game play. It's almost as if EA just doesn't care about it's customers. As if they made a VERY POOR choice early on in sacrificing the game and now, are just having DICE throw as much useless quickly built stuff at the game to show how "rich and full" of features it is, when it really isn't and everything we had now, should have been introduced over the last year instead of the absolutely horrible lack of support and miserable content we got. Sorry DICE\EA you still do not know what you are doing and the player base is really tired of this. I know I am.
  • Fausto
    19 posts Member
    @EA_Charlemagne thanks for ruining HvV even more. Not only did you not listen to the real players, you took the kill cap down to 35 which is trash idk why you people did that. And still didn't fix the radar system. Everyone still knows your exact location which is still trash. I'm done with battlefront altogether. HvV was the only reason I bought battlefront 2. But now you people ruined it. Might as well have left the targeting system. At least with the targeting system not everyone can see me on the radar as long as I wasn't the target. And I would stack up on 30 plus kills at times. Now this is trash. It's a toxic wasteland of fortnite tryhards looking on the radar for cheesy kills.
  • Fausto
    19 posts Member
    Nick99 wrote: »
    Please please bring back the option for the old Heroes vs Villians with no radar showing all locations at all times....Please.
    I loved that game mode for over 2 years now.

this is trash that everyone can see your exact location at all times. They still haven't fixed it, and it's only 35 kills now. They completely ruined the game. I doubt they care as long as they please these little tryhards. At this point I'd also rather have the old targeting system back. HvV was the only reason I got battlefront 2. I don't even play the game anymore. This update is garbage
  • Fausto
    19 posts Member
    @EA_Charlemagne this is the reason why many of us prefer the old targeting system than this toxic wasteland of tryhards.
  • DRW15
    7 posts Member
    Fed up with people hacking, since level cap increase SORT IT OUT!!!
    ThetaYota
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!