criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Forest of Endor

Community Transmission — Level Cap, VO Wheel, & Appearance Bundles

Replies

• greedo1980 wrote: »
    Add a prestige skin for every character please.

One that is only available when we get to 1000, and that isn't available by any other means.

As for VO wheel. I assume more useful lines will be added in future and that this first attempt is merely mapping the existing emote voice lines over to it.

Eh, I'd rather they not do that. I can just imagine the outrage if they added some of the skins that people have wanted for years as prestige skins. The forums and reddit would be ablaze if for instance Luke's Bespin skin was locked behind a level 1000 goal that only the most dedicated of no-lifers would ever reach with Luke, or the outrage if Solo Maul was locked behind a level 1000 goal.

Maybe level 100 or even 200 could work for a prestige skin for each hero, but we'd be looking at something like 400-500 hours per hero to unlock a prestige skin at level 1000.

Maybe it is a bit late in the games life for 1000.

Prestige has to stand for something though, and definitely not determined by entitled keyboard warriors on Reddit.
  • Will ex I gotten after max rank be counted? Please say yes or that would really be a sense of disappointment
  • Speedjack
    311 posts Member
    Woah, woah, woah, wait a minute. Are you suggesting that clone skin bundles will NOT be available with credits???!!!!!!!

The bundles will be made crystal only, but the individual skins will still be available for credits.

good idea for DICE that need money from crystals ... but bad idea for players who keep their credits for future skins ....
  • Well, does nothing for me at all. But good work anyway
  • Spend the dev time on real content. Like skins for luke and maul we'e been asking for since launch, the VO lines seem redundant.
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif
  • Speedjack
    311 posts Member
    will we get 1000 credits each time we level up ???
  • Maliainu
    1107 posts Member
    Cool! Like this update
  • Unwarycoin
    6261 posts Member
    The level cap increase sounds nice, but with the appearance bundle change the only thing I can think of is “another change for the community that I hate.”
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • @EA_Charlemagne

It would be nice if you could inform the community if there is content in the works, or planned to come in the near future, that would make leveling up past the current level caps worthwhile, worthwhile in terms of something more than just prestige.
    Something like more star cards or skins as people have been requesting for a while, perhaps in terms of heros star cards that allow us to change heroes and villains abilities much like how you can change trooper abilities, it would allow for a level of customization that could change up the way some play their heroes or villains.

It would also have been nice to have received more clarification of the purpose of the VO wheel, i mean what exactly is it adding to the game that the original emote wheel isn't sufficient for ? when might we get more emotes/VOs to actually fully utilize these wheels with the heroes and villains? please dont just drip feed them like the skins
  • What is the VO Wheel?

Still dont get it. And then list all current Emotes whats the point..
    My priority list:

1. Fix Split screen mode bugs
    2. Fix bugs
    3. Bigger play area for Duel mode
    4. More love for Starfighter modes
    5. First Person only mode
  • Batman20
    2010 posts Member
    I got excited when it said appearence bundle thought we were getting new skins. Most of these changes are pointless and don't really improve the quality of the game. What's the point ranking up if there is no new star cards to unlock
  • Appearance Bundles

Earlier this year, we added a bunch of appearance bundles for our upgraded Clone Trooper legion appearances. However, when we added these bundles to the game, we did it via the crates menu. We’re now moving these bundles into the Collection menu instead. This should make them easier to find for players new and old (and should prevent accidental purchases from happening).

Moving forward, these bundles will be available only for crystals, though at a significantly discounted rate (more than they are now). Appearances in bundles will still be available to be purchased separately by either credits or crystals.

Can't wait to see this be reversed. What a great way to encourage new players, "Hey, the clone skins used to cost credits you can earn by playing the game but now they'll cost you real money. Isn't that great?". Yeah, no.

The bundles will cost crystals. Individual skins will still be able to be purchased with credits.
    Billkwando wrote: »
    Appearance Bundles

Earlier this year, we added a bunch of appearance bundles for our upgraded Clone Trooper legion appearances. However, when we added these bundles to the game, we did it via the crates menu. We’re now moving these bundles into the Collection menu instead. This should make them easier to find for players new and old (and should prevent accidental purchases from happening).

Moving forward, these bundles will be available only for crystals, though at a significantly discounted rate (more than they are now). Appearances in bundles will still be available to be purchased separately by either credits or crystals.

Can't wait to see this be reversed. What a great way to encourage new players, "Hey, the clone skins used to cost credits you can earn by playing the game but now they'll cost you real money. Isn't that great?". Yeah, no.

So if we want these, we have to buy them with credits before the next update, basically?

I'd love to know the justification for this, and if they plan on making all future skins real money exclusive.

Only the bundles are being made crystal only, you can still buy the individual skins with credits. So no, future skins very likely won't be crystal exclusive.

Problem is that the main selling point of the bundles was that it was a cheaper credit cost than buying all the skins for a particular legion individually. Making the bundles crystals-only is such an obvious gouge move to make people spend real world money when they didn't have to before.
    If they need this game to make money in order to continue supporting it, fine, but add content that can be purchased with crystals, don't change existing free content to premium. This honestly smacks of desperation, that they're haemorrhaging money so much that they have to try and encouraging spending by making something that could be obtained via gameplay a premium purchase.
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    My Concepts
    Clone Skin Changes | Clone Customisation & Menu | Empire Customisation & Menu
  • What's the point of leveling up? Could hitting max rank unlock a new tier of star cards or something

For the 1000 credits you get, though now the credits. Though I have no interest in PT skins so I've amassed 1M credits with nothing to spend them on. They give us OT and PT skins to buy, I'd be all over it.
    Oh well hopefully Lucas Arts will be more interested in OT and PT fans' requests.
    5gyfxhxo6249.jpg
  • Oops, meant to say ST. After nearly 2 years of PT content, I've had enough!
    5gyfxhxo6249.jpg
  • It's a step in the right direction by raising the level cap, but is there anything earned through increasing the level? I mean, do we the players, get things like new weapons, new skins, early unlock on new heroes/villains, a new fourth card slot? Anything?
  • Appearance Bundles

I guess I will buy those last two bundles with my credits I have stored up before I have to pay for them with crystals.
    Bring back Extraction to the main menu please!

What the ROADMAP should look like for 2019/2020:
    “Season” 4: Episode IX
    “Season” 5: Rogue One
  • The new level cap will be nice though. My only question is whether all the XP we have accumulated after we initially maxed out a hero or trooper will automatically be applied in this update.

• None skin in this update? Really?

1bfioawlu399.png
  • Unwarycoin
    6261 posts Member
    greedo1980 wrote: »
    Add a prestige skin for every character please.

One that is only available when we get to 1000, and that isn't available by any other means.

As for VO wheel. I assume more useful lines will be added in future and that this first attempt is merely mapping the existing emote voice lines over to it.

Eh, I'd rather they not do that. I can just imagine the outrage if they added some of the skins that people have wanted for years as prestige skins. The forums and reddit would be ablaze if for instance Luke's Bespin skin was locked behind a level 1000 goal that only the most dedicated of no-lifers would ever reach with Luke, or the outrage if Solo Maul was locked behind a level 1000 goal.

Maybe level 100 or even 200 could work for a prestige skin for each hero, but we'd be looking at something like 400-500 hours per hero to unlock a prestige skin at level 1000.

I’d rather this than limited time events, but I do wonder what 1000 means for completionists.
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • Setrhy
    21 posts Member
    edited May 18
    OMG! 1000 It's too much in my opinion and I don't know what benefit it will be to raise the level now,
    before: points for the cards
    now: they will give us some credits or something?
    I like the idea of raising the level but 1000 seems very exaggerated.

I don't understand VO wheel, someone can explain me?. And about the appearances, well If we can buy it with credits is still fine.
    Post edited by Setrhy on
    General Grievous...
    e6ea0d2d213297d6ea9af6ede78a43648142af7e_00.gif

• To everyone who is not a fan of the idea of the crates being Crystals only: The game is like $20, and as a Premier member, I can buy it when it goes on sale for friends for like $4. They have to make money off of this game somehow if they want it to last. The skins are not under paywalls, just the bundles. (To my understanding)
  • can we have a Rewards system for leveling up?

Level 50 - New Attachments
    Level 100 - New Weapons / New Blasters
    Level 250 - New Skins
    Level 500 - Unlock Additional Star Card Slot
    Level 750 - New Enforcer Unit Unlocked
    Level 1000 (for all Classes) - Complementary Free Jedi Fallen Order Game and Goodie Bag from EA :D

Love it!!! Totally can see EA giving us a free game🤣
  • Instead of superficial cosmetic fluff. Can somebody add a server browser to this broken mess to allow PC players to play the game again?
  • KingFighterX
    8 posts Member
    edited May 21
    [" "]
    Post edited by KingFighterX on

• Level 500 - Unlock Additional Star Card Slot

^ That. That right there is genius
  • Spiito
    1979 posts Member
    Billkwando wrote: »
    I don't get it with the levels. If nobody else can see your rank or "prestige" what's the point in having it, to impress yourself? LOL

I would like to request again that the emote wheel be on a half second delay, or so. That way if you do it fast enough, you never see the emote wheel. It doesn't look good when you make replay videos.
    As other posters have already pointed out by now, you'll likely be able to see other people's levels when they kill you. ((Assuming you're not running around HUDless... ))

A double tap on Dpad or hold on Dpad to use last emote (or even a favorite emote) would make gameplay a bit smoother, if it doesn't already exist.
    Wknuto!
  • RC2074
    135 posts Member
    I read what you wrote EA_Cha,, but I do not see a point to a level system if there is no rewards comming with gaining a new level. Maybe you already planed it to come, but I could not see it in what you wrote so far in this CT.

• Obi-Wan

• Hello there!
    • Your move!
    • The strongest defense is a swift and decisive offense.
    • Only a Sith deals in absolutes.

General Grievous
    • You are a bold one!
    • Crush them! Make them suffer!
    • Surrender.. *coughs*...and I promise you will die quickly!
    • Your screams are like music to my audio receptors!
    • Coughing

Charlemagne, signing off.

And yet you haven't added

"High Ground"
    Or
    "General Kenobi"
  • This is probably going to be my least favorite update to the game, reasons

Clone skin bundles now cost crystals, I have never used real money on this game and have no intention to, do you know much I’m playing just so I can buy the 91st skins and have to use crystals?? I don’t mind it moving to the collection menu, but this make me MAD

Removing the target system. Do I need to explain

Vo wheel, what’s the point, we have emotes. Now if the lines were something like “follow me” or “attack the target” I would be much happier

The only thing In this update that is decent is the kamino map but my problem is that every time I try to play cs my game will crash mid way and my Xbox will turn off, doesn’t happen on other game modes or other games i play.

Sorry for my long rant
  • What? First, you say "these bundles will be available only for crystals", then you say "Appearances in bundles will still be available to be purchased separately by either credits or crystals.".

I hope we can get new appearances with credits still?
  • Level 1000 is just ridiculous with no rewards as you progress.
    So instead of new weapons for troopers heroes get a VO wheel? 🤢🤮
    Moving appearances around and now needing crystals.
    Nothing worthwhile in this CT.
    Congratulations DICE on reaching new lows for SWBF 17.
    #StarWars-y
  • Hey Dice! Increasing the level cap for troopers is a great idea, I think a lot of the community would enjoy a player cap level increase. Lots of us have been capped out at level 50 for quite a while so it would be fun for that extra goal to be increased, along with some kind of in game incentive :) I personally think 1000 is a bit high, but if you increased the player cap and the trooper level cap to 100 I think people would be satisfied with that!
  • Chris1
    221 posts Member
    Horrendous content!
  • Very good ct, but will only the units get a level cap increase, what happens with your personal level, only 50. Couldn't we increase it too, to like maybe 100. Has someone forgot or what. Anyways looking forward to 22 may....
  • Will the VO wheel work for player 2 in split screen Arcade?
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.
  • Will the VO wheel work for player 2 in split screen Arcade?

I doubt it
  • Unwarycoin
    6261 posts Member
    This is probably going to be my least favorite update to the game, reasons

Clone skin bundles now cost crystals, I have never used real money on this game and have no intention to, do you know much I’m playing just so I can buy the 91st skins and have to use crystals?? I don’t mind it moving to the collection menu, but this make me MAD

Vo wheel, what’s the point, we have emotes. Now if the lines were something like “follow me” or “attack the target” I would be much happier

The only thing In this update that is decent is the kamino map but my problem is that every time I try to play cs my game will crash mid way and my Xbox will turn off, doesn’t happen on other game modes or other games i play.

Sorry for my long rant

I had that crashing problem a bit ago, but it came after the update. It crashed again during Pac-Man Championship Edition 2, turns out my Xbox was too close to my cable box.
    Hope this helps.
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • Appearance Bundles

I took it to mean that you can still get everything using credits, but just not in one package / bundle. You would just buy each item in the bundle separately using credits.
  • Makir1000 wrote: »
    What? First, you say "these bundles will be available only for crystals", then you say "Appearances in bundles will still be available to be purchased separately by either credits or crystals.".

I hope we can get new appearances with credits still?

You can still. The bundle will cost crystals. Individual skins can still be bought with credits. Originally, the bundle only saved you a total of 20k credits. It was like a 4 skin bundle for the price of 3.

• Sandman332
    2 posts Member
    edited May 19
    People asking about "Why do we need a VO wheel if we already have the emote wheel"? I can answer this perfectly.

You can no longer emote, then walk away mid during that emote and have the character line keep playing. If you could still do this I would understand not needing a VO wheel but they either fixed that as somehow to them being an issue or just fixed that when doing one of the many VO/emote fixes the last few patches/updates.

Plus many people likely didn't know you could stop an emote mid-way through and the line would still play but I have tested this and it no longer seems to be the case. Plus who knows, maybe even though you (the player) could still hear the line after interrupting the animation every other player near you actually couldn't hear it because you interrupted it, again who knows.

And the clone appearance bundle now only being able to be bought with crystals? What the hell? Who thought this was a good idea? Yes I know you can still buy each skin separate but the bundle gave you a discount instead of having to buy them all individually. That seems to be what many don't know so yes I can understand why there is a lot of uproar about this.
  • I am misunderstanding something? The max level is now lvl 1000? That's absurd, no one will reach that high a level, unless they play 24/7
  • I am misunderstanding something? The max level is now lvl 1000? That's absurd, no one will reach that high a level, unless they play 24/7

All units will have a max of 1000, the personal level looks like it has not changed, still 50 I think.
  • Unwarycoin wrote: »
    This is probably going to be my least favorite update to the game, reasons

Sorry for my long rant

I had that crashing problem a bit ago, but it came after the update. It crashed again during Pac-Man Championship Edition 2, turns out my Xbox was too close to my cable box.
    Hope this helps.

Thanks for the advice, I will try it :)
  • SYchael
    85 posts Member
    I’m happy for the location of the parents bundle changes. To top it off could we have direct deposit for daily login rather than crates and totally do away with him for good!? Also stats screen by toggling the menu button. Even if it’s basic. I know there was a beta leak a long time ago.
  • I personally do love a good grind but I think everything going up to level 1000 is just a bit too much. It already took long enough to max everything out to complete the game, now when this update goes live that entire accomplishment will just be gone. A prestige system isn't a bad idea though, I just feel you're going about it the way. Maybe just reset the level to 1 on whatever unit you want to prestige (without losing actual progression such as weapons and star cards) but still keep the golden icon so players can know of your accomplishment. Fully leveling up a unit again should grant some kind of a unique reward, such as an appearance that can't be bought or earned any other way. There's a lot of potential for a prestige system, I just don't wanna see it wasted on increasing everything to level 1,000 and it being left at that
  • What's the point of leveling up? Could hitting max rank unlock a new tier of star cards or something

Nobody's ever going to hit level 1,000...
  • This is what you're working on instead of fixing known bugs and creating good content?
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!