criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission
No Match for a Good Blaster

Fixes needed for lightsaber combat

1. Reduce vertical hit box. This is not a matter of opinion, it's a problem and needs fixing. When you try to jump away from an attacking lightsaber user and you are completely off the ground but you still take damage from their swing, even though their lightsaber was no where near touching you, is really frustrating. Same thing happens if you fall of a cliff and they still swing.

2. Reduce max lunge distance. No Force user should be able to lunge so far that they can still hit you after dodging or using a dash attack in the opposite direction. For instance I was fighting Anakin as Maul and I needed to get away fast, so I used the spin attack away from him and his follow up strike lunged ALL THE WAY to me after trying to escape. Ridiculous.

3. Fix dodge bug. You can get caught in an annoying bug where if you dodge away from a lightsaber user as they hit you, you get sucked back in and take damage from their hit. Try to dodge again and it pulls you back in, over and over, super frustrating.

Replies

• I totally agree, the dodge has been a problem for a long time now. Most of the time I try to dash away I get cought or saber locked. And the new change to the lightsaber system is not solving this problem. By removing the stagger they allowed players to hit attacks after attacks and if you are trying to get away you have no chance of escaping. I think they should have fixed the dodge+ the lunge distance before changing the system. I hope this gets fixed soon, because the lightsaber combat in this game is really bad right now. I simply cannot enjoy HvV or Hero Showdown anymore because of this problem. I dont know why they fixed it way earlier, but now everytime I see a lightsaber hero and I am a lightsaber hero in ga I am affraid of getting saberlocked or hit even though I am not in range anymore. It just ruins the complete hero system
  • the saber combat is the best it's ever been, maybe try attacking once and blocking instantly and you will find yourself in a cinematic duel if you can keep that up.
  • mattfreddy wrote: »
    the saber combat is the best it's ever been, maybe try attacking once and blocking instantly and you will find yourself in a cinematic duel if you can keep that up.

I don't think you get the point. Yes, the saber combat is better then ever but I'm simply addressing these bugs that ruin the experience. I am great at saber combat, and want it to work properly and fairly.
  • Maliainu
    1107 posts Member
    The dodge bug is pretty irritating at times.
  • For this reason I never jump out of a fight I will only dash to get out if needed. Yoda seems to be able to reliably jump out of it but other than him I have to agree with the op about the jumping, it should be viable and it’s not. I don’t know about the rolling as I haven’t used blaster hero’s much in a long time but as a saber user I’ve had blaster opponent absolutely dodge roll me to frustration so I’m a bit skeptical on that one