criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar

Why isnt there a 1v1 mode

Prev134
Colin777
646 posts Member
edited May 13
Dont see why there isnt a 1v1, even tho it would be agreat addition, besides it is a star wars game. Itd be better than that stupid hero showdown

Replies

• Colin777
    646 posts Member
    Maliainu wrote: »
    If we had a 1v1, these forums would just be full of whiners, and nothing but that. Not that we aren’t already exposed to that.

How exactly @Maliainu
  • Maliainu
    1107 posts Member
    You serious? Or are you just trolling by asking me this question?
  • Bandicoot
    956 posts Member
    Colin777 wrote: »
    If you’ve been around the forums, it’s not that hard to piece together what the result would be.

You’ll see more people trying to convince each other why [insert character] is OP. How [insert character] is breaking the game. How [insert character] should be nerfed/buffed because [insert illogical reasoning] is solely based on this persons inexperienced playability and/or because they’re not good with [insert character].

Im glad you responded. But is this not a forum, what is a forum used for...? Its used for complaining, whining, and fixing. Making the game better. And when someone is in the minority and complains about something they usually post a few forums and then go away. But if they are in the majority, then its a good thing they brought it up and it should be fixed

Yes and no, because the majority of players are bad, and shouldn't be able to post about game balance. If the devs were more intelligent and could balance the game properly, then they would ignore half these whiners and the game wouldn't be in the state it is in now.
  • Colin777
    646 posts Member
    If you’ve been around the forums, it’s not that hard to piece together what the result would be.

You’ll see more people trying to convince each other why [insert character] is OP. How [insert character] is breaking the game. How [insert character] should be nerfed/buffed because [insert illogical reasoning] is solely based on this persons inexperienced playability and/or because they’re not good with [insert character].

Im glad you responded. But is this not a forum, what is a forum used for...? Its used for complaining, whining, and fixing. Making the game better. And when someone is in the minority and complains about something they usually post a few forums and then go away. But if they are in the majority, then its a good thing they brought it up and it should be fixed

It is a forum. But that does not mean every complaint is 100% legitimate or 100% guaranteed to be necessary to have even been mentioned.

Don’t get me wrong, I used to think 1v1 was a good idea. Now I don’t.

Because people will complain??? So you wouldnt want new guns, new heroes, new maps. Bc theirs a big chance people will complain about those too
  • Maliainu
    1107 posts Member

It is a forum. But that does not mean every complaint is 100% legitimate or 100% guaranteed to be necessary to have even been mentioned.

Because people will complain??? So you wouldnt want new guns, new heroes, new maps. Bc theirs a big chance people will complain about those too

You’re talking about different content now and you’re misinterpreting my words.

I have identified that the mass majority of these people who are the inexperienced ones are exactly the ones who are being catered to. This is majority of the complainers on these forums. So let me ask you again, are you trolling by asking me these questions?

I’m all for suggestions like maps, weapons, infantry, heroes, etc etc.
  • Colin777
    646 posts Member

I have identified that the mass majority of these people who are the inexperienced ones are exactly the ones who are being catered to. This is majority of the complainers on these forums. So let me ask you again, are you trolling by asking me these questions?

No im saying the only reason you dont want a 1v1 mode is because people will complain about it, so why should it be any different for guns, heroes, maps
  • Maliainu
    1107 posts Member

No im saying the only reason you dont want a 1v1 mode is because people will complain about it, so why should it be any different for guns, heroes, maps

It’s part of my reasoning. I also said that I used to support this idea. Now I don’t for many reasons.

People will complain, but besides that my other worry is they’ll find more reasons to assist in ruining the game. I have other reasons to not want 1v1. Such as I will personally find it boring if I’m always playing against said inexperienced people. Instant kills are boring.
  • Colin777
    646 posts Member
    edited May 13

It’s part of my reasoning. I also said that I used to support this idea. Now I don’t for many reasons.

People will complain, but besides that my other worry is they’ll find more reasons to assist in ruining the game. I have other reasons to not want 1v1. Such as I will personally find it boring if I’m always playing against said inexperienced people. Instant kills are boring.

then leave the match or dont play the game mode

And have you ever played hero showdown against bad players
  • Maliainu
    1107 posts Member

If that’s what you conclude:

-1 vote to not have it at all.
  • Colin777
    646 posts Member

If that’s what you conclude:

-1 vote to not have it at all.

Oky doky then
  • Bandicoot
    956 posts Member
    I vote for it, I honestly think people will complain just as much as they are already, and hero showdown is amazing so 1v1 would be amazing. Only if playing vs players of equal skill though, which may never happen because matchmaking is a joke.
  • Colin777
    646 posts Member
    Bandicoot wrote: »
    I vote for it, I honestly think people will complain just as much as they are already, and hero showdown is amazing so 1v1 would be amazing. Only if playing vs players of equal skill though, which may never happen because matchmaking is a joke.

Awesome, thank you

Also it would be a cool reason to add smaller maps, this idea came from another forum but

Starkiller forest

Emperors throne room

Bespin gas chambers

Dagobah

Count dookus docking area on geonosis

Etc
  • Bandicoot
    956 posts Member

Awesome, thank you

Also it would be a cool reason to add smaller maps, this idea came from another forum but

Starkiller forest

Emperors throne room

Bespin gas chambers

Dagobah

Etc

That would be awesome, I feel like rage quitters would ruin the mode though.
  • Jedi Knight Academy had something like this I think.
  • Maliainu
    1107 posts Member

Awesome, thank you

Starkiller forest

Emperors throne room

Bespin gas chambers

Dagobah

Etc

My best guess is it would happen more frequently than it does in HvV.
  • Colin777
    646 posts Member

Awesome, thank you

Starkiller forest

Emperors throne room

Bespin gas chambers

Dagobah

Etc

Ok theres a problem i agree with
  • Colin777
    646 posts Member
    VoodooKing wrote: »
    Jedi Knight Academy had something like this I think.

Nvr played jedi academy, but still thats cool
  • They should just change hero showdown to 1v1

It would fix a lot issues with that mode and make it more fun
  • Colin777
    646 posts Member
    They should just change hero showdown to 1v1

It would fix a lot issues with that mode and make it more fun

Personally i think so too, but some people like hero showdown
  • Personally, i think custom arcade should simply be playable online for coop or vs matches... As skirmish mode or survival in battlefront 2015...
    Please consider.
  • There is this idea that 1v1 is a test of "skill". I don't agree with that in this game. These are characters designed around a large scale team based battle experience, not a Street Fighter-esque fighting game. Unless you have players having the same characters fighting each other (Vader vs. Vader, etc) I don't see how you could call it skill based.

Right now it feels like people want this to thump their chests and declare themselves better players than others. The people who like to respond on these forums with "1v1 me then". With the abilities that the characters currently have, it would be mostly about character selection, in my opinion.

What are your ideas for 1v1? Everything just as it is, just 1v1? Or would you suggest a different ruleset or limit abilities, etc? What about blaster heroes? I've seen people on these forums calling for a 1v1 saber only mode, which again shows they want this to be a fighting game.
  • Bandicoot wrote: »

Yes and no, because the majority of players are bad, and shouldn't be able to post about game balance. If the devs were more intelligent and could balance the game properly, then they would ignore half these whiners and the game wouldn't be in the state it is in now.

Relative to what, exactly? If you are in the top 95% of players in terms of skill, you cannot be called "bad." Players are good or bad based on how much better/worse they are than the majority of the games' population.
  • AzorAhai
    1367 posts Member
    1v1.

Private matches allowed.

No restrictions on Light/Dark side (Kylo could fight Vader, for instance).

I think it would be a fantastic addition to the game.
  • HS should be changed into a 1V1 mode. It would solve every issue that mode has, such as quitters and the usual “waiting for player”. It’s too logical for them to implement.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • Jimmy89
    161 posts Member
    I'm all for 1v1 mode. Private matches would be great too. If you don't like it then don't play. It is that simple.
  • Piscettios
    6075 posts Member
    I think a 1v1 mode with private matches would be a better option than anything we have currently for heroes only modes. Would rather see it added at the end of the games content drops than right now. A shift in focus to anything other than heroes would be nice right now.
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • Maliainu
    1107 posts Member
    1v1 as a private match? I like this suggestion.
  • Relmets
    2442 posts Member
    Need a free-for-all mode
    [+3748 posts]
  • SSJSnoop
    2182 posts Member
    Every time adding a 1v1 mode is talked about around here a slew of haters instantly shoot it down and complain that the mode will be too salt/rage-inducing, smfh.

A 1v1 is one of best things they could possibly have but hyperbolic haters will deny it stating "it'll be boring".

• Colin777
    646 posts Member
    edited May 13
    Piscettios wrote: »
    I think a 1v1 mode with private matches would be a better option than anything we have currently for heroes only modes. Would rather see it added at the end of the games content drops than right now. A shift in focus to anything other than heroes would be nice right now.

Ya but not everyone has someone to play with online

Including me

But that doesnt mean private matches shouldnt be added
  • This is something Smash Bros gets right.
    The hero modes can learn from their custom matchmaking system
    "Dude, don't call us plucky, we don't know what it means."
    Devoted worshipper of Haruhi Suzumiya
    Instagram
    Twitter
    DeviantArt
    YouTube
    346z5t0ufg6v.gif
  • Colin777
    646 posts Member
    I love how people on this forum can get so much support with no feedback from devs. I obviously dont have a lot but it still happens
  • Bandicoot
    956 posts Member
    I love how people on this forum can get so much support with no feedback from devs. I obviously dont have a lot but it still happens

Too busy eating their bananas
  • Piscettios
    6075 posts Member
    Piscettios wrote: »

Ya but not everyone has someone to play with online

Including me

But that doesnt mean private matches shouldnt be added

I always imagined private matches would be in addition to a regular public lobby mode.
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • SSJSnoop
    2182 posts Member
    I've wanted 1v1 online matchmaking since Battlefront 1 and made a topic immediately after Hero Showdown came out.

Please add this simple mode. You're so close.

1 versus 1.
  • Colin777
    646 posts Member

Too busy eating their bananas

Haha, yea
  • Phyxsius
    372 posts Member
    Because there isn't an infantry only mode.
  • Colin777
    646 posts Member
    Phyxsius wrote: »

Blast
  • Lagodaki
    912 posts Member

Blast
    The Wookiee’s would like a word with you
    zzwptdfip6uv.gif

I'm the arbiter of consumer satisfaction
  • Relmets
    2442 posts Member

Blast

I'm giving you 5 minutes to delete this
    [+3748 posts]
  • Colin777
    646 posts Member
    edited May 15
    Lagodaki wrote: »

Blast
    The Wookiee’s would like a word with you
    Relmets wrote: »

Blast

I'm giving you 5 minutes to delete this

I stand by my comment, but am sorry for saying it
  • Hero 1v1 me bro. I’ll be the villains and pick Kylo every time.

Freeze + Frenzy is kinda strong lol.

Light side would always be anakin now too. So....
  • Colin777
    646 posts Member
    Bump

I have 12 agrees so far
    But i feel this isnt the first time this idea has had good support
  • SSJSnoop
    2182 posts Member
    Absofluckinglutely bump this thread.

• Colin777
    646 posts Member
    SSJSnoop wrote: »
    Absofluckinglutely bump this thread.