criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar

Why isnt there a 1v1 mode

24

Replies

  • Hero’s arent balanced for a 1v1.
  • CC_1010
    2479 posts Member
    edited May 17
    Heroes not balanced for 1v1? I disagree.
    While there are weaker heroes like Rey(absolute trash for offensive purposes in a 1v1) and the General(I don’t like him for 1v1( too slow/ too spamable abilities/ trash block)), nobody is REALLY helpless in a 1v1 situation.
    And it is also possible to deal with the strongest 1v1 heroes. (Anakin/ Vader/ Kylo)
  • Colin777 wrote: »
    Dont see why there isnt a 1v1, even tho it would be agreat addition, besides it is a star wars game. Itd be better than that stupid hero showdown

    First of all there is 1v1, offline split screen, 2nd hero showdown is a great mode, would be better if more people activily chose to 1v1 each other in that, something me an my frinds do, we each focus on one enmey player each once one player is down we just sit and watch the other two duke it out till one or the other wins. 3rd it could be fun if an online mode consisted of 1v1 however i dont see that happening when we have hero showdown and the offline split screen mode.
  • CC_1010
    2479 posts Member
    Colin777 wrote: »
    Dont see why there isnt a 1v1, even tho it would be agreat addition, besides it is a star wars game. Itd be better than that stupid hero showdown

    First of all there is 1v1, offline split screen, 2nd hero showdown is a great mode, would be better if more people activily chose to 1v1 each other in that, something me an my frinds do, we each focus on one enmey player each once one player is down we just sit and watch the other two duke it out till one or the other wins. 3rd it could be fun if an online mode consisted of 1v1 however i dont see that happening when we have hero showdown and the offline split screen mode.

    I LOVE HS. Now my favourite mode. I’ve spent hours duelling 1v1’s with the same enemy and teammate. Is sooooo fun.
  • Raylol
    1140 posts Member
    Vader would anhilate everyone by just spamming block and choke + trhow combo. Just imagine how annoying this would be.
  • Tigzee
    258 posts Member
    1v1 would make much more sense --- because ---> Randoms hardly ever get on well together on the same side in HS as it is. Hotshots feel perfectly justified in abusing their own team mates by private message in HS. At least aggressive behavior towards an actual opponent would make much more sense. I've come across quite a few hotheads fixed on wasting time / holding up the game needing to send abuse. 1v1 would cut it out. HS 2v2 is the worst game in SWBF2 by a long shot!!
  • Colin777 wrote: »
    Dont see why there isnt a 1v1, even tho it would be agreat addition, besides it is a star wars game. Itd be better than that stupid hero showdown

    First of all there is 1v1, offline split screen, 2nd hero showdown is a great mode, would be better if more people activily chose to 1v1 each other in that, something me an my frinds do, we each focus on one enmey player each once one player is down we just sit and watch the other two duke it out till one or the other wins. 3rd it could be fun if an online mode consisted of 1v1 however i dont see that happening when we have hero showdown and the offline split screen mode.
    Hero Showdown is not a great mode. The delay between rounds is unnecessarily long.
  • I want 1v1 so badly!
  • Colin777 wrote: »
    Dont see why there isnt a 1v1, even tho it would be agreat addition, besides it is a star wars game. Itd be better than that stupid hero showdown

    First of all there is 1v1, offline split screen, 2nd hero showdown is a great mode, would be better if more people activily chose to 1v1 each other in that, something me an my frinds do, we each focus on one enmey player each once one player is down we just sit and watch the other two duke it out till one or the other wins. 3rd it could be fun if an online mode consisted of 1v1 however i dont see that happening when we have hero showdown and the offline split screen mode.

    Hero showdown is trash
  • Colin777
    646 posts Member
    Colin777 wrote: »
    Dont see why there isnt a 1v1, even tho it would be agreat addition, besides it is a star wars game. Itd be better than that stupid hero showdown

    First of all there is 1v1, offline split screen, 2nd hero showdown is a great mode, would be better if more people activily chose to 1v1 each other in that, something me an my frinds do, we each focus on one enmey player each once one player is down we just sit and watch the other two duke it out till one or the other wins. 3rd it could be fun if an online mode consisted of 1v1 however i dont see that happening when we have hero showdown and the offline split screen mode.

    Not everyone got friends
  • Colin777
    646 posts Member
    Now 14 agrees
    Knock knock EA
    @F8RGE @IronSoldier
  • rollind24
    5951 posts Member
    edited May 18
    CC_1010 wrote: »
    Heroes not balanced for 1v1? I disagree.
    While there are weaker heroes like Rey(absolute trash for offensive purposes in a 1v1) and the General(I don’t like him for 1v1( too slow/ too spamable abilities/ trash block)), nobody is REALLY helpless in a 1v1 situation.
    And it is also possible to deal with the strongest 1v1 heroes. (Anakin/ Vader/ Kylo)

    If they were then there should be a 1v1 mode, no? Otherwise why would you balance them like that?
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • CC_1010
    2479 posts Member
    rollind24 wrote: »
    CC_1010 wrote: »
    Heroes not balanced for 1v1? I disagree.
    While there are weaker heroes like Rey(absolute trash for offensive purposes in a 1v1) and the General(I don’t like him for 1v1( too slow/ too spamable abilities/ trash block)), nobody is REALLY helpless in a 1v1 situation.
    And it is also possible to deal with the strongest 1v1 heroes. (Anakin/ Vader/ Kylo)

    If they were then there should be a 1v1 mode, no? Otherwise why would you balance them like that?

    Why wouldn’t they?
    Everyone has a chance to win. There are clearly heroes that are way stronger then others but the lightside and darkside have counterparts:
    Anakin/ Vader
    Obi/ Dooku
    Yoda/ Kylo
    Luke/ Grievous
    Rey/ Maul
  • Colin777
    646 posts Member
    Bump.
  • SSJSnoop
    2182 posts Member
    Colin777 wrote: »
    Dont see why there isnt a 1v1, even tho it would be agreat addition, besides it is a star wars game. Itd be better than that stupid hero showdown

    First of all there is 1v1, offline split screen, 2nd hero showdown is a great mode, would be better if more people activily chose to 1v1 each other in that, something me an my frinds do, we each focus on one enmey player each once one player is down we just sit and watch the other two duke it out till one or the other wins. 3rd it could be fun if an online mode consisted of 1v1 however i dont see that happening when we have hero showdown and the offline split screen mode.
    Colin777 wrote: »
    Dont see why there isnt a 1v1, even tho it would be agreat addition, besides it is a star wars game. Itd be better than that stupid hero showdown

    First of all there is 1v1, offline split screen, 2nd hero showdown is a great mode, would be better if more people activily chose to 1v1 each other in that, something me an my frinds do, we each focus on one enmey player each once one player is down we just sit and watch the other two duke it out till one or the other wins. 3rd it could be fun if an online mode consisted of 1v1 however i dont see that happening when we have hero showdown and the offline split screen mode.

    You just argued in favor of 1v1, guy.

    You only play 2v2s so you can try and get 1v1s.

    Dedicated 1v1s would eliminate the struggle.

  • Colin777
    646 posts Member
    SSJSnoop wrote: »
    Colin777 wrote: »
    Dont see why there isnt a 1v1, even tho it would be agreat addition, besides it is a star wars game. Itd be better than that stupid hero showdown

    First of all there is 1v1, offline split screen, 2nd hero showdown is a great mode, would be better if more people activily chose to 1v1 each other in that, something me an my frinds do, we each focus on one enmey player each once one player is down we just sit and watch the other two duke it out till one or the other wins. 3rd it could be fun if an online mode consisted of 1v1 however i dont see that happening when we have hero showdown and the offline split screen mode.
    Colin777 wrote: »
    Dont see why there isnt a 1v1, even tho it would be agreat addition, besides it is a star wars game. Itd be better than that stupid hero showdown

    First of all there is 1v1, offline split screen, 2nd hero showdown is a great mode, would be better if more people activily chose to 1v1 each other in that, something me an my frinds do, we each focus on one enmey player each once one player is down we just sit and watch the other two duke it out till one or the other wins. 3rd it could be fun if an online mode consisted of 1v1 however i dont see that happening when we have hero showdown and the offline split screen mode.

    You just argued in favor of 1v1, guy.

    You only play 2v2s so you can try and get 1v1s.

    Dedicated 1v1s would eliminate the struggle.

    Yes i hate trying to get a 1v1 its almost impossible bc either their team mate interfers or your own team mate does
  • Colin777
    646 posts Member
    AzorAhai wrote: »
    1v1.

    Private matches allowed.

    No restrictions on Light/Dark side (Kylo could fight Vader, for instance).

    I think it would be a fantastic addition to the game.

    I love that idea like obi wan vs anakin
  • 1v1 mode could be nice but the community ruins everything.
    Check these posts out:
  • Dooku will have enormous advantage against saber hero’s and bossk for sabers as well. Sabers would rule the game mode and the dark side is just too good with sabers atm. The whole idea of the LS is group play and the DS favor more individual strength
  • Dooku will have enormous advantage against saber hero’s and bossk for sabers as well. Sabers would rule the game mode and the dark side is just too good with sabers atm. The whole idea of the LS is group play and the DS favor more individual strength

    If they do add it I think they would randomize what hero you would get and it would be in packages for example:

    Luke VS Vader

    Rey VS Kylo

    Then maybe Obi vs Maul
    Check these posts out:
  • Colin777
    646 posts Member
    Dooku will have enormous advantage against saber hero’s and bossk for sabers as well. Sabers would rule the game mode and the dark side is just too good with sabers atm. The whole idea of the LS is group play and the DS favor more individual strength

    If they do add it I think they would randomize what hero you would get and it would be in packages for example:

    Luke VS Vader

    Rey VS Kylo

    Then maybe Obi vs Maul

    Ya that could be, but id rather have complete random no light or darkside just 1v1
    For example Obi wan and Anakin
  • SSJSnoop
    2182 posts Member
    Dooku will have enormous advantage against saber hero’s and bossk for sabers as well. Sabers would rule the game mode and the dark side is just too good with sabers atm. The whole idea of the LS is group play and the DS favor more individual strength

    This is why I want a 1v1 mode. I would prove you son wrong so hard and own with all the low tier characters.

    DICE PLEASE. 1V1.
  • Colin777
    646 posts Member
    SSJSnoop wrote: »
    Dooku will have enormous advantage against saber hero’s and bossk for sabers as well. Sabers would rule the game mode and the dark side is just too good with sabers atm. The whole idea of the LS is group play and the DS favor more individual strength

    This is why I want a 1v1 mode. I would prove you son wrong so hard and own with all the low tier characters.

    DICE PLEASE. 1V1.

    Hallelujah
  • RyanK388
    1860 posts Member
    Because 2v2 mode exists
    Simple answer
    I not gonna give comply teddy ansewer
  • SSJSnoop
    2182 posts Member
    HS is horrible esp because of the rounds.

    A 1v1 is very different from a 2v2.

    It would become a premier mode instantly.
  • CC_1010
    2479 posts Member
    SSJSnoop wrote: »
    HS is horrible esp because of the rounds.

    A 1v1 is very different from a 2v2.

    It would become a premier mode instantly.

    I had way more balanced and less frustrating matches in HS.
  • SSJSnoop
    2182 posts Member
    CC_1010 wrote: »
    SSJSnoop wrote: »
    HS is horrible esp because of the rounds.

    A 1v1 is very different from a 2v2.

    It would become a premier mode instantly.

    I had way more balanced and less frustrating matches in HS.

    Wth are you talking about? Lol

    There is no online 1v1 mode to compare it to.

    HS is a complete waste of resources for a horrible mode.
  • CC_1010
    2479 posts Member
    SSJSnoop wrote: »
    CC_1010 wrote: »
    SSJSnoop wrote: »
    HS is horrible esp because of the rounds.

    A 1v1 is very different from a 2v2.

    It would become a premier mode instantly.

    I had way more balanced and less frustrating matches in HS.

    Wth are you talking about? Lol

    There is no online 1v1 mode to compare it to.

    HS is a complete waste of resources for a horrible mode.

    I disagree
  • SSJSnoop wrote: »
    Colin777 wrote: »
    Dont see why there isnt a 1v1, even tho it would be agreat addition, besides it is a star wars game. Itd be better than that stupid hero showdown

    First of all there is 1v1, offline split screen, 2nd hero showdown is a great mode, would be better if more people activily chose to 1v1 each other in that, something me an my frinds do, we each focus on one enmey player each once one player is down we just sit and watch the other two duke it out till one or the other wins. 3rd it could be fun if an online mode consisted of 1v1 however i dont see that happening when we have hero showdown and the offline split screen mode.
    Colin777 wrote: »
    Dont see why there isnt a 1v1, even tho it would be agreat addition, besides it is a star wars game. Itd be better than that stupid hero showdown

    First of all there is 1v1, offline split screen, 2nd hero showdown is a great mode, would be better if more people activily chose to 1v1 each other in that, something me an my frinds do, we each focus on one enmey player each once one player is down we just sit and watch the other two duke it out till one or the other wins. 3rd it could be fun if an online mode consisted of 1v1 however i dont see that happening when we have hero showdown and the offline split screen mode.

    You just argued in favor of 1v1, guy.

    You only play 2v2s so you can try and get 1v1s.

    Dedicated 1v1s would eliminate the struggle.

    Im not arguing against a 1v1 mode im simply stating why i dont think dice will impliment a 1v1 mode for online play could be wrong of course
  • Colin777 wrote: »
    Dooku will have enormous advantage against saber hero’s and bossk for sabers as well. Sabers would rule the game mode and the dark side is just too good with sabers atm. The whole idea of the LS is group play and the DS favor more individual strength

    If they do add it I think they would randomize what hero you would get and it would be in packages for example:

    Luke VS Vader

    Rey VS Kylo

    Then maybe Obi vs Maul

    Ya that could be, but id rather have complete random no light or darkside just 1v1
    For example Obi wan and Anakin

    That could actually be so fun.
    Check these posts out:
  • IcedFreon
    871 posts Member
    edited May 19
    Maliainu wrote: »
    If you’ve been around the forums, it’s not that hard to piece together what the result would be.

    You’ll see more people trying to convince each other why [insert character] is OP. How [insert character] is breaking the game. How [insert character] should be nerfed/buffed because [insert illogical reasoning] is solely based on this persons inexperienced playability and/or because they’re not good with [insert character].

    bwhryp1mqlg1.jpg

  • SSJSnoop
    2182 posts Member
    CC_1010 wrote: »
    SSJSnoop wrote: »
    CC_1010 wrote: »
    SSJSnoop wrote: »
    HS is horrible esp because of the rounds.

    A 1v1 is very different from a 2v2.

    It would become a premier mode instantly.

    I had way more balanced and less frustrating matches in HS.

    Wth are you talking about? Lol

    There is no online 1v1 mode to compare it to.

    HS is a complete waste of resources for a horrible mode.

    I disagree

    With what? That there isn't a a 1v1 mode you compared to HS? That's not debatable.

    You can like HS all you want but there is no 1v1 mode yet, so HS can't be more balanced and less frustrating compared to a mode that doesn't exist.

    Rounds really kill the fun in HS.





  • CC_1010
    2479 posts Member
    Oh I meant compared to HvV. HS is more fun then HvV(at least for me)
    SSJSnoop wrote: »
    CC_1010 wrote: »
    SSJSnoop wrote: »
    CC_1010 wrote: »
    SSJSnoop wrote: »
    HS is horrible esp because of the rounds.

    A 1v1 is very different from a 2v2.

    It would become a premier mode instantly.

    I had way more balanced and less frustrating matches in HS.

    Wth are you talking about? Lol

    There is no online 1v1 mode to compare it to.

    HS is a complete waste of resources for a horrible mode.

    I disagree

    With what? That there isn't a a 1v1 mode you compared to HS? That's not debatable.

    You can like HS all you want but there is no 1v1 mode yet, so HS can't be more balanced and less frustrating compared to a mode that doesn't exist.

    Rounds really kill the fun in HS.





  • SSJSnoop wrote: »
    Dooku will have enormous advantage against saber hero’s and bossk for sabers as well. Sabers would rule the game mode and the dark side is just too good with sabers atm. The whole idea of the LS is group play and the DS favor more individual strength

    This is why I want a 1v1 mode. I would prove you son wrong so hard and own with all the low tier characters.

    DICE PLEASE. 1V1.

    You would not hahahhaa and some of it just wouldn’t be because of skill, but with characters. You pick Leia, Han, Fin, or Lando(on a good day on my part) and I pick DOOKU it’s iver for you before it starts and if you understand this game you’ll know I’m right 😂😂 now lets hope this update helps out shooters to try and even the playing field with sabers


    I do agree with the pre made idea. That’s the only way I could see they could balance

  • I believe a 1v1 mode would lead to non-stop whining about hero balance. We'd have posts complaining about a certain hero dominates the 1v1 mode and Dice would nerf that hero and ruin them for all other modes.
  • SSJSnoop
    2182 posts Member
    SSJSnoop wrote: »
    Dooku will have enormous advantage against saber hero’s and bossk for sabers as well. Sabers would rule the game mode and the dark side is just too good with sabers atm. The whole idea of the LS is group play and the DS favor more individual strength

    This is why I want a 1v1 mode. I would prove you son wrong so hard and own with all the low tier characters.

    DICE PLEASE. 1V1.

    You would not hahahhaa and some of it just wouldn’t be because of skill, but with characters. You pick Leia, Han, Fin, or Lando(on a good day on my part) and I pick DOOKU it’s iver for you before it starts and if you understand this game you’ll know I’m right 😂😂 now lets hope this update helps out shooters to try and even the playing field with sabers


    I do agree with the pre made idea. That’s the only way I could see they could balance

    Hahaha.Pretty sure i understand this game better than you since I know for sure I could wreck your Dooku with Han right off the bat lol
  • OoiiHooked_22
    2879 posts Member
    edited May 19
    If dooku lands a lightning with his abilities hot on the stove what chance is there with a shooter, especially Han? I love the shooter I’m not turning this into a biased thing, just dooku is a TOOUGH matchup for shooters with their health at the moment. Serious question

    Edit: Han is a great hero but he’s a great example just due to his health. I don’t know the stats to back me up but I’m pretty sure with a lighting and expose on, I’m assuming 3 swings max on Han?
  • SrawDawg
    984 posts Member
    Because there are times in life when all the lies don't outweigh the present reality. When you figure out what I just wrote. Your answer, you will have.
  • Colin777
    646 posts Member
    Bump, bc i felt this had good enough support
  • rollind24
    5951 posts Member
    edited June 4
    Would love to duel with a snobby Specialist with my Heavy actually. I’m in.


    621ezxd6adxn.gif

    For when I’m feeling really frisky. For all the hero lords that say go play the old Battlefront

    05x3zqvt6ovk.jpeg

    0gwm0ar4xked.png
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • mastery0ta
    6492 posts Member
    Id play onevsone for sure... I had high hopes for that game @rollind24. It was terrible. It's 2019 and we don't have a star wars VR/dueling game? Sad. And I don't count that arcade cabinet from like 8 years ago either. I've seen the upcoming oculus Vader game as well. Still not looking like "the one"
  • Colin777
    646 posts Member
    mastery0ta wrote: »
    Id play onevsone for sure... I had high hopes for that game @rollind24. It was terrible. It's 2019 and we don't have a star wars VR/dueling game? Sad. And I don't count that arcade cabinet from like 8 years ago either. I've seen the upcoming oculus Vader game as well. Still not looking like "the one"

    Vr dueling would be cool
  • I’ve said this so many times but HS should be changed into a 1v1 duel mode. Another wasted, dead mode that just sits there. All issues with that mode would be solved if they made this change. But, they won’t.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • Colin777
    646 posts Member
    I’ve said this so many times but HS should be changed into a 1v1 duel mode. Another wasted, dead mode that just sits there. All issues with that mode would be solved if they made this change. But, they won’t.

    Ya that would be a quick and easy fix, but i know some people still like the 2v2 but personally i dont
  • Colin777
    646 posts Member
    18 agrees and nothing but agree @F8RGE @IronSoldier @EA_Rtas
  • Piscettios
    6075 posts Member
    Here was my idea of how a 1v1 mode could work in this game. Did this a while ago, so some things may not be applicable. But the private matches, a tourney style bracket, scoring and set up would still work.

    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113080/the-duelists-season-1v1-concept#latest
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • SSJSnoop
    2182 posts Member
    Battlefront Duels is a new event organized by fans starting on June 15th on all platforms.

    1v1s w/o interruption just like we always wanted.

    Please add 1v1 DICE!!!!
  • Colin777
    646 posts Member
    Piscettios wrote: »
    Here was my idea of how a 1v1 mode could work in this game. Did this a while ago, so some things may not be applicable. But the private matches, a tourney style bracket, scoring and set up would still work.

    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113080/the-duelists-season-1v1-concept#latest

    Ya i think ive seen that one before i really like it
  • Colin777 wrote: »
    I’ve said this so many times but HS should be changed into a 1v1 duel mode. Another wasted, dead mode that just sits there. All issues with that mode would be solved if they made this change. But, they won’t.

    Ya that would be a quick and easy fix, but i know some people still like the 2v2 but personally i dont

    Can’t please everybody!
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • Colin777
    646 posts Member
    Colin777 wrote: »
    I’ve said this so many times but HS should be changed into a 1v1 duel mode. Another wasted, dead mode that just sits there. All issues with that mode would be solved if they made this change. But, they won’t.

    Ya that would be a quick and easy fix, but i know some people still like the 2v2 but personally i dont

    Can’t please everybody!

    True, true
Sign In or Register to comment.