criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission

How to save HvV from being a boring TDM

jordi1337
1397 posts Member
There are people that want the Target System to stay and there are people that want a normal TDM.
My idea for a fix would be leave it as they currently plan it to release as they have stated in their latest CT but increase the Kills per Team needed up to 50. But now for the Target System: select one player per team that is worth 3 tickets when being killed. This isnt too much of a gamechanger, would make the TDM aspect more interesting and maybe make a few people happy that wouldve wanted the target system to stay.

Replies

• This actually sounds really interesting, would love to see it implemented :)
  • jordi1337
    1397 posts Member
    This actually sounds really interesting, would love to see it implemented :)

thank you! :)
  • anidriX
    1046 posts Member
    jordi1337 wrote: »
    There are people that want the Target System to stay and there are people that want a normal TDM.
    My idea for a fix would be leave it as they currently plan it to release as they have stated in their latest CT but increase the Kills per Team needed up to 50. But now for the Target System: select one player per team that is worth 3 tickets when being killed. This isnt too much of a gamechanger, would make the TDM aspect more interesting and maybe make a few people happy that wouldve wanted the target system to stay.

I very much prefer this over the newly announced TDM with ONLY 25 KILLS!
    However I much prefer what @OcDoc suggested that every 7 kills it counts as a target kill. A runner/hider/glitcher would leave his team at a disadvantage with most likely resulting in a loss anyway. The way I see it, it's a win-win.
  • Batman20
    1879 posts Member
    Relmets wrote: »
    Batman20 wrote: »
    I find it stupid people are now complaining about HvV having no target when for a year all you have seen is people complain about how awful and terrible the target system is. People need to make there mind up do you like it or not

'the playerbase is one person'
    orcbjzrcqdfi.gif

There has been a few posts and alot of people replying about how dice should keep it and that the target system is fine. I'm not just talking about this one have a look around yourself and you'll see

Well that's because they announced their plans to remove it. Before that nobody thought it was going anywhere so why would they make threads about it staying?

As I said previously before dice announced there plans to change it that's what everyone was asking for. You'd see so many people complain about the target system for like a year and how unbalabced it was. And now that dice are changing it people are back supporting the old HvV again as I said people need to make there minds up
  • jordi1337 wrote: »

I like it. It could be a nice middle ground. It would still have some strategy element while lessening the impact of runners. If someone wants to go hide, you can still take three tickets out of the rest of the opposing team. I’d like to see how this system would play out.

You could even take it further and lessen the value of the target on teams that are down a person. Say if you’re down a teammate, your target is worth 2 tickets to the opposing team.
  • jordi1337
    1397 posts Member

I like it. It could be a nice middle ground. It would still have some strategy element while lessening the impact of runners. If someone wants to go hide, you can still take three tickets out of the rest of the opposing team. I’d like to see how this system would play out.

You could even take it further and lessen the value of the target on teams that are down a person. Say if you’re down a teammate, your target is worth 2 tickets to the opposing team.

thank you! i also like your addition to this idea
  • Phyxsius wrote: »
    I find it stupid people are now complaining about HvV having no target when for a year all you have seen is people complain about how awful and terrible the target system is. People need to make there mind up do you like it or not

Me, personally, while not complaining, did notice that it is lame to turn an objective based mode into a straight up TDM.

It would have been better to exchange the target system for some other objective, whatever that might have been.

No finesse...at all.

They took the easier and safer way.
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

• jordi1337
    1397 posts Member
    Phyxsius wrote: »

Me, personally, while not complaining, did notice that it is lame to turn an objective based mode into a straight up TDM.

It would have been better to exchange the target system for some other objective, whatever that might have been.

No finesse...at all.

sadly :/ same for "fixing" lightsaber combat
  • Phyxsius wrote: »

No finesse...at all.

Yeah... Too bad they didn’t take that approach when they were sitting around dreaming up Capital Supremacy, and the ship phases therein.

Un-Be-Lievable...
  • LucKazama
    165 posts Member

Won't lie i've complained about it but thats only when people do nothing but run away like maul or something.While it being a TDM sounds great i really liked the target system,just not in the case of the target running away the whole time.Some have said just make it so after a certain amount of time passes the targets change which i think would have made it better.
  • LucKazama
    165 posts Member
    Would like to add that im not saying the target should stay and die but at least contribute.Like i run away for whatever reason like im low on health and need to regenerate a bit,or i ran out of stamina,or maybe its a goddamn 3v1 but once i've gotten the desired health or stamina back i always go back into the fray
  • rollind24
    5861 posts Member

orcbjzrcqdfi.gif

There has been a few posts and alot of people replying about how dice should keep it and that the target system is fine. I'm not just talking about this one have a look around yourself and you'll see

Well that's because they announced their plans to remove it. Before that nobody thought it was going anywhere so why would they make threads about it staying?

As I said previously before dice announced there plans to change it that's what everyone was asking for. You'd see so many people complain about the target system for like a year and how unbalabced it was. And now that dice are changing it people are back supporting the old HvV again as I said people need to make there minds up

I’m not a fan of the current HvVs. Since day one, when I do play it, it is more me messing around as I can’t take it seriously but.....

baslv46llsxx.png

I find what they’re doing to be more than a “tweak”.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • jordi1337
    1397 posts Member
    rollind24 wrote: »

orcbjzrcqdfi.gif

I’m not a fan of the current HvVs. Since day one, when I do play it, it is more me messing around as I can’t take it seriously but.....

baslv46llsxx.png

I find what they’re doing to be more than a “tweak”.

yep
  • jordi1337
    1397 posts Member
    LucKazama wrote: »

Won't lie i've complained about it but thats only when people do nothing but run away like maul or something.While it being a TDM sounds great i really liked the target system,just not in the case of the target running away the whole time.Some have said just make it so after a certain amount of time passes the targets change which i think would have made it better.

yes also a better option than turning it into a boring tdm
  • AzorAhai
    1350 posts Member
    edited May 16
    I enjoy the current HvV, but when it comes, we should all give the new one a shot.

I'm looking forward to seeing how strategies change.

I just imagine having a livewire (or 3) on your team will start to be less frequent, and people will have to learn to coordinate in different ways in order to win.