criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

HvV VIP Mode

xmasterful
619 posts Member
edited May 15
I was thinking instead of tossing the target system concept down the garbage chute why not implement a mode where the target system stays but instead of only scoring by killing the enemy target you get 3 or 5 points for your team by killing the enemy target and killing anyone else on the opposing team gets you 1 point. The first team to 75 or 100 points wins. This would be like a money ball concept so it would be the best of both worlds. It gives the people who like the concept of an objective something to strive for while not keeping the overall game score tied to only the target system which promoted runners etc.

So what do you guys think. I think it's a pretty good way of keeping the concept of the target mode or VIP in place as it is in other games and works in a fun way.
cucjqd5p8g4i.gif
Remember the most powerful walk the line between rage and serenity.
Post edited by xmasterful on

Replies

• OcDoc
    1488 posts Member
    edited May 15
    I am cool with that. It is one of a few decent suggestions.

The only thing I don’t like about it it that I feel it loses some of the back and forth tension you feel when there are rounds to win.

I think others will complain because to them it is all about who gets the most kills and they won’t like it that someone may get a kill that counts more than their kills.

But don’t take this as me being against your idea. I am just talking about the things that may be worth more consideration.

Biggest problem of all...

They are going with TDM. 25 kills to win which is a big fat joke to me. So I am afraid this war is already lost.

[Removed insult, There's no need to go insulting with your comments ~Rtas ]
    Post edited by EA_Rtas on
  • Relmets
    2222 posts Member
    Hero free for all
    [+3748 posts]
  • Unwarycoin
    5706 posts Member
    It would most certainly be better than what we are getting for me (25 total kills is nothing).
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • Unwarycoin wrote: »
    It would most certainly be better than what we are getting for me (25 total kills is nothing).

To be honest I'm not sure why the mode wasn't the way I'm suggesting it to be from the start.
    cucjqd5p8g4i.gif
  • Liz4rD
    996 posts Member
    Bcos devs took the easy way out: DOING THE LESS
  • Relmets wrote: »
    Hero free for all

That would be a separate mode. My suggestion here is for the main HvV mode to be reconstructed in the aforementioned manner.
    cucjqd5p8g4i.gif
  • OcDoc wrote: »

The only thing I don’t like about it it that I feel it loses some of the back and forth tension you feel when there are rounds to win.

I think others will complain because to them it is all about who gets the most kills and they won’t like it that someone may get a kill that counts more than their kills.

But don’t take this as me being against your idea. I am just talking about the things that may be worth more consideration.

They are going with TDM. 25 kills to win which is a big fat joke to me. So I am afraid this war is already lost.

Calm down and give TDM a chance. One week of testing. Just give it one week. Deal?
  • OcDoc
    1488 posts Member
    OcDoc wrote: »

Calm down and give TDM a chance. One week of testing. Just give it one week. Deal?

I am calm. I am done arguing for the most part. Just had to get a point across before it became meaningless. I made my point though.

As far as testing... I think it will take about a month to know how things will play out long term. 1 week will include a lot of experimentation.

So don’t worry about me continuing to debate. I may chime in a little here and there but I would anticipate about a month before I really get back into the fray. Hopefully I am wrong but I just don’t see how I will be on this one.

• Phyxsius
    372 posts Member
    Well, in all honesty...the target will still run, parkour, or get onto walls, and that doesn't help anybody. At the worst, you indirectly penalize the other 3 team mates, which are now farmed 4 vs. 3.

I think giving points to kills is mutually exclusive to having a target to kill, because the incentive to actually chase the target is not there anymore.
  • TjPunx
    1529 posts Member
    TDM is going to be a dumpster fire. Just leave the targeting system, and add TDM as another mode
  • Maliainu
    1107 posts Member
    It’s a nice suggestion, but it sounded to me like the target system is not making a return.
  • TjPunx wrote: »
    TDM is going to be a dumpster fire. Just leave the targeting system, and add TDM as another mode

That splits the player base so most will gravitate toward the original but it will have fewer players in each. My suggestion blends the two together into one HvV mode.
    cucjqd5p8g4i.gif
  • rollind24
    5567 posts Member
    I’ve always thought a HvVs Cargo mode would be interesting. It would be fun to see how people use them for attacking/defending their areas
    #infantrylivesmatter