criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Clone Commando Community Transmission
September Community Calendar

Time for Gold Tier Star Cards?

Versatti
2119 posts Member
edited May 15
It’s time to get creative, what would your Gold Tier Star Cards look like?

Here’s a few from me to get the ball rolling.

1. Officer Shield at Gold Tier also heals damage and removes status effects when inside the bubble. (Stinger/Dioxis etc)

2. Flash Pistol at Gold Tier does a 3 burst hip fire like the old Scout Blaster.

Replies

• AzorAhai
    1347 posts Member
    it would give the heroes something to worry about, that's for sure.

• Versatti
    2119 posts Member
    Cool,but would be op. Imagine everyone running burst fire blinding shots and heroes camping in shields.

Burst fire would be on a cool down after use and shield health would remain unchanged so can be popped with ion counter attacks.
    JediJulius wrote: »
    No more power bloat please. No need to further disadvantage new players against veterans.

Purple cards make little difference in the grand scheme of things. The newbies can grind like the rest of us.
    AzorAhai wrote: »

For sure! :lol:

• Neat idea. I say to balance them, they take up 2 card slots though. Otherwise too many people will complain about how OP they’d be
  • KresusFIN
    2725 posts Member
    Golden Stinger Pistol...

Golden Infantry Turret...

Golden Bounty Hunter.

Gold HM cards!?!?

:thinking:
    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima

The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

y6qvidach2x9.png

"I have never died to a Finn"
  • Versatti
    2119 posts Member
    Stinger Pistol "Legendary" (Orange) Star Card: Effect > instant kill heroes when EQUIPPED. :D

I’m sold on that upgrade!
  • grimmace2
    1196 posts Member
    Give every DS hero a starcard that can cancel Retibution or Heroic Might once per match, lol.
  • JediJulius
    583 posts Member
    edited May 15
    Versatti wrote: »
    Cool,but would be op. Imagine everyone running burst fire blinding shots and heroes camping in shields.

Burst fire would be on a cool down after use and shield health would remain unchanged so can be popped with ion counter attacks.
    No more power bloat please. No need to further disadvantage new players against veterans.

Purple cards make little difference in the grand scheme of things. The newbies can grind like the rest of us.

So because it can eventually be unlocked, Star Cards can be as powerful at a whim as the devs want? When does the power bloat stop? When everyone is Anakin?

6 seconds shorter cooldown, 30 extra damage, faster regen, wider radius, these things are not good enough advantages for you?
  • Gold Star cards for Heroes could be for their 4th Ability
  • Versatti
    2119 posts Member

So because it can eventually be unlocked, Star Cards can be as powerful at a whim as the devs want? When does the power bloat stop? When everyone is Anakin?

6 seconds shorter cooldown, 30 extra damage, faster regen, wider radius, these things are not good enough advantages for you?

Yes, they totally should be more powerful as a reward for investing time and energy into unlocking them. That’s how games should be to incentivise playing and also give players goals/content.

Also, I thought I was permanently blocked or can you not resist the urge to engage with me? :lol:
  • Lagodaki
    912 posts Member
    Having legendary cards would definitely make things more interesting, it could be just a slightly upgraded version of purple.
    zzwptdfip6uv.gif

I'm the arbiter of consumer satisfaction
  • unit900000
    3357 posts Member
    It’s time to get creative, what would your Gold Tier Star Cards look like?

looks and sounds like power creep I would rather not.
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000
  • Lagodaki
    912 posts Member
    I think people who have put enough time in this game deserve a little more recognition, it doesn’t have to be golden cards but it’d be nice.
    zzwptdfip6uv.gif

I'm the arbiter of consumer satisfaction
  • Versatti
    2119 posts Member
    Lagodaki wrote: »
    I think people who have put enough time in this game deserve a little more recognition, it doesn’t have to be golden cards but it’d be nice.

My thoughts exactly, plus it gives the devs a reason to revisit some of those useless star cards.