criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission
No Match for a Good Blaster

The New HvV Mode

TMF
159 posts Member
I know that the current mode of HvV has its problems, and it is definitely not for everyone. This I understand. However, I disagree with the change to an outright deathmatch mode rather than something that will require a little more teamwork and allow for competitiveness. Personally, I think they should keep HvV the way it is but keep reading, and for the people who don't like it the way it is now, you make this new version its own separate mode. In my opinion, changing the mode will be a bit of a turn off for me as me and most of my friends like HvV for the competitiveness and teamwork that it requires. Half the people who don't like it the way it is, is because Dice doesn't balance properly, therefore, making it an unenjoyable experience for those who are not with a team or are not at an advanced skill level yet. I guess there's no changing it now, but, anyone have any suggestions or opinions?
-TMFgun3r

Replies

• TMF
    159 posts Member
    MinuteMaid wrote: »
    No system is perfect, and in their attempt to appease the fans we are going to see a whole host of new problems not found in the current HvV format.

I agree, like why open up a whole load of criticism for when people miss the old competitive mode then just make it separate. But that's would probably be too nice to ask for.
    -TMFgun3r
  • hosco33
    268 posts Member
    edited May 16
    Current target system is silly when selecting targets. it will choose players that have lasted more, and are often closer to enemies, rather than players that just died and respawned, and hence, druther from enemies.

Before saber stamina release it wasn't that terrible because you could defend yourself better until your teammates catched up, but now you're instantly killed. That happens no matter your skills nor teamwork, the system is silly on choosing targets.

I also agree people are silly and they don't try to gather their team before confronting rivals when they know they'll be the next target, but that's the least of the times I estimate.

Current target selection neither does care if teammates have left the match and have unbalanced the teams.

They just should think a little bit more to avoid compromising so often teams that are losing.

New mode will fix nothing at all. With new system teams working together will remain slaughtering silly opponents one by one the same way it happens nowadays but kills counter will decrease way faster because now every single kill will count, you won't need to even care if you're killing the same two players the whole match while the other two players are able to defend themselves and run for their lives. How does anyone expect that to be that better from what we have now?
  • llll_wAx_llll
    226 posts Member
    edited May 16
    All this does is stop players from winning games purely by running as the target. It is the most frustrating tactic used by the worst players so they can get a “win”. At least with the change matches won’t drag out for ages when matched against kids who use this cowardly strat

I’d like to see a variety of gamemodes for HvV rather than replace existing modes.
  • TMF
    159 posts Member
    All this does is stop players from winning games purely by running as the target. It is the most frustrating tactic used by the worst players so they can get a “win”. At least with the change matches won’t drag out for ages when matched against kids who use this cowardly strat

I’d like to see a variety of gamemodes for HvV rather than replace existing modes.

And I understand running is a key issue, I never said the current one didn't have its flaws, running included. However, I still don't think they should have changed it rather than making it a separate mode.
    -TMFgun3r
  • What about a mix of the two? If you kept the new kill score system and had a target to take out. By killing the target you would remove 2 score from the enemy teams total points!?

By having both means players will have insentive to play the objective and prevents the old target deadlock situations, running e.t.c
  • Hate the new update, You use to need teamwork to take out targets and now it's a free for all. Every blaster hero except for Boba Fett is useless now. I won't be playing this mode anymore. Change it back!
  • Horrible, just bleeping horrible.
  • It will be even worse. There will be a team of 4 running around and since there is no squad spawn the team of 4 will run around the map attacking the solo players, making the score 17 to 3.

If they kept the original mode you would get more people playing the objective.

You predicted the future. Are you psychic?
  • Unwarycoin
    6021 posts Member
    I’m pro target system.
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • Not a fan of the new update, gameplay has become boring with no insentive to play, no more clutch wins :(
  • Champtastic
    2 posts Member
    edited May 23
    I don’t think we can return as now there are people who like the new mode. To me the key issue as I see it for mode is mainly the radar being constantly present. They should make it so you can only see your teammates or see if conflict is happening in a area or just remove it all together.
  • Either HvV needs to be fixed OR we need a new HvV game mode SEPARATE from the current HvV
  • New mode is great! Had some of the most intensely fun matches since the change. This is how HvV is meant to be played. However, the old mode with the target system should still be an available option. Removing it is just dumb. Why get rid of existing content?
  • hosco33
    268 posts Member
    edited May 25
    Just played it for first time a few minutes ago and got exhausted!, cannot rest for a second...

Some matches are still dispair, they don't get it and attack alone.

Not sure it's a good idea to get rid of the radar, movements looks amazing and helps with strategy. Without it one would miss confrontation. It's not that easy to decide whom to assist and looks great the movement and chase.
  • The infinite radar sucks. Terrible decision. I like the 50 points, but not like this. Now there is no strategy. Absolutely hate it. I mean those are perks of players, like Rey, Finn, and Boba.
  • Let’s face it... you’re going to get ganged up on and killed if you’re in the wrong place at the wrong time no matter what. It’s better to get ganged up on unexpectedly than it is to hear the “beep beep” warning that you’re the next target, and have to play knowing that within a minute or so you’re probably going to be dead. Without the target system you can more easily pick your spots to attack, rather than getting targeted, killed immediately and spawned in the middle of nowhere, only to repeat the cycle every few minutes. For me, the matches I’ve played so far have been so much less rage-inducing and far more fun. I do think 50 kills is too high, though, especially when the teams are reasonably equal.
  • Leave the killcount at 50. Get rid of constant radar make it flash every 7 seconds. And fix the combat physics please. Right now this game is trash.
  • Daijooky
    60 posts Member
    So have they addressed the fact that this all but eliminates the trophy for defeating 50 players while marked as the target? And while they're at it, can they fix the "phantom slash" hits. Nothing more frustrating than being killed by a lightsaber hit that actually never touched you.
    Either way, I can take or leave this deathmatch mode, if I wanted to play a mode like this I'd have gone to one of the many games that already exist. They should have just introduced this as a new option instead of removing the original one.
    "I am one with the Force and the Force is with me. I am one with the Force, and the Force is with me, aaaand now I have a lightsaber!"
  • Old version of H vs V was more better. Without Targets all action was degraded to dull deathmatch. No tactics, no surviving just dumb rush for frags
    Very disappointed.
    Shifted to other missions: starfighters, supremacy, but no Heroes things.
    Sad.
  • Back to 25 points? Dumb. It was perfect at 50.
  • I think itll be 35 by tomorrow. I hope they spend time to fix glitches in the next patch. Too many abilities missing. Too many times block doesn't work. Too many times taking damage from saber swings 10 meters away. Dash not working at times. Roll not working at times. Heck.....even sometimes jump doesn't work. Lol
  • I think itll be 35 by tomorrow.

Wow, you were spot on!
  • They should also rework player point totals. Now that how many time's you die affects the outcome of the game, it should be reflected in your score.
  • Mouthrax
    518 posts Member
    Jedi_Kat wrote: »
    They should also rework player point totals. Now that how many time's you die affects the outcome of the game, it should be reflected in your score.

I completely agree on this as high damage output is the key ATM and not how well you play, so for instance, Bossk is coming way higher in scores than his K/D ratio would suggest.
  • Mcnally98 wrote: »
    What about a mix of the two? If you kept the new kill score system and had a target to take out. By killing the target you would remove 2 score from the enemy teams total points!?

By having both means players will have insentive to play the objective and prevents the old target deadlock situations, running e.t.c

I'm all for having some sort of target system added back to the game. Such a method as suggested by Mcnally98 would at least provide the ability to play the objective and work more as a team like the previous method.
  • Birdstwin
    17 posts Member
    edited June 2
    I only made this account to say I absolutely detest..... D E T E S T....... the new changes to HvV!

My God! WHY??? My favorite mode, that I could play for hours reduced to..... Team Deathmatch?!?!??!?

1) Why can the enemy see me on his radar from halfway across the map? Who actually asked for this? WHO? I have heard no one, no great community uproar, ask for the ability to see enemies exact position when they are 500km across the map! Wow! Sneak attacks and flanking see ya later!!!!

2) Whenever I spawn from dieing, I see three red circles coming for me. I then proceed to get quadrupled teamed. WTF? Dont put all players position on the map at all times... Did the person who made this change even play multiplayer games at all? This makes zero sense. All the enemies , even my team, just runs to the single circle revealed on the map and teams him to get the easy kills, then the next, then the next. LOL!!! Its funny and sad. When you see the entire team run to one circle at a time... This feels cheap.

3) Why Team Deathmatch? Seriously just team deathmatch, running and killing is boring. I want an objective. "Your objective is to kill the enemies down to zero." zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. I fell asleep. I miss the adrenaline and urgency of targets. The score is 2-1, Anaikan is the target, 2 of our guys is on him, he is blocking and evading like a madman, our target is trying his best to defend against 2-3 other guys, I am helping our target, we kill our attackers then rush over to try and kill the target, him team respawns and immediately jumps in the battle putting our target and maybe another teammate on the defense. I miss those battles! That was such a rush, adrenaline, ADRENALINE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I felt it in my bones!!! I was all like rffffffff I'm going to get you ! Anaikan!! Die!

4) I miss the comeback of Target system. The score is 5-10, somehow by a miracle, the team gets tired of dieing over and over and now when they spawn they actually stop for a couple of seconds and look for teammates to stick close to. they realize that running to the enemy over and over isnt fun and actually get their act together and now the score is now 5-1!!!! Wow! Brought a tear to my eye! No longer will I get that feeling from this new mode.

5) This mode is just players running in the center of the map just mashing buttons. Just rush in and kill and die over and over and over.... Team Deathmatch is the most boring of gamemodes. Yawn. I dont see the point in playing safe or flanking or even winning? Just go in and slash away! No strategy, no flanking, just go in the middle and slash sabers... Who cares? Please Put Team Deathmatch Heroes in its own mode. Please!

6) The reason you got rid of Target system in HvV is beacause of runners, yes? One of the main reasons at least. Well that can be fixed. Ok. Every player is assigned a target value of 1, while the main target is given a value of 5 or 4. Increase the Elimination count to win to something like 20-30 or higher if needed. This makes it so players like Boba Fett and Maul cant run forever. I they run, their team will just continue getting slaughtered until the enemy wins, cause every player is assigned a value of 1. Really though, I never had a problem with these runners. I just take Chewie and continue blasting Boba out of the sky! HA! But Maul is difficult, thats when good team and Rey and Obi Wan comes in.

7) The other big reason you got rid of Targeting system is because of glitches, yes? you know, hiding inside the helmet rack as yoda in deathstar2 hangar. hiding in the pipes in kessel as yoda. hiding inside the wall as bossk on jakku. well why not just fix the glitches when they are brought up?? you need some help locating them? giving everyone a value of 1 for target elmination as I said above would fix those glitchers. those losers wont be able to win if you did that!!

really the fun is gone. guess ill go back to galactic assault. if less people play this changed mode then maybe it will be changed back...maybe? please?
    Post edited by Birdstwin on
  • JediJam
    403 posts Member
    Birdstwin wrote: »
    I only made this account to say I absolutely detest..... D E T E S T....... the new changes to HvV!

My God! WHY??? My favorite mode, that I could play for hours reduced to..... Team Deathmatch?!?!??!?

1) Why can the enemy see me on his radar from halfway across the map? Who actually asked for this? WHO? I have heard no one, no great community uproar, ask for the ability to see enemies exact position when they are 500km across the map! Wow! Sneak attacks and flanking see ya later!!!!

2) Whenever I spawn from dieing, I see three red circles coming for me. I then proceed to get quadrupled teamed. WTF? Dont put all players position on the map at all times... Did the person who made this change even play multiplayer games at all? This makes zero sense. All the enemies , even my team, just runs to the single circle revealed on the map and teams him to get the easy kills, then the next, then the next. LOL!!! Its funny and sad. When you see the entire team run to one circle at a time... This feels cheap.

3) Why Team Deathmatch? Seriously just team deathmatch, running and killing is boring. I want an objective. "Your objective is to kill the enemies down to zero." zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. I fell asleep. I miss the adrenaline and urgency of targets. The score is 2-1, Anaikan is the target, 2 of our guys is on him, he is blocking and evading like a madman, our target is trying his best to defend against 2-3 other guys, I am helping our target, we kill our attackers then rush over to try and kill the target, him team respawns and immediately jumps in the battle putting our target and maybe another teammate on the defense. I miss those battles! That was such a rush, adrenaline, ADRENALINE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I felt it in my bones!!! I was all like rffffffff I'm going to get you ! Anaikan!! Die!

4) I miss the comeback of Target system. The score is 5-10, somehow by a miracle, the team gets tired of dieing over and over and now when they spawn they actually stop for a couple of seconds and look for teammates to stick close to. they realize that running to the enemy over and over isnt fun and actually get their act together and now the score is now 5-1!!!! Wow! Brought a tear to my eye! No longer will I get that feeling from this new mode.

5) This mode is just players running in the center of the map just mashing buttons. Just rush in and kill and die over and over and over.... Team Deathmatch is the most boring of gamemodes. Yawn. I dont see the point in playing safe or flanking or even winning? Just go in and slash away! No strategy, no flanking, just go in the middle and slash sabers... Who cares? Please Put Team Deathmatch Heroes in its own mode. Please!

6) The reason you got rid of Target system in HvV is beacause of runners, yes? One of the main reasons at least. Well that can be fixed. Ok. Every player is assigned a target value of 1, while the main target is given a value of 5 or 4. Increase the Elimination count to win to something like 20-30 or higher if needed. This makes it so players like Boba Fett and Maul cant run forever. I they run, their team will just continue getting slaughtered until the enemy wins, cause every player is assigned a value of 1. Really though, I never had a problem with these runners. I just take Chewie and continue blasting Boba out of the sky! HA! But Maul is difficult, thats when good team and Rey and Obi Wan comes in.

7) The other big reason you got rid of Targeting system is because of glitches, yes? you know, hiding inside the helmet rack as yoda in deathstar2 hangar. hiding in the pipes in kessel as yoda. hiding inside the wall as bossk on jakku. well why not just fix the glitches when they are brought up?? you need some help locating them? giving everyone a value of 1 for target elmination as I said above would fix those glitchers. those losers wont be able to win if you did that!!

really the fun is gone. guess ill go back to galactic assault. if less people play this changed mode then maybe it will be changed back...maybe? please?

Yep. I agree. I used to play hvv for hours each day. Now I don't play it all. The new mode, aside from all its issues such as 4v1ing and camping ect., is just boring. They really should have both variations available as separate modes.
  • TMF
    159 posts Member
    Birdstwin wrote: »

If you see this man, this, T H I S, is why I love this community. Like it's sad to say that this metaphorically brought a tear into my eye as finally, someone has common sense or the guts to say anything about it but yes. It's sometimes stupid hard to find people nowadays that actually have common sense like this man and I agree with pretty much everything.
    -TMFgun3r