criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission
No Match for a Good Blaster

Hero level up

Who else stops using a hero after you leveled them up all the way to focus on leveling up the other heroes?

Replies

• Empire_TW
    6500 posts Member
    I don't, I use whoever I want despite what level they are.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    First Max Prestige Iden Versio
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • Liz4rD
    1059 posts Member
    I leveled all more or less at the same time, using the ones I considered fitted the map or the circumstances. But I stopped playing Boba because he was boring, until a few days that I started to play him as a blaster hero like Han or the rest, on foot, just using the jetpack to scape tricky situations. I get a lot more kills using his blaster and rockets at ground level.

I didnt played Dooku until now, same as Ani, but I didnt play Ani because he was boring, and he got an extremely agressive saber tracking that make him feel unreal when playing. I dont like him very much for that reason. But Im playing him now, well because hes not maxed and I want all my heores maxed (got them all maxed out except Ani, Dooku and Boba).
  • OcDoc
    1858 posts Member
    I used to do that. But they are all leveled up now.

Honestly, I miss those days. I liked the challenge of playing with heroes I didn’t feel fully comfortable with.

I learned something from it though. Truth is they are all good in their own way. If you focus on one character for a period of time you can dominate with pretty much anyone. I left Finn for my last one and he was the hardest but even he is really good if you play him right.

Now I pick Finn just to see if I can pull off the #1 spot and sort of rub it in a little. Not as much pride doing it with characters like Anakin, Kylo, Vader and even Solo.

Solo is a beast in HvV btw. Like I said, they are all pretty good if you can play.
  • BucksawBoushh
    5249 posts Member
    edited May 16
    I max out the most recent released hero and then stop playing until new content is announced. Still waiting for that new content.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • SSJSnoop
    2114 posts Member
    Absolutely my friend, that's how I play as well. I'm not satisfied until I get to try out every character maxed out.

I now have 9 maxed, and 10th is close. 10 left of varying levels.

Also, very true that stepping outside your comfort zone and trying to dominate with every character makes you better for it.
  • grimmace2
    1198 posts Member
    Same here, play a hero until they're maxed, move on to the next one. Only four left to go, Leia, Yoda, Dooku, Boba. Don't get to play that much and spent the majority of the time in SA at launch, so it's been a bit of a grind. Definitely not looking forward to finishing Yoda and Boba. I'll be happy with the experience gained playing them though, as I know they can wreck when in the right hands. I need to learn how to be the right hands :)
  • kevlegs1971
    1345 posts Member
    Have all maxed out but when leveling, I'd move from one to the next. I mix and match them now depending on maps
    My youtube channel Star Wars Battlefront, Battlefield 4 etc gameplay https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCF4zDYJfLp_rvcKzALVEXHA?view_as=subscriber

giphy.gif
  • Chico
    415 posts Member
    grimmace2 wrote: »
    Same here, play a hero until they're maxed, move on to the next one. Only four left to go, Leia, Yoda, Dooku, Boba. Don't get to play that much and spent the majority of the time in SA at launch, so it's been a bit of a grind. Definitely not looking forward to finishing Yoda and Boba. I'll be happy with the experience gained playing them though, as I know they can wreck when in the right hands. I need to learn how to be the right hands :)

You won't have too much trouble when Yoda gets his dash through block back. He is already really hard to hit with his tiny hitbox and ability to move quicker than most of the DS. I predict he will be topping leaderboards regularly after the next update. And Boba should be in a pretty good place too.
  • anidriX
    1041 posts Member
    I have all 20 heroes maxed so I play all of them. I don't have a main hero, I pick based on my teammates' pick (I always pick last) and the map I'm playing. I also pick based on what I feel like playing but never pick the same between matches. Back when I first started, yes I picked a hero per side and stuck to using them until I reached level 25. After that I did the same as I do now until I got them all to level 40.
  • Just started to max characters out, have a few already on both sides
  • SSJSnoop
    2114 posts Member
    anidriX wrote: »
    I have all 20 heroes maxed so I play all of them. I don't have a main hero, I pick based on my teammates' pick (I always pick last) and the map I'm playing. I also pick based on what I feel like playing but never pick the same between matches. Back when I first started, yes I picked a hero per side and stuck to using them until I reached level 25. After that I did the same as I do now until I got them all to level 40.

Wow, you have all 20 maxed out already. How long did it take you?
  • anidriX
    1041 posts Member
    SSJSnoop wrote: »
    anidriX wrote: »

Wow, you have all 20 maxed out already. How long did it take you?

It's not a big deal really. The game has been out for 18 months. A lot of people have them all maxed. But to answer your question, I started playing near the end of August 2018. By the time Obi-Wan arrived (end of November 2018), I already had the other 17 heroes maxed plus I had been playing a lot of GA by that time. I maxed Obi-Wan the weekend of release which was 2X XP. Both Dooku and Anakin took me a couple of days, maybe a week each so I'd say roughly 3 months overall. I levelled all heroes (two at a time) to lvl 25 and then I maxed them randomly. Mostly all HvV with some bits of GA.