criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission
No Match for a Good Blaster

Saber Strikes going through block

LucKazama
162 posts Member
Have any of you guys witnessed this? I want to say this happens alot simply because sometimes im blocking then all of a sudden im getting staggered and taking damage or simply just taking damage.Now i thought maybe im just screwing up and letting it go or something,but played a match last night as dooku and orphan ani comes to fight me so i put my block up he runs up to me and starts spamming R2 his first swing literally throws me into stagger then i get completely destroyed.Saved the clip and went back to look over it thinking that maybe he did passionate strike.He didn't.

Replies

• LucKazama
    162 posts Member
    Also like to add that this is the only time that i can forsure say it happened because it was just me and him and he literally just ran up and started wailing away.
  • KresusFIN
    2725 posts Member
    IT happens frequently. Unreliable as hell. For whatever reason.
    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima

The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

y6qvidach2x9.png

"I have never died to a Finn"
  • From what I’ve noticed, block legit only works on things directly in front of you, not where you’re looking, but infront of whatever direction the character is facing. So if they hit you at even the slightest angle, block fails.

It’s aggravating but, then again, as cool as watching them block behind the back would be, it’d be a bit OP at that point.

I wish they’d bring saber clashes into it personally, but those were super tedious in older games that had them, so probably better left out.

The stamina mechanic is really annoying tho. I get it’s for “balancing” but, fighting 3v1 you kinda need to be able to block and swing reliably. Especially if it’s 3v1 saber users and one of the enemies is Anakin...
  • LucKazama
    162 posts Member
    From what I’ve noticed, block legit only works on things directly in front of you, not where you’re looking, but infront of whatever direction the character is facing. So if they hit you at even the slightest angle, block fails.

It’s aggravating but, then again, as cool as watching them block behind the back would be, it’d be a bit OP at that point.

I wish they’d bring saber clashes into it personally, but those were super tedious in older games that had them, so probably better left out.

The stamina mechanic is really annoying tho. I get it’s for “balancing” but, fighting 3v1 you kinda need to be able to block and swing reliably. Especially if it’s 3v1 saber users and one of the enemies is Anakin...

I can't stress it enough how extra fustrating it is with the stamina changes,like its not really all that bad but like you said in 3v1 situations (which i find myself in most of the time) you need to swing and block reliably and since i main vader those 3v1 situations are always a HUGE hassle thats the main reason why i was sad when they took away his unlimited stamina while in focused rage,i understood but still sad
  • Kamykatz
    204 posts Member
    edited May 16
    Happens so often. One saber holds off three other saber mashers for eternity, while when I block with a saber, I'm getting injured in no time. Being chocked and thrown despite having the block up (and stamina full) happens frequently, too. On the other hand, enemies seem to be immune to my force powers, sometimes even from behind and especially when not blocking (visually). It's not possible to play strategically, because you can never know if your own block works (or if the enemy seemingly has "infinite" block) or whether your force powers will work on anything.

I've noticed that lag has gotten much worse recently, so I assume that's one reason for these problems. Then there are all the glitches/bugs that have never got fixed. So, all in all, HvV, despite much experience and strategy, always remains a big game of luck, i.e. for who the powers/blocks work at what given moment and for who they don't.