criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Clone Commando Community Transmission
September Community Calendar

Are you going to do something about Anakin?

I'm sick and tired of him ruining GA. Endless Anakin spam is making this game unbearable. Not only he is overpowered (heroic might and retribution are both ridiculous) but the lack of timer on heroes is making it 10 times worse. The week when he was 8000-12000 was by far the best week since Febraury.

(And why the hell is he 4000 bp on OT maps? You guys said it was a bug)

If for some reason you don't want to nerf him, just put timer on heroes (like it was before) and make him more expensive. The playerbase is as big as it was at start, it would be unwise to ruin it because of one overpowered character.

Replies

• Replace Heroic Might with saber throw
    Remove retribution
    Reduce base health by 50/100
    Balanced
  • I don’t think the devs are gonna fix him sadly.
  • Billkwando
    1920 posts Member
    edited May 16
    I don’t think the devs are gonna fix him sadly.

Which is exactly why I oppose replacing HvV with a new untested mode (rather than TDM being a separate mode), because when the devs make a mistake, they just double down and apply a bunch of ineffectual fixes, and in the case of EOR:MM, proceed to bury the thread and sweep the whole thing under the rug.
    ZI7BNkU.gif
    ^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
    (Sorta like an insane Japanese SOAD, but w/ 3 vocalists and slap bass)

Gamertag: Billkwando PSN: Billkwando YouTube: Billkwando
    Find me in HvV, pushing people off of stuff and watching them fall, like a cat.
  • Anakin sells. That’s why he’s so cheap. People want to run around like a super saiyin. A lot of people/kids probably got this game just for him
  • Wolfman91
    512 posts Member
    Anakin sells. That’s why he’s so cheap. People want to run around like a super saiyin. A lot of people/kids probably got this game just for him

You might be right. That's probably why Anakin players/defebders tend to behave like children. I'm afraid most of them are just fanboys who don't care about balance. However, while he might bring new players, a lot of old players will quit playing (or already did) if he stays as he is. They must do something causes those numbers will be on the decline soon.
  • They're nerfing him again relax
  • They play tested him and he’s fine. Just trust the developers FFS. They’ve earned it.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • Just make him 2k more duo to retribution call it balanced Lol.
  • Drycurve
    11 posts Member
    Man it's not a hard fix either. Just take away his damage reduction on Heroic might. Right now ***** players run in and out of rooms spamming heroic might waiting for it to recharge. He doesn't even need a lightsaber. This way if these trash players run into a room and try spamming it, they get melted. It should be something that should require skill to use and only at certain times. For the sheer amount of damage it does, there should be a risk factor involving using it. right now there is literally now risk to using it.
  • Wolfman91 wrote: »
    Anakin sells. That’s why he’s so cheap. People want to run around like a super saiyin. A lot of people/kids probably got this game just for him

You might be right. That's probably why Anakin players/defebders tend to behave like children. I'm afraid most of them are just fanboys who don't care about balance. However, while he might bring new players, a lot of old players will quit playing (or already did) if he stays as he is. They must do something causes those numbers will be on the decline soon.

It’s also a bit of the devs being fan boys too. All it takes is one day of GA to realize, “hey maybe he shouldn’t be like this”. They aren’t innocent in this
  • Drycurve wrote: »
    Man it's not a hard fix either. Just take away his damage reduction on Heroic might. Right now **** players run in and out of rooms spamming heroic might waiting for it to recharge. He doesn't even need a lightsaber. This way if these trash players run into a room and try spamming it, they get melted. It should be something that should require skill to use and only at certain times. For the sheer amount of damage it does, there should be a risk factor involving using it. right now there is literally now risk to using it.

That is terrible. He needs to take damage in order to do the move smh.
    Man it's not a hard fix either. Just take away his damage reduction on Heroic might. Right now **** players run in and out of rooms spamming heroic might waiting for it to recharge. He doesn't even need a lightsaber. This way if these trash players run into a room and try spamming it, they get melted. It should be something that should require skill to use and only at certain times. For the sheer amount of damage it does, there should be a risk factor involving using it. right now there is literally now risk to using it.

Not to 0. But 90% is too much. something like 50%-60% reduction is manageable.
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

• Replace Heroic Might with saber throw
    Remove retribution
    Reduce base health by 50/100
    Balanced

This is EXACTLY what ive been asking them to do .
    Saber throw is so much more fun and reqires you tp aim and can also be awsome when timed right with a jump on a moving target. Much better than that OP repulse garbage that is "Heroic might".

Not to 0. But 90% is too much. something like 50%-60% reduction is manageable.

That's fine but this dude said take the whole thing away lol. Would also help if he could be stunned out of heroic might.
  • Wolfman91
    512 posts Member
    Heroic might should deal 200 dmg max so he can still kill regular troopers and heavies, but not clean entire rooms. Maybe decrease it's range a little bit too and then let's see what will happen. Retribution should be removed however I doubt they have guts to do that (hope i'm wrong) so at least they should nerf it heavily. 200-250 dmg cap to troopers and 100 to heroes since it's both long lasting stun and deals huge amount of damage. Then we shall see if it's enough or not.

Imo giving heroic might less damage reduction would make ppl shoot him even more often thus he would be dominating choke points even more than now.
  • NomiSunstrider
    2848 posts Member
    edited May 16
    Wolfman91 wrote: »

Imo giving heroic might less damage reduction would make ppl shoot him even more often thus he would be dominating choke points even more than now.

But also risk dying. Right now its no risk at all to use it. Thats why you see Anakins just hopping in the middle and poping HM cuz they know they wont get hurt.

And its not like ppl dont shoot him now. That will never change.
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif