criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission
No Match for a Good Blaster

Certain Blaster Heroes that need buffs for HvV

I think some of the Blaster heroes need some buffs cause they will basically just be ganked on in this new TDM mode super easily, unless on a good team. Even with the target system, most players will just get the easy kill on the blaster hero than actually go for the target.

Leia, Lando and Finn could definitely do with a buff or a rework imo. I enjoy using Finn but he is a bit of a joke at this point. Leia's shield is pointless at the moment and is more of a hindrance than a help. Maybe have it provide a small health boost or improve ability recharge slightly. Lando has just been lacking since the stun nerf.

I think the other Blasters are alright tbh. Depends on what anyone else thinks needs a buff.

Replies

• I think some of the Blaster heroes need some buffs cause they will basically just be ganked on in this new TDM mode super easily, unless on a good team. Even with the target system, most players will just get the easy kill on the blaster hero than actually go for the target.

Leia, Lando and Finn could definitely do with a buff or a rework imo. I enjoy using Finn but he is a bit of a joke at this point. Leia's shield is pointless at the moment and is more of a hindrance than a help. Maybe have it provide a small health boost or improve ability recharge slightly. Lando has just been lacking since the stun nerf.

I think the other Blasters are alright tbh. Depends on what anyone else thinks needs a buff.

This and fett.
  • Bossk's rifle could get a little faster fire rate increased like in Battlefront 2015.
  • lando can take saber heroes out very effectivly, used to be worse, so much so people complained and the whole stun system got nerfed in order to address that lando could literally take vader down in seconds he still almost can, lando doesn't need buffing.

Finn yeah hes too slow

and leia again she seems in a good place to me, just have to know how to use her
  • lando can take saber heroes out very effectivly, used to be worse, so much so people complained and the whole stun system got nerfed in order to address that lando could literally take vader down in seconds he still almost can, lando doesn't need buffing.

Finn yeah hes too slow

and leia again she seems in a good place to me, just have to know how to use her

Leia is pretty good, I do use her. I just think her shield is pointless at the moment in HvV.
  • [/quote]Leia is pretty good, I do use her. I just think her shield is pointless at the moment in HvV.[/quote]

Her squad shield can be utilized against boba fett rocket barage, phasmas droid can be counted with, idens secondary fire, bossks grenade launcher and palps lightning, saber throws cant go through it and some other force abilities can't go through it.

Yes all blaster users get ripped apart if they are alone in a 4v1 situation, however if you have a friend or two who can defend you and you are good at rolling and firing and utilising your abilities to best fit the situation your currently in than leia can do alright iv seen her top the scoreboard a good amount of times in HvV
  • Ppong_Man12
    2625 posts Member
    edited May 16
    Post edited by Ppong_Man12 on

Finn yeah hes too slow

Leia is pretty good, I do use her. I just think her shield is pointless at the moment in HvV.

Some of the heroes abilities are designed for GA in particular. Leia’s Shield is one of them.
  • Leia is pretty good, I do use her. I just think her shield is pointless at the moment in HvV.[/quote]

Her squad shield can be utilized against boba fett rocket barage, phasmas droid can be counted with, idens secondary fire, bossks grenade launcher and palps lightning, saber throws cant go through it and some other force abilities can't go through it.

Yes all blaster users get ripped apart if they are alone in a 4v1 situation, however if you have a friend or two who can defend you and you are good at rolling and firing and utilising your abilities to best fit the situation your currently in than leia can do alright iv seen her top the scoreboard a good amount of times in HvV[/quote]

Cheers for the tips with Leia, I basically just avoid using her shield normally :) Hope Finn gets a buff at least, still find it funny if I get top of the leaderboard with him.
  • anidriX
    1041 posts Member
    lando can take saber heroes out very effectivly, used to be worse, so much so people complained and the whole stun system got nerfed in order to address that lando could literally take vader down in seconds he still almost can, lando doesn't need buffing.

Finn yeah hes too slow

That's fine, heroes don't need all 3 of their abilities to be useful across all modes.
    Leia's shield is pretty useful for taking objectives or holding a hot spot. Her flashbang on the other hand is pretty useless, blinding effect is too short. Replacing her flashbang with the Officer's Pre nerf one is the only buff she needs.

Finn should have his mobility reduction removed while in Big Deal. That plus his impending blaster damage buff is all he needs.

I haven't used Lando and Chewie in a while but the last time I played them Chewie was fine but Lando felt kinda weak after his Disabler nerf. Something I'd do is have his smoke work sorta like Palps Aura, it should slow enemies and maybe drain HP a little. I'd also make it a bit bigger so he can capitalize more on his Nightscope.

Phasma needs her Staff Strike to work exactly like BX droid's Vibrosword, it needs to lunge farther and swing faster. That plus her impending blaster buff.

Iden is fine.

Han is fine.

Bossk is fine, maybe buff Relby's fire rate a little.

Boba has a lot of impending changes.

• OcDoc
    1858 posts Member
    Lando is great. No change needed.

Leia has a great primary weapon and ok grenade. The rest is blah. So slight rework would be warranted.

Finn is too slow and his undercover gun needs a little buff. Finn can be really good in the right hands but boy do those hands have to do some work. We already know he is getting a primary weapon buff along with Phasma.

I still think Phasma could get a little better with the staff strikes but she is going to be really good with the primary weapon buff so let’s not go there just yet.
  • OcDoc wrote: »
    Finn is too slow and his undercover gun needs a little buff. Finn can be really good in the right hands but boy do those hands have to do some work. We already know he is getting a primary weapon buff along with Phasma.

That's good to hear :)
  • ZiggyXT
    82 posts Member
    My only problem with Leia is her skills are underwhelming. I really like both her guns and her secondary fire can be sometimes useful in HvV. If I remember right she has one of the better rolls for the blaster heroes also.
  • CorpseMaker77
    559 posts Member
    edited May 16
    lando can take saber heroes out very effectivly, used to be worse, so much so people complained and the whole stun system got nerfed in order to address that lando could literally take vader down in seconds he still almost can, lando doesn't need buffing.

Finn yeah hes too slow

Leia's shield is not pointless if you face a team using Boba and Phasma.

Her shield can simply protect your entire team if you activate over Phasma's sentry. I've seen some Phasma campers rage quite because of that. lol
  • unit900000
    3369 posts Member
    Leia needs the old officers flash grenade I dont know why this hasn't happend yet.
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000
  • ZiggyXT
    82 posts Member

Finn yeah hes too slow

Leia's shield is not pointless if you face a team using Boba and Phasma.

Her shield can simply protect your entire team if you activate over Phasma's sentry. I've seen some Phasma campers rage quite because of that. lol

This is true and a lot of fun. My only really bad game score wise during the triple xp weekend was me just trolling a Phasma by dropping a shield over her droid every time she dropped one lol.
  • Admiral_Xen
    2757 posts Member
    Leia is perfectly functional as is despite some questionable design decisions (why is her hero tier flashbang worse than the Officer and much worse than the Death Trooper ones?). Buff that thing and she's top tier. Honestly the shield is fine except she should be able to detonate it at any time by holding the button, so saber villains/palp can't take it over for themselves. In GA or vs blaster villains (especially Boba and Phasma) it's a great tool as is and I don't think it needs a further buff.

Finn needs a buff to both his weapons that coincides with a nerf to Big Deal. I get that he's a support hero but he should be more dynamic to play than simply stay near your team and press two buttons every 9 seconds to auto-win, or get isolated and auto-lose.

Lando just needs his disabler to actually work consistently and he'll be top tier again. That goes for every blaster hero stun.
    61tgj36mc1n9.png

• KresusFIN
    2725 posts Member
    Like, all of them.

A good first step would be to give them back the at-launch combat roll.

And not lie about the "you can no longer get chain-staggered by sabers" too.
    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima

The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

y6qvidach2x9.png

"I have never died to a Finn"