criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Clone Commando Community Transmission
September Community Calendar

Infantry is tiered units and are fairly OP. Delete whenever

Prev13
BigManRadish90210
659 posts Member
edited May 17
You quite literally level them up to make them from bad to super easy mode OP. No card default gun officer vs Se44c cooling rapid fire officer with double disruptions? They are easier to play than reinforcements, gain more bp harder to shoot,super OP abilities and guns and are free. Reinforcements are so far from even being remotely powerful its pitiful. Just because you play just infantry doesn't mean you're superior, imo the broad opposite. Vehicles are also pretty op and shouldn't rule the game(not saying they do rn btw) but I agree some vehicles need buffs. But I think a trooper only thing is ridiculous, they are quite literally like 6 other "battlefront" games for you guys and cod etc. All I ask is please be more considerate and respectful for hero players too.
Post edited by BigManRadish90210 on

Replies

• No...
  • No...

Yes...prove me wrong. Cards are locked behind tiers aka levels and cards can be upgraded to different tiers. Their even use to be a tier indicator from common to epic beside standard infantry in the spawn screen. #Only OGS remember.
  • You quite literally level them up to make them from bad to super easy mode OP. No card default gun officer vs Se44c cooling rapid fire officer with double disruptions? They are easier to play than reinforcements, gain more bp harder to shoot,super OP abilities and guns and are free. Reinforcements are so far from even being remotely powerful its pitiful. Just because you play just infantry doesn't mean you're superior, imo the broad opposite. Vehicles are also pretty op and shouldn't rule the game(not saying they do rn btw) but I agree some vehicles need buffs. But I think a trooper only thing is ridiculous, they are quite literally like 6 other "battlefront" games for you guys and cod etc. All I ask is please be more considerate and respectful for hero players too.

Is this a nerf the Officer thread?
    Or is it a remove the progression system because I just bought the game and want to be as good as a player who has been playing for a year thread?

You'd be a good troll if you knew what you were talking about.
  • You quite literally level them up to make them from bad to super easy mode OP. No card default gun officer vs Se44c cooling rapid fire officer with double disruptions? They are easier to play than reinforcements, gain more bp harder to shoot,super OP abilities and guns and are free. Reinforcements are so far from even being remotely powerful its pitiful. Just because you play just infantry doesn't mean you're superior, imo the broad opposite. Vehicles are also pretty op and shouldn't rule the game(not saying they do rn btw) but I agree some vehicles need buffs. But I think a trooper only thing is ridiculous, they are quite literally like 6 other "battlefront" games for you guys and cod etc. All I ask is please be more considerate and respectful for hero players too.

Or is it a remove the progression system because I just bought the game and want to be as good as a player who has been playing for a year thread?

Since you are obviously new to the forums, I will take your calling me a troll as an uninformed decision.
    The reason I asked those questions was because I have no idea what you are complaining about. Your post jumps in multiple directions. First, I thought it was a “nerf the Officer” post; second, I thought it was a “the progression system is unfair to new players” post; then, I thought it was a “buff trooper reinforcements” post; next, I thought it was an “I don’t want a trooper-only game mode to be added” post; finally, I thought it was a “please respect hero players desires” post.
    Can you please explain which direction you are going in?
    Add more Extraction and SA maps please!

What the ROADMAP should look like for 2019/2020:
    “Season” 4: Clone Wars Revival
    “Season” 5: Episode IX
    “Season” 6: Rogue One

Since you are obviously new to the forums, I will take your calling me a troll as an uninformed decision.
    The reason I asked those questions was because I have no idea what you are complaining about. Your post jumps in multiple directions. First, I thought it was a “nerf the Officer” post; second, I thought it was a “the progression system is unfair to new players” post; then, I thought it was a “buff trooper reinforcements” post; next, I thought it was an “I don’t want a trooper-only game mode to be added” post; finally, I thought it was a “please respect hero players desires” post.

Read the title. Lol

Read the title. Lol

So are you saying that some classes of infantry are better than others with fully upgraded star cards and weapons? Or are you saying that trooper reinforcements need a buff because they can get easily killed by basic infantry? Or are you saying that the progression system allows some players’ same infantry units to be OP compared to your basic low-level infantry unit?

Read the title. Lol

So are you saying that some classes of infantry are better than others with fully upgraded star cards and weapons? Or are you saying that trooper reinforcements need a buff because they can get easily killed by basic infantry? Or are you saying that the progression system allows some players’ same infantry units to be OP compared to your basic low-level infantry unit?

I'm saying it's in the title.

Read the title. Lol

Please explain. Infantry are free, and are thus, by definition, not tiered units.
    Are you saying that fully upgraded infantry are in a higher-tier than non-upgraded infantry? Or are you saying that some infantry classes are much better than others concerning BP gain, like Officer?

By that logic arc troopers aren't tiered units since arc trooper were free on kamino strike. Infantry are not free they require skill points and credits to upgrade.How is free not a tier? Made up unofficial definitions with poor words choices it seems as infantry are in fact tiered units.
  • Relmets
    2222 posts Member

By that logic arc troopers aren't tiered units since arc trooper were free on kamino strike. Infantry are not free they require skill points and credits to upgrade.How is free not a tier? Made up unofficial definitions with poor words choices it seems as infantry are in fact tiered units.

yeah they are tiered units, they're the lowest tier LMAO. What point are you trying to make?
    [+3748 posts]

Read the title. Lol

Please explain. Infantry are free, and are thus, by definition, not tiered units.
    Are you saying that fully upgraded infantry are in a higher-tier than non-upgraded infantry? Or are you saying that some infantry classes are much better than others concerning BP gain, like Officer?

As I can recall, Infiltrators are not free units in Blast, Strike, GA, and CS. And free is a tier, it is the lowest tier. As for free, they are free to play as (in terms of BP cost) but not free to upgrade. Other units are not free to play as (in terms of BP cost) and are also not free to upgrade.

So what’s your point? I am so confused that I am starting to believe this is another “I don’t like the progression system because I just bought the game and my unlevelled up troops are trash compared to fully levelled ones” post.

• What's your PSN, @BigManRadish90210?
    My name is Bob

• Relmets wrote: »

yeah they are tiered units, they're the lowest tier LMAO. What point are you trying to make?

That they're not the lowest tier unless you're like top 1% skill wise.

Read the title. Lol

As I can recall, Infiltrators are not free units in Blast, Strike, GA, and CS. And free is a tier, it is the lowest tier. As for free, they are free to play as (in terms of BP cost) but not free to upgrade. Other units are not free to play as (in terms of BP cost) and are also not free to upgrade.

So what’s your point? I am so confused that I am starting to believe this is another “I don’t like the progression system because I just bought the game and my unlevelled up troops are trash compared to fully levelled ones” post.

That's crazy...
  • Spill the beans on your PSN. Inquiring minds want to know who you are after you spent the last couple hours bragging about how super amazing you are at the game
    My name is Bob

• Spill the beans on your PSN. Inquiring minds want to know who you are after you spent the last couple hours bragging about how super amazing you are at the game

Play with me or don't bro lol, I'm not spilling anything . Everyone good knows me already.

Actually, the person who asked me happens to be one of the best Battlefront players on PS4.
    My name is Bob

Play with me or don't bro lol, I'm not spilling anything . Everyone good knows me already.

Actually, the person who asked me happens to be one of the best Battlefront players on PS4.

Sure, who's that again? Doubting it very highly seeing no one good goes on the forums.
  • Relmets
    2222 posts Member
    @BigManRadish90210

Alright let's make this simple since you struggle to understand things

16 equally skilled players, split them into two teams. Team 1 uses only reinforcements, team 2 uses only the base 4 classes

Who do you think will win?
    [+3748 posts]

Sure, who's that again? Doubting it very highly seeing no one good goes on the forums.

That's simply not true. Back during BF15, the top two Xbox players posted on these forums occasionally. Depending on your opinion, the third best player also did. Several of the top 10 PS4 players posted here as well. Beerus even might've at one point.

Since you refuse to give your PSN, I'm going to assume that you aren't nearly as good as you project.
    My name is Bob

That's simply not true. Back during BF15, the top two Xbox players posted on these forums occasionally. Depending on your opinion, the third best player also did. Several of the top 10 PS4 players posted here as well. Beerus even might've at one point.

Since you refuse to give your PSN, I'm going to assume that you aren't nearly as good as you project.

If beerus is good to you or anyone on xbox I don't care what you think at all, ever. Never will now, Lmfao.

If beerus is good to you or anyone on xbox I don't care what you think at all, ever. Never will now, Lmfao.

You're clearly a troll at this point. It's no surprise you're not giving up your gamertag now that you're insulting someone who was way better than you'll ever be.
    My name is Bob

You're clearly a troll at this point. It's no surprise you're not giving up your gamertag now that you're insulting someone who was way better than you'll ever be.

You're borderline delusional, you don't even know me LOL. Beerus was 4/10 at best.
  • Someone who many people viewed as the top BF15 console player was a member of these forums. I can't take you seriously when you sit here and trash other players under the protection of being anonymous

Congratulations, many players opinions are wrong. Also bf1 referring again lol.

Read the title. Lol

That's crazy...

How?

Have you even heard of master @Raylol ?

• unit900000
    3348 posts Member
    edited May 16
    Spill the beans on your PSN. Inquiring minds want to know who you are after you spent the last couple hours bragging about how super amazing you are at the game

Lol I can be the judge of that if you dont want to say his name in public just PM me and I can tell you if hes actually good or not.
    Spill the beans on your PSN. Inquiring minds want to know who you are after you spent the last couple hours bragging about how super amazing you are at the game

hes actually pretty good.
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000

I believe so, don't quote me but I believe he was stomped.
  • Someone who many people viewed as the top BF15 console player was a member of these forums. I can't take you seriously when you sit here and trash other players under the protection of being anonymous

These same guys were elite on BF17
    My name is Bob

Who cares? Easy game.

You're borderline delusional, you don't even know me LOL. Beerus was 4/10 at best.

Almost every top PS4 comp player list I've seen has Beerus in the top 5 or 10 players. Many had Beerus within the top 3. Mind you, I'm referring to lists created by other comp players who played in scrimmages or tournaments
    My name is Bob

• GenxDarchi
    7725 posts Member
    The difference between cards on regular Infantry isn't as great as others, most only increase radius. The Trooper play is mostly determined by blasters, not so much cards. Any Infantry can beat the other at equal skill, not the same for a Enforcer.
    You guys are gonna make me rich......
    Xbox G-tag
    XJO461
    That Specialist rework was disappointing.
    nceaq2h23fqj.png

Yeah, he is the self-proclaimed best hero player in the world.

Almost every top PS4 comp player list I've seen has Beerus in the top 5 or 10 players. Many had Beerus within the top 3. Mind you, I'm referring to lists created by other comp players who played in scrimmages or tournaments

They're all terrible, they barely play, xim, rapid fire and quit anything difficult. Lack of solo play killed these dudes skill. God, I wish proniq was back again to roast y'all lol.
  • GenxDarchi wrote: »
    The difference between cards on regular Infantry isn't as great as others, most only increase radius. The Trooper play is mostly determined by blasters, not so much cards. Any Infantry can beat the other at equal skill, not the same for a Enforcer.

Uh, kinda.

Ok?

Who cares? Easy game.

Obviously you do, since you're the one who went on and on bragging about all the supposed BF17 world records you hold.

And if that's the direction you're going to go, one of those players was ranked as a top 500 Overwatch player not long after he started playing it.
    My name is Bob

Ok?

I was explaining why your previous point could be true, that he was stomped.

Who cares? Easy game.

Obviously you do, since you're the one who went on and on bragging about all the supposed BF17 world records you hold.

And if that's the direction you're going to go, one of those players was ranked as a top 500 Overwatch player not long after he started playing it.

I was literally rank 1, LOL.

Ok?

Ok?

Ok

This.
    I never realized how powerful the gun attachments in this game were until I equipped my Officer’s SE-44C with the Rapid Fire attachment. Now, I can easily kill another trooper quickly without even landing headshots.

This.
    I never realized how powerful the gun attachments in this game were until I equipped my Officer’s SE-44C with the Rapid Fire attachment. Now, I can easily kill another trooper quickly without even landing headshots.

I wish all these zarya mains knew this.
  • @Raylol sort these dudes out.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • @Raylol sort these dudes out.

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!