criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Clone Commando Community Transmission
September Community Calendar

Chewie Needs More Than Health and Regen

Over the past few weeks I have made it a point to select Chewie when I play CS to cut down on the saber spam. I think he is ridiculously weak compared to the other available heroes in this mode. While giving him more health and health regen will be nice. I believe he needs more than that to be viable. This is what I recommend.

1) General Health on Kill. Charge slam is too risky and unreliable. You can be on top of an enemy and have them roll through the ability.

2) Charge Slam should default to having the 50% damage reduction instead of using a card for it.

3) If his HOK is tied to charge slam, it needs the cool down reduced.

4) Bowcaster needs to do more damage. His bowcaster seems weaker than the Wookiee Warrior. It is weak and slow.

I understand that he was really strong in HvV, but he shouldn't made useless in CS and GA just because of HvV.

Replies

• unit900000
    3348 posts Member
    I agree to all of this and im not scared of a damage buff to his bowcaster he was easily manageable even with his old damage he was never overpowered its just that no one knew how to play smart around him.
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000

• I somehow missed that post. I agree with your ideas, and I particularly like the melee forth ability. Seeing him ragdoll troopers with melee would be amazing.

I didn't mention anything about his stun even though I think it is too short now so I also agree with you on front as well.
  • Agree, health/regen changes are a nice touch, but he needs a major non explosive damage buff.
    (Imo chewie didn’t need that last damage nerf, he’s mega weak now :'( )
  • unit900000 wrote: »
    I agree to all of this and im not scared of a damage buff to his bowcaster he was easily manageable even with his old damage he was never overpowered its just that no one knew how to play smart around him.

This.
  • He definitely needs a standard HoK card.

The upcoming health adjustments are good.

His bowcaster needs to maintain the same damage at all ranges. This would be a huge buff without breaking him.

Also, his bowcaster should shoot only a single, large bolt that does a little more damage than the current three spread. This would make it a high damage skill weapon, not a lame shotgun variant.

Spread shot bowcasters are a video game creation from years ago and have always been poodoo. It needs to shoot like it did when he shot Kylo, and FB should have an explosive shot like it did when Han tried it out on Tacodana.
  • He definitely needs a standard HoK card.

The upcoming health adjustments are good.

His bowcaster needs to maintain the same damage at all ranges. This would be a huge buff without breaking him.

Also, his bowcaster should shoot only a single, large bolt that does a little more damage than the current three spread. This would make it a high damage skill weapon, not a lame shotgun variant.

Spread shot bowcasters are a video game creation from years ago and have always been poodoo. It needs to shoot like it did when he shot Kylo, and FB should have an explosive shot like it did when Han tried it out on Tacodana.

450 damage across the entire map? Huh lol.
  • Admiral_Xen
    2757 posts Member
    unit900000 wrote: »

After the first nerf he was fine. Iden could wreck him. Vader choke-throw was GG no RE. Boba dive bombing instagib etc.

The rate of fire nerf to FB was totally unnecessary. Gimped him in GA vs trooper mobs even more than he already was.

He's not unplayable in HvV but is hard to think of a single reason to choose him over Han/Leia other than laugh emote.
    61tgj36mc1n9.png

• Over the past few weeks I have made it a point to select Chewie when I play CS to cut down on the saber spam. I think he is ridiculously weak compared to the other available heroes in this mode. While giving him more health and health regen will be nice. I believe he needs more than that to be viable. This is what I recommend.

1) General Health on Kill. Charge slam is too risky and unreliable. You can be on top of an enemy and have them roll through the ability.

2) Charge Slam should default to having the 50% damage reduction instead of using a card for it.

4) Bowcaster needs to do more damage. His bowcaster seems weaker than the Wookiee Warrior. It is weak and slow.

I understand that he was really strong in HvV, but he shouldn't made useless in CS and GA just because of HvV.

No actually Chewbacca is just fine and if anything really he needs to have more of the nerfs, he's just that annoying I mean like nobody ( that matters) would really miss him if he just disappeared and was deleted. Bye hairy beast, never loved you.

• anidriX
    1008 posts Member
    Over the past few weeks I have made it a point to select Chewie when I play CS to cut down on the saber spam. I think he is ridiculously weak compared to the other available heroes in this mode. While giving him more health and health regen will be nice. I believe he needs more than that to be viable. This is what I recommend.

No actually Chewbacca is just fine and if anything really he needs to have more of the nerfs, he's just that annoying I mean like nobody ( that matters) would really miss him if he just disappeared and was deleted. Bye hairy beast, never loved you.

Sure... let's start deleting content because it annoys *certain* people. Sigh...
  • But then people will cry about him being OP. The real solution here is nerfing Anakin down.
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif