criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Clone Commando Community Transmission
September Community Calendar

Heroes immediately available... and cheap?

sukebe7
419 posts Member
In CA I just bailed from a brand new game where a team-mate already had hornhead before anyone even got to a base and OB1 was already slicing and dicing people 20 seconds into the game.
In a previous game I was surprised that after moments of gameplay I was able to get hornhead, who was only 500. I don't know the usual price as these heroes are always permanently greyed out after they become available.
Is hornhead always 500?
If you see this, it means I haven't found a game in well over 30 minutes.
PLAYERS NEEDED: ANY!

Replies

• JayJedi
    337 posts Member
    Maul and Obi-Wan are reduced this weekend for the 20th anniversary of The Phantom Menace.
  • il96
    575 posts Member
    oh that's the reason!!!??? Interesting... Its neat playing the hero at the very start of a OT or ST map.
    PS4 ButtersEgo96
  • Srublord
    206 posts Member
    il96 wrote: »
    oh that's the reason!!!??? Interesting... Its neat playing the hero at the very start of a OT or ST map.

No, it's horrible.
  • il96
    575 posts Member
    I found they died fairly often seeing how it only 200 points. The players are more reckless.
    PS4 ButtersEgo96
  • hsf_
    1855 posts Member
    Great, so you're going to have 20 officers per team all doing the buff at the start, then all suiciding to try and be Maul or Kenobi. Nice work DICE, really...
  • sukebe7
    419 posts Member
    Yea, my PS4 is now off (Sony, do you GAS) and now I have nothing do boringly do. Tired of programming, don't want to make any music; I just want to blah for 30-40 mins.
    But, I have noticed that this game is starting to make me not want to turn on my game machine at all because after all, it's only going to result in 20 minutes of blindly searching through empty rooms or result in a game full of Toxic Heroes. Blast (which I've never liked, but it's the only other game available anymore) is only really 'open' for a couple of hours a day.
    I can't imagine someone who's bought the game now being instantly disappointed that the game is dead as there is essentially no online content.
    If you see this, it means I haven't found a game in well over 30 minutes.
    PLAYERS NEEDED: ANY!
  • hsf_
    1855 posts Member
    sukebe7 wrote: »
    Yea, my PS4 is now off (Sony, do you GAS) and now I have nothing do boringly do. Tired of programming, don't want to make any music; I just want to blah for 30-40 mins.
    But, I have noticed that this game is starting to make me not want to turn on my game machine at all because after all, it's only going to result in 20 minutes of blindly searching through empty rooms or result in a game full of Toxic Heroes. Blast (which I've never liked, but it's the only other game available anymore) is only really 'open' for a couple of hours a day.
    I can't imagine someone who's bought the game now being instantly disappointed that the game is dead as there is essentially no online content.

You may not know this, but there are other games you can play you know?
  • Srublord
    206 posts Member
    hsf_ wrote: »
    Great, so you're going to have 20 officers per team all doing the buff at the start, then all suiciding to try and be Maul or Kenobi. Nice work DICE, really...

Battlefront 2 for the next weekend:
    3exk4ecjig9a.gif
  • il96
    575 posts Member
    hsf_ wrote: »

I did the first time i found out about it; Had Maul in Mos Esley and Obi in Hoth but after that I didn't care. I don't play Obi at all, id prefer any other hero (less Finn) over him. As for Maul hes incredibly fun but if i had a choice to sprint to 4,000 and snag GG or Dooku i'm doing that!
    PS4 ButtersEgo96
  • JayJedi wrote: »
    Maul and Obi-Wan are reduced this weekend for the 20th anniversary of The Phantom Menace.

So to celebrate we get 2 cheaper heroes for a weekend but no skins for those heroes that we could have used for the game permanently?
    Fail.
    #StarWars-y
  • hsf_
    1855 posts Member
    JayJedi wrote: »

So to celebrate we get 2 cheaper heroes for a weekend but no skins for those heroes that we could have used for the game permanently?
    Fail.

Hooded Maul, Cyborg Maul, Ben Kenobi, etc.
  • JayJedi
    337 posts Member
    JayJedi wrote: »

Fail.

Ben said on an EA podcast yesterday that there was other things in this month's update besides the CS map, new HvV and hero changes that they will have a CT about before the update. I'm hoping that we get a Maul skin (or two) to celebrate TPM and maybe a padawan Obi Wan skin.